Dr. Nirav Shah, MD

Dr. Shah
Telehealth services available

Parkview Orthopaedic Group

7600 W College Dr Ste 3 Palos Heights, IL 60463

Dr. Nirav Shah, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Palos Heights, IL. Dr. Shah has more experience with Shoulder & Upper Arm Surgery than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Advocate Christ Hospital and Medical Center and Palos Community Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Shah to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Shah with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital.

Make an appointment at Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital today at (630) 360-2663.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital.

Dr. Shah's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Shah

Dr. Shah?
  • Office environment (189)
  • Staff friendliness (187)
  • Explained conditions well (186)
  • Appointment was rushed (16)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (15)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (14)
Had surgery with Dr. Shah after a nasty basketball knee injury left me with a torn ACL and menisus. I heard from other friends and family very positive things about Dr. Shah demeanor, skills and overall very good reviews. He has been great. Spent a lot of time with me before surgery, explained the surgery, gave me different options for the graft that he would use to reconstruct my knee. In the end I settled on using my own hamstring tendon to reconstruct my ACL and I am glad I went with that option. I was able to weight on the leg immediately after surgery, a little bit of pain for a few days, but nothing extraordinary, started rehab right away and Dr. Shah had a very detailed protocol for me to use at home and with the therapist and I am doing awesome. Other people at the Athletico therapy place in Chicago that I go to are amazed at how quickly I am progressing. On the day of my surgery, I also found out from the nurses in the surgery center that they all say Dr. Shah is amazing an
YT – Apr 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
I went to Dr. Shah for shoulder pain after a reccomendation from a co-worker. I was very happy with Dr. Shah's recommendations treatment and help. My shoulder pain is now a lot better with his care and treatment. Highly Recommend him to everyone.
Mike – Jan 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
I tore my ACL playing basketball at college - I was devastated. My coach and trainers recommended I go see Dr. Shah. He spent a lot of time with me discussed the injury, the surgery, the recovery, and help me get my MRI right away and talked to my parents to calm them as well. My surgery went nicely. ACL surgery is not easy to recover from, but I'm glad I went to Dr. Shah, I am doing well 2 weeks after surgery with walking, discontinue brace and leg getting better and stronger. I know I will be back playing basketball soon and it is time to put my effort in so I can go become elitist profesional like in my country. But anyway, everyone with knee injury go see Dr. Shah. He great.
Bojan – Jan 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
Office clean, safe. Very efficient with scheduling process. Dr. Shah came into the examination room asked me questions, listened to my problem and then took time to examine my shoulder and arm with some testing. He figured out the problem, ordered an MRI, I saw him again later that week, reviewed the findings with me explained why I needed surgery, and the surgery in detail with recovery. I had surgery, doing awesome. He's excellent and doesn't waste time with figuring out the problem quickly, giving recommendations, and getting me better fast.
Vance – Jan 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
I went to Dr. Shah for a 2nd opinion for my knee pain after seeing someone at Rush. He spent the appropriate amount of time, explained my condition, performed an exam and came up with well thought out options for me to consider. He was very kind and personable. An excellent visit.
Katie C. – Jan 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
I had a really bad shoulder injury falling off my bike with broken bone and dislocation. Another doctor missed that it was dislocated, saw Dr. Shah and recognized the problem right away and fixed me right away. The recovery will be long, but Dr. Shah was very kind and put me back together. I am so grateful that I saw him and that he fixed me. I am not taking any pain medications thanks to his expertise.
Weiss – Oct 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
My daughter dislocated her shoulder playing basketball. She needed surgery, and we choose Dr. Shah because of recommendations from friends. He was very kind with his time, explained everything making sure we were comfortable with the plan and the map to get her back to playing again. She had surgery 4 weeks ago and is well on the road to recovery. Highly recommend Dr. Shah and his entire time at Parkview.
Lisa – Sep 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
From the time my 17 year old daughter, and I walked into Dr. Shah's office following her ACL tear, we knew we were in the right hands. His entire team - Nate, Kara Lynn, Michelle and Dr. Shah were informative, compassionate and knowledgeable. They turned what was a scary situation into one my daughter almost felt excited about. We had been been to another clinic and met with another Dr. because we thought that was the only option we had. My friend who works for Palos Health said “no, you have to go to Dr. Shah” and I thank God every day I picked up that phone. After hearing how in demand Dr. Shah is and how sometimes it’s hard to get in, I was relieved we got in relatively quickly for surgery. We are almost 6 month post op and my daughter is ready to return to sports for her upcoming senior year. Thank you Dr. Shah and team!!! We couldn’t be more thankful!! Her surgery was at Surgical Center at Great Lakes top notch facility with the most caring nurses.
Desiree – Aug 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
Saw Dr. Shah for both of my knees which have been bothering me for many years. He explained the condition, how to best treat it and what to do to maintain their health. I am glad I sought out his opinion. Excellent visit.
Greg – Aug 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
I have had shoulder pain and stiffness for sometime, I saw Dr. Shah he explained the problem, talked about the best treatment going forward and his opinion was that we could solve the problem without surgery. With one cortione injection some directed physio with home stretches, I am 100% better. Dr. Shah clearly is an excellent surgeon from other reviews I read, but he also is an excellent doctor that genuinely cares and was able to get me better without needing surgery. I am grateful for his knowledge and good care.
Kelly – Jul 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
Dr. Shah fixed my knee after an ACL injury. 3 months after the surgery I feel great, back working out in my gym with no pain and super stable knee. He is the best.
Work Out Fiend – Jul 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
Dr. shah saw me for knee pain, was very nice and explained everything very well
Basivec – Jul 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
Injured my knee during the coronavirus lockdown while trying to do yard work. Dr. Shah saw me immediately, was kind and generous with his time. Helped me set up therapy and get my MRI right away. I had a torn ligament in my knee which he explained very well and showed me pictures. He is an outstanding surgeon, and was able to my surgery in a few days at an outpatient surgical center and I went home the same day so I didn't have to worry about going to a hospital. I am doing very well, not taking any pain medicine and rehab is going excellent. I fill fitter and stronger then before my injury already.
Kimberly – Jul 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
I had a very good visit with doctor. He explained problem. Obtained MRI quickly to help guide treatment, and now I am a lot better after he treat me. Very good doctor.
Vera – Jul 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
Not good. Didn’t relieve pain in knee after surgery. Then claimed it was arthritis though I was never told I had arthritis after initial exam or MRI. Very poor bedside manner as well.
Jul 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
Unfortunately my husband's experience was not a good one. He felt rushed to do shoulder replacement surgery & was told that if he waited he would lose use of his arm. Fortunately he was able to get a 2nd opinion quickly & surgery was avoided. Easy exercises have improved his range of motion dramatically & a cortisone shot helped with pain. Dr. Shah's assistant said that cortisone shots interfere with good surgical outcomes; so they are not recommended- although, in Dr. Shah's report to our GP, he stated that he offered that option - he did not, otherwise my husband would have taken the shot. Red flags were raised in other areas as well. Dr. Shah may be a brilliant surgeon but we felt uncomfortable with his process.
Jun 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
Dr. Shah fixed my shoulder rotator cuff and biceps. I am a weightlifter, and am feeling great confident and strong. Dr. Shah is a great doctor and an excellent surgeon.
Sam E – Jun 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
Repaired a knee ligament after a snowmobile accident and I am back to normal after surgery in the winter. He did a fantastic job.
Mark – Jun 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
Dr. Shah performed a shoulder replacement on me. He assured me of all the precautions being taking at a surgical center as it relates to COVID. I went home the same day. I saw other shoulder replacement doctors and they refused to do my surgery because it was too difficult for them and they said I would have to stay overnight from 1-5 days in hospitals which I did not feel safe or comfortable with. My shoulder feels great, Dr. Shah did a great job and feel a lot better than before. Great doctor, reassuring honest, and has your best interest in mind
DM – May 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?
I guess my surgery went well but I'm still in pain due to other complications. I have yet to see Dr. Shah after my surgery only to see his assistant he's fine but he didn't perform the surgery I'm not progressing well therapy is on hold. I'm not happy.
DAVID ROGERS – Mar 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nirav Shah, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Shah?

Dr. Shah treats patients from all walks of life including athletes ranging from little leaguers, club players, weekend warriors, high school, collegiate,...Read more

Orthopaedic Surgery, Sports Medicine & Arthroscopic Surgery of the Knee, Shoulder, Elbow

Dr. Shah is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon...

• Emergency Sports Medicine