Dr. Oran Aaronson, MD

Dr. Oran Aaronson, MD

Neurological Spine Surgery | Male

I strive to provide excellent and compassionate care that is tailored towards specific patients and their unique conditions. Where possible I employ non-surgical management options and only recommend surgery when absolutely necessary.

I was born in London, England. Completed undergraduate studies with First Class Honors at the University of London, Kings College and obtained my medical degree at the University of London, St. Bartholomew's Hospital in 1997. I also completed a Masters of Management in Healthcare degree at Vanderbilt's Owen Graduate School of Management where I received the Dean's Award. My post graduate training was done at Vanderbilt University Medical Center where I completed an internship in general Surgery and residency in neurosurgery in 2004. Since 2004 I have been an attending neurosurgeon and faculty member at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. In addition to having a busy practice treating patients, I was the Chief of Neurosurgery at the Nashville Veteran's Hospital and the Residency Program Director in charge of training the next generation of neurosurgeons. Most recently I was the Medical Director of the Vanderbilt Spine Center. In 2017 I will be joining the Howell Allen Clinic in Nashville and continue to provide comprehensive personalized spine care. My clinical interests include surgery of the spine with emphasis on minimally invasive techniques, degenerative spinal disorders such as disc herniations and spinal stenosis, complex spinal reconstruction and spinal tumors. I am listed in the Consumers' Research Council's Guide to America's Top Surgeons and have received the Five Star Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction.

Dr. Aaronson's Experience

See how Dr. Aaronson's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Aaronson

Dr. Aaronson accepts 24 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Aaronson has admitting privileges.

Dr. Aaronson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Aaronson to family and friends
    Dr. Aaronson's Performance
    in Smyrna, TN |
    dr aaronson has been treating me for 10 years he is the only dr i trust
    in Brentwood TN |
    Highly qualified given his years of experience. Excellent listener, provides the rationale for his recommendations. Engages with you on a personal level and is concerned if your wait was too long or there were any system issues with his office. Was voted 'Most Compassionate Physician" by Vanderbilt nurses and that has also been our experience with him. He rearranged his entire surgery schedule to attend to my husband who was in pain with a herniated disc. He is a nurses doctor..really great guy.
    in Nashville, TN |
    After consulting with 2 other neurosurgeons during which I felt like a cattle call for patients that need spinal surgery, I came away feeling as though Dr. Aaronson listened, explained and wants to provide the best, most appropriate care for my situation. I would recommend Dr. Parkinson without hesitation to anyone. Ditto for his staff. A very knowledgeable and helpful physician AND staff. The best of the best.
    in Henderson, KY |
    I suffered from back and leg pain for 6 years. After my surgery, I was up walking within 4 hours and discharged from the hospital within 2 days. My pain has completely resolved and I feel like Dr Aaronson gave me my life back! Would readily recommend him!!!!!
    Portland, TN |
    Dr. Aaronson is a skilled, caring Surgeon. He is the very best!
    Have you seen Dr. Oran Aaronson, MD?
    Are you Dr. Aaronson?

Dr. Aaronson says...

I was born in London, England. Completed undergraduate studies with First Class Honors at the University of London, Kings College and obtained my medical degree at the University of London, St. Bartholomew's Hospital in 1997. I also completed a Masters of Management in Healthcare degree at Vanderbilt's Owen Graduate School of Management where I received the Dean's Award.

In 2017 I will be joining the Howell Allen Clinic in Nashville and continue to provide comprehensive personalized spine care.

I am listed in the Consumers' Research Council's Guide to America's Top Surgeons and have received the Five Star Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction.

Dr. Aaronson's Care Philosophy

Dr. Aaronson says...

I have over a decade of experience as an attending neurosurgeon treating patients with spinal disorders using state of the art techniques including minimally invasive options. In addition, as a prior faculty member at an academic medical center, I helped train resident physicians in the use of these techniques.

Dr. Aaronson says...

I have extensive experience in the use of state of the art neurosurgical techniques to treat the full spectrum of spinal disorders. My expertise includes the training of other physicians in the use of these of these techniques and published articles comparing different treatment options for patients.

Dr. Aaronson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurological Spine Surgery
    •  Board certified in Neurosurgery

Dr. Aaronson has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

Why It Matters: Dr. Aaronson's Board Certifications

Vanderbilt University Med Center

Completed in 2004

University of London

Graduated in 1992

Dr. Aaronson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Aaronson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurological Spine Surgery
    • Minimally Invasive Neurological Spine Surgery

• Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery
    • Cervical Spine Surgery
    • Complex Spine Surgery
    • Herniated Disc Surgery
    • Kyphoplasty
    • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
    • Laminectomy