Dr. Nirav Shah, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 44

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Nirav Shah, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Palos Heights, IL. Dr. Shah has extensive experience in Shoulder & Upper Arm Surgery. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Advocate Christ Hospital and Medical Center and Palos Community Hospital. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Nirav Shah, MD

Parkview Orthopaedic Group

7600 W College Dr Ste 3 Palos Heights, IL 60463 ()

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Shah with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

Make an appointment at Northwestern Memorial Hospital today at (312) 620-1271.

These providers are on the medical staff of Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

Dr. Shah's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Shah

Dr. Shah

Winner winner chicken dinner
Dr Shah successful surgically repaired my rotator cuff in right shoulder and torn meniscus in knee, and alleviated arthritic pain in left shoulder without surgery. Easy to get appointments. He and his staff provide good care. Highly recommend.
Tim D – May 17, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
I would advise anyone with a Workers Comp Injury not to go to Dr Shah. I was treated dreadfully as he was not getting paid quick enough. I left that place several times in tears with how he spoke to me. It was wrong and I am still deeply hurt by it.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Eileen walczak – Feb 16, 2022
Excellent ACL Knee Ligament Surgeon
Excellent surgeon and staff. He fixed my ACL and gave me great care before during and after surgery. I did my physio at Parkview also and they did a great job to get me back to work quickly as well as help me with getting stronger. Highly recommend this doctor and his staff and office.
Tina – Feb 07, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
Dr. Shah performed reverse total shoulder replacements in both my shoulders and I haven't felt this good in a long time. I am very active, I travel and play golf and no longer have any pain and can do things I haven't been able to do in a long time. Very grateful for his expertise. He is excellent.
David K – Sep 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
Dr. Shah performed a shoulder replacement in me 3 years ago. My only regret is that I wish I did it sooner. I went home the same day as my surgery. Had no pain, and my arthritis pain was gone immediately. I am able to enjoy my family, gardening, and even golf now that I am pain free. He has an excellent bedside manner and thoroughly explains everything.
M Yen – Aug 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
Dr. Shah was very thorough and his staff was very helpful and kind in going out of there way to expedite my MRI. I ended up needed ligament reconstruction in my knee, and everything went smoothly from the day of surgery and after. I felt the entire time that I was in the safest and best hands.
AB – Jul 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
I came to Dr. Shah and his staff at Parkview for a second opinion after seeing another surgeon in Orland Park. Dr. Shah and his staff were kind and he was thorough with the explanation of the problem, gave me options for physical therapy in office or with a home program app that he uses called myHealthTrack. I did both PT and myHealthTrack after shoulder surgery with him and I am doing great.
Donald D – Jul 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
I am very grateful that it was Dr. Shah who operated on my arm and shoulder. I couldn’t have been helped by a better doctor. He is very professional, knowledgeable, and personable at the same time. Thank you, Dr. Shah.
Michal D. – Jul 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
Had surgery with Dr. Shah after a nasty basketball knee injury left me with a torn ACL and menisus. I heard from other friends and family very positive things about Dr. Shah demeanor, skills and overall very good reviews. He has been great. Spent a lot of time with me before surgery, explained the surgery, gave me different options for the graft that he would use to reconstruct my knee. In the end I settled on using my own hamstring tendon to reconstruct my ACL and I am glad I went with that option. I was able to weight on the leg immediately after surgery, a little bit of pain for a few days, but nothing extraordinary, started rehab right away and Dr. Shah had a very detailed protocol for me to use at home and with the therapist and I am doing awesome. Other people at the Athletico therapy place in Chicago that I go to are amazed at how quickly I am progressing. On the day of my surgery, I also found out from the nurses in the surgery center that they all say Dr. Shah is amazing an
YT – Apr 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
I went to Dr. Shah for shoulder pain after a reccomendation from a co-worker. I was very happy with Dr. Shah's recommendations treatment and help. My shoulder pain is now a lot better with his care and treatment. Highly Recommend him to everyone.
Mike – Jan 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
I tore my ACL playing basketball at college - I was devastated. My coach and trainers recommended I go see Dr. Shah. He spent a lot of time with me discussed the injury, the surgery, the recovery, and help me get my MRI right away and talked to my parents to calm them as well. My surgery went nicely. ACL surgery is not easy to recover from, but I'm glad I went to Dr. Shah, I am doing well 2 weeks after surgery with walking, discontinue brace and leg getting better and stronger. I know I will be back playing basketball soon and it is time to put my effort in so I can go become elitist profesional like in my country. But anyway, everyone with knee injury go see Dr. Shah. He great.
Bojan – Jan 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
Office clean, safe. Very efficient with scheduling process. Dr. Shah came into the examination room asked me questions, listened to my problem and then took time to examine my shoulder and arm with some testing. He figured out the problem, ordered an MRI, I saw him again later that week, reviewed the findings with me explained why I needed surgery, and the surgery in detail with recovery. I had surgery, doing awesome. He's excellent and doesn't waste time with figuring out the problem quickly, giving recommendations, and getting me better fast.
Vance – Jan 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
I went to Dr. Shah for a 2nd opinion for my knee pain after seeing someone at Rush. He spent the appropriate amount of time, explained my condition, performed an exam and came up with well thought out options for me to consider. He was very kind and personable. An excellent visit.
Katie C. – Jan 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
I had a really bad shoulder injury falling off my bike with broken bone and dislocation. Another doctor missed that it was dislocated, saw Dr. Shah and recognized the problem right away and fixed me right away. The recovery will be long, but Dr. Shah was very kind and put me back together. I am so grateful that I saw him and that he fixed me. I am not taking any pain medications thanks to his expertise.
Weiss – Oct 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
He took really good care of me and my family members that needed to see an ortho surgeon for our shoulder problems. We refer our friends to him, and he takes great care of them as well. We applaud him for always being available for us, even during the pandemic. He has a great reputation and really cares about his patient, which is so hard to find these days and so important.
Eric – Sep 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
I tore my ACL playing soccer at college - I was devastated. My coach and trainers recommended I go see Dr. Shah. He spent a lot of time with me discussed the injury, the surgery, the recovery, and went out of his way to help me get my MRI right away and talked to my parents to calm them as well. My surgery went very well, and I plan to be back on the pitch in no time. Dr. Shah is the best surgeon around and has the best demeanor for injured athletes.
Roger Soccer – Sep 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
Great experience. People working in the office all very nice and quick to offer a hand and help answer logistical questions. Dr. Shah himself is very pleasant, explains everything, and really has a knack for anticipating questions and answering them while I was thinking about them. Never fun having to go to a doc for shoulder pain, but no one is better than Dr. Shah and his team.
Taik – Sep 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
My daughter dislocated her shoulder playing basketball. She needed surgery, and we choose Dr. Shah because of recommendations from friends. He was very kind with his time, explained everything making sure we were comfortable with the plan and the map to get her back to playing again. She had surgery 4 weeks ago and is well on the road to recovery. Highly recommend Dr. Shah and his entire time at Parkview.
Lisa – Sep 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
From the time my 17 year old daughter, and I walked into Dr. Shah's office following her ACL tear, we knew we were in the right hands. His entire team - Nate, Kara Lynn, Michelle and Dr. Shah were informative, compassionate and knowledgeable. They turned what was a scary situation into one my daughter almost felt excited about. We had been been to another clinic and met with another Dr. because we thought that was the only option we had. My friend who works for Palos Health said “no, you have to go to Dr. Shah” and I thank God every day I picked up that phone. After hearing how in demand Dr. Shah is and how sometimes it’s hard to get in, I was relieved we got in relatively quickly for surgery. We are almost 6 month post op and my daughter is ready to return to sports for her upcoming senior year. Thank you Dr. Shah and team!!! We couldn’t be more thankful!! Her surgery was at Surgical Center at Great Lakes top notch facility with the most caring nurses.
Desiree – Aug 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
Saw Dr. Shah for both of my knees which have been bothering me for many years. He explained the condition, how to best treat it and what to do to maintain their health. I am glad I sought out his opinion. Excellent visit.
Greg – Aug 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Shah?