Dr. Nitin Khanna, MD

Dr. Khanna
Telehealth services available

Orthopaedic Specialists of Northwest Indiana

730 45th St Munster, IN 46321

Dr. Nitin Khanna, MD is a minimally invasive orthopedic spine surgery specialist in Munster, IN and has been practicing for 17 years. He graduated from Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University in 1997 and specializes in minimally invasive orthopedic spine surgery.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Orthopedic Surgeons in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Khanna accepts

Dr. Khanna accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Sagamore Health Network
Sagamore Plus
Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Indiana

Check Dr. Khanna's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Khanna's Top Procedures and Conditions

Back Pain

Dr. Khanna treats Back Pain more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Khanna treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Khanna treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 96% of his peers

Dr. Khanna treats this condition more than 96% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Brachial Neuritis

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Nitin Khanna, MD...

Offer evening visits?

Communicate via email?

Offer an online patient portal portal?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer weekend visits?

Dr. Khanna's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Khanna

4.4

4.25531914893617%

Dr. Khanna?
Dr. Khanna's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Nitin Khanna, MD
I was in pain for 7 years. After years of injections and 1 surgery from 3 different doctors. I thank God I met Dr. Nitin Khanna! I told him my about my miserable pain some days can't sleep or stand. He assured me with such confidence after my MRI that he would be able to relieve me from the pain I was having. As one can imagine I said to myself I heard this before. It's been over 2 weeks since my lower lumbar fusion. Dr. Nitin is a man of his word! I am so grateful to him and his staff! I am going to follow his instructions of allowing healing to take place. As for pain I feel none. If I feel this good after 2 weeks I can only imagine what I'm going to feel like on my next scheduled visit. Dr. Khanna God blessed you with healing hands! My wife and I pray blessings on your practice and life. Thank you so much! Ignacio and Mercedes Rios Jr.
lower lumbar fusion – Jan 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Khanna, MD?
I work in Pain Management for about 12 years my mom suddenly has severe pain were I had to take her to the emergency room several times and several different Doctors to try to get her out of pain. Last time when we were in the emergency room they recommeded dr Khanna for a surgical consultation. I called his office that day to schedule my mom an appointment the front desk girl was the first person willing to help me she didnt even know me and she even called me back that day to try to help my mom his nurses are incredible they worked with me an my mother everystep of the way until her follow up appointment from surgery. His office staff is wnderful. Dr Khana fit my mother in surgery that week after seeing him he explained her MRI to us so we could understand explained the surgery in depth. He is a great surgeon my mom was able to walk out of the hosital that day... He is a great surgeon and I would recommeded him to everybody... Thank you Dr Khanna and his staff for being the best....
lisa – Nov 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Khanna, MD?
Dr. Khanna Is The best orthopedic surgeon in the world! He did my surgery and I feel brand new! staff in his office Kim , Michael and medical assistance are so great ! Thank you to all of you! Your the best!!!
Silvia Carrion – Sep 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Khanna, MD?
Couldn't ask for a better surgeon or a nice man. Great staff also
May 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Khanna, MD?
Great surgeon. Did my l5 s1 fusion 8/7/17. It took me a solid year to start feeling good again. I'm skiing again, did 25 days last year in the Rockies. Mission accomplished.
May 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Khanna, MD?
In February 2019, I underwent surgery with Dr. Khanna and his team. I couldn't be happier with my outcome, and the care I received before, during, and after my procedure has been outstanding. As a registered nurse for nearlly 40 years, I highly recommend Dr. Khanna and his team. My only regret is that I waited so long to get help.
Apr 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Khanna, MD?
I'm a 45 yr old male who since April of 2018 was suffering from nerve pain in my neck, shoulders and arm. I went to clinics for injections but nothing seemed to work, my pain was so bad I could not sleep, or stop my hand from shaking. I finally went to my family Dr to be referred to D.R Khanna and I can tell you now I'm feeling as if nothing ever was wrong. Dr Khanna was caring and explained my options to me with great detail. I highly recommend him to anybody who suffers from pain.
Patrick kasmir in Cedar lake, IN – Dec 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Khanna, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Khanna since 2013. He's done my Lower Lumber Fusion and currently my Sacroiliac Joint Fusions. He's professional and friendly. Definitely knows his stuff! I absolutely recommend him to anyone with spine problems.
Gail Wickberg – Oct 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Khanna, MD?
24 male 6 foot 240 pounds. I had a microdiscectomy with Dr. Khanna. He was very professional and answered all my questions before the surgery. He made me try all other routes before we decided on the surgery. His nurse was super helpful as well. The recovery was rough but felt relief immediately. After 1.5 weeks I was back to work limited, after 2 week I was back for the full day. 6 months later I am doing great and my life has improved more than I could have thought.
Zach in Hobart, IN – Aug 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Khanna, MD?
Dr. Khanna is an outstanding physician, explained the problem and solution to repair my spine. The surgery was completed and my life is back to normal. Thank you.
Joseph Mele in IN – Aug 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Khanna, MD?
Dr. Khanna is an excellent Dr. I had C6and C7 fused in 2010. The scar left by the surgery on my neck is completely unnoticeable. Recovery time was amazingly short. He is very skilled at his profession and is the most caring and compassionate Dr. I have ever met. My latest appt with him was May of 2018, as I was having problems with pain and was told by another Dr that I should have an MRI and see Dr. Khanna. When I met with Dr. Khanna, he looked at the MRI and assured me that my neck C4 and C5 i
B. Ott – May 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Khanna, MD?
Dr. Khanna performed minimally-invasive surgery on my lumbar spine. The results were excellent. The first time I stood following surgery I knew the pain I had suffered was gone. Of course there was incision and surgical pain, which is to be expected. I was totally satisfied with the outcome and would highly recommend Dr. Khanna.
Dyer, IN – May 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Khanna, MD?
My entire experience with Orthopedics Specialists of NWI was nothing but the best. From the scheduling of my appt,, to the front desk greeting me, to getting x-rays, to my visits w/his nurse, Denise & my calls of questions & concerns to her after surgery, to my MRI experience to all of my visits w/Dr. Khanna.
Highland – Apr 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Khanna, MD?
Very pleased with Dr. Khanna and staff! Very knowledgeable and kind! Definitely helped put me at ease before having the surgery!
Dan Krediet – Mar 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Khanna, MD?
I was suffering for several years with lower back/sciatica leg pain. I tried chiropractic visits, Gen M.D ordered therapy and epidural shots. Nothing helped until I was referred to Dr.Khanna by a friend. He does minimally invasive lumbar spine surgery. His staff was very professional and friendly. After reviewing my lumbar x-rays we set up a surgery date. It was the best thing I ever did and still tell myself "why did I wait so long"! I would recommend him to anyone. He is very caring.
C. Wojciechowski in Lansing, Illinois – Mar 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Khanna, MD?
Dr. Khanna is a very caring and compassionate orthopedic surgeon with excellent capabilities. He discussed with me the options that were available to me prior to surgery, and listened to my concerns. Due to his surgery expertise, I can now live a pain free active life. A life I haven't had in many months.
Joyce Chisem-Davis in Calumet City, IL – Jan 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Khanna, MD?
We were so glad that we were referred to Dr. Khanna. My husband had seen Dr. Khanna first and he performed surgery on his neck. He did such a wonderful job. Since I had been bringing my husband to his appointments, Dr. Khanna had noticed something was happening with me. Turns out a disc collapsed and pinched a nerve. He did a microdiscectomy on me that worked temporarily. I then had a L4 S1 fusion with an osteocell. He fixed me! Dr. Khanna is polite and so smart.. We refer him to everyone!
Kimberly & Michael P. in Munster – Oct 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Khanna, MD?
After suffering with neck pain for several years after an injury, I along with my wife (who is very skeptical about any type of surgery), consulted Dr Khanna. We left his office with 100% confidence that he was the right Doctor to choose for treatment. He gave us a very detailed explanation of my injury as well as a complete simple to understand explanation of the surgical treatment that he would recommend that would give me the best results. I highly recommend Dr Khanna
David Pedric in Munster, In – Jul 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Khanna, MD?
Dr. Khanna and all of his staff are very caring and supportive. My husband had neck surgery which went very well. We like the idea of Dr. office, X-rays, MRI's and therapy all at the same location this prevents patients from having to travel to get any of the services. Minimally invasive surgery is what we were looking for and found with Dr. Khanna. Would recommend him to anyone needing spine surgery which we have already done. Thank you for treating us as human beings. The Ackerman's
Highland, IN – Jul 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Khanna, MD?
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Khanna and his nurse Denise. I had cervical disc replacement surgery and have had great results. This surgery was so much better than the fusion I had by a different Dr, like night and day. Dr. Khanna was very easy o talk to, and he explained every and answered all my questions Hi highly recommend him to friends and family.
Angela in Hammond, IN – Jun 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nitin Khanna, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Khanna?

Spine Care

Dr. Khanna believes in a conservative non-invasive and minimally invasive approach to treating most spinal conditions. His focus is on establishing the diagnosis early in the care of a patient and designing an individuali...

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery