Dr. Norman Risinger Jr, MD

Dr. Norman Risinger Jr, MD

Cardiology  |

Dr. Norman Risinger Jr, MD is a cardiology doctor who practices in Austin, TX. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 26 years. Dr. Risinger Jr is affiliated with Seton Northwest Hospital, Seton Southwest Hospital, St. David's South Austin Medical Center, St. David's Medical Center and Heart Hospital of Austin.

Austin Heart, P.A..

2559 Western Trails Blvd Ste 100

Austin, TX 78745

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)

Learn about Dr. Risinger Jr

The Mission of Austin Heart is to provide exceptional cardiac and vascular care to every patient every day with a spirit of warmth, friendliness, and personal pride.

Video

Dr. Risinger Jr's Experience

Dr. Risinger Jr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Cardiology

• Cardiomegaly
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Coarctation of the Aorta
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Ebstein's Anomaly
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Tetralogy of Fallot
  • Thrombosis
  • Tricuspid Valve Disease

• Ablation for Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent

• Sloan-Kettering Memorial Cancer Center New York
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1994
  • New York University Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Risinger Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Risinger Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Risinger Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

St. David's South Austin Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Outstanding Patient Experience Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Risinger Jr is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Risinger Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Risinger Jr to family and friends
Dr. Risinger Jr's Performance
in Austin |
The staff, Dr. Reisinger and the nurses are so professional. Dr. Reisinger is very caring and sincere. Gets you back as soon as possible for test results.
in Austin, Tx |
I have been a patient of Dr. Risinger for several years and have found that he and his staff have always treated me with respect and are genuinely concern and responsive to my medical needs.
in Kyle, TX |
Dr. Risinger is the best. He always takes the time to address any concerns and to fully explain any test results that have been done
in Austin, TX |
I am blessed with having Dr. Risinger Jr. As my cardiologist. Dr. Risinger is so knowledgeable and is so calm, professional & most of All very involved with his patients. Dr. Risinger knowledge of his profession was the only one to diagnose my problem when others referred me to others. I am so happy to know & believe in Dr. Risinger Jr. That I have referred family members & friends & Associate's to Dr. Risinger without hesitation. I highly recommend Dr. Risinger Jr. Respectfully; H.J.Planck
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Risinger was very attentive and thoughtful when talking about my health concerns. He took time to listen to me as if I was the only patient he would be seeing that day. Of course he is busy, so it wasn’t a long conversation but it was quality time spent with me, and I liked that.. He has someone typing notes so he can focus on talking to his patients. He not only treats the heart he speaks to the heart . Staff was friendly and efficient. I will recommend him to anyone with heart problems.
Forney, TX |
Overall experience was one of the best ever. All records are electronic. Talking to the doctor is very personal and informal so that all topics can be covered
in Austin, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr. Risinger for 8 years. I certainly recommend him as a physician who will listen carefully - explain in detail and look for assurances that you understand what he is telling you. His care for me has tremendously increased the quality of my life. I am thankful for knowing him.
in Austin, TX |
From the moment that Dr. R walked into the room with a smile, I immediately felt at ease. He was extremely knowledgeable and explained things to me in laymen's terms without making me feel like an idiot. This was my first ever appt. with a Cardiologist. You can tell that he actually cares about his job.
in Dale, TX |
Even though Dr. Risinger Jr has many patients, he makes me feel that my health is of the utmost importance to him. There's nothing worse than feeling like your doctor isn't listening to you and just pushing you out of the door making you feel unsatisfied with the service. Dr. Risinger Jr and his staff makes me feel that. I am extremely satisfied with the healthcare they provide.
Austin |
Office staff very courteous and helpful. Prompt and knowledgeable. Dr. Risinger is one ok favorite doctors. Very concerned and explaining
Austin, TX |
Doctor was friendly and answered my questions as well as told me next steps. Enjoyed the appointment.
in Austin, TX |
I had a heart attack out of state and when I came back was put in touch with Dr Risinger. He is an outstanding physician. He is attentive and concerned and I am very grateful to have found him. I would absolutely recommend him.
Houston, TX |
The staff was great! Dr. Risinger answered my questions and explained what he believed what was going on with me.
in Buda, TX |
When I first visited Austin Heart. I was a little nervous about the procedure they were performing, but once I met Dr. Rinsinger, he made me feel at ease about everything. I would recommend him to everyone. He"s such a wonderful person at heart.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Risinger, and his staff, are professional, knowledgeable, and personable. He is a Cardiologist with Heart, and has my best interests and continuing good health (after two serious heart attacks before I was directed to his practice) in mind. His staff are pleasant, thorough, and quick, unless he has an emergency I never feel rushed or like I have to wait an excessive amount of time for appointments.
Austin, TX |
He was courteous, took time to explain everything. Made me feel comfortable and cared for
in Austin, TX |
I was referred to Dr. Norman Risinger by my General Practitioner. Completing all of the new patient forms and setting up a patient portal went very smoothly. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful. I feel blessed to have been referred to Dr. Risinger. He has a very warm and friendly personality. He walks into the examining room...always with a big smile and a friendly greeting. I trust him completely with any health issues that arise.
in DRIPPING SPRINGS, TX |
Dr Risinger made me feel comfortable when discussing my testing results. Very straight forward with no beating around the bush, which a communication style I prefer.
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Risinger is awesome. Straight forward and to the point, but won't hesitate to have a deep dive conversation around the areas you ask about. You will quickly pick up on his knowledge and experience, which sets the stage for knowing you're in good hands.
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Risinger is very thorough and very helpful in my medical care. I feel very comfortable asking any questions and get detailed answers.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Risinger is one of the best. He is excellent in Doctor patient relationship. I always feel at ease in his presence. The information he shares concerning my condition is always clear and easy to understand. Two years ago when we moved from Portland Oregon to Austin, I felt I had the best cardiologist and I was fearful of not finding one as good as the one I was leaving. I am very thankful for being directed to Dr. Risinger.
in Austin, TX |
What a great, personable professional Dr Risinger is. He makes your visit feel like you are the most important part of his day, I didn't feel like just another number.
Austin, TX |
Very knowledgeable, professional, & personable. Explained conditions, treatments, & alternatives thoroughly. Very respectful toward patients.
in Austin, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr. Risenger for many years. I consider him a very important Dr. and friend that has kept me heart healthy for many years. His advice and professional expertise is so important to me and so much appreciate him and the entire staff at Austin Heart South. Thanks again Dr. Risenger.
Austin, TX |
I am very please with my recent care. Complete and thorough explanation of my health issue. I give it 5 stars
in Austin, TX |
Having been referred to Dr.Risinger by my family physician, I was confident that this would be a good fit for me. I had been with my original cardiologist since 1997, but in 2011 it was time to make a change. I was happy to learn from my first visit that Dr.Risinger and his office was indeed a good referral for me. He advised me early on that I had a pending situation to deal with and a potential serious problem was averted. I continue to see him every 6 months.
in Austin, TX |
Was with him a couple years ago, and glad to be back. I have an annual echo and checkup for a valve replacement. Never been anything gone wrong, but Dr. Risinger's very good about addressing questions, explaining, and comforted if you will. If I had any gripe, it would be that the policy at Austin Heart is to not give out any specific number readings from the echo either during or after.
in Austin Tx |
I had an emergent situation and Dr Risinger work me in to his schedule. Very reassuring.
in Buda, TX |
Dr. Risinger and his entire staff is A+.
in Austin, TX |
I have been under Dr. Risinger's care for several years. I have found him to be professional in every way. He offers options -- when I can have one, after all he is a heart doctor! He tells me the truth, and gives me good referrals when I have needed them. I appreciate his whole staff, who is friendly and professional, and makes going to the doctor almost easy.
in San Antonio, TX |
Initial visit was a sham and we won't be back. Dr Risinger came in for a minute or 2, made small talk, did some very basic minor checkup on my wife then walked out. Then later got a big bill for a 45 minute extensive evaluation. I raised it to their internal audits and they said checked out because 'it has all the documentation. He has someone come in with him to do the documentation the moment the door opens, but they're not documenting the exam and conversation. They're filling out the docum
in Austin, TX |
I was very nervous and a little scared because of the symptoms I had been experiencing but he and his staff let me know that although this was not a good situation, I could trust them and they would take care of me. I believe them completely. Wonderful experience
Have you seen Dr. Norman Risinger Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Risinger Jr?

Visit Dr. Risinger Jr

Dr. Risinger Jr accepts 6 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)

Hospitals where Dr. Risinger Jr has admitting privileges