Dr. Nima Salari, MD

Dr. Nima Salari, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Nima Salari, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Phoenix, AZ. He has been practicing for 10 years. Dr. Salari is affiliated with Oasis Hospital, The Core Institute Specialty Hospital and HonorHealth Scottsdale Shea Medical Center.

1635 E Myrtle Ave Ste 400

Phoenix, AZ 85020

• AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC)
  • Medicare
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Salari

See how frequently Dr. Salari performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis of Spine
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Chronic Neck Pain

Dr. Salari's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Salari "At Desert Institute for Spine Care, we are dedicated to providing compassionate care for our patients, and offer the least invasive treatment options that are the most effective for getting them back to their active lifestyle."

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Broken Neck
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Gout
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• University Of Pittsburgh / Main Campus
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2003
  • Temple University
    Medical School | Graduated 2007
  • Johns Hopkins
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Stanford
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Salari has no media or publications listed.

• Farsi
  • German

Dr. Salari does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Salari and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Salari's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Salari to family and friends
Dr. Salari's Performance
in peoria, az |
Dr. Salari is an amazing surgeon. Years of pain disappeared under his well trained hands. His office is well organized and focused of patient needs. The hospital I went to (Scottsdale Shea) was also very patient oriented and caring. Of all my many hospital/surgery experiences I have to say this was the most phenomenal/positive yet!
in Peoria, AZ |
Dr. Salari is amazing. From bedside manner, to being conservative with my treatment, and then operating on me TWICE, he is absolutely top notch. I am thankful for him every single day as I feel better than I have in a very long time. I don't think anybody would regret putting their care in the hands of this incredible doctor!
in San Tan Valley AZ. |
lower back pain for over 35 years, two surgery's in last six months BUT the pain in gone. Great doctor.
in Buckeye, AZ |
Wonderful young man, and an even better Doctor and surgeon!!! I had intensive lower back pain for many years, when nerve blocks for the pain stopped working I was referred to Dr. Salari and it was some of the best advice I have ever had given to me. Believe it or not, my spinal surgery was done on an out patient schedule. I healed exceptionally fast and the pain is gone!!!!! If you have any spinal pain go see Dr. Salari, you will be glad you did.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
From the very first meeting I felt very assured and in good hands. Dr Salari is a true professional but friendly and open, very candid about all possibilities. After nearly 5 years of pain I was directed to DISC and Dr Salari specifically. It is 6 weeks since my operation and it is the best I have felt in all those years. Dr Salari stays closely in touch and is very easy for me to reach with any questions. I highly recommend this practice and Dr Salari.
in Coolidge, AZ |
We have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Salari. His bedside manner is awesome. From the first time we saw him about my back problem he has been willing to discuss all options & recommendations. The surgery experience was second to none. Excellent care. Would recommend Dr. Salari to anyone needing spine surgery.
in Sun City |
My experience was very satisfactory. I have and will recommend Dr. Salari!
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr Salari did a multi-level lumbar fusion (MIS-TLIF L3/4 and L4/5) for me 2/27/2017. He not only decompressed the nerves, eliminating completely my leg pain and weakness, but the fusion also relieved the lower back arthritic pain associated with my bone-on-bone condition. The post operation pain was not bad at all. i was up and walking the next day, miles within the first week. Dr Salari has given me back my active life again.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Saw Dr Salari for pain in back, hip, groin, and leg right down to the foot. It was very painful even walking with a cane. In the recovery room after the surgery I noticed that ALL that pain was gone. All I had left was a little soreness in the surgical spot and some in the hip. Two weeks later its not noticeable at all.
in Loveland CO |
I saw great reviews for Dr Salari here and asked my Mom who was suffering from debilitating back pain to schedule an appointment. She did and recently had back surgery with great results! She said Dr Salari and his staff were awesome! Glad we found this great surgeon!!!
in Glendale, AZ |
My lower back had become so painful that I could no longer do anything. Dr. Salari thought that the conservative way to go was with a hemi-laminectomy which is basically cleaning out the spinal structure so that the nerves are not compressed or pinched. With my surgery with Dr. Salari, I was an outpatient in the hospital for two days and did not have much pain after the surgery. I am now active & I can do all that I could before my back problem. Thanks, Dr. Salari for giving me my life back!
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr Salari is by far the BEST surgeon EVER! Having to have neck surgery can be EXTREMELY scary but he definitely puts your mind at ease and reassures you everything is going to be ok. I had to have a complete disc replacement and would do it all over again if Dr Salari was going to be my surgeon. He makes sure to explain everything in the greatest detail possible so you understand what you are getting yourself into. Hands down #1! I would recommend him to ANYONE!
Gilbert, AZ |
I was referred to Dr. Salari, due to a severely painful herniated disc. Dr Salari, assured me how my back problems would be addressed thru the minimally invasive technique. I was hopeful and told him I feel better already. Dr Salari was also respectful of my religious beliefs regarding patient blood management. By my first follow-up appointment I felt a 99% improvement! Dr. Salari’s professionalism, knowledge and expertise makes him one of the most capable and caring doctors anyone can ask for.
in sun city, AZ |
Had lower back surgery in July 16 and it was a great success. Dr Salari was friendly, skilled, caring, and explained the procedure so I could decide that he was to be my surgeon. The office was farther than others but convenient enough that I was glad to go the extra mile. Staff was efficient, friendly, and highly skilled and minimal invasive. Was out of the hospital in 25 hours after entering just 4 little scars. All followup was great.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I was very impressed with my initial contact with Dr. Salari and his staff. His staff was very efficient and helpful and Dr. Salari took the time and effort to show me the problems that I was having with my back and leg. Back surgery was recommended which I have had and the results have been very satisfactory. I would highly recommend Dr. Salari as an Orthopedic Spine Surgeon to my family and friends.
in Tempe, AZ |
Originally I did not wanted back surgery as I was terrified of it. This is the 3rd review I've written and had to erase each one as there is not enough room here to type my story but I will tell you this: I CRAWLED into the office of Dr. Salari for a pre-op appointment, the pain was the WORST thing ever, no eating, sleeping or getting away from it. Dr. Salari is the best of best and a super caring Doctor, he even gave me his cell phone number. I'm pain free and would recommend him to anyone.
in Mesa, AZ |
I was referred to Dr Salari when I was having pain and numbness in one leg. Dr. Salari and staff immediately arranged for X-ray and MRI which allowed a quick diagnosis. Dr Salari clearly explained my condition and my options to correct it. He spent all the time necessary to answer every question I had, even when he had a conference call waiting for him. The pain was immediately gone after surgery and numbness after a few weeks. 3 months post op and I feel great. I would refer anyone to Dr Salari
in Scottsdale AZ |
Great easy going personality. Made me feels very confident that the decision to have the surgery was the right choice. The surgery was scheduled as early as possible. Only one overnight stay in the hospital home the next day. I felt great the first day I was home after the surgery. The next day I think some of the meds wore off and I did have some major discomfort for 2 or 3 days. I started feeling much better day by day and was back at work 10 days after major back surgery. Thank you Dr. Nima
I trust this doctor. He did a great job on my neck surgery. I have already referred friends and family to him.
in Desert Hills, AZ |
From the initial consultation, thru my Spinal Fusion, Dr. Salari has been incredible! He walked me thru each step and why the Fusion and rods were necessary. He took the time to answer all of my questions with extreme confidence and what to expect post op. He also made me understand that the procedure was to get my body back to where it was, and not a life sentence! I am now 2 1/2 weeks post op and feeling stronger everyday! His Staff, Taylor and Elizabeth are both Awesome as well! Robin B
in Surprise, AZ |
It's only been two weeks since my surgery and I'm nearly back to normal with minimal pain. I'm so grateful to Dr Salari.
in ueen Creek, AZ |
Dr Salari is a life saver. I was excruciating pain and Dr Salari made it all go away. He has a bedside manner of an angel The staff was also excellent, they were there for all our needs. Thanks again Dr Salari for giving me my pain free life back. I would highly recommend this doctor if you have any back problems. Thank you and your highly capable staff .best wishes.
in Gilbert, AZ |
I can't say enough about Dr. Salari and the team at DISC! They're truly incredible. I had both my neck and lower back operated on and the recovery time for each was remarkable. Years of pain, gone instantly! From my first visit to my last followup, the staff and Dr. Salari himself were so helpful in putting my mind at ease and making this entire process stress-free. His bedside manner is very comforting and I can't thank him enough for all that he did for me. I would highly recommend Dr. Salari!
Mesa, AZ 85205 |
We went to see Dr. Salari seeking help, what we found was a very young Doctor with a limited amount of experience, in handling patients in pain. He was very cocky thinking he knows everything.
in Gilbert, AZ |
Explained my condition in words I could understand and what he would do to correct it.
in Peoria, AZ |
There is no doubt that I would highly recommend Dr. Salari to anyone seeking a back surgeon. He is highly professional in demeanor, sincere and possesses a great bedside manner. He explains everything in detail and gladly answers questions regarding procedures and options. He is a highly skilled surgeon who is dedicated to the improvement of his patients. He was able to relieve the progressive numbness and pain I had experienced in my legs for a substantial amount of time. Thanks Dr. Salari
in Casa Grande, AZ |
My husband recently had back surgery by Dr. Salari, and he could not be more pleased. He was excellent at explaining everything, and very pleasant bedside manner. The office staff are all wonderful to work with also. We would highly recommend him to anyone with back problems. Thank you so much Dr. Salari.
in Carefree, AZ |
Dr. Salari is kind, compassionate and explained what was causing my pain and what could be done thoroughly. I had outpatient surgery and the severe pain in my right leg due to a pinched nerve was relieved and I finally have my life back. Thank you Dr. Salari!
in phoenix, az |
I would highly recommend Dr Salari. I had very bad sciatic pain. Have had nothing but a great experience with Dr Salari.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Excellent bedside manner, energetic and happy. Explains options clearly.
Tempe, AZ |
I spent two years with back pain. I came to Dr. Salari and was terrified of back surgery. He was patient professional and very knowledgeable. He made me feel safe with a procedure that will help me be active for the rest of my life. I would recommend him to anyone. He is a genius surgeon.
in Mesa, AZ |
I was stricken with a condition of being unable to walk for several days, when my wife said she'd drive me to the hospital. i was reluctant at first, but realized she was right! Dr. Salari performed a fusion in my spine, and I was walking the next day. With practice walking I was released from the hospital 2 days later. It's been approximately 40 days since the surgery, and I'm feeling great! After seeing my doctor, I'm now swimming with my grandchildren. Thanks to Dr. Salari, I can!
in Queen Creek, AZ |
Dr. Salari was my second opinion Dr. By the time I left his office, my mind was made up. He was the Dr. For me. I had back surgery two weeks ago and am doing great! Would recommend him to anyone with back issues. Compassionate, smart, excellent in communication skills and bedside manner!! His staff was also the best to work with! Thank you Dr. Salari for making a very scary situation much easier!!
in Phoenix, AZ |
I had extreme sciatica pain shooting down my right leg & narcotic medications no longer worked. I told him about procedures that were done & suggested to me, but he felt a hemi-laminectomy was more appropriate. He is very friendly & explained things very clearly. I had the surgery & in less than a week I was walking. Since this surgery was done my pain is gone & my life has gotten back to normal. Thank you so very much Dr. Salari. You are my hero & have renewed my faith in the medical field!
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Salari and his team work with professionalism and confidence. After experiencing the microdiscectomy procedure first-hand, I really wish I had acted sooner because I now have no pain and I'm gaining strength every day. Thank you, Dr. Salari!
Fountain Hills, AZ |
Compassionate and caring and informative.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Around 2009 I had an emergency back surgery. Skip to late 2015, I find putting my son to bed was too much strain on my back. About the time I realized I was dropping him the last 10-12 into his crib, I realized I needed to do something about my back pain. Dr. Salari and the team at DISC were highly recommended, so although skeptical, I made an appointment for a consultation. Reviewing my MRI, Dr. Salari said I see this, I got this. My last surgery had me out for six weeks, so I was reluctant to
in Tempe, AZ |
I had a great experience with Dr. Salari and his staff. After meeting with him I had some more questions. Instead of having me return for another visit he took the time to talk to me on the phone. Once I made the final decision to have him perform the surgery I was made to feel very confident in my choice due to the confidence he provided as well as the excellent surgery. I began the day unable to walk and after the surgery I was walking again!
in Phoenix, AZ |
He has been the most knowledgeable doctor I have ever worked with. His care and concern for his patients is extraordinary. He takes whatever time is needed to completely understand your problems and concerns and then spends whatever time is needed to explain in detail what he sees is wrong with you and the various options that you have for correcting your medical condition.
in Prescott Valley, AZ |
Dr. Salari was very friendly and informative. His diagnosis of my extremely painful and debilitating sciatica was spot on as proven by the 100% recovery I experienced after he performed my surgery. As far as I am concerned he performed a miracle.
in Phoenix, AZ |
This was my second microdiscectomy in 16 years. I had great success the first time. I continued to be active and eat a bunch and after 14 or so years my back pain in the same area started to trouble me again so I had a friend refer me to her Dr. and scheduled surgery with Dr Salari. As I'm older this time and diabetic, I noticed improvements in preop, all designed for my safety and comfort. We worked ahead of time to accomodate my insurance as well. Extremely happy!
in Casa Grande, AZ |
Dr. Salari came recommended to me from a roping friend and was under our insurance plan. He worked with me to have surgery at a hospital that was under my insurance plan. When I woke up from surgery the numbness and tingling in my foot and pain in my hip were gone. I can't believe how good I feel. AWESOME!
Have you seen Dr. Nima Salari, MD?
Are you Dr. Salari?

Visit Dr. Salari

Dr. Salari accepts 6 insurance carriers
  • AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC)
  • Medicare