Dr. Oran Aaronson, MD

NeurosurgeryMale

Neurosurgery

Dr. Oran Aaronson, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Nashville, TN and has over 25 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University College London, University Of London, School Of Medicine medical school in 1997. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital Midtown and Saint Thomas Hospital for Specialty Surgery. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Oran Aaronson, MD

Ascension Medical Group Saint Thomas Howell Allen Midtown Neurosurgery

2011 Murphy Ave #301 Nashville, TN 37203
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Compare with other Neurosurgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Aaronson with our nearby Neurosurgery Specialists at Tristar Southern Hills Medical Center.

Make an appointment at Tristar Southern Hills Medical Center today at (615) 952-0874.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Tristar Southern Hills Medical Center.

Dr. Aaronson's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Aaronson

Dr. Aaronson

Attentive and Reassuring
Dr. Aaronson was very attentive to my concerns. He was also reassuring. The explanations he gave, regarding my medical issues, were informative and clear to understand.
Rick – May 12, 2022
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us...Read More
Dr.Aronson
I found Dr. Aronson to be fantastic. Thorough and encouraging. He asked a lot of questions and suggested physical Therepy which was a relief. Very knowledgeable and not quick to suggest surgery. I would definitely recommend him to my family members and friends.
Susan Nadler – May 11, 2022
So glad to hear your positive feedback! Thank you...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Oran Aaronson, MD?
I arrived about 30 minutes early to be able to complete any paperwork that I possibly hadn’t done in my new patient packet mailed to me. The support staff are amazing so friendly compassionate and helpful. I was taken back within 10 minutes of my arrival and was getting my instructions before my scheduled appointment time. Dr Aaronson had impeccable credentials and reputation as a highly skilled surgeon. He was cordial and interested in my case as well as my person. I feel quite comfortable that I’m in good hands for my upcoming surgery. 5 stars on all accounts!
Apr 02, 2022
Thanks for the great feedback! We will be sure to...Read More
Highly recommend
Dr. Aaronson, his staff and nursing team are kind, compassionate and an expert in their field. 100% success from my spine surgery and they have been there every step of the way during my recovery. I would recommend Dr. Aaronson to anyone!
Bobbie Esters – Apr 02, 2022
Our hospital aims to deliver high quality care....Read More
Exceptional care.
Feb 24, 2022
We sincerely thank you for the positive review!...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Oran Aaronson, MD?
If available I'll give him 100 stars. I would recommend Dr. Aaronson to anyone needing a neurosurgeon. He is highly skilled, subject matter expert, excellent listener, and compassionate physician. He treats his staff and patients with the upmost respect and professionalism, placing the patient best interest above anything else. He gave my spouse and I our quality of life back. Dr. Aaronson operated on my spouse three times and she walks pain free because of him. I had debilitating pain radiating from my neck and lower back for over two years. After Dr. Aaronson did surgery on my neck, hands, and lower back, I'm pain free, have the strength back on my hands. He gave my spouse and I our quality of life by enabling us to be pain free. We are forever grateful to him, his commitment to medice and care for his patients.
Edwin Perez-Montalbo and Carmen Perez- De La Matta – Jan 27, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Oran Aaronson, MD?
Dr Aaronson has been my surgeon for years. I do not believe I would be walking if it were not for his very capable hands. I would not ever have any other surgeon work on my spine. The STAFF in every location is as professional and caring as he is. I honestly love going to my appointments at the Howell Allen Spinal Clinic. And I can not say that about many other doctors I have had the pleasure of seeing over my lifetime. I appreciate each and every one within their Organization. I am a horrible patient except at their hospital. Because each and every one of them actually cares and as a patient I can feel it. I do my best to Thank them each and every time I go to my appointments.
Keith A Roberts – Jan 13, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Oran Aaronson, MD?
Dr. Aaronson has helped me through my past two spinal surgeries with amazing results. Mine is a condition that only stands to deteriorate even more over time, but Dr. Aaronson has been wonderful in helping me maintain and even extend the time I can enjoy a quality of life I might not otherwise have achieved. I couldn’t be more grateful!
Johnny Polson – Dec 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Oran Aaronson, MD?
After living with severe back pain for over a year and a half. I tried all alternative measures before seeking a Neurosurgeon. Surgery was my last resort. After meeting with Dr. Oran Aaronson his recommendation was to have surgery. Dr. Aaronson was very thorough in describing in detail what to expect, he took the time and answered all questions that I had. He made me feel very comfortable. I had 2 primary bulging disks at L2 / L4, one at L5/S1 and severe spinal stenosis throughout my lower back. Surgery took place at St. Thomas Hospital for Spinal Surgery, my stay was overnight and the next morning I was able to walk for the first time without any pain. The first week was totally pain free, the second and third week had some discomfort. After that I have have been able to walk and begin to lead a normal life, making sure I followed all of his directions. Starting Physical Therapy and expectations continue to be very promising. I highly recommend Dr. Aaronson for any spinal surgery,
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
May 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Oran Aaronson, MD?
Dr. Aaronson has completed 2 major surgeries on my spine. I have the utmost trust and confidence in him. He took very good care of me in surgery and after care. I will continue to see him for my every need of my spinal care. The Howell Allen Clinic has wonderful care professionals and they treated me very special.
lanaskaggs – Mar 31, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Oran Aaronson, MD?
Dr Aaronson is hands down the best neurosurgeon I’ve ever been to. I was dealing with lower back pain with sharp stabbing and shooting pain going down both legs. This started in April last year and became worse in August last year. I had an MRI and CT mylegram done in October which showed significant issues at the S1 area. I went to a neurosurgeon here in Bowling Green, KY and another down in Nashville at Vanderbilt. All I heard from them was we don’t agree with the imaging and there wasn’t anything they could fix. I finally reached out to Dr Aaronson and he agreed to do an exploratory surgery to see if he could fix the problem because of the amount of pain I was in. This ended up being the best decision I’ve ever made and thanks to Dr Aaronson he was able to fix the compression of nerves at S1 plus replaced the hardware from a previous back fusion because the screws were loose at L5. He took the time and effort to resolve the issue and gave me my life back, pain free!!!
Joshua Vernon – Mar 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Oran Aaronson, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Aaronson to everyone I know with spinal issues, he is an amazing surgeon, he has done both of my back sugeries, is always ready and willing to listen to my issues and find the root cause of what is going on. If you ask me I would give him 100+ stars if I could
Mary – Jul 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Oran Aaronson, MD?
He did not seem interested..My MRI read that i had disc bulge , spinal stenosis and sciatica and he referred me to a rheumatologist..i diodnt get two words in edge wise..He could have cared less...i see he was highly reccomended and thats why i consulted with him..i am from Kentucky He was from Tennesse. I left confused and felt ignored..
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Dec 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Oran Aaronson, MD?
June 2018 surgery. Pain level was a 9 before his surgery. Year later still at a level zero. Before surgery, life wasn’t worth living because of back pain. Now pain is still gone because of Dr. Aaronson
M Hammer – Sep 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Oran Aaronson, MD?
Dr. Aaronson performed spinal surgery on me in early 2018. I was experiencing constant pain in my upper legs. He told me it could take up to a year or longer to feel relief. In June 2019 - 18 months after the surgery - my pain abated and I am now pain free! I so appreciate Dr. Aaronson’s expertise. He has given me a pain free life!
Nancy Cox – Aug 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Oran Aaronson, MD?
I saw Dr. Aaronson in 2014 after a very large tumor was discovered in my spinal canal. I researched myself best doctors for this surgery and came across him. I knew from my first appointment that this was the doctor I wanted. He is so knowledgeable and very professional, yet also very caring. My surgery was a very difficult one and I have no doubt he remembers it well as it was around ten hours long and a difficult tumor to completely remove. I had a very difficult recovery but I’m convinced Dr. Aaronson was the absolutely best doctor to help me. He’s still my favorite doctor out of the many I have dealt with. I would not hesitate to use him again should I need another tumor removed. Other doctors could learn a lot from him as far as treating patients with respect and kindness. Highly recommend!
Monica Murray – Aug 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Oran Aaronson, MD?
The front reception area was nice and the staff were very friendly to me. I have only saw Dr. Aaronson 2 times for my neck issues. He is not very personable or chatty, but he is very skilled and comes highly recommended. He does recommend other treatments before surgery and I appreciate that. He is very knowledgeable and seems very professional, which is the most important when it comes down to it.
May 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Oran Aaronson, MD?
I had to go in Dr. Aaronson office on 3-12-2018 because I had fallen hard and wanted to make sure I did not damage my back where he done my back surgery. I did not seen the Doctor but a nurse. I want to let you know everyone of his workers had a big smile on their faces. Makes you feel better when you see smiling faces.Thanks to all of you for making me feel good. Mary Price
Mary Price in Pleasant View Tenn – Mar 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Oran Aaronson, MD?
Very knowledgeable, has a great reputation from other patients. He is very polite and a man of few words. Only small criticism is the he does seem to be "on to the next patient" pretty quickly. Front desk staff at Howell Allen Clinic are not very "patient oriented". To be fair, they are not rude or unkind, but clearly not compassionate or courteous to patients in the waiting area.
TN – Nov 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Oran Aaronson, MD?
I first saw Dr. Aaronson 3 years ago. He had me try pain management first. Eventually I had to have surgery. I knew I wanted Dr. Aaronson to perform the surgery. It was extensive. I am so happy to have found him. I feel he was God sent. My wife an I think he is a wonder caring doctor. We would certainly recommend him. He takes time to it listen to you. Thank you Dr. Aaronson an your staff. You all are the best.
Jerry McLain in Church Hill, Tn – Aug 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Oran Aaronson, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Aaronson?