Dr. Nitin Sethi, MD

Dr. Nitin Sethi, MD

NeurologyMaleAge 47

Dr. Nitin Sethi, MD is a Neurology Specialist in New York, NY and has over 22 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Sethi has more experience with Epilepsy than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi University medical school in 1999. He is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Sethi to book an appointment.

Weill Cornell Epilepsy Center

New Patient?
Epilepsy Center520 E 70 St Starrpavilion New York, NY 10021

• Recent Reviews Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

More Neurology Specialists at Weill Cornell Epilepsy Center

Dr. Sethi's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Sethi

Dr. Sethi?
  • Listened & answered questions (65)
  • Explained conditions well (64)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (63)
  • Appointment was rushed (1)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (1)
I have been seeing Dr. Sethi for the past four years. Dr. Sethi is a knowledgeable and thoughtful doctor who has worked with me to control my seizures. Dr. Sethi dedicates time and care to patients.
Mar 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Sethi, MD?
I am so grateful that Dr. Sethi is my neurologist. I reached out to him with a condition and within a short amount of time I was able to see him and he was hands-on with communicating with me to arrange my imaging and followed up quickly with the results. He provided me with such caring, thorough, and prompt treatment. His concern, availability, and kindness was so appreciated, and I knew I was in such capable, knowledgeable hands. Very thankful!
heather austin – Feb 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Sethi, MD?
I am so lucky to have Dr. Sethi as my doctor! He is a top notch, professional, highly knowledgeable, truly caring doctor. Dr. Sethi is an excellent listener, was empathetic to my concerns regarding my recovery from TBI, and really took the time to thoroughly explain and educate me so that I fully understood his diagnosis, treatment, and healing instructions. Dr. Sethi has helped me to heal with his great balance of helping me understand the serious nature of my injury while at the same time being compassionate, kind, and positive in helping me learn how to really heal.
Lauren – Feb 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Sethi, MD?
Dr. Sethi has been extremely thorough and helpful in the prognosis and council of my brother after his TBI. He was very straightforward and honest, balancing the reality with the emotion. He treated my brother as if it was his own child, encouraging him that his condition will be figured out. I would definitely recommend Dr. Sethi and look forward to meeting with him again.
K. Sinicropi – Jan 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Sethi, MD?
I feel that Dr. Sethi has been very helpful with me when it comes to me keeping my epilepsy under control. I am so blessed that I have not had any breakthrough seizures. I am so happy that Dr. Sethi is offering me such helpful remote services during this pandemic so that we can all reduce the number of COVID cases in New York City and New York State as well as in most of the world. I am very lucky that I get to see Doctor Sethi twice a year. I have been sleeping very well. I am blessed that all of my medications are working well for me and not giving me any side effects. I can't week to see him again in person once we beat COVD-19. I feel that Doctor Sethi is a very helpful and caring and outreaching neurologist in Manhattan.
  • Appointment was rushed
Russell Hornig-Rohan – Jan 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Sethi, MD?
Dr Sethi has been my neurologist for 12+ years. He is the most caring doctor.Dr Sethi gives 100% dedication to his patients. He has kept me seizure free since 2011. Dr Sethi is always there even on his off hours. I have epilepsy and he was there for me during my 2 pregnancies , and I have two healthy sons ages 9 and and 11. He monitored me very closely and made sure I stayed seizure free with both pregnancies. Dr Sethi is the mastermind of neurology,and I would recommend from this doctor to anyone newly diagnosed or already with epilepsy.He truly changed my life ,to be able to live no longer in fear of my condition. He is an amazing doctor that puts his heart and soul into his care to patients. I
Cheryl McGuckin-Lupo – Dec 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Sethi, MD?
A gem of a physician! Dr. Sethi has been a valuable member of my health team. His care and concern are only overshadowed by his medical expertise. Nothing about my care was routine yet Dr. Sethi met every challenge with calm and thoughtful input reflection on the way to move forward.
Steve Kaufman – Dec 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Sethi, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Sethi since 2011 and would recommend him to my friends and family. He is everything you want in a doctor: knowledgeable, attentive, thorough and kind. I am happy to be in his care.
B. Brown – Dec 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Sethi, MD?
Very good doctor. Takes the time to listen and evaluate all of your concerns. Then spends time explaining his thoughts and diagnosis in layman’s terms that you can understand. I will personally continue to see Dr. Sethi when needed... (hopefully no more concussions :))
Dec 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Sethi, MD?
I visited Dr. Sethi for a second opinion after concussion symptoms had persisted for several months. I wish I had seen him in the first place! Dr. Sethi is truly an expert when it comes to TBI and concussion - he was able to assuage my fears and give actionable steps to aide in my recovery. When I followed up via email a month or so after my original appt, to my surprise I received a call directly from him not even 30 minutes later. I've never had a physician demonstrate this level of attentiveness.
R. Lewis – Dec 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Sethi, MD?
We visited Dr. Sethi for a second opinion following our son's recent diagnosis of Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. He was very thorough and provided clarification on many things we were unsure of regarding Epilepsy. He made my son feel comfortable and helped us understand the nature of his seizures and how to best move forward. Dr. Sethi has made himself available to answer questions following our appointment and is very responsive to emails. He has even offered to consult with our local doctors to provide the best care possible.
jennifer perreault – Nov 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Sethi, MD?
I had an excellent experience with Dr. Sethi. I made an appointment with him because he takes my insurance and is part of Weill Cornell, which is a top hospital system. I did not know him. I was more than pleasantly surprised. Dr. Sethi is kind and thorough. He addressed the problem that I went to him for, but he was also interested in my general health. He recommended an exam and arranged for me to have it on the same day of my visit to put me at ease. He received the results within hours, and contacted me during the evening to let me know that everything was fine. I did not expect to hear from a doctor during his time off. I am so pleased to be in such good hands. If you are looking for a neurologist, go no further.
Meryl S – Nov 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Sethi, MD?
I've been under Dr. Sethi's care since March 2020. Extremely reliable!! Proven through ACTIONS..... his commitment to care for his patients. This DOCTOR is a DOER not a TALKER! Also displays commitment to his Medical field of Practice. Every visit left me feeling at ease. Highly recommended!
Roseanne Cruz – Oct 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Sethi, MD?
Dr. Sethi is an incredible doctor and goes above and beyond for his patients. I had an awesome experience with this Physician, he always returned my calls within the next few minutes to follow up. I definitely would recommend Dr. Sethi to my friends and family.
Jonathan – Oct 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Sethi, MD?
Dr. Sethi is patient, kind, super knowledgeable and never in a hurry!
Oct 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Sethi, MD?
I was lucky to have found Dr. Sethi. My former neurologist had done an MRI of my brain, which showed cerebral atrophy, which for someone my age is somewhat unusual. When he called me with the results, he said "it's fine". Didn't say a word about the atrophy. {I only found Autumn about it when I read the report.} This was when I knew I had to switch neurologists. I did some research, and found Dr. Sethi. who actually responded to my online inquiry dealing with a TBI I had years earlier. He has been my doctor ever since (and couldn't believe that my former doctor hadn't said anything about the atrophy. He is kind, compassionate and extremely knowledgeable. He also responds to messages promptly. Highly recommended
Scott Barusek – Oct 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Sethi, MD?
Becoming a patient of Dr. Sethi's in December 2011 was the best thing that could have happened for my health and spirits. His proper and detailed testing, diagnosis and medication prescribing has made my life safe and enjoyable. He is the nicest doctor, the best - and my favorite. He always has time for you. I would recommend him to anyone with a neurological issue - or any other questions.
Susan Peters – Oct 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Sethi, MD?
Dr. Sethi is very smart, and really listens to the patient. I've been a patient for several years, and I learn more with each visit. Luisa, his assistant has been helpful to schedule tests-she returns calls immediately!
Oct 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Sethi, MD?
I found Dr Sethi to be incredibly professional and competent. During my first visit, he was very approachable, took time to thoroughly understand my medical history and background, asked questions as appropriate, and explained his planned approach very methodically. He took steps to obtain data for baseline readings, and outlined a systematic course of action. I was very impressed and have no hesitation in recommending him. In addition to being an outstanding professional, he was empathetic, warm and supportive. I am happy I selected Dr Sethi as my neurologist.
Mahesh – Oct 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Sethi, MD?
Dr. Nitin Sethi is an amazing physician! He has been my neurologist for years, and I am deeply grateful for his expertise, intelligence, concern and care. Dr. Sethi is incredibly intelligent, well informed and insightful. His diagnosis, treatment, advise and guidance has been top notch every step of the way. He is trustworthy, reliable and compassionate. Throughout the unexpected issues ensuing the outbreak of Covid 19, he continued to make himself available and provide thoughtful care. I have even received email response from him while he has been traveling! I can’t recommend Dr. Sethi enough, he is phenomenal! His patients are truly fortunate to have him watching over their health!
Sep 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Sethi, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Sethi?

No malpractice claims found for New York

Frequently Treated by Dr. Sethi

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Sethi treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Sethi treats other conditions, please contact the office at (212) 746-5519.

Epilepsy

Epilepsy specialists diagnose and treat spectrum of brain disorders that cause seizures due to an interruption of normal nerve activity in the brain.Compare with other Epilepsy specialists.

Dr. Sethi is experienced in the area of Epilepsy. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 3 conditions and procedures

• Dystonia
  • EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • Epilepsy
  • Insomnia
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Tuberous Sclerosis
  • Vertigo
  • Vitamin B Deficiency

Dr. Sethi accepts

Dr. Sethi accepts the following insurance:

Blue Access (Select Network)-NY
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
HealthFirst
ABCD HMO

I am a board certified neurologist with interests in Clinical Neurology, Epilepsy and Sleep Medicine. The human brain has always fascinated me from a young...Read more

• Neurology