Dr. Nimesh Patel, MD

Dr. Nimesh Patel, MD

Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Nimesh Patel, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Mansfield, TX. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 8 years. Dr. Patel is affiliated with Methodist Hospital for Surgery, Methodist Mansfield Medical Center, Methodist Dallas Medical Center and Methodist Charlton Medical Center.

2800 E Broad St Ste 514

Mansfield, TX 76063

(214) 948-2076

• Accountable Health Plans of America
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • HealthSmart

Learn about Dr. Patel

See how frequently Dr. Patel performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
Spinal Fusion
Low Back Pain

Dr. Patel's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Patel "Quality, compassionate, advanced care for brain, back, neck, and spinal disorders and trauma at the Methodist Moody Brain and Spine Institute."

• Neurosurgery

• Broken Neck
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease

• Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neck Surgery

• Rush University Med Ctr
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2004
  • Rush University Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Patel has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Patel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Patel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Patel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Patel to family and friends
Dr. Patel's Performance
in Arlington, TX |
Best doctor I have ever seen. I went through ALMOST A YEAR of back pain and misery. Nobody was able to help me, and only some things worked temporarily. I came to see Dr. Patel and after looking at my MRI scans, he knew immediately what to do. He came to me with the most confidence I have seen in a DR and told me exactly what I needed. I did the surgery and I feel a million times better. I can finally live my life again with my family and friends. Thank you so much Dr. Patel!
in Alto, Texas |
Dr Patel did my neck surgery and I have been pain-free since surgery. He and his office staff were so kind, friendly, and helpful. I had my surgery at the main Methodist Hospital and the neuro staff were above and beyond any inpatient care I have ever had.
in Mesquite, TX |
I had been dealing with debilitating back pain for the past 12 years. Consulting with Dr. Patel, he was very patient I didn't feel rushed he took the time to listen and discuss my problem areas the lower lumbar and thoracic. After surgeries to fix both areas I can wake up with no pain in the mornings. He gave me my life back. I highly recommend Dr. Patel to others who were told they had to have an open procedure. He was able to repair my issues laparoscopically , when others could not.
in Mansfield, TX |
I cannot say enough about how amazing Dr. Patel is at what he does. From the initial consultation to post-surgery follow-up, Dr. Patel was professional, personable, and beyond kind. He is the best surgeon around. His staff is so kind and welcoming and handled the insurance approvals perfectly (even Blue Cross told me this staff was amazing). If you are looking for a neurosurgeon, Dr. Nimesh Patel is by far the best in the DFW area. He is highly skilled with an amazing bedside manner.
in Dallas, TX |
I am a 67 year old female and this is the 2nd experience I have had with Dr. Nimesh Patel. Both times he did exactly what he said he was going to do and the outcome was exactly as stated. His expertise, in my opinion, is impeccable. I had little to no down time after both surgeries. I have recommended two of my friends to him because of the outcome of my procedures. I would recommend anyone to him. He is great!!
in Duncanville, TX |
Dr. Nimesh Patel performed minimally invasive back surgery on June 20, 2017, after almost 9 years of pain in my back and right hip and leg! Pain was gone when I woke up in recovery! I will be forever grateful to this kind, compassionate, skilled neurosurgeon! I feel like a new woman and I know it will only get better from here! Highly recommend Dr. Nimesh H. Patel! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!?? Have already recommended him to one of my acquaintances!
dallas, tx |
Highly recommended to anyone having back issues!
Mansfield, TX |
Dr. Patel performed a simple laminectomy on my dad and the whole process was seamless. From the initial appointment to the actual surgery date, it only took about a couple of weeks. Dr. Patel and his entire team including Melva were extremely caring and my dad was able to get out of all of his appointments including surgery in a very timely manner. We would highly recommend Dr. Nimesh Patel.
Dallas, TX |
Best doctor I have ever been treated by.
in Crandall, TX |
I entrusted Dr. Patel to perform an anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF) for my herniated C5/C6 discs. I found Dr. Patel's confidence and professionalism to be very reassuring as it was the primary reason I selected him to perform my operation. Dr. Patel was very forthcoming on explaining every step of the procedure and what to expect during my recovery. I am now 4 1/2 weeks post op and have returned to many of my pre-surgery activities (within reason). Definitely recommend.
in Granbury, TX |
I went from unbearable pain and unable to stand or walk more that a minute or two to a restored life. My pain was so unbearable, that I arrived at the hospital in a wheel chair and hours later after surgery I walked out pain free. Other than a mild tenderness from the surgery site I had no pain. This man gave me my quality of life back!
in Avery, TX |
Minimally invasive back surgery 2 weeks ago and I feel like a new person, virtually pain free after many years of lower back pain. If you are considering back surgery you should definitely consider Dr Nimish Patel. He is an amazing person and surgeon. He was rated as a preferred provider with my insurance and I now know why. 2 more weeks and I am free to carry on with my new lease on life. #onehappyguy
Mansfield, TX |
My son went to Dr. Patel with a herniation at C6-7 and was is great pain. That was on a Wednesday and thanks to Dr.Patel and his wonderful staff, the surgery was the following Tuesday and his pain was immediately relieved. They were so professional and empathetic to us and made a frightening experience so much easier.
in Mansfield, TX |
Without question I am glad I was referred to Dr Patel by my PT. I was in need of having c5-c7 worked on due to pressure being placed on my spine and the pain from it. Dr Patel and staff were very professional and explained clearly what was going on and the steps needed to resolve it. My experience from first visit, pre-op, surgery itself, and post-op were all top notch 5 stars. Highly recommend.
in Grand Prairie, TX |
After seeing many doctors I found Dr Patel. He was able to help me with my severe neck pain with surgery and now I am pain free and drug free. He is very personable and has a wonderful bed side manner. He explained the procedure thoroughly so I knew hat to expect, but it actually exceeded my expectations. My recovery was even less time the expected. I highly recommend Dr Patel to anyone who needs any kind of spine surgery. Dr Patel is the Best!
in Ennis Texas |
Had minimal invasive back surgery for spinal stenosis 1/27/17. Been a little over a month since the surgery. I have nothing but praise for Dr. Patel and his staff. Before surgery the radiating pains in my left leg prevented me from exercising or just walking without major discomfort. I left the hospital the same day! No pain,no discomfort. I felt and still feel better then l have in years. Thank you Dr. Patel, you were even better then I heard you were.
in Dallas, TX |
I am a happy woman after spine surgery. I didn't realize how much pain I had until surgery stopped the pain. This treatment exceeded my expectations. My experience with Dr Nimesh Patel, his Nurse Practitioner & Medical Assistant has been the best I've ever had. I work as ICU RN. The nerve pains from herniated disc were so bad I wasn't sure I could do my job but the repair was successful & I'm back at work. I saw him at Dallas office.
in Wills Point, TX |
Dr Patel is excellent ! I have had surgery on my cervical region (09/27/2016) and surgery on my lumbar region (12/01/2016). Both surgeries went very well, very little pain afterwards and recovery appears to be doing very well also. Dr Patel is sincere, very professional and friendly at the same time. I very well respect his talents. His office staff is excellent and his surgery team is excellent. It all went great. I would highly recommend and will refer all my friends to Dr Patel.
in Rowlett, TX |
After suffering with debilitating back pain for ten years, I sought assistance in mitigating my pain. Dr. Patel was extremely knowledgeable and thorough in his explanation of his diagnosis and the prognosis for recovery. I am overwhelming pleased with my procedure and the experience. If you seeking a resolution for your pain, I give him my highest recommendation and praise. He is staff is equally courteous, professional and eager to aid their patients.
in Mesquite, TX |
As a Nursing Administrative Supervisor at a local Dallas area hospital I am very particular with the "who, what, when & where" of any healthcare that I receive. Dr Nimesh H. Patel and his TEAMS (surgical & office) are the absolute BEST! I could not be more pleased with my surgical experience & outcome. He & his staff would say ..."expect this or possibly expect that" and they were right everytime. Explanation of procedure & hospital care were excellent. I highly recommend this TEAM.
in Alto, Texas |
Dr Patel is very compassionate and does excellent work. His office staff are easy to talk to and have your best interests at heart. I have referred friends, my mother, and my husband to him.
in dallas, tx |
I had back surgery in 2000 and was out of commission for four months so I dreaded having to have back surgery again. I was in pain for about a year before deciding that I could no longer handle the pain. A relative had back surgery and was up the same day. The surgeon was Dr. Patel. I called and got an appointment and from there forward, the experience has been wonderful. I was able to walk the same day; drive the next day and back at work in a week (AND ALMOST 70!) best DR. in the world!!
in Mansfield, Texas |
He was a great surgeon and very good at explaining to me what was going on in my body so that I could understand it. And he is not so bad to look at either!
in Desoto, TX |
Dr. Patel is extremely knowledgeable and is able to translate the information that in order that you can understand. He has excellent bedside manners and personable.
in West, TX |
Dr. Patel was very friendly and explained my procedure simply and clearly and made me feel very comfortable about my surgery. It has been 2 weeks since my procedure and I am able to sleep without pain and walk about faster and faster each day. I know I will be back gardening very soon. I would recommend anyone who is considering have surgery in the area of his expertise to strongly consider him for your procedure. He was an answer to my prayer.
in Mansfield, Texas |
Dr. Patel performed two surgeries on me. One surgery was minor and the other was not minor. He listened to my needs and concerns and we came up with a solution. Dr. Patel was upfront about the severity of the surgery and did not sugar coat it, which is what I needed. He always had time for questions and I never heard him sound rushed to be off to the next patient if we had questions. The surgery was a life changer! He and all the staff I was in contact with were friendly and professional.
in Richardson, TX |
Dr. Patel is an outstanding doctor who went the extra mile to take care of me and did so in such a way that I was always comfortable with what was happening and what treatment was going to be done. I had a complex back issue with two degenerated discs, after surgery I was up and walking again. This was all due to Dr. Patel's skill as a surgeon!
in Sachse, TX |
Do you need your pain resolved? Do you need an excellent neuro surgeon? Well, then Dr. Patel is your man! Outstanding care and relationships...I just love him and his entire staff.
in Rowlett, TX |
I highly recommend Dr. Patel. I have suffered with pain in my left hip for at least seven years. I moved from California to Texas ten months ago to be closer to my daughters. While in California I had several injections and a epidural which did nothing. I was recommended to see Dr. Patel by one on his staff members. After my first visit he ordered an MRI and found that one of my problems was a cyst. Dr. Patel recommended surgery . I'm now two weeks out from surgery and pain free.
in Mission, TX |
I have now had three separate lumbar surgeries done with Dr. Patel. Each surgery was independent of one another and not the result of the problem not being fixed the previous time. Dr. Patel and his staff have always been extremely pleasant to work with, punctual with their follow up, and generally easy to work with.
in Mansfield, Tx |
Dr Patel is competent and has a great candor with his patients. He tells it like it is. He is a member of the most prestigious brain and spine practice in the DFW area. I highly recommend him if you want great results.
in Mesquite |
Fantastic!!!! Great bedside manner, explained everything, what was going to happen during surgery after surgery. Both Dr. Patel and the staff at Methodist Surgical Hospital in Addison where the best. Great after care. Was there three days and the staff was perfect. Can't say enough.
Have you seen Dr. Nimesh Patel, MD?
Are you Dr. Patel?