Dr. Nora Sudarsan, DO

Dr. Sudarsan
Telehealth services available

MedStar Montgomery Medical Center

18101 Prince Philip Dr Olney, MD 20832

Dr. Nora Sudarsan, DO is a Hematology & Oncology Specialist in Olney, MD. She is affiliated with Medstar Montgomery Medical Center. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Sudarsan to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Hematology & Oncology Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check Dr. Sudarsan's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Sarcoma
  • Stomach Cancer
  • White Blood Cell Disorders

Dr. Sudarsan accepts

Dr. Sudarsan accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
WellPoint

Dr. Sudarsan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Sudarsan

Dr. Sudarsan?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (20)
  • Explained conditions well (20)
  • Listened & answered questions (20)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (1)
I was under Dr. Nora Sudarsan’s care for nearly two years. From the first visit I felt comfortable, she always took the time to listen to my concerns and issues. She showed such compassion and I felt she would research and look for the best avenue for my treatment. Dr. Sudarsan truly brought ease to a sometimes difficult journey.
Jackie – Aug 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nora Sudarsan, DO?
Dr. Sudarsan was recommended to me by a friend when I was first diagnosed with stage 4 lymphoma. She was/ has been extremely knowledgable and very thorough during every step, until we finally beat the cancer close to a year later. It is refreshing to find a doctor that really cares about her patients and what they go through, and with Dr. Sudarsan, it truly showed in her work and our journey together. I honestly do not think I could have been in better hands.
Kevin Lowry – Aug 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nora Sudarsan, DO?
Choosing Dr. Sudarsan was one of the best decisions I’ve made in my life. Last year, I was blind sighted by a bilateral pulmonary embolism and Dr. Sudarsan has since taken great care of me. She listens to my concerns, welcomes my questions, and has gone above the standard of care for me. She is very reliable, and once traveled across town, in the evening hours, to check on me when I was unexpectedly hospitalized. As a young mother with kids, it’s hard to find a physician who will accommodate children at an appointment, but Dr. Sudarsan has been so flexible in situations when I had to bring my kids along. She is thorough, and has stayed on top of all the testing and preventative diagnostics that I didn’t even know I needed. Me and and my family are very grateful to have her as my hematologist and plan to follow her to the moon and back. There is no one like her! Highly recommended.
Aug 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nora Sudarsan, DO?
Such a great doctor! We have taken my father to multiple doctors with no luck. Finally Dr. Sudarsan helped stabilize his blood counts and did it quickly (which were repeatedly putting him in the hospital for transfusions). She was very patient with him. All of our questions were answered each appointment and thoroughly. Our family was very pleased with the care that he received. He says “she really is a great Doctor”. We recommend!
Timothy E. – Aug 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nora Sudarsan, DO?
Dr. Sudarsan has been my Oncologist for awhile now. She is the most caring doctor I ever met. She truly takes the time and doesn't rush through your visit. She got me through an unexpected set-back. I was so scared, but she told me that she would get me through it and she did. She truly cares about her patients. I recommend her highly for anyone in search of a great Oncologist. You won't be sorry because you will have found one top notch and amazing Oncologist.
Lori K. – Aug 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nora Sudarsan, DO?
I have been under dr Sudarshan,s care and treatment for a while and I can say that she is a very good dr , she took very good care of my health issues. I would definitely recommend her to anyone . She was always helpful for any concern whenever I needed help.
Priya k – Aug 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nora Sudarsan, DO?
I was diagnosed with Breast cancer and Dra Nora took care of me for 5 months. She is very kind, professional and good listener. I was so happy she could speak my own language. ( Spanish) I will recomend her for any of my friends.
RAQUEL – Aug 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nora Sudarsan, DO?
She is great, is the Dr. that we really need in this world, very patient and that kind of Dr. that you can trust.
Lenka – Aug 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nora Sudarsan, DO?
I have been a patient of Dr Sudarsan for a while now. She is always friendly, professional and very informative. She does not keep you waiting, if your appointment is 2pm then you will be seen super close to that time.
Della Campbell – Aug 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nora Sudarsan, DO?
Dr. Sudarsan diagnosed my auto immune disease and put me on the best treatment for my condition. I had been to several doctors before her and had no answers. I really feel she saved my life. She is compassionate and caring. She listens to all of your concerns and answers them all. I’m doing great now thanks to this wonderful doctor
Mary Beach – Aug 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nora Sudarsan, DO?
When I first came to Dr.Sudarson, no doctors could figure out what was medically wrong. I first came to her office on my edge, ready to burst into tears and give up on doctors and helping myself all together: I felt defeated. But then Nora Sudarson took me seriously and addressed my pain in a serious manner &moved me in the right direction. She believed me and did not shrug off my issues. Over the past years, she continues to be a great listener and take my whole health seriously- even if it is not an issue directly in her hematology realm, she understands that the body works together as a whole, and she tries to address whatever she medically can and at least sends me in the right direction for further help. She is VERY knowledgable in her field and is great at explaining things. She tackles my health issues in an organized manner (doesn't take unessisary or overdramatic steps). She always listens to what I am most comfortable with...Trusting, calm, intelligent, &great communicator!
Danielle – Aug 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nora Sudarsan, DO?
Dr. Sudarson provided timely care and great service when I was diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer. She took great care of me during a life changing event. I highly recommend her.
Shay – Aug 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nora Sudarsan, DO?
I have been under the care of Dr. Sudarsan for the past seven months. She has been an excellent Dr. treating my CML condition. I enjoy her patience, understanding, caring, and more importantly her dedicated time that she provides me during my appointments. I highly recommend Dr. Sudarsan to anyone that is trying to find an honest and straightforward Hematologists and Oncologist. She is an outstanding and professional Doctor!
Erwin Morales – Aug 06, 2020
Awesome Doctor..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nora Sudarsan, DO?
I would like to say Thank you to Dr Sudarsan, she is a wonderful doctor she listens to your concerns that you might have so far she is one of the BEST doctors I have seen...I like how she gives her options and recommendations about treatments....for me I give 5 stars??????????
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nora Sudarsan, DO?
Patient, caring professional. Listens to your needs and helps make adjustments to care. Open to feedback.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nora Sudarsan, DO?
Dr. Sudarsan is a caring and very well-informed hematologist/oncologist. She has treated me for anemia and has been very accommodating and professional. Her bedside manner is amazing. If you're looking for a kind and pleasant plus extremely knowledgeable physician to care for these needs, please consider her. I love her so much that I am following her to her new location.
April Chen – Aug 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nora Sudarsan, DO?
Compassion. Caring. Down to earth. These are some of the adjectives that I believe describe Dr. Sudarsan best. Dr. Sudarsan took over my case from a previous colleague of hers. I was no simple case. Having been a 3-time cancer survivor with anemia under the age of 40. Dr. Sudardan was always very thorough with my appointments. She always answered my questions with compassion and concern. She is the reason I am in treatment now for cancer again. She ordered a test none of my other doctors ran. It is because of her I am kicking cancer again for the 4th time. I can not thank her enough.
Jul 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nora Sudarsan, DO?
Dr. Sudarsan managed my indolent lymphoma for about 6 months including during the coronavirus. I was impressed by her calm caring for my symptoms. Her approach is to maintain her patient's health without adding a load of additional medications and strictures. I entrusted her with my health and she trusted my good judgement. I recommend her.
Jean – Jul 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nora Sudarsan, DO?
She is an excellent doctor . Dr Sudarsan treated me for multiple myeloma and not only did she have outstanding knowledge of my cancer but also always kept me well informed on what i needed and where to go( not leaving me to fend for myself) She made my cold realization of cancer a much warmer place and my fight with this disease much more barrable by the untangible kindnesses most dont possess . I could not have hoped for a better doctor than she and I would recommend her to anyone fighting this or any other type of cancer.
Michael Thomas – Jun 24, 2020
Thank you for the kind word. It has been my...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nora Sudarsan, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Sudarsan?

She delivers effective medical care by combining empathy for her patients with deep clinical knowledge. She takes the time to get to know her...Read more

Dr. Nora Sudarsan strives to provide compassionate, evidence-based care with a personal touch for all of her patients. She specializes in the treatment...Read more

• Hematology & Oncology