Dr. Nora Fullington, MD

General SurgeryFemaleAge 39

General Surgery

Dr. Nora Fullington, MD is a General Surgery Specialist in Wellesley, MA and has over 14 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from NEW YORK MEDICAL COLLEGE in 2009. She is affiliated with Newton - Wellesley Hospital. Her office accepts new patients.

Dr. Nora Fullington, MD

UMASS Mem Surgery @ Milford

20 Walnut St Ste 100 Wellesley, MA 02481

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Gastrointestinal Surgery Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
healthgrades-rx

Save money with free prescription discounts

Optum Perks and Healthgrades are subsidiaries of RVO Health.

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check Dr. Fullington's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Fullington's Top Procedures and Conditions

Port Placements or Replacements

Dr. Fullington performs Port Placements or Replacements more than 96% of her peers

Dr. Fullington performs this procedure more than 96% of her peers

• Benign Neoplasm of the Digestive System
  • Biliary Atresia
  • Breast Cancer
  • Cholecystitis and Gallstones
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Osteosarcoma
  • Pancreatic Cancer
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Pelvic Abscess
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Pleural Effusion
  • Umbilical Hernia
  • Vascular Insufficiency of Intestines
  • Ventral Hernia

Dr. Fullington accepts

Dr. Fullington accepts the following insurance:

Select
Tufts PPO

Dr. Fullington's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Fullington

Highly Recommended
It was a good experience from the office visit to the procedure. She and her team explained everything in detail and everything went seamlessly from start to finish. Very minimal pain after surgery. i would recommend Dr Fullington to anyone needing hernia surgery
Mar 20, 2023
Left inguinal hernia repair
I was referred to Dr. Fullington by my PCP. I was seen initially in May 2022 to examine a left inguinal hernia. I began having hernia pain in 2023 and had a follow-up visit with Dr. Fullington. She explained the procedure very thoroughly and I was scheduled for surgery in one month. Dr. Fullington met me in the day surgery suite at NWH and explained the process. The NMH staff was very friendly and efficient. I was treated very professionally. The procedure went smoothly and I was not in much pain at all. I needed only over the counter meds for pain for two days and felt very comfortable. I began walking the next day and felt little pain. I resumed my normal activities(running, biking, stretching, lifting weights) in two weeks. Incision is healing nicely and I was totally pleased with the professionalism and skill of Dr. Fullington and her staff. I would recommend Dr. Fullington to friends and family without reservation.
Mar 16, 2023
hernia op
insightful, respectful of time, informative and very friendly thorough accessible and talented. incredible PAs very responsive to email (patient gateway) inquiries. great practice all around
Feb 22, 2023
Outstanding Surgeon
Doctor Nora Fullington at Boston Hernia is simply amazing. I wholeheartedly recommend her to anyone seeking hernia repair. I am three weeks out from having Advanced Open Preperitoneal Inguinal Hernia surgery, and am still in disbelief that I had zero pain at any point following surgery. Friends find it hard to believe, but it’s true! I used no opioid meds, just acetaminophen and ibuprofen in combination, as directed. I am now fully recovered, per my post-op visit, when I was cleared to resume my normal activities. I am so pleased that I found Dr. Fullington. You can look no further for an outstanding hernia surgeon. My heartfelt thanks to her, and to her assistant, Kortney. They are wonderful. My thanks, too, to the surgical team at Newton-Wellesley Hospital. They were remarkable. Ron Ripley New Hampshire
Feb 21, 2023
Dr. Fullington is *Tops*
Post-op pain was negligible and easily managed The work done was perfect with very little swelling and even at 3 weeks, you have to look for the scar. My recovery has been quite rapid. Dr. Fullington clearly knows hernia repair top-to-bottom and back-to-front. She is clearly a very talented surgeon and very warm, funny and personable. She is very interested in her patients' well being and this shows through without being paraded. I give her top marks all around.
Steve – Feb 16, 2023
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nora Fullington, MD?
Dr Fullington did an outstanding job of explaining the hernia surgery process every step of the way. All of the staff did the same and were so helpful. I am back up and running 100% on the time table explained to me. I couldn't be more pleased with my new quality of life and new found physicality.
Jan 12, 2023
Outstanding experience
Dr. Fullington saw me within a week of asking for an appointment and I was not a prior patient. She confirmed I had a hernia and we discussed all the various surgical options. I initially went to her thinking I wanted a no-mesh procedure. After speaking with her, I decided on an advanced open preperitoneal inguinal hernia repair surgery. After our meeting I knew she was the surgeon on wanted and asked how soon she could do the surgery. She was able to do it seven days after our first meeting. The surgery and the whole experience was as best as it can get. Everyone at the surgical center was wonderful and helpful. Went in around 9. Came out around noon. Experienced a little discomfort for two days but after that I felt really good. After two weeks ( per her directive) I was doing everything I had always done. Simply amazing. I highly recommend her.
Gary – Oct 27, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nora Fullington, MD?
6 Star rating on hernia repair!
Dr. Nora Fullington was very personable and reassuring during all phases of my treatment. From the diagnostic, to the evaluation, to the repair, her team was awesome to deal with. Her PA Anna was a great complement to the team. All my questions pertaining to the issue, approach and expected outcome were addressed. All my concerns were answered by a competent staff. Newton-Wellesley hospital was just as accommodating on the day of surgery. I was fearful/ apprehensive about getting a repair given my history of physicality. I would have done this repair much sooner had I not listened to what friends had to say about their less than adequate surgical repairs done years ago. Boston Hernia is state of art repair and service. I laughed every time I asked a question regarding working out again and how soon I could go back and train, and they always answered me with that line, "Two Weeks". But they were totally correct. Thank you Dr. Fullington & team!
Thomas – Sep 23, 2022
Awesome doc
Very professional and yet kind - explained everything very well and gives you confidence to expect the best from your surgery. The surgery itself was extremely well done and I have no pain. Love this doc!
Sam – Aug 29, 2022
excellent experience
Excellent experience with hernia surgery. All extremely professional and organized. Dr. Fullington was great.
George – Jul 14, 2022
Outstanding
After some problems which tests indicated was due to my Gall Bladder decided to checkout surgeons who might be able to quickly and efficiently take it out. My wife has had very positive experiences with Newton Wellesley Hospital, but this was to be my first operation even though I'm 75. Dr Fullington and her team were very friendly, obviously very knowledgeable based on our initial discussions and the operation itself was scheduled fairly quickly and went off smoothly and without hitch. Her team seemed very knowledgeable, very organized, friendly and easy to work with. There were no problems post operation, everything healed quickly, and I was back to the sports club working out in no time. Couldn't recommend her more.
Wiff Peterson – May 04, 2022
Very positive experience.
I had a wonderful experience from the day I met Dr. Fullington in her office. She is kind, patient, empathetic and listens to your concerns and needs. I had thoroughly read the website, which helped with our conversation. The website is extremely detailed. I had a very bad experience in my late teens, so I was extra nervous. Dr. Fullington created a plan and my surgery went very well and the recovery was really a breeze. I did this without any pain medication. I had a scar from a c-section and as I noticed myself heal and the bruising go away, I noticed that Dr. Fullington aligned the scar with my c-section, so that I did not have an additional scar. I found this to be so thoughtful. If you need a hernia repair, Dr. Fulington is the doctor to see. I was a little nervous waiting to go into the OR and Dr. Fullington came and talked to me for a bit before we went in. I have no recollection of anything and I am completely healed without pain. The interesting part is I had a
Allison M – Apr 15, 2022
Awesome!
I wasn’t sure what to expect but knew I was in good hands. The entire process was easy & mostly pain free.
Mar 23, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nora Fullington, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Fullington unreservedly for hernia repair surgery. From my initial consultation through surgery and follow-up, Dr. Fullington genuinely cared about me as a patient. She was transparent and helpful in the consultation, incredibly skilled as a surgeon, was straightforward and clear in describing the various techniques for hernia repair, the recovery process, etc. My experience could not have been better: surgery was completed 2 weeks after my consult, I required zero prescription medication for recovery (ibuprofen and acetaminophen for ~3 days), and I was skiing 16 days after surgery.
Jeff D – Jan 21, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nora Fullington, MD?
Dr Fullington performed a hernia operation on me. She and her PA, Anna, did a wonderful job explaining the procedure prior to surgery and my follow up today with Dr Fullington was pleasant and thorough as well. The outcome was amazing! I had a previous hernia surgery on my other side and the recovery was much more difficult. The new technique used by Dr Fullington is a game changer! I highly recommend her to anyone requiring hernia surgery.
Bob – Jan 06, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nora Fullington, MD?
Dr Fullington and her team where the best. I felt very comfortable in their care due to their knowledge, respect and professionalism. Thank you... Cheers!!
Norman Mancusi – Dec 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nora Fullington, MD?
Professional, informative and easy demeanor. This was a follow up to recent surgery. Answered all my questions concisely and in depth. Highly recommended
Dec 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nora Fullington, MD?
Dr was very professional and explained everything that was going to happen. I felt very at ease.
Dec 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nora Fullington, MD?
Excellent surgery on my hernia. Minimal pain. Got me in quickly.
CJJ – Nov 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nora Fullington, MD?
Dr. Fullington answered all of my questions before surgery and made sure I felt supported throughout the process. Everything went smoothly and she did such a wonderful job with the surgery (cholecystectomy). I also would like to give a special mention to Dr. Fullington's PA Anna - she is a delight!
Neesha Y Daulat – Oct 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nora Fullington, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Fullington?