Dr. Nishendu Vasavada, MD

Psychiatry | Male

Lakeside Life Center 4100 Fairway Dr Ste 200 Carrollton, TX 75010 Get Directions
Dr. Nishendu Vasavada, MD
I am a board certified psychiatrist as well as ASAM certified Addiction specialist. I am a Distinguished Life Fellow of American Psychiatric Association. I have been in private practice since 1980. I have worked extensively with a wide variety of conditions. Currently I am not accepting insurance but I can help patients file their insurance. What this means is that I can spend more time with my patients, especially during the first visit. I reserve enough time to spend with the patient so that I can get better understanding of their situation. I work with two other psychiatrists, a psychologist, and several therapists. Our office also provides most advanced treatment of depression (Trans Magnetic stimulation or TMS) along with laboratory testing. We also have outpatient counseling for chemical dependency and related problems.

Dr. Vasavada's Care Philosophy

After 35 years in private practice and teaching at local universities for thirty three years, I am still passionate about what I do. I love to go to work every morning. When a patient does well, it makes my day, when sone one is struggling, it reminds me that I have to work harder. I believe that proper screening in out patient should include blood tests, DNA testing, sleep studies, psychological testing when needed. I do hold my patients accountable and hold them responsible to take medications as prescribe and attend psychotherapy with myself or with other clinicians.

Dr. Vasavada's Experience

See how Dr. Vasavada's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Vasavada

Dr. Vasavada is now accepting new patients
Lakeside Life Center4100 Fairway Dr Ste 200
Carrollton, TX 75010
(972) 221-1741Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Vasavada has admitting privileges.

Dr. Vasavada's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Vasavada to family and friends
Dr. Vasavada Says:

When a patient is sitting in front of me, I worry about that patient. That means that sometimes I do run behind but when you enter my office, you are the most important person sitting in front of me!

Currently I handle all my patients myself as against using a mid level provider or "physician extenders".

I usually return calls at the end of the day.

If you have...

Dr. Vasavada's Performance
Ft Worth, TX |
Dr. Vasavada is great. He always take however much time is needed for an appointment. The office staff are also very friendly and helpful.
Coleman Texas |
I continue to be amazed at Dr. Vasavada's passion for his career and those he helps. He has helped me through a very difficult time. Never gave up on me and always exhibited patience, kindness and professionalism. I would recommend him to anyone seeking this type of care. I drive 3 hours one way to see him. Worth every second.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Vasavada is a very kind man. Listens to concerns and I have full trust in his decisions.
in Krum TX |
Dr V is INCREDIBLE!!!! He really does have a gift for seeing issues that are missed by others and just knowing what needs to be done. He is truly a partner in the process of healing. Always checking progress and adjusting as needed. His only agenda is helping his patients and you can really feel that from him. Unreservedly I recommend him to anyone who needs his help. You'll know you made the decision to trust Dr V.
in Ft Worth, TX |
My son has been seeing Dr. Vasavada for over two years. His staff is great and they always respond promptly to any message. Dr. Vasavada is wonderful: very perceptive, engaging, knowledgeable and really seems to care!
Denton, TX |
Always a positive experience. I have a 10 year relationship with dr v and he has help change my life.
in Frisco, TX |
Dr V is the BEST. He literally saved my life. I trust him completely!
Lewisville, TX |
Dr. Vasavada is the best physician I've had in any field (and I've had a lot!) He's a straight-shooter, knows his nueropharmacology and can laugh with the best of them at the appropriate time. But he knows when things are off and makes adjustments accordingly. I trust no one else to assist me with stabilizing my brain chemistry. Best in the business in my book.
Frisco, TX |
Dr. V is a life saver and I can't say enough about how he has been invaluable to my mental health. No one better!!
Arlington, TX |
Great Dr and wonderful staff. Very glad I went.
FRISCO |
Great doctor. Great Staff.
in Flower Mound, TX |
Dr Vasavada is very knowledgeable. He cosniders patients preference for alternative medicine and gives various options in medicine. Had great experience and would certainly recommend this doctor.
in Dallas, Tx |
He is very intelligent, patient, and kind. Staff is very kind and professional. Office is very clean and comfortable. Highly recommend!
in Denton, TX |
The doctor is very engaged diagnostically. The more information you can share with him… The better off you will be in the long run. I have found him and his staff to be amazingly accepting and easy to work with.
in Dickinson, TX |
There are no words to say enough good about this doctor. He was my son's doctor initially for ADHD. Subsequently, 25+ years ago, he additionally became my doctor & has continued to treat me. This online field doesn't provide enough room to detail all my good experience with Dr. Vasavada. Briefly I trust this doctor implicitly. He has been my doctor during dome difficult times. My wellbeing has ALWAYS been his priority. I trust him with my life & welfare.
in TX |
I'm disappointed. I'm taken aback that this is the direction things are going. I just don't feel comfortable talking to him with out being misunderstood. I account for some of that because I am impulsive esp. speaking before I think about the question especially when I am nervous. He changed my diagnosis with out thoroughly talking to me about it and the symptoms. I found out about the diagnosis through a third party before looking at my records. I wouldn't have known to look otherwise.
in Dallas, TX |
I have been seeing Dr. Vasavada for about 1 year. He is thoughtful, attentive, and helpful. He is quite intelligent, and clearly thinking and observing/observant. I like him quite a lot as a Dr, and he has helped me quite a lot. Great Dr.
in Carrollton, TX |
He is a very knowledgeable Dr. He more than exceeded my expectations. And also has a very solid kind bedside manner,
Very respectful of your time and perceptive of your needs. Positive and encouraging, easy to talk with. Always have had a good experience.
Very thorough, always takes enough time with each client. Dedicated physican.
Have you seen Dr. Nishendu Vasavada, MD?
Are you Dr. Vasavada?

Compare Dr. Vasavada

Dr. Vasavada's Care Philosophy

Dr. Vasavada says...

I get most of my patients through word of mouth and referrals from therapists.

I treat adults and adolescents.

I treat or can provide evaluation for most psychiatric conditions that can be managed as out patient.

I can provide evaluation and treatment for chemical dependency and alcohol related problems.

Some times the best thing I can do for a patient is to point them in the right direction for further treatment because of my knowledge and experience.

Dr. Vasavada says...

Having years of experience and availability of multiple providers, I am able to provide the most comprehensive set of services that very few other practices can do because I have access to every thing from sleep lab to TMS under one roof.

Dr. Vasavada says...

I usually return calls at the end of the day.

If you have a problem with my office, do contact me. I am ready to change if I find out that something can be improved.

Dr. Vasavada's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Psychiatry

Why It Matters: Dr. Vasavada's Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Paranoid Personality Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

Completed in 1978

M.S. University of Baroda

• Gujarati
  • Hindi

Dr. Vasavada does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Vasavada and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry