Dr. Nina E. Cerfolio, MD

Dr. Nina E. Cerfolio, MD

Psychiatry | Female | 57 years old

18 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

As a board certified psychiatrist and psychoanalyst, I work with patients in a nonjudgmental, collaborative partnership to focus on constructive steps towards improving emotional wellness. For many years, I've been working with patients to relieve emotional suffering through dialogue, self- exploration, and reflection. In my practice, I use psychoanalytic and solution based therapies to guide my patients to transcend life challenges and emotional obstacles.Read more

Dr. Cerfolio's Experience

See how Dr. Cerfolio's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Cerfolio

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Cerfolio has admitting privileges.

Dr. Cerfolio's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cerfolio to family and friends
Dr. Cerfolio Says:

It is an honor and inspirational to be trusted to work with each of my patients and see their change. I appreciate all your time in providing a patient survey. This will help me provide the best care. If you feel that you received great service, please tell a family member of friend.

Dr. Cerfolio's Performance
nyc, ny |
I’ve been in treatment with Dr Cerfoilo for almost a year now and she has helped me tremendously. I feel very lucky to have found her.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Cerfolio is both compassionate and knowledgeable!
in Brooklyn, NY |
When I began working with Nina I was completely phobic regarding the drugs that could possibly help my depression (what if they made things worse). With patience and encouragement offered in a compassionate and altogether rational approach she brought me through this challenge and basically cured my depression. That was 1994. She has subsequently been there for me over the years when I needed adjustments or just perspective on life's other challenges. She gives excellent perspective.
in New York, NY |
With a combination of advanced skills, compassion, dedication, strength, and kindhearted spirit, Dr. Cerfolio is truly an exceptional psychiatrist. I can honestly say that working with Dr. Cerfolio has had a very significant and positive impact on my life; for which I am so very grateful.
in New York, NY |
Nina is always great to work with as she brings energy, enthusiasm, and compassion to her work.
in New York, NY |
My appointments have been extremely helpful and have helped me think of my situation in a new way. She is patient and alert and she listens to what I have to say.
in New York, NY |
Easy to talk to, empathetic, professional but a real person!
Have you seen Dr. Nina E. Cerfolio, MD?
Are you Dr. Cerfolio?

Compare Dr. Cerfolio

Dr. Cerfolio's Care Philosophy

As a board certified psychiatrist and psychoanalyst, I work with patients in a nonjudgmental, collaborative partnership to focus on constructive steps towards improving emotional wellness. For many years, I've been working with patients to relieve emotional suffering through dialogue, self- exploration, and reflection. In my practice, I use psychoanalytic  and solution based therapies to guide my patients to transcend life challenges and emotional obstacles.

Dr. Cerfolio says...

As a psychiatrist with over 29 years of practice, I have extensive medical training as a consultation/ liaison psychiatrist and postgraduate training as a psychoanalyst. My approach to patient care is empathic, holistic, and individualized. Special interests are in fostering creativity as a way to find relief from pain and suffering.

Dr. Cerfolio says...

As a national and international trauma psychiatrist, I have worked with the homeless in New York City, victims of ground zero, refugees of the Chechen genocide, and Nepalese people in the most remote region of Nepal who do not recieve medical care. As part of my humanitarian work, I appeared on WNBC news many times in an attempt to calm New Yorkers' fears due to subsequent anthrax poisoning of the postal workers and other perceived terror threats. My counseling workers at Ground Zero was featured in the Yomiuri Shimbun, which is a Japanese national newspaper and has the largest newspaper distribution in the world. In addition, I co-created "The Grief Relief Network" to allow family members who lost loved ones connect with each other to provide additional emotional support.

Dr. Cerfolio says...

Dr. Cerfolio's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Psychiatry

Dr. Cerfolio has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Cerfolio's Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depression
  • Disordered Eating
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

• Other Education
    Nyu Postdoctoral Program In Psychoanalysis

Completed in 2012

• French

Dr. Cerfolio does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cerfolio and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry
  • Adult Psychoanalysis

• Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Medication Management
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Psychotherapy for Crisis
  • Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
  • Stress Management