Dr. Nimesh Patel, MD

Neurosurgery ·  Male · Age 43

Dr. Patel

Methodist Moody Brain & Spine

1411 N Beckley Ave Ste 152 Dallas, TX 75203

Dr. Nimesh Patel, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Dallas, TX and has been practicing for 10 years. He graduated from University Of Louisville School Of Medicine in 2009 and specializes in neurosurgery.

Dr. Patel accepts

(214) 948-2076

Dr. Patel accepts the following insurance:

Accountable Health Plans of America
PPO Plus
PPO Plus PPO
Tricare
TriCare for Life

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Patel's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Patel's Top Procedures and Conditions

Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

Dr. Patel performs Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Patel performs this procedure more than 100% of his peers

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Patel treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Patel treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Brachial Neuritis

• Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Disc Degeneration
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc
  • Lumbar Radiculopathy
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Neck Surgery
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Torticollis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vascular Transcatheter Embolization

Quality, compassionate, advanced care for brain, back, neck, and spinal disorders and trauma at the Methodist Moody Brain and Spine Institute.

• Neurosurgery

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Patel

Dr. Patel?
Dr. Patel's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Nimesh Patel, MD
Dr. Nimesh H. Patel is a Neurosurgery & Spine Specialist who has greatly improved my quality of life. When I met with Dr. Patel for a consultation concerning my MRI and back history, his demeanor and personality instilled confidence in his expertise as a surgeon. Dr. Patel explained the results of my MRI and shared with me that the MRI had revealed severe stenosis in my lower back. He then shared with me that he could provide relief from my back pain, and possibly prevent further damage in the future. Dr. Patel was kind and displayed a genuine concern for my health and well being. The surgery went well, and I experienced pain relief early in the weeks following surgery. Stacey Castellanos, a Nurse Practitioner who works with Dr. Patel, was excellent and very supportive during this process and my surgery. Dr. Patel is an excellent surgeon, and I would highly recommend him to anyone suffering with back pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nimesh Patel, MD?
Dr. Patel is a Phenomenally Highly Skilled Surgeon! After nearly three years of living with severe back pain and 5 different orthopedic doctors that I lacked confidence in, and would never have considered allowing them to operate, I was referred to Dr. Patel by my GP. My husband and I could tell the difference in knowledge and sills immediately. Dr. Patel (and his nurse practitioner Stacey) have an amazing bedside manner and spent time answering our two+ pages of questions; his level of knowledge and ability to convey the information in layman's terms was impressive! In June 2019, Dr. Patel completed a minimally invasive posterior lumbar fusion operation on me -I was up and walking within hours of my procedure and my back pain was gone! The nurses that provided the aftercare would constantly ask who my surgeon was and would make comments about how perfect the incisions (two tiny vertical incisions along spine) were and what a great surgeon he was! I am so incredibly grateful!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nimesh Patel, MD?
Dr Dr. Patel is the best! He spends time listening to the patient and answers questions well. He has performed anterior spinal surgery on me which may reduce the chance that I will need lower back surgery as soon
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nimesh Patel, MD?
On May 7th Dr. Patel performed surgery on my neck. Both Dr Patel and his staff are truly amazing. He is kind, compassionate and an amazing surgeon. I will definitely recommend him to family and friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nimesh Patel, MD?
Dr. Patel recently relieved me of sciatic pain in my right leg that I have had for over 50 years. He is a great doctor who has a great bedside manner. He did the procedure in day surgery and I was on my way home by noon. I highly recommend this surgeon for his expertise and his well run organization.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nimesh Patel, MD?
Dr. Patel is a miracle worker! Every day, for months, I was crying in pain, taking 30 mins to slide out of bed to the floor, then painstaking working my way to a standing position, just to start the Jenga game of pain that was my day. Dr. Patel took 45 minutes on a day surgery to fix my L5 disc, which looked like it had exploded on the MRI, and after TWO days I stopped taking all pain meds! That was Feb 2018. I haven’t had any problems since! See him TODAY!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nimesh Patel, MD?
I'm one of of those folks that usually researches and over analyzes every decision in my life. Not this time. I reached out to an inside source (two friends that are surgical nurses at the local medical center) with one question "If you had to have back surgery today, who would be the surgeon? With no hesitation they rapidly replied "Dr Patel". And they were absolutely correct. My initial consultation, surgery, and the followup visits far exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nimesh Patel, MD?
I had been to several doctors to find a remedy for my chronic lower-back pain with no long-term relief. A friend recommended Dr. Patel and I am so glad she did!! After looking at my MRI, Dr. Patel knew exactly the cause of my pain and how to get me relief that will last. Scheduling of my procedure was quick and was performed without incident. After a 2-week recovery, my back feels fantastic with no signs of any of the pain that I was feeling before.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nimesh Patel, MD?
I contacted a couple that I knew had received back surgeries and they could not praise Dr. Patel enough, so I gave him a try... Five stars are not high enough for Dr. Patel. He is so personable, has great listening skills, clearly explains the problem/recommended surgery procedure, and shows empathy. Dr. Patel did a Metrix Laminectory L4-S1 with Posterior Lateral Fusion surgery; I had no pain, spasms, redness or bruising. I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Nimesh Patel. Kudos Dr. Patel
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nimesh Patel, MD?
I had cervical surgery, Dr. Patel was awesome, he answered all of my questions, he even talked to my children and answered their questions and made sure that they knew what was going on. His bed side manners are amazing. Will recommend him to any of my friends and family that needs a neurosurgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nimesh Patel, MD?
I was told 4 years ago by a neurologist that I should wait until the pain was unbearable to have cervical disc surgery that I would change one kind of pain for another kind of pain, well I believed him and suffered unnecessary pain and then started having other symptoms profuse sweating face, nausea vertigo and some headaches my awesome PCP sent me to see Dr. Patel he got me in for surgery and I am finally pain free and free of all the other symptoms I was experiencing highly recommend Dr. Patel
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nimesh Patel, MD?
My daughter has suffered most of her life with excruciating back pain. She was taking pain medication 3 to 4 times a day. In 2018 she was introduced to Dr. Nimesh Patel. He immediately knew what to do for her. She has had 2 surgeries performed by Dr. Patel, neck and back. The surgeries gave almost immediate relief. She is just 3 weeks out from her back surgery and is doing amazing! I would highly recommend Dr. Nimesh Patel!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nimesh Patel, MD?
I would most heartily recommend Dr Patel to anyone who needs spinal surgery.My surgery went amazingly well.I had minimal down time, minimal pain.I am most pleased with Dr Patel and staff.I am so grateful someone recommended this surgeon to me. I am forever grateful to you Dr Patel.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nimesh Patel, MD?
After suffering many years from chronic back pain, injections, non invasive procedures and a 3 level spinal fusion my pain got increasingly worse. My first appointment I saw Stacey, she is so kind and instantly eased my mind. My second appointment I met Dr Patel and knew that I was in good hands. He was confident that surgery would help and it did. Dr Patel is very personable and is a phenomenal surgeon! I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nimesh Patel, MD?
After suffering with extreme pain in my arm and neck from 2 herniated discs for a year and a half, Dr. Patel did a multi-level ACDF surgery and I've had no pain since. I highly recommend Dr. Patel for anyone suffering from herniated discs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nimesh Patel, MD?
Dr. Patel is the finest surgeon I've dealt with. He performed a multiple cervical fusion, and I have virtually no difficulty recovering -- very minimal pain. This is my 5th spinal fusion surgery, and from start to healing, my very best experience. I was on my feet romping up and down the hospital halls, a couple hours after surgery. I love his surgical skills, but my best compliment involves the amazing post surgery support team Dr. Patel and his team put together.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nimesh Patel, MD?
Dr. Patel and his entire staff were fantastic during a scary time for me (needing cervical spine surgery due to pressure on spinal cord). The surgery went well and I had no problems whatsoever during my recovery. Just an excellent surgeon with an excellent staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nimesh Patel, MD?
Had unbearable pain in neck, shoulders, arms and hands. Had numbness in fingers. Had burning in arms, hands, and fingers like they were dipped in hot grease. No longer have any of these. Mary Baxter
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nimesh Patel, MD?
Let me caveat first that I have not had surgery from Dr. Patel yet and hopefully won't have to, but if I do he's the one I want doing it. I've herniated by L5-S1 twice now. Once in 2006 and the other time in September of 2017. Physical therapy helped but the ache in my right leg and lower back remains constant. I want to say that when he met with me, I had a list of 35 questions. Not once did he rush me. He listened and was extraordinarily patient. He gave me so much peace and confidence.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nimesh Patel, MD?
Dr. Patel is a very caring and skilled Surgeon. His staff and assistants are all very professional. Recently underwent a spinal fusion procedure that changed my quality of life. He is attentive in listening to the patients concerns and needs. Was very forthcoming with the risks and expectations after the surgery. He is very confident and made me feel I was in the very best of hands for this most serious surgery. Appointments and post surgery care were focused on my convieniance.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Patel?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Patel treats patients.

Compare Providers