Dr. Omer Khalid, MD

Dr. Omer Khalid, MD

Gastroenterology  ·
Dr. Omer Khalid, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in North Chesterfield, VA and has been practicing for 18 years. He graduated from Dow Medical College, Dow University Of Health Sciences in 2000 and specializes in gastroenterology.

215 Wadsworth Dr

North Chesterfield, VA 23236

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Khalid

See how frequently Dr. Khalid performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Nausea
high
Diarrhea
Dysphagia

Dr. Khalid's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Gastroenterology

• Gastroenterology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Settlement : 4/20/2015
    Nature of Complaint: OUT OF STATE CLAIM: IL. Reported by the North Carolina Medical Board INCIDENT LOCATION: MOUNT VERNON, IL /// PRACTITIONER COMMENTS: Patient presented to the ED one day after being discharged for carotid endarterectomy surgery. He was complaining of a headache, pain on the side of the surgery, nausea and constipation. He was given a complete neurological exam that was completely negative. His blood pressure medications had been held prior to discharge for being hypotensive during admission. A CT scan was done to rule out any surgical complications and was negative. His blood pressure was noted to be running in the 160's. He was discharged home to resume his home anti-hypertensives and follow up with his PCP. Patient unfortunately returned the next day with a cerebral bleed.
    State: North Carolina
  • Settlement : 2015
    Amount or Range: Average
    Nature of Complaint: Location: Mt. Vernon, IL. I did not have the right to consent or not consent to a settlement of the case. This policy did not provide for my consent to settle. Despite the fact that the case was settled, I do not feel that I deviated from the standard of care in my treatment of the patient.
    State: Virginia

• Dow Medical College, Dow University Of Health Sciences
    Medical School | Graduated 2000
  • So Il University School Of Med

Dr. Khalid has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Khalid has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Khalid does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Khalid and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Khalid's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Khalid

Dr. Khalid?
Dr. Khalid's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Omer Khalid, MD
I have never written a review on a doctor but Dr. Khalid is such an exceptional doctor that I wanted to take the time to do this. He is so kind and caring. He asks for questions to be sure that you understand. He explains your condition, treatment options and medications in such a caring and...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Omer Khalid, MD?
GSI and Dr Khalid absolutely exceeded my expectations. My PCP spoke to Dr Khalid directly and I had an appt within a week. He was extremely friendly, knowledgeable, and concise. Now, doctors could always spend more time with their patients, but Dr Khalid wastes little. He was prepared for our...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Omer Khalid, MD?
I came to Dr. Khalid after the retirement of my previous gastroenterologist who I had seen for over 20 years. I was immediately aware that he is very knowledgeable in his field and that he was very thorough in his approach to my concerns. I felt completely confident that his diagnosis, treatment,...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Omer Khalid, MD?
Dr. Khalid is great. He really listens.. and at appropriate time is really funny. Which I love! He really makes you feel comfortable. Which I think is important when talking about your GI stuff which can be uncomfortable to talk about.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Omer Khalid, MD?
I met DR. Khalid while he was at SLU working with Dr. Bruce Bacon. I was very ill and facing death at one point. Between DR. Khalid's bedside manner, medical knowledge and ability, he quickly became a comforting sight each time I entered the hospital. I was very saddened when I found out he was...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Omer Khalid, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Khalid?