Dr. Nishat P. Alvi, MD

Dr. Nishat P. Alvi, MD

Ophthalmology | Female

Vision Institute of IL 1710 N Randall Rd Ste 210, Elgin, IL 60123 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Alvi specializes in Ophthalmology and practices in Elgin, IL. She practices at 2 locations.

Are you Dr. Alvi? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Alvi's Experience

See how Dr. Alvi's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Alvi

Dr. Alvi accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Alvi has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Alvi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Alvi to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Alvi
Dr. Alvi's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (23)
in McHenry, IL |
Dr. Alvi was recommended to me by a few of my other doctors. Her office was not close to my home, but I decided to see her. I'm glad I did. She is very genuine and personable. She listens and is detailed with my care plan. I don't feel rushed and all my concerns are always addressed. When Dr. Alvi moved to a new office (quite a while ago) I followed her because the care her office provides. I highly recommend Dr. Alvi!
in Lake in The Hills, IL |
I am so thankful to Dr. Alvi for literally saving my vision and probably my life. After experiencing double vision, redness and bruits in both eyes and seeing four different physicians with no success, I was referred to Dr. Alvi. She immediately ordered an MRI which confirmed her diagnosis. She then referred me to a top Neuro Surgeon in Chicago. He scheduled me for surgery two days later. Thanks to her expertise and expedience in diagnosing my condition, my vision was restored to normal.
in Algonquin, IL |
Extremely knowledgeable in glaucoma treatment and skillful in laser surgery.
in Crystal Lake, IL |
Dr Nishat Alvi is very personable and a great doctor.
in Algonquin, IL |
Several years ago I had eye surgery to repair a macular hole. I then needed to find an ophthalmologist for regular follow up and continuing eye care. Fortunately, I found my way to Dr. Nishat Alvi. Not only has she and her staff monitored the status of the surgical repair but has addressed my “normal” vision issues. Her staff and state-of-the-art equipment in both the Elgin and Barrington offices have handled any and all issue that have come up. I am so thankful for finding Dr. Alvi.
in Algonquin, IL |
Twelve years ago my husband and I moved to Algonquin. One of our first tasks was to find a new ophthalmologist. Every doctor and neighbor we asked recommended Dr. Nishat Alvi so we each made an initial appointment with her and we’ve never looked back. What's so good about this practice? They are thorough, patient, talented, experienced and professional.
Dr. Alvi is the best!
in Crystal Lake, IL |
I have had continuously improving eyesight and eye health since my first visit at least 8 years ago. I would highly recommend Dr. Alvi to anyone without hesitation. 2 laser surgeries, treatment for glaucoma, on going checkups, and vision tests and prescriptions, all have been outstanding and only what is needed not overly prescribed. As a diabetic, I don't make this recommendation lightly. I will not go anywhere else.
in Marengo, IL |
It’s easy to take good service and expertise for granted. The Specialty Care Institute is one of the Best Around. Dr. Nishat Alvi staff is very knowledgeable and professional in performing my eye exam and did an excellent job of explaining and answering all my question I had. I am always very nervous about going to the eye doctor, but this place is Awesome. The person who did my first set of eye exams was very friendly and fun to talk to. They have the best staff and doctors around.
in Joliet, IL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Alvi's for two years. Because of my condition I see her every three months. I would recommend Dr. Alvi to anyone who requires an Ophthalmologist. She is a very caring person and always provides answers and explanations to any concerns/questions that I raise about my condition.
in Marengo Il |
I've been seeing Dr Nishat Alvi for an eye problem the last couple years. Her staff is friendly & helpful. They have state of the art equipment and explain everything to you. She is a wonderful Dr and top in her field. You are not rushed through your appointment. If you have questions or concerns she will spend time with you and is genuinely concerned. I would highly recommend her to anyone that has any concern with their site!
Barrington, IL |
She is Great... Listen to your issues and guide you in right direction.
in st charles, IL |
by Savita Sutaria August 5th,2016 Dr Nishat Alvi is a wonderful doctor, her staff, tech & front desk are great. She is a careful listener and generous with her time. Dr Nishat has always provided excellent state of the art treatment and documentation. I highly recommend this doctor and her staff.
in Algonquin , IL |
Very good experience from scheduling through exams, recommendations and treatment. Would recommend Dr Nishat Alvi without reservation.
I see Dr. Nishat Alvi in her Barrington office. She is THE most thorough and conscientious ophthalmologist I have ever visited--and I have been seen by many eye specialists over the course of my 63 years. I appreciate the generous time and attention that she and her staff always accord me. It is always a pleasant experience.
in Algonquin, IL |
I came to see Dr. Alvi for a bad case of pink eye that wouldn't resolve on it's own. Dr. Alvi took her time with me and was very kind. She thoroughly explained everything about my condition. I would highly recommend her to my family and friends.
in Lake In the Hills, IL |
I was stuck using Travatan eye drops for my glaucoma which I usually forgot to use due to the inconvenience of remembering to apply them every night. Dr Alvi preformed an SLT Laser proceedure on my eyes in 2012 to allow the pressure to lower naturally. I was a little anxious about having this procedure done to my eyes however it was painless! My eye pressures have been low since the proceedure with no need for pressure drops any longer! I totally trust the skills and knowledge of Dr Alvi.
in Lake in the Hills, Il |
Dr Nishat Alvi and staff are great! Very comfortable experience every time. Would recommend to everyone.
in BHampshire, IL |
Office staff was efficient in appointment making, and operating test equipment. Dr Alvi herself gave a thorough exam and totally explained the results of all tests and exams and was clear in her explanations, asking and answering all of our questions and concerns.
in Fox River Grove, IL |
Several of the eye tests were done by a person who could not use the equipment. Much time spent in re-taking information. The sample eye drops I was given were debilitating. After calling in that information secretary returned my call confused by my reaction. Dr. never called me. I stopped using the medication and sought a second opinion.
Have you seen Dr. Nishat P. Alvi, MD?
Are you Dr. Alvi?

Compare Dr. Alvi

Elgin, IL 60123

Narrow your results

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.

• Ophthalmology

• Blepharitis
  • Blind Hypotensive Eye
  • Cataract
  • Chalazion
  • Choroidal Neovascular Membranes (CNVM)
  • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy

• Glaucoma Treatment
  • Laser Surgery
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Cornell University Med Center New York Ny
    Northwestern University Med Center
    University Of Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary Chicago
    Indiana University / School Of Medicine

Dr. Alvi has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi
  • Urdu

Dr. Alvi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Alvi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Alvi's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Ophthalmology
  • Board certified in Ophthalmology

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Alvi

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Alvi's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Alvi

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients