Dr. Nitin Malhotra, MD

Dr. Nitin Malhotra, MD

Interventional Pain Medicine  |
Male
Once a patient in a pain management clinic himself, Dr. Nitin Malhotra understands the needs of his patients. Dr. Malhotra is double board certified in Pain Medicine and Anesthesiology by the American Board of Anesthesiology.He received his Bachelor of Arts and Medical Doctorate degrees at Saint Louis University. He followed this by completing residency in Anesthesiology at University of Louisville where he served as Chief Resident and a Fellowship in Pain Medicine at the University of Chicago. Dr. Malhotra is originally from the South and Western Suburbs of Chicago and returns to serve the community as a pain management specialist at Expert Pain Physicians. Dr. Malhotra combines his expertise in the latest interventional, minimally invasive pain management procedures with a holistic, multidisciplinary approach to effectively treat pain. As a previous victim of chronic pain himself, Dr. Malhotra empathizes with his patients as they work together to decrease pain, increase function, and improve quality of life through individualized treatment plans.

10750 W 143rd St

Orland Park, IL 60462

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • CoreSource
  • HealthLink

Learn about Dr. Malhotra

See how frequently Dr. Malhotra performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Back Pain
Chronic Neck Pain
Low Back Pain

Dr. Malhotra's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Malhotra "Dr. Malhotra is an expert diagnostician of chronic pain syndromes and utilizes a multifaceted approach to treatment that may include interventional procedures, medical management, physical and psychological therapy and alternative remedies. He takes particular interest and excels in ultrasound guided techniques that allow for prolonged continuous nerve blocks that both promote accelerated rehabilitation and reduce in the severity of chronic pain."

• Interventional Pain Medicine

• Radiofrequency Nerve Ablation
  • Sacroiliac Joint Injection
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)
  • Ultrasound-Guided Injection

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Saint Louis University / School Of Medicine
  • University Of Chicago Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • London School Of Economics
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Malhotra has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi

Dr. Malhotra does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Malhotra and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Malhotra's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Malhotra to family and friends
Dr. Malhotra's Performance
in Bolingbrook il |
Dr went out of his way to make sure I was comfortable in the surgery room. He noticed that the X-ray machine was causing my claustrophobic tendencies to appear. He immediately had the machine pushed away from me. This was very impressive and really meant a lot to me
in Orland Park, IL |
When I first came to Dr Malhotra I could hardly function with everyday activities. Two months later 80% of my pain is gone. Even the procedure given, a steroid epidural, was pain free. It helped me tremendously. Dr. Malhotra ia very professional and excellent doctor.
in Orland Park, IL |
After seeing multiple doctors and receiving multiple thoughts on what could possibly be wrong with my lower back I was referred to the Expert Pain Physicians. Not having much hope, I made an appointment but had convinced myself I would live with pain the rest of my life. Dr. Malhotra listened to all my woes and ran a few tests. When the results came in he knew exactly what was wrong and had a clear plan of treatment. I'm now pain free and can pick up my toddler again. I'm so grateful I came in!
Orland Park, IL |
Awesome care in all aspects. Back pain has been greatly reduced.
in Orland Park, IL |
Major cuddles to Dr. Malhotra and his staff, best exsperience I ever had in a doctors office. The counciltation Great, the surgery Great my follow up Fantastic. Thanks Dr. Malhotra! Best Regards, Montel A. Jones
in Orland Park, IL |
I would highly recommend Dr. Malhotra and his staff to any one of my friends or family. He sincerely paid attention to my pain and helped me from day one. I would rate higher than 5 stars if it were a possibility!! Keep up the great work!!
in Orland Park, IL |
I am really glad I was able to come see Dr. Malhotra he has done a lot for me in such a short time! I am finally able to lay down and go to bed at night!
in nap-town |
great doc, friendly staff.
Plainfield, IL |
All this doctor cares about is billing. I signed off on a document on 5/9/17, which Dr. Malhotra suggested, stating I would not have to come in for an office visit for my next injection. I went back & forth with the staff & doc on 8/21 to get an injection on 8/22. They insisted I come in for an office visit then agreed to give me the shot on 8/22 without an office visit. Several weeks later, I received a bill for the injection & an office visit, which never happened. Reporting this to IDPH, etc.
in Orland Park, IL |
Awesome Doctor.....takes his time, listens and diagnoses problems, provides options and helps maintain pain. I would highly recommend and have recommended all with positive results. Rick Colby
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Malhotra is incredible! He not only was able to control my pain but he was able to get rid of it altogether! Thank So Much!!!
in Chicago, IL |
Great physician. Helped out my back and I can still play basketball!
in Orland Park, IL |
Help me very thankful for his help
Lockport |
Dr. Malhotra is fabulous- he squeezed me in for an indirect injection before my vacation and I had a pain free trip. I would highly recommend Dr. Malhotra.
in Palos Hills, IL |
I would highly recommend Dr. Malhotra.He helped me through such a difficult time with pain.He takes the time to listen carefully, and asks all the right questions,and suggested the right procedure to help me. But most importantly ,he gave me hope.He is so knowledgeable and has a wonderful bedside manner.His office staff too, is wonderful.Thankyou Dr. Malhotra for giving me my life back.
in Orland Park, IL |
I experienced the worst pain in my life! I was referred to Dr Malhotra who literally saved my life. Not only is he knowledgable, he's patient, kind and goes the extra mile to help you. I travel for 45 minutes to get to him. I'll always be grateful to him for helping me. I thank God for him.
Chicago, IL |
Very thorough. Great bedside manor
in Chicago, IL |
I am glad that my personal doctor recommended Dr. Malhotra, because prior to coming to see him, I experienced pain in my lower right hip that made it difficult to walk and bend. He gave me a prescription and recommended Jessica Berchett a physical therapist that have elimated the pain and now I am back to normal without pain.
Orland Park, IL |
Has the best bedside manner of any doctor I have met with. Explains everything in detail. Made me feel very comfortable.
in sandwich, IL |
I first saw Dr. Malhotra 2 years ago. In a couple of weeks I am having fusion surgery in my lower back. I have seen 8 different doctors, 3 knee surgeries, 1 back surgery, still had pain. Since seeing Dr. Malhotra I have been able to deal with the pain. Dr. Malhotra is very caring and takes the time to explain to you what is going, and listens better than any other doctor I have seen. He truly cares and wants his patients to feel better.
in Matteson, IL |
I was referred to Dr. Malhotra for lower back pain that radiated down both buttocks, thighs, and left leg. He gave me a thorough exam, sent me for further testing, and made several recommendations. He performed a procedure on me three weeks later. I must say that I have worked with many doctors and he has the best or I should say the most exceptional bedside manners than any doctors I have encountered! Besides his bedside manners, I have no more pain radiating and I'm walking with ease!
in Flossmoor, IL |
As a first time chronic pain patient, I was pretty nervous about whether the doctor would understand my pain and personal goals for controlling my pain. Dr. Malhotra is very insightful, intelligent and has the best bedside manner of any doctor I have ever seen (I see a lot of doctors). I appreciated his thoughtfulness and his responsiveness when I encountered medication issues and although I hope to not need his expertise for much longer, I feel the care he provides is top notch.
in Downers Grove,IL |
I have been Dr Malhotra's patient going on 3 years, and I would like to say his expertise and professional manner continues to be exceptional! I started seeing Dr. Malhotra for my shoulder pain, which was diagnosed as bone on bone, and an orthopedic doctor gave me a referral to the pain clinic. My first experience with Dr Malhotra was so successful that since then, I go to him exclusively to also manage my spinal stenosis pain. I consider him my "miracle man!"
in mokena ill |
I have been seeing Dr. Malhotra close to 2 years now, one can tell he has a love for his work by his bedside manner, he is caring , he listens to what you have to say. I trust him completely , he spends as much time with you as you need. He keeps me pain free... Thank you Dr. Malhotra
in Chicago, IL |
Absolutely the most humble, down to earth, caring doctor with the best bedside manner. So glad my PCP referred me to his clinic! He took the time to get to know me and my case and my pain is getting better too!
in Joliet,IL |
Dr. Malhotra has been able to control my pain for years now and I was so worried when I went to his old office and found out he was no longer working there. I just got great news today that he has branched off on his own and opened an office just a few miles away from me. Wouldn't have mattered where he was, as long as he's in the Chicagoland area, I'd travel anywhere just to see him. A good doctor is hard to find!
in Willow Springs, IL |
I came with a referral concerning degenerative arthritis causing a great deal of pain in my lower left back and leg. Dr. Malhotra performed some diagnostics in his office and immediately recommended a treatment. That stopped the pain almost immediately, and for the first time in two months I could walk without a cane or walker. I was almost leaping out the door I felt so much better.
in Bolingbrook il |
He was very nice , and he listened , and very professional , and what really surprised me was his nurse (Lisa ) awesome .
in Bartlett,IL |
I've had 5 epidural injections from three different doctors. The last two injections I received before Dr. Malhotra helped very little. I received one injection my sciatic is gone and I'm virtually pain-free thank you Dr. Malhotra for your help. Also the staff is very nice and the office is brand-new.
in Sugar Grove, IL |
He was very knowledgeable & through. Explained what he could do for me & how he would do it. We liked him a lot.
in IL |
Unfortunately my experience with Dr. Malhotra was not a positive one. I had previously seen a Dr 5 yrs prior who used Radio Frequency Ablation to sucsessfully give me 3.5 yrs of no pain and the ability to walk without being in continuous pain. Due to having as much pain as I did I was not able to give the answer that Dr. Malhotra wanted in regards to whether or not his test RFA gave relief or not. So his answer to my pain was to offer a Morphine script for the rest of my life; go figure.
Have you seen Dr. Nitin Malhotra, MD?
Are you Dr. Malhotra?