Dr. Nilay Desai, MD

Dr. Nilay Desai, MD

Endocrinology  |
Dr. Nilay Desai, MD is an endocrinology doctor who practices in Rocky Mount, NC. He is 44 years old.

901 N Winstead Ave

Rocky Mount, NC 27804

• American Republic
  • Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan
  • EmblemHealth

Learn about Dr. Desai

See how frequently Dr. Desai performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hypoglycemia
Obesity
Diabetes Counseling

Dr. Desai's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Endocrinology

• Thyroid Disease
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

• Continuous Glucose Monitoring
  • Diabetes Counseling

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

Education data for Dr. Desai is unavailable at this time.

Dr. Desai has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Desai does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Desai and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Desai's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Desai to family and friends
Dr. Desai's Performance
in ROCKY MOUNT |
Dr Desai is a very competent and outstanding Doctor. His treatment plan and advice has been a life changer for me. It has been 3 years since I received the surgery that he recommended. I highly recommend Dr, Desai and his entire staff for Diabetic monitoring and treatment. Wayne Doll
in Rocky Mount, NC |
Knowing that doctors have many patients and it would be impossible for Dr. Desai to recall all pertinent details of my medical history I appreciate his reviewing and studying my records in my visit.. He double checks with me on current instructions and will recommend changes as necessary. He listens! Very important to let him know of any problems or changes health wise that concern you. When I wanted to change from Synthroid to Armour Thyroid he agreed. He keeps a close watch on results.
in Rocky mount |
He is a wonderful and kind person his no nonsense.and straightforward approch is refreshing
Wilson, NC |
Dr desai is a good doctor who is knowledgeable about endocrinology issues,clear when explaining my issue,accessible.
Wilson, NC |
Excellent doctor. I have never had to wait in this doctor's office; he may be the promptest doctor on the planet, yet he spends plenty of time listening to me and answering my questions.
in Littleton nc |
Very thorough and listens to all my concerns...very knowledgeable....not a long Dr ofc wait before seeing Dr...always on schedule....
in Rocky Mount, NC |
We are lucky to have Dr Desai in Rocky Mount. I will be moving an hour away early next year but will maintain him as my physician. He is logical and thorough in his approach and treatment plan.
in Rocky Mount, NC |
Dr. Desai is very good at telling his patients the facts about their situation. He is helpful and informative, look to him for an honest assessment of your health.
in Rocky Mount, NC |
I have been seeing Dr. Desai since I moved to Rocky Mount, NC. He is always incredibly helpful , answers all of my questions, and always tells me the truth. I absolutely love him! One of the best Endocrinologists I have seen, which is something considering I have been seeing these specialists since I was 14 .
in Rocky Mount, NC |
I like him ,he is up front and honest about your health.
in rocky mount |
very thorough and cares
in Rocky Mount, NC |
Dr. Desai is a very intelligent, caring physician who takes time to listen, educate, and explain treatment options. He has through knowledge on all medicines for diabetes and bases his recommendations on current studies. He is very easy to talk and I count myself lucky to be his patient. In fact I will remain his patient even after I move to the beach soon.
in Sims, NC |
One of the best! I highly recommend Dr. Desai. Makes you feel comfortable and listens with concern. Glad he is my doctor.
Nashville, NC |
Dr. Desai is very professional and makes you feel important as a person and patient. He takes to time to thoroughly review your charts and is very diligent in his recommendations.
Wilson, NC |
Dr Desai is a very good listener and very intelligent. I highly recommend him!
in Fremont, NC |
Dr. Desai has been my doctor for over 5 year. I have had diabetes for more that 25 years. He is the smartest and well educated endocrinologist I have ever had. If you are having issues and takes the time to explain thing when I am having issues with my diabetes.
in Nashville, NC |
Dr. Desai has been my doctor for over 5 years. He is treating me for my Thyroid. He is a very good doctor who cares about his patients. I am thankful I have him as my doctor. Without him treating me, I don't think my health was be as good as it is today. If you need an Endocrinologist you need to see Dr. Nilay Desai. I have recommended him to friends. His staff is always friendly and helpful.
in Rocky Mount, NC |
He takes time to listen to you and then involves you in treating your medical issues. It is such a pleasure not to have to travel to Duke or UNC Chapel Hill to get the quality of care you would at those hospitals.
in Rocky Mount, NC |
Very thorough with an excellent staff. Got me on the right track in my treatment for Type 2 diabetes.
Lillington, NC |
I would definitely recommend him. Dr. Desai is an awesome doctor, he cares about his patients and really takes the time to listen to his patients.
Middlesex, NC |
Experience is always as expected and better. Would highly recommend.
in Rocky Mount, NC |
Dr. Desai is wonderful. He is not only knowledgeable and capable, but he actually cares about his patients. He takes time to address patient questions and really listens. He seeks to provide treatment that fits needs of the individual patient. This makes me feel valued and well cared for.
in pinetops, NC |
It was great, he took the time to really listen to me and my concerns.
in Rocky Mount, NC |
Dr Desai, through testing, determined that I had a brain tumor. He referred me to a specialist at Duke University Hospital where the tumor was successfully removed. He is currently treating me for mild diabetes. He is very sensitive to his patients needs and I highly recommend him.
in NASHVILLE , NC |
Dr Nila Desai is the best Doctor I ever had. He really care about his patience.
in Rocky Mount, NC |
Dr. Desai has been very thorough in my care. He responds to the information I share with him and has been willing to order tests that would provide the information he needs to treat my condition. Always listens and spends the appropriate time with me to answer questions and respond to my concerns. Recommend him highly.
in Rocky Mount, NC |
Routine check up, seen on time and very good at explaining future health needs.
in Rocky Mount, NC |
Dr. Desai is very knowledgeable about my Hashimoto's Thyroiditis autoimmune disease. He has been flexible and willing to treat my symptoms instead of worshiping my TSH labs. He did not hesitate to try Armour Thyroid when other doctors would not. He is always willing to discuss questions that I may have. We are lucky to have Dr. Desai in Rocky Mount, NC.
in Rocky Mount, NC |
The reason I would recommend Dr. Desai to my family and friends is because he takes the time to explain the symptoms you have and the medicine to take to help improve the problem. Dr. Desai is not a Doctor that rushes in and out of the room, he takes time to listen to the patient.
in Rocky Mount, NC |
Dr. Desai and his team of providers serve as an excellent support system for someone with Type 1 diabetes. I have visited numerous endocrinologists throughout my 28 yrs of having type 1 diabetes and Dr. Desai,which I've been with for 9 yrs, has by far been the most helpful and understanding in my care and treatment. I appreciate his knowledge and you can tell he really cares about your health.
in Rocky Mount, NC |
I would Highly recommend Dr. Desai for the treatment of type two Diabetes. He is very knowledgeable about treatment and containment of this disease. He also treats with confidentiality, care and respect.
in Rocky Mount, NC |
I have battled weight problems all my life. It took months to get an appointment with Dr. Desai. I can truly say it was worth the wait. I started my weight loss April of 2015. I'm pleased to say as of May 2016, I have lost a total of 47lbs. Dr. Nilay Desai told me what to eat and what to stop eating. Dr. Desai also suggested that I see a nutrionist I would encourage. Dr. Desai is the BEST!
in Wilson, North Carolina |
Very good caring doctor who listens and really tries to help his patient
Rocky Mount, NC |
Finding an endocrinologist who will listen is a challenge. If you are looking for a provider who will treat your symptoms and not just look at lab results, make an appointment with Dr. Desai. The front office people are professional and friendly. I haven't had to make an urgent appointment but I do not see where there would be a problem. Cleanliness and comfort is the responsibility of Boice Willis. Not Dr. Desai or his staff
in Spring Hope, NC |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Desai. He cares about his patients and listens to all concerns you may have. He has truly made my life better.
in Louisburg, NC |
Dr. Desai has treated me for hypothyroidism for 8 years now ( from hyperthyroidism/graves disease, through Total thyroidectomy) and My TSH levels have remained in very good ranges. He is very professional in his work and has excellent bedside manners. He is reliable and dependable with his diagnosis and very knowledgeable about his field of work. He takes the time needed to talk with his patients, addressing their concerns, while being very efficient and timely with the paperwork.
Rocky Mount, NC |
I have been diabetic for approximately thirty years but have been seeing Dr. Desai for about two years. In these two years Dr. Desai has diagnosed and treated my diabetes more effectively than any treatment I have ever received. He is extremely knowledgeable and takes time to explain and make certain I understand his instructions. He also makes sure I am given the opportunity to participate in all the educational programs provided by his office. I would highly recommend Dr. Desai.
in Wilson, NC |
Wonderful doctor! Knowledgeable and always works to find best combination of medication for the best possible outcome. Great listener, caring attitude and interested. Staff is also great and informative, courteous and friendly.
in Rocky Mount, NC |
very professional and knowledgeble in his field.
Raleigh, NC |
I have been with Dr. Desai for over 10 years! He provides great care, is very thorough, and makes me feel confident about my thyroid health.
in Roanoke Rapids, NC |
Dr. Desai displays true professionalism in his practice. He listens and explains your diagnosis an easy understandable terms. he provides the best care possible for his patients. I have recommended him to others and will continue to do so.
in Rocky Mount, NC |
Dr. Desai takes the time to explain your condition and make you feel comfortable. On my first visit, he was able to pinpoint my medical problem when several other doctors in this area had been unable to. He does not require constant visits to milk the insurance, but instead has one to come in only as truly required. On several occasions he has personally called to give results of tests, making me feel I was getting his full attention.
in Roanoke Rapids, NC |
I would highly recommend Dr. Desai. He listens to his patients. He has your best interest at heart. He is extremely thorough and is easy to talk too.
in Rocky Mount, NC |
Listened, discussed and provided options
in Tarboro, NC |
Dr. Desai is wonderful! He has really turned my life around. I have very poor quality of life when I first went to see him. Following is advice, recommendations and medicine changes, I am so much happier! Even recommended a co-worker.
Gaston, NC |
Dr. Desai is very open to listening to how you feel and not just assume how you feel by your blood work.
in Hollister, NC |
My mother has been seeing Dr. Desai for the past 8 years since moving here from Baltimore, MD. She sees him for diabetes and hypothyroidism. What I appreciate about him, is that while Dr. Desai always remains courteous and professional, he does not sugar-coat the truth about your condition(s) in doing so. His nursing and admin staff are also extremely courteous and professional. I would definitely recommend him (and his staff) to anyone who wants great quality care.
Complete exam, very thorough. He explained everything in detail,
Rocky Mount, NC |
Very thorough & caring. Listens to his patients & knows his stuff.
in Conway, NC |
I have been seeing Dr. Desai close to 10 years now. He has helped me with my hypothyroidism , and to keep it regulated. I was having a lot of problems keeping it regulated before him
Have you seen Dr. Nilay Desai, MD?
Are you Dr. Desai?

Visit Dr. Desai

Dr. Desai accepts 15 insurance carriers
  • American Republic
  • Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan
    Emblem Health
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MedCost