Dr. Olasimbo Babatope, MD

Psychiatry ·  Female · Age 58

Dr. Babatope

Pysch Consultants

1223 Augusta West Pkwy Augusta, GA 30909

Dr. Olasimbo Babatope, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Augusta, GA and has been practicing for 15 years. She graduated from University Of Ibadan, College Of Medicine in 1989 and specializes in psychiatry, addiction psychiatry, and more.

Dr. Babatope accepts

Dr. Babatope accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
Blue Choice HMO
Blue Choice Option POS
Blue Open Access POS
Direct Access w/HSA

No malpractice claims found for Georgia

Check Dr. Babatope's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Babatope's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • ADHD Testing
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Other Psychiatric Medication Therapy (Inpatient Only)
  • Paranoid Personality Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Somatoform Disorders
  • Stress Management
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)
  • Voyeurism

We believe in recovery from mental illness that goes beyond the absence of symptoms, and we will work with you to establish and maintain your recovery journey. Our ultimate goal is to help you regain a rich, rewarding, and meaningful life in our comm...

• Psychiatry

3.7

Dr. Babatope?
Dr. Babatope's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Olasimbo Babatope, MD
Horrible place! Charged me for treatment that I did not get. Would not turn over my medical records to another doctor when I transferred. When I was in distress, Drs. did not follow up with my repeated calls or messages. I was terribly sick and in the mist of severe withdrawals and psychosis. Not one Dr. Called me back. Made the assumption that I was drug seeking when I was searching for help! I am absolutely happy that the Drs. at Augusta Behavioral Health realized my problem and addressed my a
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Olasimbo Babatope, MD?
During the initial appointment, a urine specimen was taken. Although the provider is in-network, the urine test came back as out-of-network, from a lab I've never heard of. The doctor's office swears that they perform the urine analysis in-house and that it's $35 (the bill from the lab, which was not covered, came back at $365). However, the referring doc on the lab invoice was Dr. Babatope, so it's clear she sent it to an out-of-network lab without informing me--irresponsible if not unethical.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Olasimbo Babatope, MD?
My time with Dr. Babatope was traumatizing and has made me fear seeking help.I went in for my check up appointment after being prescribed what seemed to be too high of a dose of anti-depressant medication. I just wanted a different medicine; when I arrived all she did was ask me a few vague ?'s.This led to her sending me to the waiting room where i was shortly surrounded by 3 officers and was later committed to a psych ward against nurse recommendation.I felt like a prisoner not a patient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Olasimbo Babatope, MD?
While Dr. Babatope herself seems like a wonderful woman, her staff is incompetent. When I asked to speak with the office manager, she was apparently too busy to speak with a patient.
Hi Brittany. I am extremely sorry to hear about...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Olasimbo Babatope, MD?
Dr, Babatope’s PA is who my son sees, and she is very nice. But the front office staff is a completely different story. They are disorganized, rude, and disrespectful. They clearly should not have a job we’re they have to interact with the general public.
Hi Mary - Thank You for bringing this situation...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Olasimbo Babatope, MD?
Will not fill meds if you have to reschedule apt. She would rather have her psyc patient com off there meds cold turkey. This is DANGEROUS to do. These types of meds can have horrible consequences when not tapered off. I do not trust her. I feel as if she doesn't get you in and your money she doesn't care about your health.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Olasimbo Babatope, MD?
Rude experiences with her always. She does not care about the patient personally, asks far too few questions on symptoms. Shameful atmosphere in her office did not make me want to come back. She told me to taper off Zoloft too quickly, am suffering horrible withdrawal. She sucks. Don't come here.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Olasimbo Babatope, MD?
Dr. Barbetope has helped me more than I can say to my biggest power. I have been dealing with ptsd, bi polar type 2 GAD. also agoraphobia. I have in my lifetime been in 5 treatment centers for depression of thoughts of suicide..i also have seen over 5 of the best psychiatrist monies can buy...Im new to this county and look her up on web.she is not only one of the most considerate doctors I've ever had she has a real passion for her patients..Dr Barbatope is a great doc n staff..
Hi Toinetta, Thank you for taking the time to...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Olasimbo Babatope, MD?
Dr. Babatope is not responsive. I called her all weekend on the after hours line and she did not respond. Her practitioner responded 6 hours later. Being new to mental illness, I needed advise and she did not get back to me. I ended up not reading properly that my son needed to go to the hospital. His life is negatively impacted forever based on not getting the tinept help. She saw him 5 days prior and did not pick up on him needing help. Also, her office wait times are over an hour!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Olasimbo Babatope, MD?
Dr. Babatope helped me overcome a period of time where I went through severe depression. She and her counselor Ms. Brooks (no longer available at her practice) were both very helpful, understanding and non- judgmental. They offered sound advice and she knows how to prescribe medication that will help, not hurt. She is a great physician and a caring Christian who takes care of her patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Olasimbo Babatope, MD?
Most of the time I don't even see the doctor. I see her assistant. When I do see the doc it is less than 15min and she is blunt and mechanical. Short visits might be nice for some people, but not If you have to wait 1-2 hours each and every time you come like I am forced to do. I even talked to the staff to see if I can come at a better time. It does not help. 25% of the staff get a C or better 75% of the staff earn a D-F rating. They have messed up, billing, appointments, you name it. Goodluck
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Olasimbo Babatope, MD?
Dr Babatope and her staff are incredible professionals. They are exactly what you are looking for in a provider! Clean environment. Perfect! Will recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Olasimbo Babatope, MD?
My insurance recently changed and I am upset I have to leave her care. I have seen her about 1.5 years, as does my husband, and we both love her. She has helped me with several issues and cares what happens to us.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Olasimbo Babatope, MD?
Works with you to make the experience easier.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Olasimbo Babatope, MD?
My college-aged daughter visited this office at the recommendation of a therapist she was seeing. From the moment she walked in, she was treated rudely--receptionist, nurse (or whoever gets the preliminary information), and Dr. Babatope. Dr. Babatope didn't even listen to her--just typed on her computer. When my daughter tried to talk about something she has been thinking about, Dr. Babatope rudely said, "We don't do that here". Please be kinder to mental health patients...and smile.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Olasimbo Babatope, MD?
Dr. Babatope is great and I love the family feel of the office.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Olasimbo Babatope, MD?
Have been very pleased so far with treatment at Psych Consultants. Staff is great and the PA and physician are caring and attentive. I enjoy group treatment. Very accessible and easy to work with.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Olasimbo Babatope, MD?
Where should I start? Every time I have visited this office I've waited for over an hour or experienced some type of confusion. Dr. B. barely speaks and just types on her laptop. The worst is the office staff. After being prescribed a different medication, the staff informed me my insurance had dropped me (what?) but they would (hesitantly) try to resolve the problem. It is now 4 unreturned voice mails and 3 days later, and NOTHING. The lack of professionalism & care here is extremely disturbing
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Olasimbo Babatope, MD?
The workers at the doctor's office are very nice. I was able to see the doctor within 5 mins. Thanks
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Olasimbo Babatope, MD?
I was desperate to find a doctor and got an appointment rather easily. She worked with me on my meds, but eventually had me on such high doses, I could barely function. She doesn't listen to her patients. Once she's made up her mind, you're doomed. Kept changing her mind about my ability to work, etc. and I nearly lost my job. Dose not return phone calls or follow through. After requesting my records, she dropped me as a patient without notice, my meds, or a note to return to work.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Babatope?