Dr. Olasimbo Babatope, MD

Dr. Olasimbo Babatope, MD

Psychiatry  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Olasimbo Babatope, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Augusta, GA and has been practicing for 14 years. She graduated from University Of Ibadan, College Of Medicine in 1989 and specializes in psychiatry, addiction psychiatry, and more.Read her story

1223 Augusta West Pkwy

Augusta, GA 30909

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia

Learn about Dr. Babatope

See how frequently Dr. Babatope performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Anxiety
Psychiatric Evaluation
Psychiatric Diseases

Dr. Babatope's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Babatope's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Babatope "Dr. Babatope's compassion and desire to help individuals led her to the medical profession. She attended the University of Ibadan College of Medicine in Nigeria, West Africa. She pursued her residency training in Psychiatry at Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, and completed her fellowship at the prestigious Emory University Hospital Atlanta, GA. She has also earned a Fellow status at American Psychiatric Association.She is a board certified psychiatrist. Dr. Babatope has worked in different outpatient and inpatient facilities treating all age groups. Among these facilities were the Fulton County Mental Health centers, Wellstar Hospital, Recovery Solutions, and many more. She has treated all kinds of psychiatric disorders. She brings broad experience, clear communication, compassion, collaboration, and attention to an individual's unique concerns in order to improve the lives of her patients. She looks forward to helping you achieve a balanced, productive, and meaningful life in the community!"

This content was provided by Dr. Babatope "We believe in recovery from mental illness that goes beyond the absence of symptoms, and we will work with you to establish and maintain your recovery journey. Our ultimate goal is to help you regain a rich, rewarding, and meaningful life in our community. Our skilled and seasoned staff members welcome the opportunity to help empower you to become a happier and healthier you. Our therapeutic interventions are done through education, counseling, and medication management."

• Psychiatry

• Counseling Services
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Medication Management
  • Other Psychiatric Medication Therapy (Inpatient Only)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychological Testing
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• University Of Ibadan, College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • Grady Meml Hospital More House School Med
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2000
  • More House School Med Grady Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2003
  • Emory University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2004

Dr. Babatope has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Babatope does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Babatope and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Babatope's Reviews

3.7
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Babatope to family and friends

Dr. Babatope's Performance

During the initial appointment, a urine specimen was taken. Although the provider is in-network, the urine test came back as out-of-network, from a lab I've never heard of. The doctor's office swears that they perform the urine analysis in-house and that it's $35 (the bill from the lab, which was...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
My time with Dr. Babatope was traumatizing and has made me fear seeking help.I went in for my check up appointment after being prescribed what seemed to be too high of a dose of anti-depressant medication. I just wanted a different medicine; when I arrived all she did was ask me a few vague...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
While Dr. Babatope herself seems like a wonderful woman, her staff is incompetent. When I asked to speak with the office manager, she was apparently too busy to speak with a patient.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0

Hi Brittany. I am extremely sorry to hear about your experience. But please trust us, this is not a usual occurrence in our business. Please contact us on (706) 410-1202. We want to address all your concerns and see that something like this never happens again. Hope you will give us a chance to make things right.

Dr, Babatope’s PA is who my son sees, and she is very nice. But the front office staff is a completely different story. They are disorganized, rude, and disrespectful. They clearly should not have a job we’re they have to interact with the general public.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0

Hi Mary - Thank You for bringing this situation to my attention. Firstly, I will like to offer our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience we may have caused you. Feel free to call me if I can be of help.

Will not fill meds if you have to reschedule apt. She would rather have her psyc patient com off there meds cold turkey. This is DANGEROUS to do. These types of meds can have horrible consequences when not tapered off. I do not trust her. I feel as if she doesn't get you in and your money she...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0