Dr. Nisha Tung-Takher, MD

Clinical Cardiac ElectrophysiologyFemale

Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology

Dr. Nisha Tung-Takher, MD is a Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiologist in Prescott, AZ. She is affiliated with medical facilities Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix and Yavapai Regional Medical Center. Her office accepts new patients.

Dr. Nisha Tung-Takher, MD

Arizona Heart Institute Ltd Prescott

802 Ainsworth Dr Ste A Prescott, AZ 86301 ()

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiologists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check Dr. Tung-Takher's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Tung-Takher treats this condition more than 98% of her peers

Atrial Fibrillation

Dr. Tung-Takher treats Atrial Fibrillation more than 98% of her peers

Dr. Tung-Takher treats this condition more than 98% of her peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Familial Atrial Fibrillation

Dr. Tung-Takher's conditions and procedures:

• Ablation for Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias
  • Arrhythmias
  • Atrial Fibrillation
  • Atrial Flutter
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Third Degree Heart Block
  • Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors
  • Wolff-Parkinson-White Pattern

Dr. Tung-Takher accepts

Dr. Tung-Takher accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Dr. Tung-Takher's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Tung-Takher

4.4

Dr. Tung-Takher

Dr. Tung is a great doctor
I was referred to Dr. Tung by my home town cardiologist who is also a patient of hers. Dr. Tung performed a cardio oblaison for a persistent afib problem, and I have been virtually afib free since. The skills and talent and command of the technology and science to do this kind of medical procedure is truly amazing to me. Dr Tung is no nonsense and quick paced but very thorough in her explanations and taking the time to fully answer the many questions I had. The staff and support team of Dr Tung are equally skilled and friendly. My experience and outcome were excellent.
Michael Rundlett – May 18, 2022
Amazing Care
Dr. Tung has the most amazing bed size manner of any doctor I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. My husband is her patient and she treats him (and me), like we are family. Her care is amazing, her staff is wonderful and I would recommend her to anyone who needs a cardiac specialist.
Jeanne Walton – May 13, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nisha Tung-Takher, MD?
Dr. Tung is a leading expert in the highly specialized field of Cardiac Electrophysiology. We are so fortunate to have her in our local area! She is forthright, truthful, and has excellent communication skills. She was the first Dr. who fully explained my heart condition to me and explained my choices of treatment. She was my surgeon and I had absolutely no complications during or after my procedure. I followed her post surgical instructions to the letter and healed without any difficulty. I must add that my wife was very stressed before my surgery. Dr. Tung showed great compassion and empathy towards her-which greatly reduced her stress and validated that I had indeed chosen the right Dr. for my serious heart issue. I absolutely recommend Dr. Tung and sincerely hope that she remains at YRMC/Dignity Health Prescott. I look forward to having Dr. Tung as my specialist for years to come.
PDarizona – Jan 20, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nisha Tung-Takher, MD?
Dr. Nisha Tung-Takher is a wonderful, skilled Cardiac electrophysiologist here in Prescott, AZ at Dignity Health YRMC. She gave me a new defibrillator with 2 new leads to my heart to improve my heart function. She and her staff made my wife and I feel loved and cared for during the whole process and we are so happy we did not have to travel to Phoenix and be away from our family for this procedure! Thank you Dr. Tung!
Irvin S. – Nov 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nisha Tung-Takher, MD?
She recently did a Watchman Procedure on me last month. Of course anyone having any kind of procedure or surgery has fears, but I totally trusted her. She has always given me helpful information about my health. I have a-fib and this is a scary condition. I made it through the procedure with no problems. I am now 6 weeks out and so glad I decided to go ahead and get it done. I have a very strong history of strokes in my family so this gave me some comfort that my chances are reduced. I think that we all should be grateful to have such a wonderful Heart Center at YRMC. We have such a high population of retired residents that it is so reassuring to know we don’t have to go out of town for heart issues. I think it is amazing that someone like Dr. Tung chose to come here and practice and spend her life here taking such great care of her patients. I know many people here have a hard time finding physicians to care for them and the waits can be very long and frustrating to them.
Teresa DeMeyer – Aug 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nisha Tung-Takher, MD?
Dr. Tung performed a complex cardiac ablation to restore my heart to normal sinus rhythm after a diagnosis of A-fib. She is a rock star in her field! Her staff is competent and professional. Dr. Tung is thorough, answers all of your questions, and takes the time needed to handle any and all concerns. She is also a caring human being with a great sense of humor and positivity. We are fortunate to have her high level of skill and talent right here in Prescott!
Barbara McCurry – Jul 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nisha Tung-Takher, MD?
Dr. Tung is a caring and expert Dr and has done an amazing job on the unhealthy electrical issues in my heart. She is detailed and determined all the while being compassionate, and understanding. I would be forever grateful for her expert guided hands.
Therese – Jun 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nisha Tung-Takher, MD?
Dr. Tung is extraordinary when it comes to being present to patient communication and having a compassionate ear. She is kind and responsive. The care that her staff provides reflects her attitude as well. My pacemaker implant went smoothly and recovery was easy thanks to her careful guidance and my willingness to follow it.
Jun 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nisha Tung-Takher, MD?
Dr. TUNG is one of the most knowledgeable and professional doctors we have met in Prescott. We felt very comfortable with her clearly explained and beautifully drawn illustration of the Cardiac Ablation procedure to be performed on my husband My husbands experience could not have been better. Doctor Tung found the cause of his irregular heartbeat and made the necessary correction. He experienced no discomfort and his recovery was fast and complete. Doctor Tung is an asset to YRMC and our community as a whole. Her specialty as a Cardiac Electrophysiologist is much needed in Northern Arizona. Many lives can and will be saved through her talent and ability. Thank you Doctor Tung we are eternally grateful.
John and Marsha Williams – May 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nisha Tung-Takher, MD?
Dr. Tung is best of the best. She possesses the knowledge, skill and caring qualities that have delivered the great results I've received as her patient. She evaluated me for a Watchman device, surgically installed the device and has monitored my progress. The procedure was very successful and I am well satisfied with the performance of her entire team of doctors and nurses at YRMC.
  • Long wait times
stephen lusk – May 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nisha Tung-Takher, MD?
What a delightful and knowledgeable physician. I am a medical professional and can see through any BS thrown at me. No BS here. Straight forward as can be! Love her!
Feb 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nisha Tung-Takher, MD?
Dr Tung did a wonderful job dealing with my a-fib issues. Very intelligent did what was necessary. Have not had any issues since my procedure. She said I was a success story, that made my day. Also her NP was very helpful and her RN was always on hand to answer any questions. Dr Tung has nothing but good things to say about her staff and compliments them a lot. Very pleasant office experience.
Feb 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nisha Tung-Takher, MD?
My father and brother-in-law have had her and she is wonderful.
Oct 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nisha Tung-Takher, MD?
Dr. Nisha Tung is the best! She is a very caring Dr with great bedside manner. She takes the time to answer all your questions and explain what your options are and what she thinks is the best course of treatment (and why). She does not sugar coat things which I love! She performed my pacemaker/defibrillator surgery and has performed 2 heart-related ablations on me. Each time she took the time to talk to my wife in the waiting room to explain exactly what she did, how it went and if there were any issues she had. When I have follow-up appts in her office, she has always taken the time to answer our questions. I am so glad that we were referred to her.
Russ K – Oct 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nisha Tung-Takher, MD?
I saw Dr. Tung-Takher for the first time today. I thought my appointment was today but her office has me in on 02/21. But no matter, I got in almost immediately and my ablation is sched for Tuesday next week! I’m so impressed by her warmth, the time she took to explain everything, and her personal approach to her practice.
Peeples Valley, AZ – Feb 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nisha Tung-Takher, MD?
Felt at ease as soon as we met her and it only got better after that.
Yvonne Biancardi in AZ, AZ – Nov 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nisha Tung-Takher, MD?
She is the absolute BEST in her field!!! She is worth trillions! Best training, best bedside manner, best skilled, best everything! If you ever want to ask me questions I will tell you my story....she saved my life in more than one way..would travel to the ends of the earth to be her patient! No one comes close!
Nadine Beaumont in Lake Havasu City, AZ – Dec 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nisha Tung-Takher, MD?
I don't normally write reviews but this one is a huge exception THIS DOCTOR IS DANGEROUS!!! There is NO way I would recommend Dr. Tung to anyone I care for, and lucky you for reading this review because I just might be saving your life as well. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you value your life, choose another doctor. My friends grandmother died because of the COMPLETE carelessness of this doctor. RUN away please. Drive 2 hours to Phoenix there are good SAFE doctors out there.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Prescott Valley, AZ – Mar 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nisha Tung-Takher, MD?
Dr. Tung-Takher has saved my life on more than one occasion! She is the best cardiologist in AZ. Thanks . Dr. Tung-Takher for caring so much about your patients!!!
Jacqueline in Prescott, AZ – Mar 24, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nisha Tung-Takher, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Tung-Takher?