Dr. Orin Atlas, MD

Dr. Orin Atlas, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Orin Atlas, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Hainesport, NJ. He is 47 years old.

201 Creek Crossing Blvd

Hainesport, NJ 08036

• Amerihealth
  • EmblemHealth
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • QualCare
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Atlas

See how frequently Dr. Atlas performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spinal Stenosis
Spine Disorders
Herniated Disc

Dr. Atlas's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Hip Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Excision of Scapula, Clavicle, Rib, or Sternum
  • Excision of Tarsal or Metatarsal
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Surgery
  • Synovial Biopsy

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

1 Sanction
  • Disciplinary action in another state (3/21/2017)
    Action Taken: Reprimand
    Summary: Please reference the following Document
    Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    State: Pennsylvania
1 Board Action
  • Disciplinary action in another state (6/30/2014)
    Action Taken: Agreed Order with Terms and Conditions
    Summary: Please reference the following Document
    Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    State: New York

Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Yale University-School Of Medicine
  • Nyu-Hospital For Joint Disease
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Atlas has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Atlas has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Atlas does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Atlas and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Atlas' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Atlas to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Atlas' Performance
Willingboro, NJ |
Dr. Atlas is the best! When no other doctor would operate on my daughter ,Dr. Atlas was there for her. She is now on the road to recovery and is doing well. His staff is very professional, kind, caring and efficient. I would recommend Dr. Atlas to anyone that need a doctor for back pain. Thank you Dr. Atlas!
in Browns Mills, NJ |
Dr Atlas did a spinal fusion surgery on me in June of 2017. Living in pain for years I was completely frustrated and didn't know what to do. I was referred to Dr Atlas in May and within a month knew what was wrong with me. His bedside manner is impeccable. He answered every question I had and even ones I didnt ask! I would 100% recommend him to my family and friends!
in Palmyra, NJ |
Dr. Atlas gave me my life back!! Living in pain for years, other doctors didn't know what to do; Dr. Atlas relieved my "chronic intractable pain". This surgery was miraculous. A GREAT result! The staff at Atlas Spine is helpful, encouraging and understanding. Priscilla and Kathy kept me updated and on track while Shannon guided me through the process. Thank you all for being awesome! I would highly recommend this office to anyone who has back pain.
in Burlington NJ |
He is very confident extremely professional. My experience with a fix to my failing fission surgery was nothing short of miraculous. I am coming off my pain meds and can now sleep more than four hours at a time. Before the operation I was up almost every hour on the hour I walked around like a zombie. He did a great job you cannot do better than him.
in westampton |
In March of 2017 I went in to see Dr. Atlas. From the very start the whole process was very pleasant. The staff (Kathy and Priscilla) were extremely helpful and courteous. On the first visit I met with Physician Assistant Ashleigh. She was very courteous and very knowledgeable. I went to the appointment with MRI films in hand. She viewed them and was certain that there was something wrong with the previous surgery I had already gone thru so she wanted me to see Dr. Atlas who that day was
in Cookstown, NJ |
I have had three surgeries on my back by Dr. Atlas, and have had success all three times. He is a very caring doctor, and will only do surgery if it is necessary. He explains everything so you can understand what he is going to do, and it's benefits. I would recommend him to everyone I know and to those I don't know he is very good and knowledgeable in his field.
Merchantville, NJ |
Dr. Atlas was a Godsend ~ Haven't felt this great in years, Actually ran for the 1st time in over a decade! Falls have decreased by 95% and pain is significantly decreased as well.
in Mount Laurel, NJ |
Dr Atlas saved my life. I was in horrible pain and could not move an inch without screaming. He found an epidural abscess was in My spine. He removed that staph infection and preformed a laminectamy. I am 2 months out and feel so much better! I owe that all to Dr Orin Atlas.
in Burlington |
I find the staff to be friendly and helpful. Dr Atlas diagnosis the problems that was causing all the pain that I've been having. His bed side manners is great. Also, he and the staff cares about the patients. I recommend him very highly.
in Southampton, NJ |
Dr. Atlas performed an emergency microdiscectomy to remove a nearly 1cmX1cm herniation in my right L5. I was in extreme pain, and experienced immediate relief! I haven't felt this good in 15 years! Dr. Atlas and his staff have wonderful bedside manner and are very helpful and friendly. Dr Atlas worked with me and I highly recommend him and his office
in FLORENCE, NJ |
UMass Memorial at Worcester, MA sent me home in 10 days after injured in a major accident. Just 1 day at home I was in excruciating pain & back in hospital. Dr. Atlas after seeing X-Rays & MRI was shocked I was sent home because my spine was fractured. He did surgery T10-L2 fusion w/instruments and with in month I was walking and 7-8 month back to work & totally off of pain drugs. There is tolerable pain after 8 hours shift & sitting in front of a computer. Thanks 2 Dr. Atlas I got my life back
in Mount Laurel, NJ |
From the very beginning Dr. Atlas was extremely accommodating and showed very clearly he truly wants to help his patients. A breath of fresh air compared to most Dr's I've seen leading up to my diagnosis. Professional, courteous, accommodating and very thorough. Not only will I continue to see him for future treatment, I will and already have referred friends and family to him. I was diagnosed with spinal myelopathy which required a laminectomy and C3-C7 fusion. Awesome Dr! Excellent Staff!
in Atco |
I have one more review and this one is for the staff. Thank you with all my heart to the women in the office. You couldn't be nicer to a patient. Thank you for all your help, guidance and going out of your way to schedule my appointments, at a time convenient to me. You hard work and dedication towards your patients, doesn't go unnoticed. You are the best group of office personnel, at any doctors office i have ever been too. Thank you for being kind and for always having a smile and nice word.
Cinnaminson,NJ |
Dr. Atlas has saved my life and my ability to walk 2xs. The first time was in 2013 when he did about twenty hours of surgery over two days. I was wheel chair bound and my spine was in danger of being severed. He Putin rods and screws. At the end of the surgery I was able to move my feet. Shortly after, I was able to walk. Dr Atlas was supportive and kind to me and my family. Unfortunately, I developed a osteomyelitis infection at t12 s1.this year. Dr. Atlas was as sad as I was.
in Delrán NJ |
I had severe spinal stenosis and could not walk without a walker and had severe pain in both legs. Dr. Atlas diagnosed the problem and performed a Laminectomy and a Discectomy. I am now walking without pain and without a walker. Good job Doc!!!
This man gave me my life back I was on constant pain. I couldn't stand upright or stand more than 5 min. I couldn't care for myself. Couldn't work any more. I was in so much pain I thought I was on the verge of death. I had given up. And a young man refered Dr atlas to me. Dr. Atlas told me " you won't be what you were but I WILL be better than you are. That was in 2014 it's now 2016 and I'm still going. Thank You so so very much Dr Atlas.
in Hainesport, NJ |
Doctor Atlas performed a C4-C7 discectomy a C6 corpectomy. Inserted a rod and titanium plate withscrews. I was scared to death from hearing horror stories from others who had different surgeons. I must say that mine was not a horror story. Dr Atlas performed a life changing operation on me. He has given me my life back. I can use my arms and hands again. I can feel both of my arms. Just amazing. His office staff and assistant Rob are also wonderful.
in Voorhees, NJ |
I couldn't walk upright/constant pain, finally decided spine surgery my only option, Dr Atlas performed lumbar surgery- huge success- excellent care, fantastic office staff- highly recommend!!
in Medford, NJ |
When I called the office for an appointment, I had back spasms and nerve pain. I could no longer walk without severe pain. After surgery I am 100% better and now walking pain free. I would recommend him to anyone with back pain.
in Mount Laurel, NJ |
This was my second time going to Dr. Atlas. The first was 15 years ago for lower lumbar and I had no issues after the surgery. This time was for upper spine, vertebrae's 3,4,5,6 fusion surgery. I have no more pain in my upper back,, shoulders or pain down my legs. My balance is much better and I am able to walk better and resume my physical activity. I am 80 years old and could not have asked for anything better.
in Haddon Twp, NJ |
I had a sharp pain down my left leg for 6 mths. The pain was so excruciating I would cry daily. I went to one Dr who said it was just sciatica and sent me to therapy. Didn't help. Went to a Pain Mgmt who recommended that I make an appt w/ a Spine Specialist. That's when I took my MRI to Dr Atlas & was told "why" I was in so much pain. I had surgery on my L4/L5 & although you have pain from surgery, I knew the next day that he had fix the problem. 6 months later I feel great!!!!!!
in Lakehurst, NJ |
Dr. Atlas gave me my life back. I had L4, L5, and S1 surgery. I have no more back pain nor sciatica. I have some trouble bending but that is normal considering its in my lumbar. I couldn't believe I got lucky enough to find a doctor that accepted my insurance with his credentials. Rob, (PA) is great! He is so nice and doesn't act above you. They both explained what was happening to me and why I was in such pain after years of getting no help nor answers. Thank you for helping me and living again
in Bridgeton, NJ |
I couldn't be happier with the services provided by Dr. Atlas and his staff. I was in excruciating pain with a neck injury. Dr. Atlas was able to promptly see, diagnose, and treat me. Amazingly, I woke up from surgery pain free! His office staff from reception to check-out is pleasant and accommodating. While I certainly hope I never need his services again, I would certainly recommend Dr. Atlas to anyone.
in Toms river |
When I went to Dr. Atlas, I had excruciating back hip and pain radiating down my leg. I was unable to sleep,walk, sit, work, drive, or do pretty much anything without excruciating pain. We tried conservative measures butit didn't help so finally he did surgery and performed an SI fusion on me. It really helped a lot and I would definitely do it again and go back to this office. The office staff has been supportive, polite and very helpful. I would definitely go back and do this again if necessar
in Cinnaminson, NJ |
Superior diagnostic skills. After seeing several specialists previously, Dr. Atlas and his Physicians Assistant (Robert Hager) accurately diagnosed my condition and clearly explained my options. The office staff is professional, efficient, and friendly.
in Marlton, NJ |
I have been having SI pain for over 5 years now.I have had steroid injection many time.But nothing was long lasting.So 1 of my visits to Rothman,my Dr gave me a brochure on SI -Bone ifused.;So I did some research,and found Dr Atlas name on the SI -Bone site.With in 1 month I had SI surgery and same day walked and came home with little to none pain.My 2 week check up ,I was doing great with no pain.Now 8 weeks out and still no SI, pain and doing great.I have to say this surgery was worth it!
in Lumberton nj |
Hello .my name is ronnell. My experience with Dr.atlas was better than great. The care was amazing. I had back pain and i couldn't walk because of the pain going down to my leg. Dr.atlas change my life. After my surgery from dr atlas i was able to walk with no problem. Also i was able to live life with no pain.. dr atlas call and check on me before and after surgery to make sure i was ok. Also the care i received from hihis staff in his office was wonderful. Dr atlas is #1 :)
in JB MDL, NJ |
Dr. Atlas is very friendly and helpful. He was very quick at diagnosing my problem and we were in for surgery within one week. When talking to him about my problem he seemed very concerned and wanted to help.
in Burlington, NJ |
Jan 12th, I had a Laminectomy F-3,4,5 and S-1, I was diagnosed with Spinal Stenosis. The day I was discharged from the Hospital I had NO pain in my legs. I suffered with leg and lumbar pain for over two years. The surgery performed by Dr Atlas gave me mobility again. Today Feb 26th, after 10 months, I was able to walk my dog(Greyhound) and it was the best feeling imaginable. Dr Atlas, I promise to not try to do too much too soon. Thanks to your staff (they made office visits the best) and you.
Have you seen Dr. Orin Atlas, MD?
Are you Dr. Atlas?

See our Orthopedic Spine Surgery Specialists at Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center

Visit Dr. Atlas