Dr. Olga Frankfurt, MD

HematologyFemaleAge 51

Telehealth services available

New Patient

Current Patient

Dr. Olga Frankfurt, MD is a Hematology Specialist in Chicago, IL. Dr. Frankfurt has more experience with Blood Cancers than other specialists in her area. She is affiliated with Northwestern Memorial Hospital. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Frankfurt to book an appointment.

Northwestern Medical Group

New Patient?
Patient Booking Open
Our after hours patient concierge is open and ready to help you get started.
Northwestern Medicine Developmental Therapeutics Institute233 E Superior St Fl 1 Chicago, IL 60611
Northwestern Medical Group675 N Saint Clair St Ste 21-100 Chicago, IL 60611

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Frankfurt is affiliated with Northwestern Memorial Hospital Chicago, a highly rated hospital.

• Practices at Top Hospital Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

More Hematology Specialists at Northwestern Medical Group

Dr. Frankfurt's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Frankfurt

Dr. Frankfurt

Although Dr. Frankfurt is not my husband's doctor, she became his doctor by chance for one very important night when he was faced with an urgent situation after developing shingles of the eye shortly after being discharged after brain surgery. We were unable to reach my husband's oncologist and by mistake the answering service called Dr. Frankfurt. Although they called the wrong doctor, Dr. Frankfurt still responded to the after-hours call. Once I explained the urgent situation to her she told me she would try to help and promised to call me back if we were unable to reach my husband's oncologist. True to her word, Dr. Frankfurt called me back, was able to properly diagnose my husband's issue and prescribed medication and sent the prescription to our nearby pharmacy. I think she may have saved my husband's eyesight with her quick actions and will be forever grateful. She is truly a caring doctor who went above and beyond for us in our time of need. She is one of a kind!
Nicole-Marie Kallow – Aug 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Olga Frankfurt, MD?
Dr. Frankfurt is one of a kind. She goes beyond caring, she becomes part of your life. I was diagnosed with AML in July 2018 and began seeing Dr. Frankfurt for treatment and Stem Cell Transplant in December 2018. It’s been a long road to get to remission and a lot of hard work by her and her staff, but she never gives up on you, and believe me I almost didn’t make it. If you are looking for a Doctor that will give you all the possible help available there is, then you have found the right one. You love her from the moment you meet! I did and I’m so glad she is my Doctor. I would recommend her to anyone.
Ralph Reinholtz – Apr 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Olga Frankfurt, MD?
I was referred by DrJason Kaplan of Northshore University Healthsystem who treated me when I was diagnosed with AML in 2019 . He referred me to Dr. Frankfurt for stem cell transplant. I would say next to God I owe her and Dr Jason Kaplan my life. Dr Frankfurt is very caring and compassionate as a person and I am very fortunate to have a doctor who is very knowledgeable and kind.
  • Long wait times
Lucina Hernandez – Dec 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Olga Frankfurt, MD?
I was diagnosed with cancer when i was pregnant my baby is 1year and 2months . I trust her so much even when i was told to try somewhere else. I love her because I know she wants me to get better so i can be with my children. I wish I knew what kind of gift I could give her to show her how much i thank her for being patient with me because I cry a lot I had a few scares during treatment inpatient and outpatient. Its not easy fighting cancer but im still here and fighting this bodyInvaison.
Natalia in chicago, IL – Feb 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Olga Frankfurt, MD?
I began seeing Dr. Frankfurt when it was time for me to have a stem cell transplant for leukemia.My husband and I both love her. A transplant is very scary, but I knew I had her on my side to fight for me. She is a mother, which for me was helpful when I had fear and anxiety about being away from my kids. She listens to me and answers my questions and concerns.She is always available to help.She lets you 'live', but tells you how to be safe. She doesn't stifle you. I am so thankful to have her!
Heather in Wheeling – Nov 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Olga Frankfurt, MD?
I have previously written a review and am writing another for 2 reasons. First, I overlooked the rating of staff and office: and second because I read the reviw poste before mine. When I said Olga owns the room what I was referring to was her no nonsense approach to medicine and her patients. Olga cares about her patients and their families and we will attest to that. Olga is the reason I am still on this side of the grass!
Marvin Luckman in Chicago, IL – Jul 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Olga Frankfurt, MD?
I filed a complaint concerning the poor communication received from Dr. Frankfurt and her team. Instead of using that information as an opportunity to improve, Dr. Frankfurt called my mother, who has been diagnosed with leukemia, and said, What's with all this drama. Our first clinic visit was equally rude. Dr. Frankfurt entered the room and said, Who wrote the angry email. Since then, my mother requested no contact with Dr. Frankfurt and we're currently looking for another hospital.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Teressa Payton in Chicago, IL – Feb 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Olga Frankfurt, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Frankfurt?

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Frequently Treated by Dr. Frankfurt

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Frankfurt treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Frankfurt treats other conditions, please contact the office at (855) 826-6384.

Blood Cancers

Blood cancer specialists diagnose and treat cancers such as leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma that affect the blood cells, bone marrow, or lymphatic system.Compare with other Blood Cancers specialists.

Dr. Frankfurt is experienced in the area of Blood Cancers. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 19 conditions and procedures

• Bleeding Disorders
  • Bone Marrow Biopsy
  • Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
  • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Erythropoietin Test
  • Hemophilia
  • HPC Transplantation (Stem Cell Transplant)
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Leukocytosis
  • Thrombocytosis
  • Venous Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Vitamin B Deficiency

Dr. Frankfurt accepts

Dr. Frankfurt accepts the following insurance:

Aetna POS
UniCare PPO
Choice
Choice Plus
Select HMO

"Better people means better experiences. Our care team is committed to delivering results that change lives."

• Hematology