Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Nima Abbassi, MD
Dr. Abbassi is passionate about the care he provides to his patients and always puts them first. He treats them as if they're the most important thing to him. He never hesitates to answer any questions or concerns and will always go above and beyond to make sure they are well taken care of. He is enthusiastic about education and always is involved in lectures and conferences on his own time and with Atlantis Eyecare. He is a proud member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) and continues to be on top of all the latest technology and information coming out about Ophthalmology. Dr. Abbassi is a California licensed ophthalmologist with a keen eye for surgery. At a very young age he always knew that he was going to change people's lives by his ability to be compassionate, empathetic and passionate in his work. He grew up in Aliso Viejo with his mother, father and two sisters. Dr. Abbassi went onto to his undergrad after high school at UCI in Southern California and majored in Neurobiology and Chemistry. While in his undergrad he was able to publish papers in Neurobiology. Once he completed his undergrad he moved to New York where he completed his medical degree and residency at Suny Upstate Medical University. While there he was very involved in making sure he was always at the top of his class with the motivation to always strive and learn all that he could. Dr. Abbassi enjoys providing a variety of surgical services including cataract surgery with a full spectrum of lens implants (e.g. monofocal, Toric, Tecnis® multifocal, Restor multifocal, Crystalens and Trulign®), pterygium surgery, ptosis surgery and other laser/minor procedures. Among all of the surgeries he is able to perform he also is an expert at treating various eye problems/diseases such as glaucoma, macular degeneration, blepharitis, dry eye syndrome, chalazion are just among a few. Dr. Abbassi currently resides in Irvine with his beautiful wife. He enjoys to read in all subjects, golf and keeping up on his fitness. He is fluent in Farsi and conversational in Spanish.

Huntington Beach

7677 Center Ave Ste 301

Huntington Beach, CA 92647

Dr. Nima Abbassi, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Greater Newport Physicians
  • Health Net
  • Monarch Healthcare
  • WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Abbassi

Our Vision Inspired Professionals Embracing Cutting-Edge Technology and Setting the Standard for Excellence in the Patient Experience Our Mission To Improve the Quality of Life For Our Patients While Providing Value to the Healthcare Community through Efficiency, Innovation, and Compassion Our Values Integrity -We Conduct ourselves with the Highest Standards of Ethics and Integrity Compassion -Our Patients Are Our Focus -We Serve Our Patients with Only the Highest Quality of Care Accountability -We Take Responsibility for Our Commitments Research -We Believe in the Power of Research, Teaching, and Continuing Education -We Innovate and Are Thoughtful Advocates of New Technology Employees -We Promote and Environment of Personal and Professional Fulfillment

Dr. Abbassi's Experience

Dr. Abbassi's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Eye Examination
  • Eye Procedure
  • Eye Surgery
  • Eyeglasses

No malpractice history found for California.

• University CA Irvine
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2004
  • Suny-Upstate Med Ctr
    Medical School | Graduated 2010
  • United Health Services, Johnson City, New York
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2011
  • Suny-Upstate Med Ctr
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Abbassi has no media or publications listed.

• Persian

Dr. Abbassi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Abbassi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Abbassi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Abbassi to family and friends
Dr. Abbassi's Performance
in Carlsbad, CA |
I had cataract surgery with Dr abbassi. He is very trustworthy and caring. He has great bedside manner and is very skilled at surgery. I am very happy with my new vision and thank it all to my favorite doctor, Dr abbassi
in Fountain valley, CA |
Dr. Abassi restored my vision. Now I can see without glasses for both far and near. There are so many things I never did because of glasses but now I can. I owe so much to Dr. Abassi and his office.
Pomona, CA |
I needed cataract surgery. My pcp referred me to Dr. Abbassi. I did research on him before meeting him. I was very impressed in what I found. I was even more impressed after I meet him. He did my cataract surgery and I love my new vision now.
in Long Beach, CA |
Dr. Abbassi is the top cataract surgeon in my opinion. He is very skilled and has great bedside manners. I have recommended all my family and friends to see Dr. Abbassi for their cataract surgery as well. The office staff was also great and caring.
in Los Angeles, CA |
My grandfather needed cataract surgery. After researching everyone in the area I found Dr. Abbassi. My pcp, friends and family all had good things to say about Dr.. Abbassi and I agree. My granddaughter went from legally blind to excellent vision and I have not seen him so happy in a long time. I highly recommend Dr. Abbassi if your sight means the world to you.
Huntington Beach, CA |
I felt he cares. Easy to talk to and easy to understand. Thanks to Kat for her help.
in Long beach, ca |
Great doctor. Very knowledgeable, kind, tustwrthy and compassionate. Highly recommend for cataract surgery and all your eyecare needs.
Huntington beach, CA |
Great experience. Great care. Highly recommend Dr. Abbassi.
in Long beach, CA |
I have a rare eye condition that many other eye doctors could not diagnose. I almost gave up and just let it continue to torcher my life. My PCP referred me to DR. Abbassi and I was expecting another I dont know. However, he took time to listen to my symptoms, which no other doctor took the time to do, he thoroughly examined my eyes and found out what was wrong. He referred me to a specialist which is treating me now but if it wasn't for Dr. Abbassi I still would be suffering.
in Newport Beach, CA |
Dr. Abbassi is one of the best doctors I have ever had. My optometrist referred me to Dr. Abbassi for cataract surgery and it is the best thing she has done. Dr. Abbassi listened to my complaints, identified what is important for me, and gave me the different options to meet my goals. After I had my surgery with Dr. Abbassi I was discharged back to my optometrist who praised the exceptional work Dr. Abbassi had done. Thank you Dr. Abbassi for all you have done for me.
in Fountain Valley, CA |
Dr. Abbassi performed my cataract surgery. I choose the laser surgery with the lens that lets me see far and near and I am very happy with the results. My vision is 20/20 in both eyes and now I can read without glasses. I am so happy with the results that I am telling all my family to see Dr. Abbassi. Its been a great experience and appreciate my PCP who introduced me to Dr. Abbassi.
in Westminister, CA |
I have been working in the healthcare field for over 20 years. I know a good doctor from a bad and Dr. Abbassi is hands down one of the best. I was so impressed to see a doctor have technical skill, bedside manners, be a patient advocate, and be very knowledgeable. Its very rare for a doctor to have all those characteristics. I am so happy to have meet Dr. Abbassi and thank him for all his help and services.
Irvine, CA |
I had cataract surgery with Dr. Abbassi and went from legally blind to 20/20 vision without glasses. I have my life back and I owe it all to Dr. Abbassi. He is so sweet and caring and easily to get along with. I felt like I was dealing with family. I am so thankful for the work he has done.
in Santa Ana, CA |
Dr. Abbassi is the most caring doctor I have meet. I was so worried about cataract surgery but he was so transparent of what to expect before and after surgery and he really put my needs first. Before surgery my vision was 20/400 and so many other doctors told me I had really complex cataract, the first day after surgery with Dr. Abbassi my vision is 20/25. I am so thankful for Dr. Abbassi care and expertise. My vision mean the world to me and I recommend Dr. Abbassi if that is the same for you.
in Huntington Beach, ca |
My dad had cataract surgery with Dr. Abbassi today and I highly recommend him to anyone needing surgery. When i first found out that my father needed cataract surgery I was very nervous. I started to ask around for the best cataract surgeon and everyone recommended Dr. Abbassi. When i meet him I understood why. He is very caring, compassionate, a patient advocate, and very talented at what he does. My father is so happy with his new vision. I highly recommend Dr. Abbassi for your eye care needs
in HB, CA |
I had cataract surgery with Dr. Abbassi today. I am so grateful for his care. He is so caring and compassionate. I highly recommend him for surgery you will not be disappointed. Thank you Dr. Abbassi for your care.
Yorba linda, ca |
Very kind, thorough doctor took time explain things to me. And OMG he's gorgeous eye candy!
Huntington, CA |
I've found the staff and assistants to be very helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable. Gerome assisted me on one of my last appointments and he was very engaging…he must really love his job. The small bottles of water and the cute movies are a great touch in providing great customer service. My one suggestion is for a service person to fix the noisy latch and arm at the top of the door. Hats off to the staff for having to listen to it all day.
in Lakewood, CA |
Very attentive to helping me through my eye surgery. I had some worries when I first made my decision to have surgery. Dr Abbassi and Dr Teshima created lots of comfort and helped me understand the surgery and also to understand the "mis-understandings" that I had regarding eye surgery. The office staff made me feel welcome. They were very helpful and friendly. I have another surgery scheduled and I am happy to see everyone again.
in Fountain Valley, CA |
I had complications due to my body trying to reject the implant but Dr Abbassi very skillfully and patiently treated this problem. He always explained the treatment and was always very courteous. I would highly recommend him.
in Long Beach, CA |
He was very knowledgeable. Dr Abbassi explained what was going on, what needs to be done, etc in a professional, yet friendly manner. He patiently listened to my concerns. He made me feel like I'd known him for a very long time & am so happy I'll be receiving treatment from him. I trust him.
in Huntington Beach, CA |
Thank you so much for all the medical attention you've given me. You have made my recovery much easier and more accepting. I will definitely refer you to my friends and family! Thanks again...
in Los Angeles, CA |
Most comfortable experience with a doctor, period. So professional. So considerate. I sincerely recommend Dr. Abbassi for all your eye needs. God bless.
in Anaheim, CA |
Best cataract surgeon in oc. Highly recommend dr abbassi for all your Eyecare needs.
in Anaheim, CA |
Top ophthalmologist. Highly recommend. If your eyes mean anything to you go see dr abbassi.
in Anaheim, CA |
Best ophthalmologist!! I had trauma which caused a cataract. I looked so long to find the right Doctor. I asked around and everyone said dr abbassi is the doctor you want see. They where right. He was the best. He made me feel comfortable and at home. I had my surgery with dr abbassi and I am so thankful. I am 20/20 and so excited. I rec dr abbassi to everyone.
in Midway City, CA |
Best eye doctor ever. Thanks for everything dr abbassi you are the greatest.
Midway City, CA |
Top eye doctor. Highly recommend. If you care about your eyes you go see dr Abbassi.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Top eye surgeon. Dr abbassi has done all our cataract surgeries. We trusted him with our eyes. He explained everything in detail. We liked the premium lens option. Now we can see far and near. No more hassle of glasses. I am so thankful to dr abbassi. Thanks !!!
in Glendale, AZ |
I love dr Abbassi. He is the most caring doctor in the world. I was so worried about my eyes but he put me at ease. He was so wonderful. He explained everything in detail. Answered all my answers. He really treated me like family. Dr Abbassi is the best I highly recommend.
in Oakland, CA |
Top ophthalmologist. Top cataract surgeon. Highly recommend!!!
in Huntington Beach |
Great doctor!! He has seen both me and my wife and I must say that I am very impressed. Very attentive, polite, informative and caring. He will definity be our family eye physician for years to come.
in La Puente, CA |
I needed cataract surgery. I was very scared because other doctors said I had a complex case. I needed someone that would be able to do the best given how young I am. I trusted dr Abbassi- made me feel at ease, discussed everything in detail, he knew what he was doing. The surgery went well and I have great outcome. Thank oh dr Abbassi. You are the best doctor. You are the best ophthalmologist in my book!!!
in Huntington Beach, CA |
I woke up with my eye hurting. I was very scared. I called dr abbassi office to see if they can see me. They told me to come right i . Everyone was so nice. Dr abbassi took his time with me and explained everything to me. He made me feel comfortable and unafraid. Dr abbassi and his staff is the best. He will be my family and my eye docotor. Yhabk you dr abbassi!!
in Irvine, CA |
Great doctor. Spends as much time as I need. Very attentive. Listens to all my needs. Explains everything very well. I trust him with my eyes. Greatest Doctor I have ever seen.
in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA |
Great doctor, he explained everything in a way that I could understand.
in ca |
He is neglagent in his work!
Have you seen Dr. Nima Abbassi, MD?
Are you Dr. Abbassi?

See our Ophthalmology Specialist at Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro

Visit Dr. Abbassi

Dr. Abbassi accepts 13 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of California