Dr. Nilay Desai, MD

Dr. Nilay Desai, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Male

901 N Winstead Ave, Rocky Mount, NC 27804 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Desai specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and practices in Rocky Mount, NC. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Desai? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Desai's Experience

See how Dr. Desai's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Desai

Dr. Desai accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Desai has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Desai's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Desai to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Desai
Dr. Desai's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (68)
in Fremont, NC |
Dr. Desai has been my doctor for over 5 year. I have had diabetes for more that 25 years. He is the smartest and well educated endocrinologist I have ever had. If you are having issues and takes the time to explain thing when I am having issues with my diabetes.
in Nashville, NC |
Dr. Desai has been my doctor for over 5 years. He is treating me for my Thyroid. He is a very good doctor who cares about his patients. I am thankful I have him as my doctor. Without him treating me, I don't think my health was be as good as it is today. If you need an Endocrinologist you need to see Dr. Nilay Desai. I have recommended him to friends. His staff is always friendly and helpful.
in Rocky Mount, NC |
He takes time to listen to you and then involves you in treating your medical issues. It is such a pleasure not to have to travel to Duke or UNC Chapel Hill to get the quality of care you would at those hospitals.
in littleton, nc |
loved dr. desai from the beginning..he is knowledgeable about my hypothyroid condition...always is very thorough in being proactive in going over ALL my medications with me. I have been seeing dr. desai for about 6 or 7 years and am very pleased....
in Rocky Mount, NC |
Very thorough with an excellent staff. Got me on the right track in my treatment for Type 2 diabetes.
Lillington, NC |
I would definitely recommend him. Dr. Desai is an awesome doctor, he cares about his patients and really takes the time to listen to his patients.
Middlesex, NC |
Experience is always as expected and better. Would highly recommend.
in Rocky Mount, NC |
Dr. Desai is wonderful. He is not only knowledgeable and capable, but he actually cares about his patients. He takes time to address patient questions and really listens. He seeks to provide treatment that fits needs of the individual patient. This makes me feel valued and well cared for.
in pinetops, NC |
It was great, he took the time to really listen to me and my concerns.
in Rocky Mount, NC |
Dr Desai, through testing, determined that I had a brain tumor. He referred me to a specialist at Duke University Hospital where the tumor was successfully removed. He is currently treating me for mild diabetes. He is very sensitive to his patients needs and I highly recommend him.
Dr Nila Desai is the best Doctor I ever had. He really care about his patience.
in Rocky Mount, NC |
Dr. Desai has been very thorough in my care. He responds to the information I share with him and has been willing to order tests that would provide the information he needs to treat my condition. Always listens and spends the appropriate time with me to answer questions and respond to my concerns. Recommend him highly.
in Rocky Mount, NC |
Routine check up, seen on time and very good at explaining future health needs.
in Rocky Mount, NC |
Dr. Desai is very knowledgeable about my Hashimoto's Thyroiditis autoimmune disease. He has been flexible and willing to treat my symptoms instead of worshiping my TSH labs. He did not hesitate to try Armour Thyroid when other doctors would not. He is always willing to discuss questions that I may have. We are lucky to have Dr. Desai in Rocky Mount, NC.
in Rocky Mount, NC |
Dr. Desai, is the most knowledgeable Dr. in his field that i have seen. He is very thorough and asks many questions. he also listens and responds with comments and suggestions in a very personable and lay term approach. Bottom line is that he has been there for me and has worked with me to individualize my health to my needs. He has been consistent in keeping my diabetes under control and well managed. He's a good man with heart...
in Rocky Mount, NC |
The reason I would recommend Dr. Desai to my family and friends is because he takes the time to explain the symptoms you have and the medicine to take to help improve the problem. Dr. Desai is not a Doctor that rushes in and out of the room, he takes time to listen to the patient.
in Rocky Mount, NC |
Dr. Desai and his team of providers serve as an excellent support system for someone with Type 1 diabetes. I have visited numerous endocrinologists throughout my 28 yrs of having type 1 diabetes and Dr. Desai,which I've been with for 9 yrs, has by far been the most helpful and understanding in my care and treatment. I appreciate his knowledge and you can tell he really cares about your health.
in Rocky Mount, NC |
I would Highly recommend Dr. Desai for the treatment of type two Diabetes. He is very knowledgeable about treatment and containment of this disease. He also treats with confidentiality, care and respect.
in Rocky Mount, NC |
I have battled weight problems all my life. It took months to get an appointment with Dr. Desai. I can truly say it was worth the wait. I started my weight loss April of 2015. I'm pleased to say as of May 2016, I have lost a total of 47lbs. Dr. Nilay Desai told me what to eat and what to stop eating. Dr. Desai also suggested that I see a nutrionist I would encourage. Dr. Desai is the BEST!
in Wilson, North Carolina |
Very good caring doctor who listens and really tries to help his patient
Rocky Mount, NC |
Finding an endocrinologist who will listen is a challenge. If you are looking for a provider who will treat your symptoms and not just look at lab results, make an appointment with Dr. Desai. The front office people are professional and friendly. I haven't had to make an urgent appointment but I do not see where there would be a problem. Cleanliness and comfort is the responsibility of Boice Willis. Not Dr. Desai or his staff
in Spring Hope, NC |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Desai. He cares about his patients and listens to all concerns you may have. He has truly made my life better.
in Louisburg, NC |
Dr. Desai has treated me for hypothyroidism for 8 years now ( from hyperthyroidism/graves disease, through Total thyroidectomy) and My TSH levels have remained in very good ranges. He is very professional in his work and has excellent bedside manners. He is reliable and dependable with his diagnosis and very knowledgeable about his field of work. He takes the time needed to talk with his patients, addressing their concerns, while being very efficient and timely with the paperwork.
Rocky Mount, NC |
I have been diabetic for approximately thirty years but have been seeing Dr. Desai for about two years. In these two years Dr. Desai has diagnosed and treated my diabetes more effectively than any treatment I have ever received. He is extremely knowledgeable and takes time to explain and make certain I understand his instructions. He also makes sure I am given the opportunity to participate in all the educational programs provided by his office. I would highly recommend Dr. Desai.
in Wilson, NC |
Wonderful doctor! Knowledgeable and always works to find best combination of medication for the best possible outcome. Great listener, caring attitude and interested. Staff is also great and informative, courteous and friendly.
in Rocky Mount, NC |
Dr. Desai cares a great deal about the health of his patients. He is firm, but fair in his assessments of patient situations. He wants the best for his patients and believes that better health can be achieved. I respect and like this doctor for being tough but honest.
in Rocky Mount, NC |
very professional and knowledgeble in his field.
Raleigh, NC |
I have been with Dr. Desai for over 10 years! He provides great care, is very thorough, and makes me feel confident about my thyroid health.
in Roanoke Rapids, NC |
Dr. Desai displays true professionalism in his practice. He listens and explains your diagnosis an easy understandable terms. he provides the best care possible for his patients. I have recommended him to others and will continue to do so.
in Rocky Mount, NC |
Dr. Desai takes the time to explain your condition and make you feel comfortable. On my first visit, he was able to pinpoint my medical problem when several other doctors in this area had been unable to. He does not require constant visits to milk the insurance, but instead has one to come in only as truly required. On several occasions he has personally called to give results of tests, making me feel I was getting his full attention.