Dr. Oliver Korshin, MD

Dr. Oliver Korshin, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

KORSHIN OLIVER MD 1200 Airport Heights Dr Ste 310, Anchorage, AK 99508 Get Directions

History, history, history! That's how every good medical encounter starts. Why are you here today? Is this a new eye problem? What eye problems have you had in the past?. What is your general health and your medications? What do you expect from today's visit? Do you work? What is your occupation? What are your hobbies? The eye exam follows all this. It does not come first.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Korshin's Experience

See how Dr. Korshin's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Korshin

Dr. Korshin accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Korshin has admitting privileges.

Dr. Korshin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Korshin to family and friends
Dr. Korshin Says:

Dr. Korshin is glad to provide feedback to patient satisfaction surveys.

Dr. Korshin's Performance
in Anchorage, AK |
I had an appointment with Dr. Korshin today Thursday 20th April. I went into the office to check in and was pleasantly surprised by two ladies in the reception area, they were exceptionally friendly and helpful . No sooner had I completed my checking in I was taken back to the examination room to have my eyes tested and a comprehensive eye examination. Dr. Korshin is a very pleasant, friendly and has an excellent bed-side manner, second to none. He explained everything he did . Well done
in Anchorage, AK |
Both Dr. Korshin and the office staff are friendly, personable and professionable. Dr. Korshin fielded all of my questions and did a thorough exam. I really like him! Apparently I fall into a rare category of myopic with FES. You'll have to ask him what that is!
Anchorage, AK |
I seldom wait any time once I arrive for an appointment. Dr. Korshin, Nora and Rachel are all personable and professional. Dr. Korshin is very well infomed, clearly explains things in detail including practical implications. Highly recommend him.
in Anchorage, AK |
My husband and I are both patients of Dr. Korshin and have been for many years. He and his staff are very professional, courteous, and prompt. We both have utmost confidence in Dr. Korshin's ability and enjoy our visits to his office. He is always willing to talk in detail if there are any questions that we may have. We thoroughly recommend him.
in Anchorage, AK |
I have seen Dr. Korshin for over 10 years and have found his care to be outstanding. He carefully monitors my conditions and treats them with minimal necessary interventions, all successfully. He and his staff are friendly, caring and efficient. I would certainly recommend him for your eye care.
in Anchorage, AK |
In contrast to many "health care providers" Dr. Korshin is a real physician. He listens! He makes eye contact! He asks questions for information and clarification! He speaks to teach and/or respond! Then he makes a note using a real pen! And at the next visit, he remembers! Not an iPad in sight! That is a real doctor practicing real medicine.
in Anchorage, AK |
I'm a new patient of Dr. Korshin's having been referred by my brother. I've returned to Anchorage after a long absence and was in need of a great doctor and an appointment. Dr. Korshin was easy to schedule with and very thorough in the exam. I learned something new about my eyes that no other ophthalmologist has told me. I feel very comfortable in his care. His location is easy to get to with plenty of free parking.
in Anchorage, AK |
It was easy to schedule an appointment; the staff were friendly; I did not have to wait long; Offices were clean and bright. The nurse and Dr. Korshin both listened to my concerns; explained what they were doing and why. Dr. Korshin described what treatments were available for my issues and reassured me about decisions I might make. I found my first visit very satisfying
in Anchorage, AK |
We were unhappy with previous doctors that had treated us and searched the internet for a replacement and selected Dr. Korshin based on the multiple high reveues posted by other patients. This is a three person office and examinations and treatment are performed by Dr. Korshin not by a PA or other personnel of unknown qualifications. He was very detailed and thourogh and spent the time was needed to diagnois and treat our double vision.
Wonderful doctor. Very personable. Knows what he is doing. Went to see him because of a problem with an optometrist writing on an exam making it sound like I was lying to her about a surgery I didn't have. Almost cost me my job. He definitely saw that I wasn't lying after the exam. My advice is if you have an eye problem go to Dr Korshin or an othamologist instead of and optometrist. That is just my opinion.
in Anchorage, AK |
Dr Korshin is a very caring ophthalmologist. His manner and attention to your needs are exemplary. He makes you want to just stay and visit with him after your eye appointment is over. Of all the doctors I have been to in my sixty-plus years, he has to be one of the top physicians I have ever had the pleasure of visiting. I give him my highest recommendation. When he is with you, you feel like his only patient.
in Chugiak, AK |
Great Doctor! He was very thorough and had a very pleasant bedside manner. His staff was very kind and welcoming. I have already recommended that my husband switches from his current eye doctor to Dr. Korshin. Thankfully, I have excellent eyesight, so I won't need another exam for a couple of years, but I look forward to going back again.
in Anchorage, AK |
Dr Korshin provides excellent service. He takes time with his patients and explains his findings; treatment plan in a very friendly and confident manner. His professionalism extends through his efficient office staff. I would recommend his services to family and friends without hesitation.
in Anchorage, AK |
Dr. Oliver Korshin, M.D., general ophthalmology, has been my eye care specialist for 20 years. His office staff, Rachel and Nora, have been extremely courteous, helpful, and efficient. With their help, my simple needs and more difficult extended eye care, has been attended to with excellent results. All insurance paperwork was completed by the staff for me. This was a wonderful help and greatly appreciated. Dr. Korshin is a skilled practitioner. He greets patients with a smile and a dia
in Anchorage, AK |
Dr. Korshin is an excellent and compassionate doctor who has helped my family and myself meet our basic and sometimes more complicated eye care needs. When someone needs a referral for a more complicated issue than he can serve in his office he is happy to provide the best referrals. He and his staff are outstanding providers and I highly recommend them.
in Anchorage, AK |
Excellent competent service. A seamless visit.
in Anchorage, AK |
Dr. Korshin even came in on his day off to recheck my eyes!
in Anchorage, AK |
My husband and I have known Dr. Korshin for over 20 years and have been very pleased with his services. We wouldn't consider going anywhere else for our eye care and have recommended him to many of our friends and family.
in Seattle, WA |
Five years ago I moved from Anchorage to Seattle. Dr. Korshin had been my ophthalmologist in Anchorage and he still is: my job brings me back to Anchorage several times a year. It is actually more convenient to see Dr. Korshin in Anchorage than waiting two or three months for a routine appointment in the Seattle area. Great staff, vintage 1940's and 1950's magazines in the waiting room.
Anchorage, AK |
Explained things well; made sure I understood. Asked if I had more questions.
Anchorage, AK |
Dr. Korshin is extremely thorough even with a simple eye prescription. He found some birth marks in my eye which we'll keep an eye on from now on.
in Anchorage, AK |
I've been a patient of Dr. Korshin for over ten years and have had excellent service from him. His office is managed in an efficient and professional manner. I have found Dr. Korshin confident and competent in my treatment. I highly recommend his service to friends and family.
in Eagle River, AK |
Dr. Korshin and his staff are absolutely lovely. They are all very kind and caring. I would recommend them to anyone!
in Anchorage, AK |
Dr. Korshin has been my doctor for several years and I have always found him to be prompt, courteous and caring. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Anchorage, AK |
He is professional, smart and kind. I'm having problems with one eye and he's willing to pursue it until we figure it out.
Matawan, NJ |
I was on vacation in Anchorage and had an eye emergency. Dr. Korshin's office got me in the same day. I waited five minutes to see him, and had to return twice over the next week. Very pleased with the doctor and the staff.
in Anchorage, AK |
Dr. Korshin is a pleasure to visit. His office is stocked with the most interesting art and reading material, but you don't get much time to peruse because Dr. Korshin doesn't keep you waiting long. He respects your time. He is patient and truly listens to your questions and concerns. He won't rush through your appointment and provides clear explanations. His small staff is pleasant and accommodating. I recommend Dr. Korshin to anyone needing general eye care.
Have you seen Dr. Oliver Korshin, MD?
Are you Dr. Korshin?

Compare Dr. Korshin

Dr. Korshin says...

Dr. Korshin is a graduate of Harvard Medical School. He completed a one-year internship in internal medicine at Boston City Hospital, and a three-year residency in ophthalmology at the U.S. Public Health Service Hospital in San Francisco and at Letterman Army Medical Center in San Francisco. He is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. He is also board certified in General Preventive Medicine.

Dr. Korshin served as Chief of Ophthalmology at the Alaska Native Medical Center in Anchorage through 1985, when he opened a solo private practice in Anchorage.

He is a 34-year member of the Alaska State Medical Association; in 1994 the Association voted him as Physician of the Year.

Dr. Korshin does not use a technician for his exams: you'll first see his nurse, who will take a history and measure your visual acuity (and your glasses, if you have any). From then on, you see only Dr. Korshin for your exam, diagnosis and care.

Dr. Korshin's practice does not overbook: waiting times are usually no more than 5 or 10 minutes. The waiting room is sunny, and has a large collection of current (and vintage) magazines.

Dr. Korshin is a participating physician for Medicare, Premera, Aetna and Beech Street/MultiPlan. He accepts Alaska Medicaid. He does not see Worker's Compensation cases. He also does not see children under the age of 5.

Dr. Korshin's Care Philosophy

History, history, history! That's how every good medical encounter starts.

Do you work? What is your occupation? What are your hobbies?

The eye exam follows all this. It does not come first.

Dr. Korshin says...

Dr. Korshin has decades of experience in diagnosing and treating a broad spectrum of eye conditions and diseases.

If Dr. Korshin finds a problem that requires the care of an ophthalmic sub-specialist (for example, retina, neuro-ophthalmology, glaucoma, etc.), he will arrange a referral for you, usually making sure you have an appointment before you leave the office. He'll work closely with your primary provider.

Dr. Korshin does not run an optical shop (that is, he does not sell glasses or contact lenses): he will refer you, with your eyeglasses prescription, to trusted and capable independent opticians for your eyeglasses needs.

Dr. Korshin does not see infants or toddlers in his practice, nor does he see Workman's Compensation cases.

Most insurance is accepted; Dr. Korshin is a participating physician for Medicare, Aetna, Premera/Blue Cross, Beech Street/MultiPlan and accepts new Alaska Medicaid patients.

Dr. Korshin speaks Spanish, and has many Spanish-speaking patients.

Dr. Korshin says...

There is nothing unique (nor should there be!) about the procedures Dr. Korshin performs, as they all conform to current standards of practice.

Dr. Korshin says...

Dr. Korshin is glad to provide feedback to patient satisfaction surveys.

Dr. Korshin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in General Preventive Medicine and Ophthalmology
  •  Malpractice claims in Alaska not available

Dr. Korshin has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alaska.

Why It Matters: Dr. Korshin's Board Certifications

Usphs

Completed in 1982

St. John's College, Annapolis, MD

Graduated in 1963

Dr. Korshin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Korshin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology