Dr. Nitin Khanna, MD

Dr. Nitin Khanna, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Nitin Khanna, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Munster, IN. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 20 years.

730 45th Ave

• Pipefitters
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Khanna

See how frequently Dr. Khanna performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Chronic Neck Pain
Back Pain
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Khanna's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Khanna " Spine Care

Dr. Khanna believes in a conservative non-invasive and minimally invasive approach to treating most spinal conditions. His focus is on establishing the diagnosis early in the care of a patient and designing an individualized treatment plan for each patient.

Dr. Khanna is considered a leader in Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery. He has participated in the design and development of many minimally invasive surgical techniques that have led to a dramatic decrease in the discomfort typically associated with spinal procedures.

Dr. Khanna has received many awards including Doctor of Excellence, America's Top Orthopedists, Compassionate Doctor, Patients Choice award, and Best of the Region. He serves on the Associate Editorial Board for SPINE, widely considered the most prestigious spine journal. He has been invited to be a reviewer for the International Spine Journal. He is also a spokesperson for the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery. "

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Accredited by: American Board of Physician Specialties*

• Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Broken Neck
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

• Perelman School Of Medicine University Of Pennsylvania
  • Washington University School Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center-Chicago
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Khanna has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Khanna does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Khanna and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Khanna's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Khanna to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Khanna Says:

We strive to provide the highest quality of care to our patients. We thank you for your response. If you have any questions or concerns please call our office and we will be happy to discuss them in detail with you.

Dr. Khanna's Performance
in Munster |
We were so glad that we were referred to Dr. Khanna. My husband had seen Dr. Khanna first and he performed surgery on his neck. He did such a wonderful job. Since I had been bringing my husband to his appointments, Dr. Khanna had noticed something was happening with me. Turns out a disc collapsed and pinched a nerve. He did a microdiscectomy on me that worked temporarily. I then had a L4 S1 fusion with an osteocell. He fixed me! Dr. Khanna is polite and so smart.. We refer him to everyone!
in Munster, In |
After suffering with neck pain for several years after an injury, I along with my wife (who is very skeptical about any type of surgery), consulted Dr Khanna. We left his office with 100% confidence that he was the right Doctor to choose for treatment. He gave us a very detailed explanation of my injury as well as a complete simple to understand explanation of the surgical treatment that he would recommend that would give me the best results. I highly recommend Dr Khanna
Highland, IN |
Dr. Khanna and all of his staff are very caring and supportive. My husband had neck surgery which went very well. We like the idea of Dr. office, X-rays, MRI's and therapy all at the same location this prevents patients from having to travel to get any of the services. Minimally invasive surgery is what we were looking for and found with Dr. Khanna. Would recommend him to anyone needing spine surgery which we have already done. Thank you for treating us as human beings. The Ackerman's
in Hammond, IN |
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Khanna and his nurse Denise. I had cervical disc replacement surgery and have had great results. This surgery was so much better than the fusion I had by a different Dr, like night and day. Dr. Khanna was very easy o talk to, and he explained every and answered all my questions Hi highly recommend him to friends and family.
in Merrillville, IN |
Dr Khanna is truly the best! He re-did a failed fusion from another surgeon at L4/5 for me and allowed me to return to life and work pain free as a firefighter. When I injured my neck & nothing else worked, he was the only surgeon I trusted and wanted. He did a C4/5 & C5/6 double fusion and I am healing phenomenally! Him and his nurse Denise are the only ones I want to see & the only ones I recommend for spinal care and surgery. Both beyond knowledgeable & compassionate & treat you like family!
in Berrien Center, MI |
I had had back/hip/buttock pain for the last five years. I saw both the Sports Medicine Physician for The University of Notre Dame and the Sports Medicine Physician for Marquette University and the Milwaukee Brewers professional baseball team, neither of them could figure out what was causing my pain. Dr. Khanna took one look at my MRI and not only told me, but showed me the obvious problem with my spine. I am now able to be the active mother and wife I used to be, all while being pain free.
Crown Point, IN |
I liked Dr. Khanna and his nurses Denise and Kelly.. However my issues are still there and I am seeking another opinion...with laser surgery next time. His was very non informed or overlooked my allergies to pain medications! ...so therefore he did not perscribe any pain meds after surgery so I must tell you how I suffered. I was informd easy outpaitent surgery someone needs to be there 24 hours...My husband had to call off work for a week!!!!! Recovery was a 2 an a half month ordeal.
Merrillville, IN |
Dr. Khanna was upfront from the start. Conservative treatments were not an option because of my condition. He recommended surgery and was very understanding of my fears. He took all the time I needed to explain the procedure, expected outcome, and time for recovery. I have made it through an up and down recovery with the encouraging and thoughtful responses from him and Denise his nurse. The entire office staff has been pleasant and understanding with every interaction.
in Cedar Lake, IN |
My experience with Dr. Khanna was excellent. He was very straight forward with the solutions, and his advice always worked. He kept his promises when he told me when I would be able to get up back on my feet. My surgery went smooth as promised and my recovery time thereafter is also going smoother as days go by. I would highly recommend Dr. Khanna to anybody with spinal injuries. He lives up to my expectations
I would recommend Dr. Khanna to anyone ! Soon after I had the spine surgery I noticed very good changes . He did not lie to me when he said He would change my life for the better. I have since joined a gym to take off the weight and what makes me the most happy is being able to keep up with my kids and enjoy time with them without feeling the pain anymore. It was my goal to not live on pain killers and that goal has been met thanks to Dr. Khanna
Munster, IN |
I loved Dr. Khanna. He was supportive and answered every question.
Munster, IN |
Dr. Khanna spent time thoroughly explaining the cause of my symptoms and was very informative . Dr. Khannas compassion for his patients really shows. He was the most through and caring physician I have ever seen.
Munster, IN |
Dr. Khanna was very personable and thorough explaining to me why i was having the pain in my back and buttocks down my leg. He pointed to my MRI films showing the narrowing causing my condition. Also he explained my options for treatment. I appreciated the fact he said he would try the most conservative approach first. I felt very comfortable with him and felt he took time to explain my condition with much knowledge.I would highly recommend him to anyone with spine issues.
Have you seen Dr. Nitin Khanna, MD?
Are you Dr. Khanna?