Internal Medicine  |
Female
Dr. Nirmala Akkapeddi, MD
Dr. Nirmala Akkapeddi, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Randolph, NJ. She has been practicing for 37 years. Dr. Akkapeddi is affiliated with Morristown Medical Center.

Summit Medical Group

477 State Route 10 Ste 204

Randolph, NJ 07869

• CoreSource
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Mutual of Omaha
  • National Elevator
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. Akkapeddi

Dr. Akkapeddi's Experience

Dr. Akkapeddi's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Guntur Medical College, Ntr University Of Health Sciences
    Medical School | Graduated 1980
  • United Hosps Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1991
  • Mountainside Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Va Hospital SUNY Stony Brook
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1988

Dr. Akkapeddi has no media or publications listed.

• Telugu

Dr. Akkapeddi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Akkapeddi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Akkapeddi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Akkapeddi to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Akkapeddi's Performance
in Randolph |
My experience with Dr Akkapeddi was that she is a very compassionate and caring human being first and foremost. Second she is a Dr. She wants to know about your life, interests etc so she then can treat you AND that is WHAT IS MISSING IN HEALTH CARE TODAY. We are not numbers we are human beings needing care and compassion from the Dr who treats us for either mental or physical ailments. I highly recommend her, or maybe I shouldn't I don't want her practice to get too crowded.
Somerset, NJ |
Dr Akkapeddi saved my life! She is the MOST caring, knowledgeable & thorough IM physician we know. With a cardiac disease family history, she prompted me to get various tests (including calcium score) & go to a cardiologist she recommended. Long story short (I am not a compliant patient but did f/up) because I had a cardiologist in a Morristown, we drove to the ER there due to shortness of breath, after a nuclear test, seeing calcium score, I had a stent in my LAD before a heart attack! Thank u!
in Randolph NJ |
Dr.A is a friend, not just a doctor . She never judges and makes you feel comfortable . Her staff is kind , responsive and easy to speak to. Dr. A is also a runner and we have shared our love of running! She cares about my family and also sees my mother as a patient. How many doctors today take the time to care? Go see her !
in Newton, nj |
I have been a patient with Dr.Akkepeddi for nearly 20 years. She is one of the most knowledgable and thorough physicians I have ever had the opportunity to be trested by. She had uncovered a few life threatening conditions which I am so thankful for. You will not find a better health advocate for you if she is managing the care of your illness with other Drs.
in Randolph, NJ |
She really listens and gives excellent advice.
in parsippany nj |
Very knowledgeable, excellent bedside manner. Truly cares for patients, and doesn't treat them like items on an assembly line. Only -ve comment: NURSE who tells patients their test results should have a closed office so that waiting room doesn't hear what she is saying. (Debbie is very loud).
in Bridgewater, NJ |
Dr. Akkapedi is an expert in many medical fields. She spends time with her patients not only to explain the conditions but to gather information about their condition, so that an accurate diagnosis can be made quickly. She is known to put all the information dots together and I would recommend her strongly to all my friends and family members.
in East Hanover, NJ |
I am extremely thankful to my former primary care physician, who retired from private practice, for referring me to Dr. Akkapeddi. After being in the care of my former doctor for so many years, I was hesitant at first to see Dr. Akkapeddi. After my first visit, whatever hesitations I felt vanished. I find Dr. Akkapeddi very professional, knowledgeable, experienced, and really cares for the well being of her patients. I will gladly recommend her to my family and friends in a heart beat.
Mount Arlington, NJ |
Dr. Akkapeddia is a wonderful, warm and caring physician. I am familiar with a number of her hew patients as our previous doctor left her practice. Without exception, all (including myself) have been extremely pleased with her and her staff.
South Plainfield, NJ |
Late for scheduled appointments.
in West Milford, NJ |
Treats the patient as a whole, you are not just a lab number. Kind, understanding, caring. Doesn't rush you out the door. Answers all your questions.
in Randolph NJ |
She is the best. More important she cares for her patients.
Randolph, NJ |
Dr. Akkapeddi listens, is kind and caring. Her recommendations appear to be in line with recommended medical practice. I have been generally healthy, so have not had to deal with significant medical issues. Nevertheless, her referrals are thoughtful. I base this on on my own experience as well as the testimony of a family member who also sees Dr. Akkapeddi.
Have you seen Dr. Nirmala Akkapeddi, MD?
Are you Dr. Akkapeddi?

Visit Dr. Akkapeddi

Dr. Akkapeddi accepts 14 insurance carriers
  • CoreSource
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
    Community Blue PPO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Mutual of Omaha