Dr. Omid Barzideh, MD

Dr. Omid Barzideh, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. Omid Barzideh, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Garden City, NY. He is 45 years old and has been practicing for 19 years.

Winthrop Orthopaedic Assoc., PC

1300 Franklin Ave Ste UL3A

Garden City, NY 11530

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • CareOregon
  • Fidelis Care
  • Health Net
  • HealthPartners

Learn about Dr. Barzideh

See how frequently Dr. Barzideh performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis
Knee Disorders
Bone Disorders

Dr. Barzideh's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Barzideh "In 2007, Dr. Sam Barzideh joined the distinguished cadre of surgeons at Winthrop Orthopaedic Associates. Dr. Barzideh has been practicing orthopaedic surgery at Winthrop University Hospital since 2003. In addition to a diverse set of interests in practice of General Orthopaedics,Complex Total Joint Replacements and Revisions, Arthoscopic procedures and treatment of post traumatic conditions he also has extensive experience and expertise in surgical and non-surgical treatment of complex upper and lower extremity orthopaedic trauma and fractures in all age groups including treatment of malunions/non-unions and post traumatic deformities His personal philosophy in management of some of the more urgent and disabling orthopaedic conditions is that of technologically advanced surgical and non surgical care while approaching the patient and their families with the compassion and kindness that is often easily overlooked."

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Degenerative Joint Disease in the Shoulder
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp

• Excision of Scapula, Clavicle, Rib, or Sternum
  • Excision of Tibia or Fibula
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Hemi (Half) Hip Replacement
  • Total Knee Arthroplasty With Robotic Assistance
  • Total Knee Replacement
  • Total Shoulder Replacement
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Binghamton University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1994
    Medical School | Graduated 1998
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1999
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2003

• Patient's Choice Award, 2011

Dr. Barzideh has no media or publications listed.

• Farsi

Dr. Barzideh does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Barzideh and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

NYU Winthrop Hospital

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Barzideh is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Barzideh's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Barzideh to family and friends
Dr. Barzideh's Performance
in new hyde park |
I have been seeing Dr. Barzideh for about a year for my knees. The treatment I received relieved my pain tremendously. In September I twisted my left knee and felt a pop. The next day I called Dr. Barzidehs office and they told me to come in immediately. Had surgery within 2weeks. Recovered in 3 days! Great bedside manner. Amazing Dr.
Dr. Barzideh did a great job with my hip replacement. It is only one week since my surgery and I am doing very well. I would definitely recommend Dr. Barzideh. I also want to mention it is a pleasure coming to this office because the staff are always very pleasant and helpful.
Dr Barzideh did my left thr on 6/28 and right on 7/26. I am pain free and my recovery has been amazing. Every step of the way his team and staff were available. I would highly recommend him
in Carle Place NY 11514 |
Best experience I've had going in cold scheduled me before e he had availability the whole process was seamless I would recommend Dr. Barzideh to anyone needing joint replacement,as a matter of fact Dr. Barzideh took my wife as a patient on emergency basis no questions asked 10
in Albertson, NY |
Dr. Barzideh is an absolutely fantastic Orthopaedic surgeon! He is personable with a very calming, friendly way about him. His skill is unbeatable! I was walking after a total hip replacement the night of surgery! His whole team of support professionals are the best! Everyone helped me feel calm before and after surgery! The at home health care team felt like family--caring and friendly. Dr. Barzideh of Winthrop Orthopaedic Associates is the best, and I highly recommend them both!
in Franklin Square, NY |
Dr. Barzideh is very caring and explains everything. He did a fantastic job on my hip replacement. He answered all my questions and concerns before and after surgery and made the process s easy and pain free as possible. I would highly recommend Dr. Barzideh.
in Floral Park, NY |
Dr. Barzideh and Kim are fantastic! I had right Total Hip Replacement one week ago. Only a 2 night hospital stay. The healing process has been great. I am walking with a cane, can negotiate the stairs, do all my personal care and get around without any assistance. The level of pain is very manageable . Dr. Barzideh and Kim answered all my questions and provided me with beyond excellent care! I had the left hip replaced 2 years ago and thought that was great, this time is even better! SUPERIOR!
in Huntington Station, NY 11746 |
Dr. Barzideh is in the process of returning my 87-year-old aunt life back by having performed his miraculous knee replacement surgery, she needed knee replacements in both legs. Today, she is moving around like a ‘spring chicken’ in no pain in the right knee and has signed up to do her left knee later this year, she has her 'independence' back. Thank you Dr. Barzideh and your Staff (April and Kim) for having shared your thoughtfulness, dedication and professionalism in making her life enjoyable.
in Floral Park, NY |
Dr. Barzideh performed a procedure on my knee to cut off the torn portion of my meniscus (menisectomy) in June 2017. He took the time to fully describe the procedure to me both in his office and again on the day of the surgery. I came out of the procedure with very little pain after the first day. The staff in his office (and also in the ambulatory surgery location) were all very helpful and patient.
in Queens Village, NY |
Dr. Barzideh performed a complete hip replacement; he is the best and that's an understatement. No one can believe how quickly I am recuperating. Dr. Barzideh gave me my life back and I am greatly appreciated. Thanks Dr. Barzideh for your expertise and professionalism. Dr. Barzideh's staff was also great!!
in Mineola, NY |
Dr. Barzideh and his staff are fabulous !. He did arthroscopy on my knee for a torn meniscus. He is very easy to talk to and explains everything. I would recommend him to anyone who needs knee surgery .
Oceanside, NY |
Dr. Barizideh repaired my torn meniscus I had surgery on a monday walked out with a cane and had no troubles afterwoods been walking on it ever since . I wouldhighly recommend him to everyone!
in Forest Hills, NY |
I felt confident that I was in good hands with Dr. Barzideh from the first consultation. He explained what was happening to my knee so carefully and thoroughly, and clearly delineated the options I had. Three weeks after he completed my total knee replacement surgery, I can bend my knee more than 100 degrees without pain. I highly recommend Dr. Barzideh for his both expertise and compassion.
in Bellmore NY |
Dr. Barzideh is a gifted surgeon. My left hip replacement was perfect. I'm just over 3wks post surgery and have begun to start walking without a walker and also now driving. Hiis anterior approach to this surgery is magnificient. I highly recommend his hip replacement services. No infection, no leakage at all from the wound. I'm blessed to have selected him to perform this procedure on me.
in Stewart Manor,NY |
I had total knee replacement on March 8th,2017. Today is April 20th and I'm ready to play golf. Dr.Barzideh and Kim did an amazing job. The healing process is ongoing but the scarring is almost invisible. I would highly recommend Dr. Barzideh to anyone requiring his apparent talent and skills. John Kay
West Hempstead, NY |
The whole experience with Dr. Barzideh , from beginning to end was 5 star. I had a total hip replacement. I believe that because of Dr. Sam's approach, my recovery time was unusually fast. Just 5 days after surgery I'm walking with a cane and have very little pain. There's still a ways to go for complete recovery, but I credit this healing process to Dr. Sam
in Massapequa Park, NY |
I am a 69 year old woman who on Feb. 1, 2017 had a total knee replacement with Dr. Barzideh. I found Dr. Barzideh to be a very compassionate and gifted surgeon. His assistant Kim works very closely with Dr. Barzideh with the same care and compassion. The office staff at Winthrop Orthopaedic is very efficient and caring also. I would highly recommend Dr. Barzideh to anyone who needs orthopaedic care or surgery.
in Baldwin, NY |
Ten days ago Dr. Barzideh replaced my hip. His step by step explanation of the procedure helped to allay my fears. He took the time to answer all my questions. He was recommended by two of my doctors. He has a very professional and accommodating staff and a state of the art office. I would definitely recommend Dr. Barzideh to anyone who needs an orthopedic surgeon.
in Westbury, NY |
Dr. Barzideh performed my anterior hip replacement in January 2017. The result is nothing short of amazing. He promised me I would be out of pain, and kept his word. He "busts my chops" in a good way to ensure my outcome is successful. To say I am satisfied is an understatement. I will place myself in Dr. Barzideh's hands without hesitation should I need further orthopedic work.
in Lindenhurst, NY |
AMAZING!!! My experience with Dr. Barzideh can be described as nothing less than AMAZING!..Not only did he prove to be a wonderfully talented surgeon...but also a wonderful human being with a terrific sense of the needs of his patients. It was a blessing to feel his confidence as it served as a calming factor as they wheeled me into the OR...I'm happy to say that I am 3 weeks ( to the day ) post op of a total hip replacement using the anterior approach and I am already back to work!
in Bellmore, NY |
He is very polite and informative- No pressure. Recommended arthroscopic surgery on my left knee. Everything went as he said it would. He wants to make sure there no pain. I am happy to say that 1 week after surgery - still no pain and healing is going well. I am very happy that saw Dr Barzideh.
Mineola, NY |
He's an arrogant jerk! He has little patience for his patients and is unaccomodating.
in bayville, NY |
I found Dr. Barzideh to be very caring and an excellent listener! His way of explaining everything to me made me very comfortable to put myself in his hands!! He was very honest and up front with what to expect with my hip replacement! So far so good doing sooo much better than I ever thought! I also love the efficiency of the office staff!! Hope this helps others choosing a doc isn't so easy!
in East Meadow, New York |
My experience with Dr Barzideh was excellent. I had complete left knee replacement in May, 2016. I healed very quickly. As I told him I will also now recommend him to my left knee anytime. His Physicians assistant Kim was a doll and very professional. I am very glad I found this practice. Frances Grusell
in Garden City, NY |
Dr. Barzideh recently completed a total knee replacement of my left knee. My recovery has been relatively easy and I am extremely pleased with all stages of the procedure. If I were to have other medical problems requiring an orthopedist, I would definitely return to Dr. Barzideh.
in Howard Beach, NY |
Dr.Barzideh recently performed a total hip replacement on me & everything is going great. This was actually the second major surgerey he performed on me in the past 18 months. If you are in need of a surgerey or a joint replacement this is the doctor you should be consulting. The level of courtesy & professionalism from Dr Barz & his staff are off the charts. All of my questions & concerns were addressed. He helped me through a very difficult time & I can't thank him enough.
in Amityville, NY |
He was very detailed about all aspects of the procedure.
in Merrick, Ny |
Knows his field. Very pleasant. After 4 weeks of knee replacement, I was up and walking.
in Massapequa, NY |
My daughter who has Down syndrome needed a hip replacement and Dr Barzideh was excellent with her.She keeps saying Dr. Barzideh is a good doctor.
in Nyack, NY |
Dr. Barzideh replaced both of my hips and I feel great, thanks for giving me my good health back!!
in New York |
Dr. Barzideh is an extremely intelligent and highly skilled doctor. My mom had both knees replaced by Dr. Barzideh and the surgery and recovery were flawless. She was back to walking perfectly within 4 weeks and experienced very little pain during recover . We trust his judgement and recommend him without hesitation
Have you seen Dr. Omid Barzideh, MD?
Are you Dr. Barzideh?

Visit Dr. Barzideh

Dr. Barzideh accepts 34 insurance carriers
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
    Medicaid
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO

Hospitals where Dr. Barzideh has admitting privileges

NYU Winthrop Hospital
259 1st St
Mineola, NY 11501

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Barzideh at Winthrop Orthopaedic Assoc., PC