Dr. Nirav Shah, MD

Dr. Shah
Telehealth services available

Princeton Brain Spine and Sports Medicine

731 Alexander Rd Princeton, NJ 08540

Dr. Nirav Shah, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Princeton, NJ. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Capital Health Medical Center - Hopewell and Capital Health Regional Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Shah to book an appointment.

Compare with other Neurosurgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Shah with our nearby Neurosurgery Specialists at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset.

These providers are on the medical staff of Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset.

Dr. Shah's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Shah

88.73239436619718%

Dr. Shah
I went to see him on April 16th, after my primary had personally called his office after a questionable MRI, & was not “squeezed” in for over 3 weeks. Of course his one and only suggestion was that “surgery is the only option & should be done ASAP” & was promptly scheduled during that visit for April 28th (not even two full weeks later & without me given any time to think about it) The next day you will be BOMBARDED with calls from the surgical coordinator (who was EXTREMELY rude and demanding about needing a current EKG & refused to listen when I repeatedly explained that I had one done within 6 months and should be still valid- that made her angry and she began yelling), the surgical center, billing (of course they want money ASAP), and the physical therapist Dr. Shah is “connected to”...PT was very friendly but annoyed that Im not the first patient sent by Shah to basically “fail” to look good for insurance purposes. Get to surgery and never saw Shah who was already gone when I woke
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Amy C – Apr 29, 2021
Dr. Shah is the best. I also saw Tony Luongo who is an excellent ANP. Answered questions and explained my surgery and the follow up. I am extremely happy with this practice.
Dr. Shah – Mar 19, 2021
Dr. Shah is an excellent doctor. He is compassionate, easy to talk to, and takes time to explain his diagnosis. What is really nice is that he also takes time to listen to you. You know that you made a wise choice to have him as your doctor.
PD – Mar 04, 2021
All I can say is Dr. Shah’s was the fifth and final 2nd opinion that I had, as I consulted with several doctors before him. “The Doc”, as I refer to him, looked over my images, read my reports, and explained to me in terms that were understandable exactly what the prognosis was, and how he was going to address it. I felt very comfortable with him personally performing my surgery. BTW, surgery went extremely well, my neck has been pain free, and the nerve damage in my hands appears to be healing, as the Doc said they will. I can’t begin to thank you enough Doc!!!
John Moss – Feb 24, 2021
Ok let me start by saying PLEASE PLEASE do NOT let dr.shah ever ever touch you it will be the biggest MISTEAK of yo ur life trust me please ...so i been meaning to write this review for 2 years and could never get myself to do til now and im not doing it for me im doing to save you your life the life this man took from me in april 2018 he did a Laminectomy on my lower back well needless to say only a few days later i developed a bad csf leak and was back in the or to come out and be in icu for quite some time ok so i was discharged from the icu yes the icu not to rehab or step down well i knew something was wrong BIG time as soon as i left i fought for a very long time to find out what it was well come to find out based on my opertaive reports there was ALOT OF THINGS THAT SHOULD NOT BEEN DONE there were things that should of been done that were NOT so i finally got my diagnosis and it was CRPS the world most debilitating disease known to man kind so now i suffer from CPTSD cause this
Sharon A Monica – Nov 08, 2020
A very compassionate physician. He listens to you and explains everything. Spends more time with you than all other drs combined. A very skilled dr
Feb 20, 2020
With the exception of skill, being trust worthy is at the top of the list. Dr. Shah presents as friendly and engaging however never lose site he's working for the insurance (NJM). When the prescribed care of a patient is dictated by insurance and not medical outcomes based on evidence. Skill means nothing. I say with certainty this clinician will leave a bad taste in your mouth. Bring a court appointed surrogate to every office visit/ audio-video record every word that comes out of his mouth. Then and only then you might have have a 50/50 chance.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
DAREL – Nov 21, 2019
Dr.Shah is a truly great doctor including the nurses and reception workers. Dr.Shah operated on ny neck in 2015 installing 6 screws and plate to very displaced neck and since have been great, gave me my life back. I just needed another surgery for my lower L3,L4,L5 and has again taken away the pain!!! Dr.Shah is when you meet him is like your best friend! Great manners and professional but great amazing doctor!!!!!!
Joe Dominguez – Aug 08, 2019
He did a great job on my neck.
Jul 29, 2019
Dr. Shah is a great doctor! He was able to reduce my pain significantly. I would recommend him to anyone!
Jun 21, 2019
I am really thankful and grateful to have Dr. Shah and Dr. Joseffer perform my surgery. They changed my life and I feel awesome. Their professionalism and practice really speaks volume. I am so satisfied words cannot explain how I feel. They made my surgery seamless and through my entire recuperation. A big kudos to both of them.
Jun 20, 2019
Diagnosed with herniated disk L4, L5 was referred to Princeton Brain & Spine by Bill Scott. Dr. Shah was able to schedule me for surgery quickly. 7 weeks after surgery I'm moving around and getting more mobility back in my left foot, thanks to Dr. Shah. Couldn't be more happier with the results. Another 6 weeks of PT I will be back to normal routine. Can't thank Dr. Shah and the Princeton Brain & Spine Center.
May 21, 2019
Dr. Shah and his staff are wonderful. Their professionalism and compassion are more than I expected. My surgery went well and they made sure everything that was going to happen and was always very helpful when I did have questions or paperwork that needed attention. I could not have made a better decision for my healthcare.
Apr 26, 2019
A family friend recommended Dr. Shah. I went to him after several years of dealing with numerous other doctors and chronic pain everyday. Dr. Shah, Toni and his staff were fabulous. He listens to your concerns and has a great bedside manner. He is personable and explains everything. He provided the information that I needed to make an informed decision. I never felt any pressure to have surgery or not. I am very happy that I had surgery. It has been well worth it. I highly recommend Dr. Shah and his team.
Apr 25, 2019
I had spinal fusion surgery with Dr. Shah. I could not sit, sleep, walk, go up stairs, stretch, bend, or do much of anything else. A coworker of mine was wearing a back brace and referred me to see him. I am so grateful I found him. He gave me my life back. He's a wonderful listener and takes time with his patients. I highly recommend him to anyone who is experiencing back pain.
Apr 10, 2019
Dr. Shah was extremely personable and answered all my questions
Apr 05, 2019
When I first saw Dr. Shah, I was experiencing chronic pain everyday, and Dr. Shah worked tirelessly for my recovery. He performed surgery and now I have no pain at all. I highly recommend seeing him, he really changed my life.
Apr 04, 2019
Tremendous care! I had pain for 2 years, and seeing Dr. Shah cured me from my pain. Highly recommend you see Dr. Shah for any neurosurgical needs.
Apr 03, 2019
Very kind and good doctor. Had a great outcome from surgery. Got my life back. Highly recommend this practice.
Apr 01, 2019
The doctor took his time to explain the surgery that he recommended to me. Going to surgery is a difficult experience and he made it very easy to understand. I highly recommend him.
Mar 21, 2019

How was your experience with Dr. Shah?

• Neurosurgery