Dr. Nishendu Vasavada, MD

Dr. Nishendu Vasavada, MD

Psychiatry  ·
Dr. Nishendu Vasavada, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Carrollton, TX and has been practicing for 40 years. He graduated from Medical College Baroda, Maharaja Sayajirao University Of Baroda in 1968 and specializes in psychiatry, adolescent psychiatry, and more.Read his story

4100 Fairway Dr Ste 200

Carrollton, TX 75010

Learn about Dr. Vasavada

See how frequently Dr. Vasavada performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Major Depressive Disorder
ADHD and-or ADD
high
Psychiatric Diseases
high

Dr. Vasavada's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Vasavada's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Vasavada "I am a board certified psychiatrist as well as ASAM certified Addiction specialist. I am a Distinguished Life Fellow of American Psychiatric Association. I have been in private practice since 1980. I have worked extensively with a wide variety of conditions. Currently I am not accepting insurance but I can help patients file their insurance. What this means is that I can spend more time with my patients, especially during the first visit. I reserve enough time to spend with the patient so that I can get better understanding of their situation. I work with two other psychiatrists, a psychologist, and several therapists. Our office also provides most advanced treatment of depression (Trans Magnetic stimulation or TMS) along with laboratory testing. We also have outpatient counseling for chemical dependency and related problems. "

This content was provided by Dr. Vasavada "After 35 years in private practice and teaching at local universities for thirty three years, I am still passionate about what I do. I love to go to work every morning. When a patient does well, it makes my day, when sone one is struggling, it reminds me that I have to work harder.

I believe that proper screening in out patient should include blood tests, DNA testing, sleep studies, psychological testing when needed.

I do hold my patients accountable and hold them responsible to take medications as prescribe and attend psychotherapy with myself or with other clinicians. "

• Psychiatry

• SUNY Downstate Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1978

• Gujarati
  • Hindi

Dr. Vasavada does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Vasavada and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Vasavada's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Vasavada to family and friends

Dr. Vasavada's Performance

Dr. Vasavada Says:
"

When a patient is sitting in front of me, I worry about that patient. That means that sometimes I do run behind but when you enter my office, you are the most important person sitting in front of me!

Currently I handle all my patients myself as against using a mid level provider or "physician extenders".

I usually return calls at the end of the day.

If you have a problem with my office, do contact

...

After seeing a number of psychiatrists in the area, including at Mesa Springs and Texas Health, for my severe depression, I still had serious depression. Then I decided to pay the cost to see Dr. Vasavada. He is one of the best psychiatrists in the DFW area, and I’d argue the best. I have been a...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
DrVasavada is always great with his medicines. He knows what best suits for you.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Vasavada and his entire staff treat me with respect. He listens to me and actually understands what I am trying to kconvey. He speaks to me openly and honestly and tells me what steps I need to take to work on my particular issues.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I have seen Dr Vasavada for about 3 years and he is the absolute best. He has helped me stableize my life and really cares about my wellbeing. I could not recommend him more.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Amazing Doctor & Staff - absolutely the best!
Are you Dr. Vasavada?