Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Oliver Korshin, MD
Dr. Korshin is a graduate of Harvard Medical School. He completed a one-year internship in internal medicine at Boston City Hospital, and a three-year residency in ophthalmology at the U.S. Public Health Service Hospital in San Francisco and at Letterman Army Medical Center in San Francisco. He is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. He is also board certified in General Preventive Medicine. Dr. Korshin served as Chief of Ophthalmology at the Alaska Native Medical Center in Anchorage through 1985, when he opened a solo private practice in Anchorage. He is a 34-year member of the Alaska State Medical Association; in 1994 the Association voted him as Alaska Physician of the Year. Dr. Korshin no longer performs major eye surgery, and does not "co-manage" (i.e., split fees) with the trusted surgeons he refers his surgical patients to, so you can rely on his unbiased second opinion if you have concerns about surgical procedures other physicians may have recommended. Dr. Korshin does not use a technician for his exams: you'll first see his nurse, who will take a history and measure your visual acuity (and your glasses, if you have any). From then on, you see only Dr. Korshin for your exam, diagnosis and care. Dr. Korshin's practice does not overbook: waiting times are usually no more than 5 or 10 minutes. The waiting room is sunny, and has a large collection of current (and vintage) magazines. Dr. Korshin is a participating physician for Medicare, Premera, Aetna and Beech Street/MultiPlan. He accepts Alaska Medicaid. He does not see Worker's Compensation cases. He also does not see children under the age of 5.

Oliver M. Korshin, M.D.

1200 Airport Heights Dr Ste 310

Anchorage, AK 99508

Dr. Oliver Korshin, MD

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Medicare
  • Premera Blue Cross

Learn about Dr. Korshin

History, history, history! That's how every good medical encounter starts.

Why are you here today? Do you have a problem with your vision? Can you describe it? Is this a new problem? What eye problems have you had in the past? What is your general health and your medications? Who is your primary physician? What do you expect from today's visit?

What is your occupation? What are your hobbies and outdoor activities? Does anyone in your family have glaucoma or macular degeneration? Where did you grow up? Have you seen other eye doctors here in Alaska? If so, do you have any medical records?

Then you talk and Dr. Korshin listens.

The eye exam follows all this. It does not come first.

Dr. Korshin's Experience

Dr. Korshin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Laser Trabeculoplasty or Iridectomy
  • Pre-Operative Evaluation
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • YAG Laser Capsulotomy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alaska.

• St. John's College, Annapolis, MD
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1963
  • HARVARD MED SCH
    Medical School | Graduated 1967
  • Boston City Hosp/Boston Univ
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1968
  • Usphs
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1982

Dr. Korshin has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Korshin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Korshin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Korshin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Korshin to family and friends
Dr. Korshin Says:

Dr. Korshin is glad to provide feedback to patient satisfaction surveys.

Dr. Korshin's Performance
in Anchorage, AK |
Dr Korshin offers intelligence, expertise, seasoning, and caring. You will not find better.
in Anchorage, AK |
I am totally pleased with Dr. Korshin. He is my hero. When I had a detached retina, my former eye doctor's office in downtown Anchorage told me they could schedule me in two weeks. When I said that I could go blind in the meantime, they said two weeks. I called Dr. Korshin's office and was scheduled for an immediate appointment from which I went to a retinal specialist and then to the hospital to have eye surgery. I don't know what I would have done without his speedy service.
in Anchorage, AK |
My husband and I have been seeing Dr. Korshin for years. He and his staff are professional and efficient. I find it easy to make an appointment with cards coming in the mail a month before the appointment is due. We appreciate the time he takes to ensure accuracy of prescriptions.
Anchorage, AK |
Dr. Korshin is professional, conscientious, and efficient. I have seeing him for years and highly recommend him.
in Anchorage, AK |
Dr. Korshin and his staff are very professional and knowledgeable and I have never had to wait to see him Highly recommend them!!!
in Wasilla, Alaska |
I always have recommended and always will recommend others to Dr. Korshin. He is very professional and astute. I am glad that he is my ophthalmologist. I also like his wife Rachel and his medical assistant Nora. They make every visit as pleasant as can be. All in all, one of the more outstanding physicians I have ever known. Scott Sterling, Wasilla, Alaska.
Anchorage, AK |
Dr. Korshin has been our ophthalmologist since I was referred to him years ago with a possible retinal detachment. My husband and I have been patients since. He is always thorough, willing to explain, and willing to consult with other specialists when needed: Once, when I had an acute allergic reaction, he referred me to, and coordinated treatment with, a specialist. I believe his alertness has helped my husband avoid damage from Glaucoma. He gets top rating.
Anchorage, AK |
Our family had been seeing Dr. Korshin for several years. He is always thorough and professional. We have always preferred to see a MD for our eye care. We highly recommend Dr. Korshin.
in Anchorage |
I’ve been a patient of Dr. Korshin’s for several years. You won’t find better care! He is a brilliant doctor and the entire office staff is exemplary.
in Anchorage, AK |
My husband recommended me Dr. Korshin as a highly proffesional specialist. He used to be his patient 30 years ago and was satisfied with his care and service. I also liked his work and his staff very much, they are friendly and caring. Dr. Korshin is the highly professional doctor, thank you!
in Soldotna, Alaska |
I've been a patient of Dr. Korshin since approximately 1993. I relocated to Fairbanks for 12 years and now have retired and relocated to the Kenai Peninsula. I've been his patient approximately 24 years and have no desire to see anyone else. He doesn't overbook appointments, he's on time, provides best care around. I highly recommend Dr. Korshin!
Anchorage, AK |
Dr. Korshin and his staff are excellent: knowledgeable, efficient, friendly, and providers of superior care. I've been a patient for years; he also diagnosed and treated my sister's eye disease. My appointments have always begun within minutes of my arrival--I barely have time to sit down in the pleasant waiting room with its beautiful plants. A nice bonus is that the eye-pressure test doesn't feel like someone's blasting my eyeballs with an air cannon--what a relief!
in Anchorage, AK |
Dr. Korshin and staff are efficient, friendly, and competent.
Anchorage, AK |
Dr. Korshin was very professional. Prompt, pleasant and knowledgable.
in Anchorage, AK |
I will recommend Dr. Korshin to family and friends. Not only does he have an eye for ophthalmology, but also for the camera. He collects the photographs of the greats and is himself an accomplished photographer. So, his approach to eyes is informed by more than just his medical education which is vast in itself. He understands the beauty that the eye can see.
in Anchorage, AK |
I have been seeing Dr. Korshin for eye exams and glasses for many years and can wholeheartedly recommend him. Kind treatment in a completely professional setting.
in Anchorage, AK |
My wife and I recently visited Dr Korshin. We were impressed with Oliver's thoroughness, knowledge and care. It was a pleasant surprise compared to other doctor visits as there was no waiting and he personally performed the entire examinations. We have to rate our visit as a 5 star experience and we will recommend Dr Korshin to others.
Anchorage, AK |
Dr Korshin and his staff are absolutely great! So efficient; so considerate; so professional; so friendly. It is a joy to relate with this office in every way. And the care is top notch. Thank you all.
in ANCHORAGE |
Dr. Korshin is a human doctor -- listens, fully responds to our questions and treats us as though we have brains and feelings. We are fortunate to be his patients. Very, very highly recommend him.
in Anchorage, AK |
I had an appointment with Dr. Korshin today Thursday 20th April. I went into the office to check in and was pleasantly surprised by two ladies in the reception area, they were exceptionally friendly and helpful . No sooner had I completed my checking in I was taken back to the examination room to have my eyes tested and a comprehensive eye examination. Dr. Korshin is a very pleasant, friendly and has an excellent bed-side manner, second to none. He explained everything he did . Well done
in Anchorage, AK |
Both Dr. Korshin and the office staff are friendly, personable and professionable. Dr. Korshin fielded all of my questions and did a thorough exam. I really like him! Apparently I fall into a rare category of myopic with FES. You'll have to ask him what that is!
Anchorage, AK |
I seldom wait any time once I arrive for an appointment. Dr. Korshin, Nora and Rachel are all personable and professional. Dr. Korshin is very well infomed, clearly explains things in detail including practical implications. Highly recommend him.
in Anchorage, AK |
My husband and I are both patients of Dr. Korshin and have been for many years. He and his staff are very professional, courteous, and prompt. We both have utmost confidence in Dr. Korshin's ability and enjoy our visits to his office. He is always willing to talk in detail if there are any questions that we may have. We thoroughly recommend him.
in Anchorage, AK |
I have seen Dr. Korshin for over 10 years and have found his care to be outstanding. He carefully monitors my conditions and treats them with minimal necessary interventions, all successfully. He and his staff are friendly, caring and efficient. I would certainly recommend him for your eye care.
in Anchorage, AK |
In contrast to many "health care providers" Dr. Korshin is a real physician. He listens! He makes eye contact! He asks questions for information and clarification! He speaks to teach and/or respond! Then he makes a note using a real pen! And at the next visit, he remembers! Not an iPad in sight! That is a real doctor practicing real medicine.
in Anchorage, AK |
I'm a new patient of Dr. Korshin's having been referred by my brother. I've returned to Anchorage after a long absence and was in need of a great doctor and an appointment. Dr. Korshin was easy to schedule with and very thorough in the exam. I learned something new about my eyes that no other ophthalmologist has told me. I feel very comfortable in his care. His location is easy to get to with plenty of free parking.
in Anchorage, AK |
It was easy to schedule an appointment; the staff were friendly; I did not have to wait long; Offices were clean and bright. The nurse and Dr. Korshin both listened to my concerns; explained what they were doing and why. Dr. Korshin described what treatments were available for my issues and reassured me about decisions I might make. I found my first visit very satisfying
Wonderful doctor. Very personable. Knows what he is doing. Went to see him because of a problem with an optometrist writing on an exam making it sound like I was lying to her about a surgery I didn't have. Almost cost me my job. He definitely saw that I wasn't lying after the exam. My advice is if you have an eye problem go to Dr Korshin or an othamologist instead of and optometrist. That is just my opinion.
in Anchorage, AK |
Dr Korshin is a very caring ophthalmologist. His manner and attention to your needs are exemplary. He makes you want to just stay and visit with him after your eye appointment is over. Of all the doctors I have been to in my sixty-plus years, he has to be one of the top physicians I have ever had the pleasure of visiting. I give him my highest recommendation. When he is with you, you feel like his only patient.
in Chugiak, AK |
Great Doctor! He was very thorough and had a very pleasant bedside manner. His staff was very kind and welcoming. I have already recommended that my husband switches from his current eye doctor to Dr. Korshin. Thankfully, I have excellent eyesight, so I won't need another exam for a couple of years, but I look forward to going back again.
in Anchorage, AK |
Dr Korshin provides excellent service. He takes time with his patients and explains his findings; treatment plan in a very friendly and confident manner. His professionalism extends through his efficient office staff. I would recommend his services to family and friends without hesitation.
in Anchorage, AK |
Dr. Oliver Korshin, M.D., general ophthalmology, has been my eye care specialist for 20 years. His office staff, Rachel and Nora, have been extremely courteous, helpful, and efficient. With their help, my simple needs and more difficult extended eye care, has been attended to with excellent results. All insurance paperwork was completed by the staff for me. This was a wonderful help and greatly appreciated. Dr. Korshin is a skilled practitioner. He greets patients with a smile and a dia
in Anchorage, AK |
Dr. Korshin is an excellent and compassionate doctor who has helped my family and myself meet our basic and sometimes more complicated eye care needs. When someone needs a referral for a more complicated issue than he can serve in his office he is happy to provide the best referrals. He and his staff are outstanding providers and I highly recommend them.
in Anchorage, AK |
Excellent competent service. A seamless visit.
in Anchorage, AK |
Dr. Korshin even came in on his day off to recheck my eyes!
in Anchorage, AK |
My husband and I have known Dr. Korshin for over 20 years and have been very pleased with his services. We wouldn't consider going anywhere else for our eye care and have recommended him to many of our friends and family.
in Seattle, WA |
Five years ago I moved from Anchorage to Seattle. Dr. Korshin had been my ophthalmologist in Anchorage and he still is: my job brings me back to Anchorage several times a year. It is actually more convenient to see Dr. Korshin in Anchorage than waiting two or three months for a routine appointment in the Seattle area. Great staff, vintage 1940's and 1950's magazines in the waiting room.
Anchorage, AK |
Explained things well; made sure I understood. Asked if I had more questions.
Anchorage, AK |
Dr. Korshin is extremely thorough even with a simple eye prescription. He found some birth marks in my eye which we'll keep an eye on from now on.
in Anchorage, AK |
I've been a patient of Dr. Korshin for over ten years and have had excellent service from him. His office is managed in an efficient and professional manner. I have found Dr. Korshin confident and competent in my treatment. I highly recommend his service to friends and family.
in Eagle River, AK |
Dr. Korshin and his staff are absolutely lovely. They are all very kind and caring. I would recommend them to anyone!
in Anchorage, AK |
Dr. Korshin has been my doctor for several years and I have always found him to be prompt, courteous and caring. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Anchorage, AK |
He is professional, smart and kind. I'm having problems with one eye and he's willing to pursue it until we figure it out.
Matawan, NJ |
I was on vacation in Anchorage and had an eye emergency. Dr. Korshin's office got me in the same day. I waited five minutes to see him, and had to return twice over the next week. Very pleased with the doctor and the staff.
in Anchorage, AK |
Dr. Korshin is a pleasure to visit. His office is stocked with the most interesting art and reading material, but you don't get much time to peruse because Dr. Korshin doesn't keep you waiting long. He respects your time. He is patient and truly listens to your questions and concerns. He won't rush through your appointment and provides clear explanations. His small staff is pleasant and accommodating. I recommend Dr. Korshin to anyone needing general eye care.
Have you seen Dr. Oliver Korshin, MD?
Are you Dr. Korshin?

Visit Dr. Korshin

Dr. Korshin accepts 7 insurance carriers
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Medicare