Dr. Nitin Tandon, MD

Dr. Nitin Tandon, MD

Neurosurgery  ·
Dr. Nitin Tandon, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Houston, TX and has been practicing for 26 years. He graduated from Armed Forces Med Coll, Univ Of Pune, Pune, Maharashtra, India in 1993 and specializes in neurosurgery.

6400 Fannin St Ste 2800

Houston, TX 77030

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Tandon's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Brain Surgery
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Epidural Hematoma
  • Epilepsy
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Meningiomas

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Tandon

Dr. Tandon?
Dr. Tandon's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Nitin Tandon, MD
Dr. Tandon is a great neurosurgeon. He is willing to listen to the patient when identifying the medical problem. His explanations are thorough and easily understood.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Tandon, MD?
We LOVE Dr. Tandon! Our 16 year old son suffered a stroke 3 1/2 yrs. ago. He has had uncontrollable seizures and leftover AVM. Dr. Tandon was calm, patient, and explained everything very well. My son is now AVM and seizure free! He took his time in making sure we understood everything. His assistant Jessica is amazing, too. She made all of the appointments for us so we weren't calling for tests and appointments all the time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Tandon, MD?
Dr. Tandon's care was outstanding. I recently had an awake craniotomy and the care he exercised was amazing. To further my point, the time he took explaining the procedure to my wife and me was beyond reproach.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Tandon, MD?
I have been with Dr. Tandon and his team throughout my treatment process. Dr. Tandon is definitely a top surgeon in the space and was very upfront regarding the steps in the process and the likely hood of it working. Dr. Tandon's team of nurses and assistants compliment his strengths and provide open communications and quick response to questions or concerns patients had. Together they were able to help guide me through such a difficult time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Tandon, MD?
Dr. Tandon and the entire neuroscience team are outstanding. We didn't feel rushed, our questions were met with confident, well explained answers and an honest assessment was given to us. I would recommend Dr. Tandon and the entire team in Houston to anyone. They are terrific!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Tandon, MD?
Dr. Tandon is a great doctor! I really appreciated that he took the time and explained everything in full detail about the surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Tandon, MD?
Brain surgery is a serious matter; therefore, I researched it extensively. Also my insurance allowed me to select where to have the surgery. I chose Dr Tandon and the Mischer Neuroscience Institute. Factors that impacted my decision: the number of times he has performed the surgery, the level of communication between disciplines, how well he listened to me and explained procedures, his attention to detail and his high expectations of his team. He is readily accessible throughout the process.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Tandon, MD?
Excellent....hoping & praying that the current memory loss is only temprory.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Tandon, MD?
Dr. Tandon is one of the more caring doctors I've seen. Unfortunately his wait time is long, but I've learned it's because he spends a good amount of time with his patients, and makes sure they feel fully comfortable before he moves on. He is a very busy doctor, but a great one!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Tandon, MD?
Dr. Tandon was excellent in and out of the surgery. My family really appreciates has special care of me during this time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Tandon, MD?
Recommend without hesitation. Long waits sometimes but worth the trust and superior medical care from this doctor AND his team. Dr. Tandon doesn't linger so be prepared with your questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Tandon, MD?
Dr. Tandon is the most skilled and professional physician that I have ever come across. I couldn’t have trusted anybody else with my surgery but him. I have been suffering from temporal lobe epilepsy for two years and I thought temporal lobectomy was the only option which would caused more side effects but with Dr. Tandon’s expertise, he went ahead and treated me with minimally invasive laser ablation of the seizure focus. I was in the best of hands. His whole team is amazing especially Jessica.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Tandon, MD?
Dr. Tandon and his entire staff were terrific as we had a VNS device implanted into our daughter. His expertise was eveident and the surgery was a great success with great follow-up.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Tandon, MD?
Dr. Tandon is the best. Other neurologists knew his work and recommended him without hesitation. He understood and resolved my medical issue quickly and effectively. My surgery was a success and I am seizer free after the procedure. Even better, I have no lingering effects from the surgery. He has steady hands and a bright mind. His assistant Jessica Johnson is great also. They make a good team with the patient's well being at the forefront. Why go anywhere else if you need surgery!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Tandon, MD?
Dr. Tandon has an amazing idea of what it takes to give a patient a better chance to develop a better memory. My surgery is very recent - so I have some development to face but he makes it feel as if he is supporting a better life/memory as is necessary. So far I've been very grateful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Tandon, MD?
Out of a dozen neurosurgeons, Dr. Nitin Tandon was the only one willing and confident enough to perform surgery on my dad’s “inoperable” brain tumor. From the beginning, he was accesible and compassionate.... Not only is his character unmatched, but so is his skill. My dad came out of surgery sharper than when he went in and recovered quite well afterwards. It was truly remarkable. We are so grateful to have found Dr. Tandon - kind, humble, and a highly skilled neuro-surgeon... Truly a godsend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Tandon, MD?
Amazing human being and a truly gifted surgeon!! So glad we found Dr Tandon! My father was diagnosed with glioblastoma and no surgeon was willing to operate due to the level of complexity of the procedure. Dr Tandon successfuly removed the tumor and my father was walking 3 miles a day 4 days later.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Tandon, MD?
Dr Tandon has provided beyond excellent care to my daughter and his staff have been outstanding!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Tandon, MD?
Knowledgeable - sociaable - thrustworthy - sincere --> top of the bill and highly recommended
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Tandon, MD?
Though he is a brain surgeon, he is one of the most closed minded doctors I have ever met. Very sure of himself, but wrong.... My surgery was a failure, it was expensive, and did not work
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Tandon?

Insurance accepted

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Choice

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Tandon treats patients.

Compare Providers