Dr. Orin K. Atlas, MD

Dr. Orin K. Atlas, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male

Atlas Spine LLC 201 Creek Crossing Blvd, Hainesport, NJ 08036 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Atlas specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery and practices in Hainesport, NJ. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Atlas? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Atlas' Experience

See how Dr. Atlas' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Atlas

Dr. Atlas accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Atlas has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Atlas' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Atlas to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Atlas
Dr. Atlas' Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (141)
in Hainesport, NJ |
Doctor Atlas performed a C4-C7 discectomy a C6 corpectomy. Inserted a rod and titanium plate withscrews. I was scared to death from hearing horror stories from others who had different surgeons. I must say that mine was not a horror story. Dr Atlas performed a life changing operation on me. He has given me my life back. I can use my arms and hands again. I can feel both of my arms. Just amazing. His office staff and assistant Rob are also wonderful.
in Voorhees, NJ |
I couldn't walk upright/constant pain, finally decided spine surgery my only option, Dr Atlas performed lumbar surgery- huge success- excellent care, fantastic office staff- highly recommend!!
in Medford, NJ |
When I called the office for an appointment, I had back spasms and nerve pain. I could no longer walk without severe pain. After surgery I am 100% better and now walking pain free. I would recommend him to anyone with back pain.
in Mount Laurel, NJ |
This was my second time going to Dr. Atlas. The first was 15 years ago for lower lumbar and I had no issues after the surgery. This time was for upper spine, vertebrae's 3,4,5,6 fusion surgery. I have no more pain in my upper back,, shoulders or pain down my legs. My balance is much better and I am able to walk better and resume my physical activity. I am 80 years old and could not have asked for anything better.
in Haddon Twp, NJ |
I had a sharp pain down my left leg for 6 mths. The pain was so excruciating I would cry daily. I went to one Dr who said it was just sciatica and sent me to therapy. Didn't help. Went to a Pain Mgmt who recommended that I make an appt w/ a Spine Specialist. That's when I took my MRI to Dr Atlas & was told "why" I was in so much pain. I had surgery on my L4/L5 & although you have pain from surgery, I knew the next day that he had fix the problem. 6 months later I feel great!!!!!!
in Lakehurst, NJ |
Dr. Atlas gave me my life back. I had L4, L5, and S1 surgery. I have no more back pain nor sciatica. I have some trouble bending but that is normal considering its in my lumbar. I couldn't believe I got lucky enough to find a doctor that accepted my insurance with his credentials. Rob, (PA) is great! He is so nice and doesn't act above you. They both explained what was happening to me and why I was in such pain after years of getting no help nor answers. Thank you for helping me and living again
in Bridgeton, NJ |
I couldn't be happier with the services provided by Dr. Atlas and his staff. I was in excruciating pain with a neck injury. Dr. Atlas was able to promptly see, diagnose, and treat me. Amazingly, I woke up from surgery pain free! His office staff from reception to check-out is pleasant and accommodating. While I certainly hope I never need his services again, I would certainly recommend Dr. Atlas to anyone.
in Toms river |
When I went to Dr. Atlas, I had excruciating back hip and pain radiating down my leg. I was unable to sleep,walk, sit, work, drive, or do pretty much anything without excruciating pain. We tried conservative measures butit didn't help so finally he did surgery and performed an SI fusion on me. It really helped a lot and I would definitely do it again and go back to this office. The office staff has been supportive, polite and very helpful. I would definitely go back and do this again if necessar
in Cinnaminson, NJ |
Superior diagnostic skills. After seeing several specialists previously, Dr. Atlas and his Physicians Assistant (Robert Hager) accurately diagnosed my condition and clearly explained my options. The office staff is professional, efficient, and friendly.
in Marlton, NJ |
I have been having SI pain for over 5 years now.I have had steroid injection many time.But nothing was long lasting.So 1 of my visits to Rothman,my Dr gave me a brochure on SI -Bone ifused.;So I did some research,and found Dr Atlas name on the SI -Bone site.With in 1 month I had SI surgery and same day walked and came home with little to none pain.My 2 week check up ,I was doing great with no pain.Now 8 weeks out and still no SI, pain and doing great.I have to say this surgery was worth it!
in Lumberton nj |
Hello .my name is ronnell. My experience with Dr.atlas was better than great. The care was amazing. I had back pain and i couldn't walk because of the pain going down to my leg. Dr.atlas change my life. After my surgery from dr atlas i was able to walk with no problem. Also i was able to live life with no pain.. dr atlas call and check on me before and after surgery to make sure i was ok. Also the care i received from hihis staff in his office was wonderful. Dr atlas is #1 :)
in JB MDL, NJ |
Dr. Atlas is very friendly and helpful. He was very quick at diagnosing my problem and we were in for surgery within one week. When talking to him about my problem he seemed very concerned and wanted to help.
in Burlington, NJ |
Jan 12th, I had a Laminectomy F-3,4,5 and S-1, I was diagnosed with Spinal Stenosis. The day I was discharged from the Hospital I had NO pain in my legs. I suffered with leg and lumbar pain for over two years. The surgery performed by Dr Atlas gave me mobility again. Today Feb 26th, after 10 months, I was able to walk my dog(Greyhound) and it was the best feeling imaginable. Dr Atlas, I promise to not try to do too much too soon. Thanks to your staff (they made office visits the best) and you.
Have you seen Dr. Orin K. Atlas, MD?
Are you Dr. Atlas?

Compare Dr. Atlas

Orthopedic Spine Surgery
Hainesport, NJ 08036

Narrow your results

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Gout
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Sacrum Disorders
  • Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Spinal Cord Injury
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Excision of Tarsal or Metatarsal
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Surgery
  • Synovial Biopsy

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Dr. Atlas has 2 board actions

More What are board actions
    • Disciplinary action in another state  (6/30/2014)
    • Action Taken: Agreed Order with Terms and Conditions
    • Summary: Please reference the following Document
    • State: New York
    • Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    • Professional Misconduct  (5/22/2012)
    • Action Taken: Agreed Order with Terms and Conditions
    • Summary: Please reference the following Document
    • State: New Jersey
    • Documentation: Download here (PDF)

UMDNJ--Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
    Yale University-School Of Medicine
    Yale University-School Of Medicine
    Nyu-Hospital For Joint Disease
    University of Vermont

Dr. Atlas has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Atlas has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Atlas does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Atlas and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Atlas' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board actions found

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Atlas

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Atlas' Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Atlas

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients