Dr. Oren Friedman, MD

Dr. Oren Friedman, MD

Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery | Male | 45 years old

Dr. Oren Friedman is dedicated to giving you the most natural results with the shortest possible recovery time. He specializes in the most minimally invasive, innovative and advanced techniques available in facial plastic surgery – techniques he developed and perfected while serving as Director of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the world-famous Mayo Clinic and now continues to perform as the Director of Facial Plastic Surgery at the University of Pennsylvania.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Friedman's Experience

See how Dr. Friedman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Friedman

Dr. Friedman accepts 13 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Friedman has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Friedman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Friedman to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Friedman
Dr. Friedman's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (34)
Dr. Friedman Says:

Thank you very much for entrusting me with your care - it has been an honor to look after you and to provide you with the best possible care.  I take great pride in placing your needs first, and I hope you felt that come through during our interactions.  Thank you in advance for your kind words.

in Bethesda, MD |
Dr. Friedman referred me and my daughter to his aesthetician who is wonderful. Although I have not been treated by Dr. Friedman, he took the time to speak with me and my daughter about our goals and checked in with us after our services to make sure we were satisfied (which we were!). Dr. Friedman is patient, kind and genuinely cares about his patients. His staff was extremely pleasant and easy to deal with as well. An extremely positive experience all around!
in Quakertown, PA |
I went to Dr. Friedman for a serious medical concern resulting in a cosmetic deformity to my nose. He has an incredible amount of knowledge in both medical & cosmetic aspects of care. He explains everything & willingly answers questions. He & his staff are so kind, friendly, & professional. I had a rhinoplasty & sinus/nasal repair. I'm so pleased with my results. I'm breathing so much better now as well. He's known to be a perfectionist with each one of his patients. A truly gifted doctor!
in Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Friedman is the not only professional, but he takes a personal interest in each and every one of his patients. He is appropriately conservative and wants what is best for his patients. I have recommended him to my friends and family and they have been extremely pleased as well. He is the best!
Media, PA |
I would recommend this Doctor since he is patient, understanding and is sincerely honest. He took the time for a consultation with my daughter and she was very pleased with the outcome. Made her feel like she could go back to him anytime just to talk , made her feel so comfortable and is fantastic at what he does. His work is beautiful and wants you to be happy with your self..Even took the time to look at my son in law and myself.. I would for sure recommend this Dr to anyone.
in Allentown, PA |
I first saw an opthamologist when I saw I had a problem and thought it was my eye. He was uncaring and rude. After seeing him a few times he finally ordered a CT scan and when I called for results I was told to wait for my next appt. I demanded my results be sent to my family physician. My scan showed a large mass in frontal sinus and I was referred to Penn Medicine and immediately given appointment with Dr. Friedman and he was very caring and thorough through my tests,surgery and aftercare.
in Vineland, NJ |
He has a way of making you feel completely at ease. I never doubted choosing him for my surgery. He was always straightforward and very caring and compassionate. Like a member of the family. I would recommend him to anyone. In fact, I already have. He is the best!
in West Chester, PA |
From my very first visit Dr Friedman put me at ease and explained everything in a way that I could understand. He did a fabulous job on my surgery, for which I am eternally grateful. I trust him with my health care needs, and I highly recommend you do the same.
in Philadelphia, Pa |
I am a medical professional who was referred to Dr. Friedman by another prominent plastic surgeon to address not only the aesthetics of my nose but also my nasal breathing. I underwent surgery 3 month ago and I couldn't be happier with my decision and results. I had never realized that the shape of the nose can make you look younger and how important nasal symmetry is in determining facial beauty. I will definitely go back to Dr. Friedman and his team for my future aesthetic facial procedures.
in Bala Cynwyd, PA |
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Friedman. I had a lower face lift and it turned out great. Easy recovery time, it looks very natural. I am very happy with the results
Swedesboro, NJ |
The procedure he did on our son was rare and we weren't even sure if it was going to take. His bed side manner is wonderful. Explained everything in detail and made sure that not only us but our son understood everything.
in Voorhees, NJ |
Dr. Friedman is an outstanding surgeon and a genuine person. He is very easy to talk to and very professional. He knows so much information about what he is doing, and is so passionate about his work. I always felt comfortable in his office and confident before surgery. My results are over the top and I am very pleased.
in Duryea PA |
I presented to Dr Friedman with severe trouble breathing and saddle nose deformity.I had 3 previous surgeries 2 of them by another Philadelphia plastic surgeon. I had even traveled to New York consulting with a top surgeon. I choose to meet Dr Friedman on a recommendation and from the moment I did l knew I found the right surgeon . His bedside manner is wonderful. He takes time with you . I never felt rushed. He gave me a beautiful nose and really improved my breathing .I highly recommend him!!
in Moorestown, NJ |
Dr. Friedman provided my daughter with the most exceptional care I could have asked for. I have never had a doctor who took the amount of time Dr. Friedman did to explain the procedure, address questions, etc. He made us feel comfortable and confident with our decision for surgery. Having Dr. Friedman do the surgery was the best decision we made! My daughter can now breathe. She feels and looks amazing! We cannot thank him enough!!!
in Huntingdon Valley, PA |
I have complete confidence in Dr. Friedman. He was the third Doctor that I had taken my son to for his breathing problems and was the only one to correctly diagnose him. Dr. Friedman did a rhinoplasty and adnoid removal and both the operation and recovery went flawless. He is intelligent, patient, kind and extremely competent. His staff is wonderful also.
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Friedman performed nose surgery on my daughter about 6 weeks ago. The results are beyond our expectations in terms of how beautiful she looks, as well as how well she can breathe. My daughter did not want a cookie cutter nose, but to retain her character and fix the breaks she had sustained through her sports. Dr. Friedman truly listened to her, showing her state of the art before and after images. The results are great and we are very happy.
in Philadelphia, PA |
He is a good doctor. Honest, upfront. Confident in his skill, and rightly so.
Lansdale, PA |
Dr. Friedman is exceptionally caring, trustworthy, knowledgeable, and talented. His expertise and attention to detail are reflected in his work, and he will go out of his way to ensure each patient's expectations are exceeded. When it comes to life-changing surgeries and medical care, choosing a doctor you can confidently trust is crucial. You cannot beat the professionalism, skill-level, and quality of Dr. Friedman. I highly recommend him to anyone looking for a premiere surgeon/doctor.
in Point Pleasant NJ |
I had previously broken my nose five times!I had a severely deviated septum and my nose was crooked!We live in NJ ,but have come to realize the best doctors are at UPENN! We were lucky to have been directed to Dr Oren Freidman.He has great bedside manner and answered all my questions.We scheduled surgery. My nose was in bad shape but Dr.Friedman was amazing and though the recovery was rough I can breath again, my nose is beautiful straight and feel great!Thank you! My outcome was worth it!
in Philadelphia, PA |
I had a terrific experience with Dr. Friedman and couldn't be happier with the results of the surgery he performed. Throughout the process - from initial consultation, to pre-op, to post-op, he was caring and professional, candid, and demonstrated world-class expertise that made me very comfortable completely trusting him. I am extremely pleased with the outcome of my surgery - both in terms of my breathing better, and in terms of the way my nose looks. I highly recommend Dr. Friedman.
NJ |
I was always extremely self-conscious of my nose. I had an obvious bump and my nostrils were not positioned proportionally. I was recommended to Dr. Friedman and I am so glad I was. I ended up having rhinoplasty and septoplasty done. Dr. Friedman did a wonderful job on my nose and I now love it. People that didn't know I had the surgery done are surprised when they find out since it looks so natural. My self-confidence has improved tremendously thanks to Dr. Friedman.
in Philadelphia, PA |
I would not let him put a bandage on my dog. My experience with Dr. Oren Friedman is akin to what I would expect in a used car lot; not in a place of medicine, and certainly not at the nation?s first and supposedly finest hospital.?
Upper Darby, PA |
the worst surgeon on the planet. i took the time to write this review because i do not want what happened to me to happen to anybody else. this dr is a scam. i do not know how he is on all this boards. clearly he does not care about his patient. my surgery was a failure and he didn't even apologize for it. every time i go to his office i have to wait for an hour so that he can see me for 2min. i had a septo and rhino. i did not need a rhino but he is a good salesman a very good salesman
Really pushes every cosmetic procedure possible. Great technique to make you feel like you need to cover your face and not be seen in public otherwise. Hour and a half wait past appointment time. Staff couldn't explain charges but were quick to schedule surgery and make sure they collect $$. Almost can't remember what I went to see him for he pushed so many other procedures. Exam room was dirty.
Have you seen Dr. Oren Friedman, MD?
Are you Dr. Friedman?

Compare Dr. Friedman

Dr. Friedman says...

Dr. Oren Friedman earned his BA from the University of Pennsylvania and his MD from Thomas Jefferson University. He completed his residency in  Otolaryngology at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in 2002, and then completed a fellowship in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Oregon Health and Sciences University in 2003.

Dr. Friedman returned to Philadelphia in 2010 as the University of Pennsylvania's Director of Facial Plastic Surgery after serving as the Director of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. Dr. Friedman has provided expert surgical care to celebrities, international royalty, and political figures from around the world. He is thrilled to be back home to fill Philadelphia's plastic surgery needs, and to continue to serve the plastic surgery needs of his regional, national, and international patients from an East Coast base.

Dr. Friedman's Care Philosophy

Dr. Friedman says...

Dr. Friedman is a specialist in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He is one of a select few surgeons board-certified in both Facial Plastic Surgery and Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. This means that Dr. Friedman is dedicated exclusively to facial cosmetic surgery. By limiting his practice and expertise to Plastic Surgery of the Face, Dr. Friedman is able "to provide the best care to every patient every day" – a principle ingrained in him by the founding surgeons of the Mayo Clinic.

Dr. Friedman says...

Dr. Friedman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
    •  Board certified in Otolaryngology and Plastic Surgery & Facial Surgery
    •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Dr. Friedman has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Why It Matters: Dr. Friedman's Board Certifications

• Cleft Palate
    • Cosmetic Conditions
    • Deformities of Auricle or Pinna
    • Deviated Septum
    • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
    • Eyelid Disorders
    • Oral and-or Facial Cleft
    • Orbital Fracture
    • Sinusitis
    • Sleep Disorders

Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University

Graduated in 1997

Completed in 2003

University of Pennsylvania

Graduated in 1993

• Hebrew

Dr. Friedman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Friedman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
    • Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
    • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
    • Blepharoplasty
    • Botox® Injection
    • Brow Lift
    • Cleft Palate Repair (Palatoplasty)
    • Cosmetic Eyelid Surgery
    • Cosmetic Facial Surgery
    • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
    • Dysport Injection
    • ENT Surgery
    • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
    • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
    • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
    • Eyelid Surgery
    • Facelift
    • Facial Reconstruction
    • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
    • Juvéderm® Injection
    • Juvéderm® Ultra Plus XC Injection
    • Juvéderm® Voluma® Injection
    • Lip, Excision or Resection
    • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
    • Neck Lift
    • Neck Liposuction
    • Non-Surgical Facelift
    • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
    • Radiesse® Injections
    • Restylane® Injections
    • Sinus Surgery
    • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
    • Wound Repair

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.