Dr. Omer Tipu, MD

Dr. Omer Tipu, MD

Family Medicine | Male

Dr. Omer Tipu, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Brooklyn, NY. Dr. Tipu is affiliated with Brooklyn Hospital Center.

Dr. Tipu's Experience

See how Dr. Tipu's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Tipu

Dr. Tipu accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Tipu has admitting privileges.

Dr. Tipu's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tipu to family and friends
Dr. Tipu's Performance
brooklyn, NY |
I went to see him while visiting my daughter who is a regular patient of his. I was unwell and my daughter notified MD Tipu who suggested I come in despite not having a standing appointment. I'm a diabetic who's sugar was not well controlled. My previous doctor would not listen to my request to change my medicines but Dr. Tipu listened and made changes. Ever since seeing Dr. Tipu my sugars are much better now. I've decided to change over to Dr.Tipu. He is caring, listens, and excellent overall.
in Bohemia, NY |
Dr. Tipu takes you through the logical reasoning leading to his decisions and judgments. He has sound justification for treatments and knows when not to treat. I have been treated many physicians or various degrees of competence. Dr. Tipu is outstanding.
in Brooklyn |
He is a great doctor, and his whole staff is amazing
in Harrow, HRW |
Best doctor in the history of time. I'm so proud of your accomplishments. We met as children but you have supported me through the horrors of being chewed up and spat out by the NHS Mental Health Services four times. I was always a nervous girl. You know that. You never questioned my truth. Thanks for being almost like a father figure to me. I know that sounds confused but I suppose what I mean is that you have always listened to me with a compassionate air and accepted that was bright!
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr tipu has been my primary care doctor for over 4 years best doctor in Brooklyn hands down. From the common cold to a major surgery he has been there as a doctor and a friend.
in Brooklyn |
I became his patient during his residency.I have followed him and now I consider him as a friend. He is the doctor to my wife , my one daughter and two sons. Good man with a good heart.He treated my family members from Jamaica whenever they come to Usa and he has never charged a penny.I have a lot of respect for him. God bless him and his family .
in Brooklyn, NY |
Pleasant experience seeing him for the first time.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Excellent experience! Awesome Doctor he spent fair bit of time in explaining my medication situation. Highly recommended.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Tipu is a good doctor, HOWEVER, the way he runs his practice like a walk in clinic is an abomination. Prepare to spend 3 hrs. God forbid you need to get a prescription filled by phone. I spoke to dr. Tipu on phone who was to send in a prescription but he filled wrong dosage. I called his office 10 times to correct prescription and was yessed to death only to be ignored. I gave up. Completely unprofessional.
in Brooklyn, NY |
I should have also mentioned in my previous reviews. I am a nurse :) And I throughly trust my doctor, Dr. Tipu.
in Brooklyn, NY |
I have seen many doctors never had a pcp till Dr. TIPU. I love that he takes him time n explain everything to u. He never rushes u out or make u feel like u asking a stupid question.Love Love Love Dr.TIPU
in Brooklyn ny |
Horrible dr more worried about giving controlled substance then actually doing his job went to see him and got no help left me to suffer hope he gets what he deserves 1 day
Have you seen Dr. Omer Tipu, MD?
Are you Dr. Tipu?

Compare Dr. Tipu

Dr. Tipu's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Tipu has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Tipu's Board Certifications

• Family Practice

• Alzheimer's Disease
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Dementia
  • Depression
  • Emphysema
  • Heart Disease
  • High Cholesterol
  • Injuries

• Urdu

Dr. Tipu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tipu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Geriatric Medicine