Dr. Nuzhat Chalisa, MD

Dr. Nuzhat Chalisa, MD

Endocrinology  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Nuzhat Chalisa, MD is an endocrinology specialist in Channahon, IL and has been practicing for 13 years. She graduated from Karachi Medical and Dental College, University Of Karachi in 1993 and specializes in endocrinology.Read her story

25259 S Reed St

Channahon, IL 60410

• Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • CoreSource
  • Coventry Health Care of Illinois

Learn about Dr. Chalisa

See how frequently Dr. Chalisa performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Diabetes With Renal Manifestations
Diabetic Ketoacidosis
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
high

Dr. Chalisa's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Chalisa's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Chalisa "As an endocrinologist, I provide diagnosis and treatment of diabetes, thyroid disorders, osteoporosis, obesity and pituitary problems. I completed my residency at Loyola University Medical Center and a fellowship in endocrinology at Rosalind & Franklin University of Health Sciences/Chicago Medical School. I am board certified in internal medicine and endocrinology. A resident of Naperville, I am married and have two children. I enjoy traveling and interior decorating. I am fluent in English, Urdu, Hindi, and Gujrati. I see patients at the Channahon Healthcare Center of Morris Hospital."

This content was provided by Dr. Chalisa "I believe in the principle of "Act on Diabetes Now," which provides a multi-systemic approach to the promotion of diabetes education as a core component of diabetes care. I am committed to providing excellence in the care of diabetes and other endocrine disorders."

• Endocrinology

• Exercise Counseling
  • Hormone Replacement Therapy
  • Insulin Pump Therapy
  • Nutritional Counseling

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• St. Lawrence College
  • Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science / Chicago Medical School
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005
  • Fellow of American College of Endocrinology
    Other Education | Completed 2015

Dr. Chalisa has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Chalisa does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chalisa and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Chalisa's Reviews

2.8
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chalisa to family and friends

Dr. Chalisa's Performance

GOOD

She has taken on more than she can handle. I had my thyroid removed months ago and cant even get an appt with her even after calling with great concern. I had my first number draw and had to call twice just to get them to look at it. Before surgery I called 4 days in advance just to get a...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I take Armour for Hashimoto's. She said it's a voodoo drug, been around 100 years and is bad. She said I had to take Synthroid as there are no side effects - the side effects I experience are from something else. She would not listen to me. She said you have to go by the numbers, not how you...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option1
didnt treat my disease right and caused further health problems. She dont listen. I fired her and found a new doctor. one size fits all treatments dont work on everyone.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option5thumbs down icon option2
I went to her after being diagnosed with hashimotos thyroiditis. SHe perscribed levothyroxine which caused my symptoms to become 10 times worse. I told her how it was causing severe depression and other bad side effects I didn't have when I didnt take the medicine. she said my tsh numbers were...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option2