Dr. Opeoluwa Akinnusi, MD

Dr. Akinnusi
Telehealth services available

StrongTower Behavioral Healthcare, LLC

3750 Palladian Village Dr Ste 110 Marietta, GA 30066

Dr. Opeoluwa Akinnusi, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Marietta, GA. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Akinnusi to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth

No malpractice claims found for Georgia

Check Dr. Akinnusi's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Akinnusi's Top Procedures and Conditions

Dementia or Depression Screening

Dr. Akinnusi performs Dementia or Depression Screening more than 80% of her peers

Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery

Dr. Akinnusi performs Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery more than 80% of her peers

Psychiatric Evaluation

Dr. Akinnusi performs Psychiatric Evaluation more than 80% of her peers

Dr. Akinnusi's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcohol or Substance Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anorexia
  • Autism
  • Binge Eating Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Cognitive Function Testing
  • Conduct Disorder
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Dementia or Depression Screening
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Separation Anxiety

Dr. Akinnusi accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Akinnusi has indicated that she accepts most major insurance carriers

(678) 265-8361Find providers who accept this insurance

Dr. Akinnusi's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Akinnusi

3.1

Dr. Akinnusi?
  • Explained conditions well (24)
  • Listened & answered questions (24)
  • Office environment (24)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (10)
  • Appointment was rushed (9)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (9)
Absolutely impossible to get ahold of anyone that works here. They never answer the phone and every pharmacy I’ve used has a hard time getting in touch with them too whenever I need a refill. I am quite literally dependent on my medication to function and cannot drive, work, or even sleep properly without it because the withdrawals are so awful. Obviously they know this, so to be so difficult to reach and downright ignoring requests to call in my prescriptions is pure cruelty. Find someplace else...this office has no business working with vulnerable people.
Jun 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Opeoluwa Akinnusi, MD?
I have been trying to get a hold of someone in the office for about a week now. I have left voice mails and messages through their online portal with no response. Today, I called from my work number and left another voice mail. About 20 minutes later, someone from their office called my work number, which they do not have the number to, and after I answered the phone and said the name of the company, they hung up. This is extremely unprofessional. They have time to screen their calls, but not re
Social Circle, GA – Jan 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Opeoluwa Akinnusi, MD?
She used to be great. Her staff used to be organized and kind. my family member went there for 5 years. She's good but not good enough to deal with that incompetent staff. The office manager is at fault. She's unprofessional and downright mean. I have shown up for an appointment and have been told that all appointments were cancelled for the day because the Dr went on a trip! My cell phone is on my hip 24/7. No one ever called. Mix ups with prescriptions, billing, and appointments are common.
LH – Feb 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Opeoluwa Akinnusi, MD?
Brilliant physician! She addressed my questions & concerns before I even had to ask. Spent the time I needed with her & never felt rushed. Obviously stays educated on what is new & on top of her specialty! Office staff very nice as well! Thank you!!
Dec 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Opeoluwa Akinnusi, MD?
Dr. Akinnusui allowed her new office manager to disrespect and refused to set me an appointment. After stating I was going to report her, she then lied on me and cancelled all my appointment. I have emailed and wrote Dr Akinnusui a letter because the staff will not let me see her. I have yet to hear from my doctor I have been seeing over 4 years. I guess they only care about is billing your insurance not your wellbeing.
Disappointed in Kennesaw, Ga – Apr 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Opeoluwa Akinnusi, MD?
I have been with Dr. Akinnusi for close to 4 years and it's impossible to get an appointment a good bit of the time. The phone is rarely answered, she overbooks appointments when she is not canceling. When she started out she was a great doctor but has gotten progessively worst over the years. I would not recommend her. There are other good doctors in the area.
Smyrna, GA – Sep 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Opeoluwa Akinnusi, MD?
I was very apprehensive about taking my child to a psychiatrist. I made initial contact to their office and was warmly greeted by Sheryl. She answered all my questions even though I was a nervous mom and had many. She took the the time and assured me the providers would do what was best for my child. It takes a while to get an appointment but of course they are specialist with a sub speciality in child and adult psychiatry so I understood and was patient. It was worth the wait.
Mother of patient and now I'm a patient too in Marietta ga – Aug 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Opeoluwa Akinnusi, MD?
Dr. Akinnusi and her staff provide caring and compassionate service in a professional and friendly manner. She is a keen observer of behavioral changes, and sincerely cares about her patient's wellbeing. I recommend her without reservation.
Patient Mom in Roswell, GA – Jul 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Opeoluwa Akinnusi, MD?
Pleased with the Doctor's information, and view point. She displays interest and communicates well with my teen son. Office staff, billing and scheduling have been rude multiple times. Rescheduling can be painful, with 40 minute phone conversations. During a house move we threw away a new set of adhd rxs. While the admonishment was expected the lack of help was not. 10 years and only one loss is doing pretty good. Three months later he was back on them. On/off is not healthy during school
Marietta, GA – May 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Opeoluwa Akinnusi, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Akinnusi?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry