Dermatology  |
Dr. Omar Ibrahimi, MD
Dr. Omar Ibrahimi is Harvard trained dermatologist and Castle Connolly top doctor. Dr Ibrahimi is the founding and medical director of the Connecticut Skin Institute. He is a board certified Dermatologist who has completed advanced fellowship training in Skin Cancer, Laser and Cosmetic Surgery. Dr. Ibrahimi has trained at the most prestigious medical institutions in the country. He is one of the foremost physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of all types of skin cancer, as well as medical and cosmetic issues involving the skin. He has been honored as a Castle-Connolly Top Doctor for his outstanding patient care. Dr. Ibrahimi was born and raised in New York City. He graduated from Stuyvesant High School and then attended New York University for both his undergraduate and medical school education. He is a graduate of the rigorous MD-PhD program and was honored with the Sulzberger award given to the top graduating medical student in dermatology. He then completed his Dermatology training at Harvard Medical School working at Massachusetts General Hospital, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Children's Hospital of Boston, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and the Boston Veteran's Hospital. Omar then completed a fellowship program in Mohs and Reconstructive Surgery, Laser and Cosmetic Surgery at the University of California – Davis. Dr. Omar Ibrahimi is accredited by the American College of Mohs Surgery, the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, the American Society for Lasers in Surgery and Medicine and the American Academy of Dermatology. He is well-known nationally, having been an invited speaker at numerous national meetings, and has written extensively about Mohs Surgery, Laser and Cosmetic Procedures. Dr. Ibrahimi has published many articles on skin cancer surgery, laser and cosmetic procedures in leading medical journals. He has also performed thousands of cases of Mohs Surgery and Laser and Cosmetic procedures. Dr. Ibrahimi has served as a Visiting Assistant Professor of Dermatology at Harvard Medical School in the Wellman Center for Photomedicine. The Wellman Center for Photomedicine is the world's leading research center, where the majority of today's laser and cosmetic technologies were invented and tested. He is an active participant in many clinical trials of new technologies. Prior to founding the Connecticut Skin Insititute, Dr. Ibrahimi was also an Assistant Professor of Dermatology, Dermatologic Surgery and Mohs Surgery at the University of Connecticut, and served as the Director of Laser and Cosmetic Surgery. Dr. Ibrahimi prides himself on treating his patients, not just their skin cancer or cosmetic concern. His goal is to provide you with the best possible medical care in a friendly environment

Connecticut Skin Institute

• Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Ibrahimi

Dr. Omar Ibrahimi is a Harvard trained dermatologist and Castle Connolly Top Doctor. His and the practice's main priority is to provide expert, compassionate care to all children and adults who seek consultation and/or treatment of skin disorders, or who wish to take advantage of the latest advances in dermatologic cosmetic treatment to improve their skins health. Our core value is outstanding patient care.

WE DO THIS BY:

Ensuring that our practitioners not only stay current on the most recent advances in dermatology but actively participate in advancing the practice of dermatology through research.

Making sure our patients are educated about their conditions.

Using only state-of-the art products, equipment and procedures into our patient treatment plans.

Finally, our entire staff endeavors to treat every patient and their family members with the same level of compassion, empathy and respect as we ourselves would wish to be treated.

Dr. Ibrahimi's Experience

Dr. Ibrahimi's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

• Minimally Invasive Cosmetic Surgery
  • Mohs Micrographic Surgery
  • Procedural Dermatology
  • Surgery

Dr. Ibrahimi does not have any board certifications listed.

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Dermatitis
  • Hair Loss
  • Itchy Skin
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Psoriasis

• Skin Cancer Removal
  • Skin Surgery
  • Skin Tag Removal
  • Wart Removal

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• New York University
  • University of California Davis Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • PHD New York Unviersity
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Ibrahimi has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Ibrahimi has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi
  • Urdu

Dr. Ibrahimi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ibrahimi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ibrahimi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ibrahimi to family and friends
Dr. Ibrahimi's Performance
Darien, CT |
Dr. Ibrahimi is the BEST! I have seen him for countless procedures. He is an excellent doctor!
in Reston, va |
Can't say enough about this practice. I travel to Stamford from D.C at least once a month and found Dr Ibrahimi through a coworker. His staff is very professional and sweet. My eczema has cleared up and I definitely plan to keep visiting this office as long as I can.
in Stamford, CT |
He is an expert with an artist's hand when using & recommending lasers. I get frustrated when I think about how many thousands of dollars I've wasted following the advice of others who pushed multiple series of lasers (mainly IPL or Venus) that resulted in little improvement. After a consultation and one session with Dr Ibrahimi, I have never looked better. He's honest, recommends treatments that work (im fair skin with rosacea), and has a range of lasers i haven't seen outside of manhattan.
Fairfield, CT |
Excellent provider, very professional and knowledgeable, highly recommend!
CT |
Dr. Ibrahimi is wonderful. He performed a procedure on my face . No fuss and no scar. I would suggest Dr. Ibrahimi to my family and friends. His staff is also fantastic.
Westborough, MA |
Staff was rude. I paid for a full consultation and the staff informed me that I could not discuss all my skin needs with the doctor because he didn't have time. Even though I was on time For my appointment. I paid 150 cash for a full consultation and he spent less than min with me. He didn't really analyze my skin concerns looking at it for a second. He didn't go over all available options with me either. I had to ask about certain advertised treatments for Him to recommend them.
in New Haven, CT |
When I first heard about CoolSculpting, I was skeptical. But when I tried CoolSculpting myself at the Connecticut Skin Institute (CSI), my skepticism vanished, along with the excess fat deposits around my waistline. Now, when I wake up in the morning, the skin around my waistline feels taught and healthy, just as it did when I was a teenager. Instead of feeling fat and old, I feel thin and youthful. Instead of feeling bloated and depressed, I feel thin and happy. Thank you, Dr. Ibrahimi!
in Monroe, CT |
I recently went to Dr. Ibrahimi to have a pico laser treatment done on my face for some dark pigment. He was professional, kind, and extremely knowledgeable. He has many different types of machines, so he was able to suggest the best treatment. His staff was great too! I would highly recommend. I am planning on going back again for a second treatment.
Bronx, NY |
I went for a consultation which I thought I would at least get a few options. The doctor didn't really examine my face and gave one option which was overpriced and would require too much downtime. I was very disappointed and would rather find someone who would offer patients more options that are tailored to them. Not everyone can spend upwards of $10,000. Save your money and visit someone who will spend the time to try to help address your concerns.
in CT |
Dr Ibrahimi was highly recommended to me by several people who, like me, had small cancerous cells that needed to be removed from their face. I am glad I took their advice - my nose is healing beautifully. Both doctor & staff took care to explain exactly what they were doing during the procedure, checked in regularly to make sure I was ok, and gave ample directions on after care. Both doctor and staff were incredibly professional, accommodating and patient with my concerns.
in Darien, CT |
You know you are in the presence of greatness when it comes to all things skin health when you meet Dr. Ibrahimi. A little digging will show you how very smart and cutting edge he is and yet he is very humble about his incredible pedigree. What matters most is he knows what he is doing and wastes no time getting down to business and providing exceptional service. You won't be disappointed and you will want to find reasons for going back to this professional haven!
in Norwalk, CT |
I can't say enough great things about Dr. Ibrihimi and his staff. They are state of the art, honest, knowledgeable, patient, compassionate, and always on time. I would trust him with any procedure he offers.
in Stamford, CT |
The front-office staff is friendly and professional, and the quality of care is superb.
Stamford, CT |
I would not recommend this Doctor. I found him insensitive to my personal needs. When I very delicately spoke of a procedure he performed that I was not 100% happy with, he got very offended and would not even just agree that there may be another alternative. I felt he misinterpreted our conversations not understanding my desires, questions or concerns. And that was unfortunate for me. I left there feeling hopeless and the reasons I went to him were unresolved.
in Ridgefield, CT |
I have had 2 MOHS procedures done by Dr Ibrahimi. For 2nd one, I got in on very short notice to comply with my travel schedule, that couldn't be changed. Office is well run, very friendly staff. Everything well explained. There is a relaxed sense of competence in the office. Would highly recommend.
Ct |
Dr. Ibrahimi, his nurse, and all of his staff are caring . The office is clean and welcoming.
in Willington, CT |
Thrilled to have found Dr. Ibrahimi. Needed to find a Mohs surgeon here in CT. From the very first call to his office I have found everyone to be extremely kind and professional. My ear has healed beautifully! Both my husband and I are now patients of Dr. Irahimi. Each time we visit we leave very thankful to be under his care. The staff is amazing and incredibly accommodating.
in Bethel,Ct |
Dr Ibrahimi is so knowledgable and has excellent bedside manners. I have had Botox and other cosmetic procedures, and always so pleased with the results! The staff are always smiling, kind and make me feel at ease. Would recommend the office to anyone looking for a wonderful doctor.
in Greenwich, CT |
Dr. Ibrahimi performed a Mohs surgery on my nose. I had visions of looking like the Frankenstein monster prior to the surgery. Just a few months later, you can barely see the scar from the surgery. I highly recommend him as a superb doctor and excellent Mohs surgeon.
in New Canaan, CT |
Dr. Ibrahimi spends time to carefully understand my concerns and resolves things to muy satisfaction in a single visit. Too many doctors treat patients with little concern for their non medical needs. Dr. Ibrahimi treats me like a person. He waits for me, status as long as needed, and makes certain that he has resolved my issues. My mother doesn't like doctors, except for Dr. Ibrahimi. He was careful and patient with her, and took care of her issues with a single visit.
Have you seen Dr. Omar Ibrahimi, MD?
Are you Dr. Ibrahimi?