Dr. Nsikak Umoh, MD

Dr. Nsikak Umoh, MD

Colon & Rectal Surgery  |
Dr Umoh is double board certified in colorectal surgery and general surgery. He is highly skilled and experienced in the management of all aspects of colon and rectal surgery including benign and malignant diseases of the small bowel, colon, rectum and anus. In addition, Dr Umoh also treats some general surgical diseases particularly abdominal hernias and gallbladder disorders. Dr Umoh has authored several publications in respectable peer-reviewed journals. He has also presented research findings at both national and international conferences some of which include American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons Meeting and the World Cancer Congress.

920 Medical Plaza Dr Ste 330

Shenandoah, TX 77380

Learn about Dr. Umoh

See how frequently Dr. Umoh performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
Colon and Rectal Surgery
Fistulectomy or Fistulotomy, Anal

Dr. Umoh's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Umoh "Our practice focuses mainly on evaluation and management of colon, rectal and anal diseases. However, in addition to colorectal care, our team also manages some routine general surgical diseases particularly abdominal hernia and gallbladder diseases.

The goal of our practice is to provide you with comprehensive colon and rectal care of the highest quality. To achieve this we ensure the following:

• expert and excellent surgical care
  • use of innovative, evidence based treatment options
  • personalized, patient centered care
  • use of recent technological advances

We know that whether you or your family are going through a colorectal illness, it can be daunting. We at The Woodlands Colon and Rectal Associates recognize this and will help manage and treat you in a kind, friendly and compassionate environment."

• Colon & Rectal Surgery

• Appendectomy, Open
  • Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Fistulectomy or Fistulotomy, Anal
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Hernia Repair
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Sphincterotomy

• Georgia Colon and Rectal Surg Assoc
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School Of Public Health
    Other Education | Completed 2006

Dr. Umoh has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Umoh does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Umoh and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Umoh's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Umoh to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Umoh's Performance
Houston, TX |
Dr. Umoh provided quality care and has a wonderful bedside manner.
in Tomball, TX |
Great experience considering I was in extreme pain and looking for help when I made the appointment. Dr. Umoh and his nurse Elizabeth went out of their way to make me comfortable and to preserve for me at least a shred of dignity (given the area they were working on, if you get my drift). The procedure performed in the office gave me near instant relief, relatively speaking, and healed well. They followed up the next day to check on me and were available to answer questions by phone.
Montgomery, TX |
Dr Umoh is an awesome surgeon. He took care of my hemorrhoids. No more pain from hemorrhoids! He is highly recommended.
in Houston, TX |
He preformed MAJOR surgery on my Dad then left the practice. We had to see his old partner who thankfully was a great doctor, but he was unprofessional just to leave like that. He could care less about his patients, and didn't even let anyone know where he was going. HORRIBLE QUALITY OF CARE!!!!
in Sugar Land, TX |
Dr. Umoh is, hands down, among the best physicians and specialists who have treated me. He is extremely skilled, with great bedside manners and attention to detail. He has a very high level of empathy for his patients and their loved ones, which is something that was greatly appreciated by my family while I was under Dr. Umoh's care. I am fortunate that my PCP referred me to Dr. Umoh.
in Houston , TX |
Dr. Umoh was very professional and he explained everything to me. I would highly recommend him ,He was very kind and to the point. He made me feel safe and that I was being heard. He knew exactly what was wrong and treated it immediately. I'm back to 100%. Wonderful practice and would certainly recommend.
in Houston, TX |
Excellent service, Dr.Umoh took his time to thoroughly explain my condition to me, he also explained the proceedure to me in a very clear and simple manner. Follow up visits were very easy to schedule. For the first time in 5 years, I feel really better.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Umoh was very great to me during my initial consultation. He is well versed in the Colon & Rectal surgery specialty. He also showed compassion during my visit and discussed options to help me decide the best course of treatment. I will recommend Dr. Umoh without any reservations. Mr. Paul D.
in Houston |
Dr. Umoh showed a lot of professionalism and compassion to my sibling. Starting from the wait time at the office, up till the post- op visit was an excellent experience. He explained the diagnosis and made it easy for us to understand. I will definitely recommend Dr. Umoh to my family again. He was very compassionate and he listened.
Have you seen Dr. Nsikak Umoh, MD?
Are you Dr. Umoh?