Dr. Nima Abbassi, MD

Dr. Nima Abbassi, MD

Ophthalmology  ·
Dr. Nima Abbassi, MD is an ophthalmology specialist in Huntington Beach, CA and has been practicing for 4 years. He graduated from SUNY-Upstate Med Ctr in 2010 and specializes in ophthalmology.Read his story

7677 Center Ave Ste 301

Huntington Beach, CA 92647

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Greater Newport Physicians
  • Health Net
  • Monarch Healthcare

Learn about Dr. Abbassi

See how frequently Dr. Abbassi performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Astigmatism
high
Blepharitis
Age-Related Macular Degeneration

Dr. Abbassi's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Abbassi's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Abbassi "Dr. Abbassi is passionate about the care he provides to his patients and always puts them first. He treats them as if they're the most important thing to him. He never hesitates to answer any questions or concerns and will always go above and beyond to make sure they are well taken care of. He is enthusiastic about education and always is involved in lectures and conferences on his own time and with Atlantis Eyecare. He is a proud member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) and continues to be on top of all the latest technology and information coming out about Ophthalmology. Dr. Abbassi is a California licensed ophthalmologist with a keen eye for surgery. At a very young age he always knew that he was going to change people's lives by his ability to be compassionate, empathetic and passionate in his work. He grew up in Aliso Viejo with his mother, father and two sisters. Dr. Abbassi went onto to his undergrad after high school at UCI in Southern California and majored in Neurobiology and Chemistry. While in his undergrad he was able to publish papers in Neurobiology. Once he completed his undergrad he moved to New York where he completed his medical degree and residency at Suny Upstate Medical University. While there he was very involved in making sure he was always at the top of his class with the motivation to always strive and learn all that he could. Dr. Abbassi enjoys providing a variety of surgical services including cataract surgery with a full spectrum of lens implants (e.g. monofocal, Toric, Tecnis® multifocal, Restor multifocal, Crystalens and Trulign®), pterygium surgery, ptosis surgery and other laser/minor procedures. Among all of the surgeries he is able to perform he also is an expert at treating various eye problems/diseases such as glaucoma, macular degeneration, blepharitis, dry eye syndrome, chalazion are just among a few. Dr. Abbassi currently resides in Irvine with his beautiful wife. He enjoys to read in all subjects, golf and keeping up on his fitness. He is fluent in Farsi and conversational in Spanish."

This content was provided by Dr. Abbassi "Our Vision Inspired Professionals Embracing Cutting-Edge Technology and Setting the Standard for Excellence in the Patient Experience Our Mission To Improve the Quality of Life For Our Patients While Providing Value to the Healthcare Community through Efficiency, Innovation, and Compassion Our Values Integrity -We Conduct ourselves with the Highest Standards of Ethics and Integrity Compassion -Our Patients Are Our Focus -We Serve Our Patients with Only the Highest Quality of Care Accountability -We Take Responsibility for Our Commitments Research -We Believe in the Power of Research, Teaching, and Continuing Education -We Innovate and Are Thoughtful Advocates of New Technology Employees -We Promote and Environment of Personal and Professional Fulfillment"

• Ophthalmology

• Senile Cataracts
  • Stye
  • Vision Impairment
  • Vision Loss

No malpractice history found for California.

• University CA Irvine
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2004
  • SUNY-Upstate Med Ctr
    Medical School | Graduated 2010
  • United Health Services, Johnson City, New York
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2011
  • SUNY-Upstate Med Ctr
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Abbassi has no media or publications listed.

• Persian

Dr. Abbassi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Abbassi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Abbassi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Abbassi to family and friends

Dr. Abbassi's Performance

I had the pleasure of having cataract surgery with Dr. Abbassi and it was great experience from beginning to end. My primary care Doctor cleared me for surgery but due to my current health I could not have any anesthesia because my breathing could possibly stop. Dr. Abbassi played music during the...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Abbassi is very caring, professional, and skilled surgeon. I had a very large cataract and it was affecting my life. No other surgeon would do surgery on me because I cannot have any anesthesia. Dr. Abbassi was the only surgeon I found that put the time and care aside to help me. He removed my...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
I had cataract surgery with Dr abbassi. He is very trustworthy and caring. He has great bedside manner and is very skilled at surgery. I am very happy with my new vision and thank it all to my favorite doctor, Dr abbassi
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Abassi restored my vision. Now I can see without glasses for both far and near. There are so many things I never did because of glasses but now I can. I owe so much to Dr. Abassi and his office.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Abbassi is the top cataract surgeon in my opinion. He is very skilled and has great bedside manners. I have recommended all my family and friends to see Dr. Abbassi for their cataract surgery as well. The office staff was also great and caring.
Are you Dr. Abbassi?