Gastroenterology  |
Dr. Om Chaurasia, MD
As a gastroenterologist of more than twenty years, he is fully aware of the importance of studying each case as its own unique instance. He is devoted to targeting the problem and does not stop until the most effective treatment plan is achieved. He has served as the President of the Orange county gastroenterology society, and as a committee member of the American College of Gastroenterology. He has served on the clinical faculty as Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of California, Irvine, and is currently the medical director of Pacific Gastroenterology Endoscopy Center. In addition to general gastroenterololgy including colon cancer screening, he has a particular interest and expertise in the Endoscopic Retrogrde Cholangio-Pancretography (ERCP) and in the field of pancreatobiliary diseases. Over the several decades, he has successfully managed a score of patients with a variety of gastrointestinal conditions including gastroesophageal reflux disease, peptic ulcer, celiac disease, irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis, and Crohn's disease. Dr. Chaurasia received his medical degree from the Prince of Wales Medical College, Patna, India, followed by internal medicine training in England, UK. He completed his residency training in internal medicine at the University Medical Center, East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina. In addition, he served there as the chief medical resident. He did 3-year fellowship training in gastroenterology and hepatology at the University of California, Irvine. At the University of Amsterdam, Holland, an internationally renowned center for pancreatobiliary endoscopy, he completed advanced training in therapeutic ERCP. His board certification includes American subspecialty board of gastroenterology which he passed with the highest decile of ten. He has received several awards including the Glaxo Fellow's award at the national meeting of the American Gastroenterological Association. For three consecutive years (2015, 2016 and 2017), he received the prestigious "Physician of Excellence" award from the Orange County Medical Association, California. In peer-reviewed journals, he has authored several original articles and abstracts. He has given presentations at various professional society meetings at the state, national and international levels. He is the past President of the UC Irvine Gastroenterology Alumni Association and the Indian Medical Association of Southern California. His membership and affiliations include American College of Physicians American College of Gastroenterology American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy American Gastroenterological Association Royal College of Physicians, U.K. California Medical Association Orange County Medical Association Dr. Chaurasia speaks English and Hindi. He is married with 2 grown daughters and a son. His hobbies include tennis, swimming and keeping abreast with world affairs.

Pacific Gastroenterology Medical

26421 Crown Valley Pkwy Ste 140A

Mission Viejo, CA 92691

• Anthem Blue Cross
  • ARTA Health Network
  • AvMed
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California
  • CoreSource
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)

Learn about Dr. Chaurasia

Dr. Chaurasia enjoys interacting with patients and their families, spending ample time to listen to their concerns about care. He also takes time to educate them about the disease process and discuss treatment options. It is highly rewarding for him to be able to provide medical services using modern technology integrated with personalized care, where patient's involvement in medical care choices is encouraged.

Dr. Chaurasia's Experience

Dr. Chaurasia's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Gastroenterology

• Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

• Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy With Polypectomy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Cancer Screening
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • ERCP With Spincterotomy
  • Endoscopic Common Bile Duct Stone Removal
  • Endoscopic Polypectomy
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Fecal Impaction Removal
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoid Banding
  • Liver Biopsy
  • Percutaneous Edoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
  • Small Bowel Enteroscopy
  • Snare Polypectomy

No malpractice history found for California.

• Patna Medical College, Patna University
    Medical School | Graduated
  • East Carolina University School Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992
  • University Of California Irvine Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Chaurasia has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi

Dr. Chaurasia does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chaurasia and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Chaurasia's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chaurasia to family and friends
Dr. Chaurasia Says:

I appreciate your time in completing a patient survey.  If you received a great service and attention, please tell a friend or a family member.  If you would like to give a feedback, please tell me or my staff.  We are committed to providing you the best care.

Dr. Chaurasia's Performance
Laguna Niguel, CA |
Dr. Chaurasia and his team really understand how to deliver an exceptional patient experience. They work together like clockwork, with expertise and professionalism at every level.
in Laguna Beach, CA |
Dr. Chaurasia is very knowledgable! Great staff!
in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA |
Very thorough, thoughtful, and informative. Made the experience as easy as it could be.
in Lake Forest, CA |
Thank you Dr Chaurasia and staff for caring and love you have for your patients, muchas gracias ;), me sentí tardada con respeto, me ayudaron en todo lo que necesitaba saber, y el Dr. Siempre trato de darme las mejores respuestas A mis preguntas y preocupaciones como paciente, el personal muy amable gracias.
in Laguna Niguel, CA |
I had an execellent experience. The nurses were very thorough, friendly and explained their actions. The staff in the procedure room were very welcoming, also explained what they were doing. They followed up after the procedure to check if everything is ok. Highly recommend.
Dana Point, CA |
Office staff, nurses and Doctor were thorough and attentive. Everyone was courteous and friendly, made me feel at ease.
in Laguna Niguel, CA |
Dr. Chaurasia and his staff are very professional. I had a very good experience and would offer the highest rating to him and his staff. Matt Baer
in Laguna Hills, CA |
Dr. Chaurasia and his staff were friendly, very efficient and I received a call within two days with results. I would highly recommend to family and friends.
San Clemente, CA |
Dr. Chaurasia barely spent anytime at all with me, and actually cut me off multiple times during my first (and final) visit. It definitely felt like he wanted to get me in and out quickly, as they were behind schedule. He even asked if I think I have cancer when I already have a diagnosis and just need help with it. Not a pleasant experience when someone just clearly doesn't want to work with you.
I hope that we may be able to win your favor again, as your experience is not at all indicative of our patient care standards. Thank you for your comments.
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA |
Could have not asked for a better outcome to this rather uncomfortable procedure.
in Mission Viejo, Ca. |
Dr Chaurasia and his staff were very kind and efficient. I am very grateful to them.
in Ladera Ranch, CA |
I have received really great care from the office of Dr. Chaurasia. Great service and a very nice and competent doctor!
in Mission Viejo, CA |
Very Dedicated Dr. gives you all the time that is necessary for you to understand the diagnosis. Very polite and has a good follow up. Office staff are very efficient and pleasant. Well run office and surgery center.
in Newport Beach, CA |
very nice procedure with Dr chaurasia and staff. everyone was super friendly and I was made comfortable before and after the procedure.
in Trabuco Canyon, CA |
Dr. Chaurasia was kind & explained things to me when I was in the hospital. Then i visited him for a follow-up appointment. I was able to schedule my colonoscopy before the end of the year. I had some abdominal pain after the procedure, & I was able to talk directly to the nurse & she in turn to the Dr. I was reassured about what was happening & what to do. When the biopsy report came back, Dr. Chaurasia called me himself with the results. I really appreciate that.
in Mission Viejo |
I had an excellent experience. Dr. Chaurasia's staff was very comforting and put me at ease. I recommend Dr. Chaurasia with complete confidence.
Professional staff that explains details of your specific procedure. Dr Chaurasia takes time to explain procedure results and answer any questions you might have. Always a follow up on any lab results that are usually available within a week.
in Laguna Niguel, CA |
Dr. Chaurasia provided a thorough explanation of my colonoscopy procedure during the initial consult. He allowed ample time to answer any questions/concerns in advance of the scheduled procedure. On the day of the procedure, he again offered me an opportunity to answer any questions I may have had since our original consult. His staff was both professional and sensitive to my every need and Dr. Chaurasia was the consummate professional both before, during and after the procedure.
San Clemente, CA |
Appreciated call with cancellation making earlier appointment possible. Warm gowns and blankets very nice!
in Mission Viejo, CA |
Dr. Chaurasia and his staff are wonderful! They were awesome on the initial visit when I needed to get in and out quickly due to scheduling issues with my son. The day of the procedure I was nervous but they made me feel relaxed and comfortable as soon as arrived at the office. The procedure was quicker and easier than I ever would have imagined. I highly recommend Dr. Chaurasia!!
in Mission Viejo, CA |
I came back to Dr. Chaurasia for my second procedure due to the good experience I had the first time. The staff was great and took care of me.
Laguna Beach, CA |
Very punctual (very important to me), everything was thoroughly explained before, during and after the procedure. Everything went as described. All staff were professional, courteous and respectful.
in Aliso Viejo, CA |
Dr. Chaurasia and his staff are great. I was nervous about my first colonoscopy, and after my consultation appointment , I felt less anxious and confident in my choice of doctor. The procedure went well , and I would highly recommend him.
in Trabuco Canyon, CA |
Dr. Chaurasia and his staff were extremely professional. This was my first procedure and I was a little nervous, but, Dr. Chaurasia provided very comprehensive overview of the treatment and assurances that I would not experience any discomfort. If you have similar concerns about a colonoscopy then don't mess around, go to Dr. Chaurasia
in Corona, CA |
DR. Chaurasia and his staff are professional yet friendly and warm. They make you feel important, cared for, and safe. All of the steps for my colonoscopy were met with surety, instilling confidence for me in their work. Hiccups along the way (my insurance didn't have my coverage updated at the first appointment) were handled easily and rescheduling was not a problem. The procedure was frightening to me, but they made it simple, easy and not a bit scary. Even though I did it on Halloween!
in RSM, CA |
Office staff are very helpful, easy to contact them. The procedure is done with patient comfort a high priority, clear explanation post procedure.
in Yorba Linda, CA |
Dr.Om is very professional and astute doctor. also he carefully explained everything to help me understand my problem . last but not least the stuffing were amazing . Thank you
in Los Angeles, CA |
Front office to my procedures to the follwup with Dr. Chaurasia, my experience was excellent. Cordial professionalism every step of the way. Highly recommended.
Laguna Woods, CA |
The clinic where they do colonoscopies was very clean. Staff friendly and professional, my nurse kept me in the loop with the process. In the procedure room again friendly and professional. Dr. Chaurasia was very kind and spoke to me to explain procedure. Lisa in the Dr's office was so sweet and helpful. Very good customer service.
in Laguna Niguel, CA |
Dr. Chaurasia and his staff are all very caring and interested in patient comfort and well being. All procedures and results are discussed and explained ... all questions answered thoroughly. I would ... and have recommended Dr. Chaurasia to friends and family.
in Trabuco Canyon, CA |
Very professional and explained everything well. He really worked to make sure I was feeling better and understood the diagnosis.
in Mission Viejo, CA |
Dr Chaurasia is caring, explains completely what will be done and what you can expect. Office staff spent a lot of time helping me get correct medication at my pharmacy. Even though I called many times they were always patient and attentive to my needs.
in Laguna Beach, CA |
I would if within my local area. Did have an initial 65 min wait for 1st apt with the Dr, almost left due to a personal full work day.
Lake Forest, CA |
Very helpful staff and Dr. Chaurasia is very thorough and caring.
in Trabuco Canyon, CA |
He is very Professional. He answers your questions and offers explanations when needed. You can feel comfortable in his care.
in San Clemente, CA |
Everything is done well by Dr. Chaurasia and his staff. Friendly, good humor, explains everything in detail. I highly recommend- I've had 2 colonoscopies and an endoscopy over a 10 year period.
in Trabuco Canyon |
I recommend Dr. Chaurasia and his staff. They were professional, knowledgeable and patient. I was given all needed information ahead of time, and all steps of the procedure itself went very smoothly.
in Rancho Santa Margarita, ca |
great staff and experience.
Rochester, NY |
Dr. Chaurasia took his time explaining the procedure, he listens and answers questions. The Office staff were awesome and the office environment were very clean. Thank you everyone for taking good care of me while I was in there.
in Ladera Ranch |
For my first colonoscopy, he made me feel at ease. He answered all my questions on a way that I understood. His staff were caring and efficient.
in Trabuco Canyon, CA |
Dr. Chaurasia is professional, knowledgeable, and kind. He has all the qualities you could ask for in a Doctor. After seeing him for many years, I can assure you that you are in good hands when you choose his office.
in Mission Viejo, CA |
Very positive. Easiest set of procedures I have had. Dr. C is very thorough.
in Lake Forest, CA |
Very informative and thorough. Great bedside manner.
in Aliso Viejo, CA |
Dr. Chaurasia runs a very professional office, The staff was courteous, polite and everyone knew their role.
in Orange Couny, CA |
I have seen Dr. Chaurasia three times over the years, including very recently for a colonoscopy. He is terrific as are all the members of his staff. They all made me feel as comfortable as possible. I would not hesitate to recommend him and his office.
in Dana Point, CA |
I appreciated that in January 2012, after performing a colonoscopy and before I went home, Dr. Chaurasia called my wife and I into his office and stated that I had colon cancer. Even though this was before the biopsy results he wanted to let us know so we could take immediate action. His statement was based on years of experience. He did not want us to wait because time was of the essence. (I was diagnosed level IIIC.) He also offered advice on what to do next. Doing this was helpful.
Irvine CA |
Staff was so nice. Doctor was very professional. Didn't feel a thing. Went smoothly
in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA |
Would definitely Recommend Dr Chaurasia, professional, friendly, informative and prompt follow up with results.
in San Clemente, CA |
This is the second time Dr. Chaurasia has seen me over the past 10 years. I have found Dr. Chaurasia to be an excellent gastroenterological practitioner. He is professional and courteous and takes time with his patients. His staff were exceptionally helpful and made it easy to get the treatment I needed.
Newport Beach, CA |
First rate from beginning to end. Highly recommended.
Have you seen Dr. Om Chaurasia, MD?

Visit Dr. Chaurasia

Prudent Buyer PPO
    Select Southern California HMO-High
  • ARTA Health Network
  • AvMed
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Beech Street (Multiplan) EPO
    Blue Shield of California PPO
    Local Access Plus HMO
  • CoreSource
    Medicare Advantage PFFS
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Medicare
    Medicare of California PPO
  • Memorial Healthcare System
    IHP Discount Card
    Integrated Health Plan (IHP)
    Integrated Health Plan (IHP) PPO