Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Nikhil Wagle, MD
Dr. Nikhil Wagle joined Eye Surgeons Associates in 1999 as a glaucoma consultant and comprehensive ophthalmologist. Born and raised in Milwaukee, WI he received his medical degree from the University of Wisconsin and was inducted into the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society. He completed his internship at Northwestern University Medical School and residency at the world renowned Duke University Eye Center where he also achieved a fellowship in glaucoma and served as Chief Resident. Dr. Wagle is board certified and a diplomat of the American Board of Ophthalmology. He frequently lectures on glaucoma topics. Along with being a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, he also serves on the board of Pleasant Valley Community School District, Spring Park Surgery Center Board, and the speciality council for Genesis Hospital's ACO. His areas of special interest include: medical, laser and the latest surgical treatments of glaucoma, the latest techniques in cataract surgery including laser cataract refractive surgery with advanced technology intraocular lenses, and comprehensive ophthalmology. He resides in Bettendorf with his physician wife and two sons.

2001 5th St

Silvis, IL 61282

(309) 792-2020

• HAP Insurance
  • Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Wagle

Dr. Wagle's Experience

Dr. Wagle's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Scleral Reinforcement Surgery
  • Trabeculotomy Ab Externo
  • YAG Laser Capsulotomy

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University Of Wisconsin Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
  • Northwestern Center Feinberg School Of Medicine
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Duke University Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Duke University Med Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Wagle has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wagle does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wagle and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wagle's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wagle to family and friends
Dr. Wagle's Performance
in Geneseo, IL |
Dr. Wagle truly cares about all of his patients. He has taken care of my every need and every question. He takes time to make sure I have answers to all my questions and concerns. My recent cataract surgery on both eyes was scheduled, everything went well during and after surgery. He really makes me know that I am important and wants to make sure I know what to expect and what I need to do to have the best outcome. I am so very thankful to have him as my doctor.
in East Moline, Illinois |
I had cataracts removed by Dr. Wagle. Both eyes on different appointments, of course. I can honestly say this was the most UNstressful surgery that you can imagine. Dr. Wagle is a very caring Doctor, doesn't make you feel rushed. I did all the "aftercare", he told me to do, and had no pain or problems at all. I would certainly advise anyone needing cataracts removed, go to Dr. Wagle, he's the best!
Thank you for the wonderful recommendation!
in Moline, IL |
Dr. Wagle came highly recommended and now I know why. From our first meeting, Dr. Wagle made me feel very relaxed and comfortable. He walked me through the procedure step by step making sure that I understood everything involved in the process from prep to recovery. I couldn't be happier with the results. The staff were all exceedingly friendly as was Dr. Wagle. I would gladly recommend Dr. Wagle and Eye Surgeons to anyone considering eye surgery. Thank you all so very much
Thank you so much for the kind words, recommendation, and wonderful rating!
Davenport, IA |
After wearing glasses and contacts for almost 50 years I am able to wake up and see distance and read the newspaper without any glasses! Dr. Wagle performed double cataract surgery on my eyes and implanted toric lenses to correct my astigmatism and I can see better than I ever imagined! Dr. Wagle is very kind, knowledgeable and answered all my questions. He even called me at home after both procedures to see how I was doing. I would definitely recommend Dr. Wagle!
Thank you for the wonderful recommendation and rating. We greatly appreciate it.
in East Moline |
I've been a patient of Dr. Wagle for several years now, and recently went through cataract surgery. The entire experience went sooth as silk, from the preparations pre-op, to the follow up sessions post-op. I would certainly recommend him to all of my family and friends who may have need of his services. My experience went so well, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone. He's my FIVE STAR general.
Wow! Thanks for the kind words! And wonderful rating. We greatly appreciate it.
in Clinton, IA |
I've been going to Eye Surgeons for 10+ yrs. & have seen Dr. Wagle for most of that time. I am delighted to write a review and wholeheartedly recommend him to friends & family. Dr. Wagle is very caring and thorough and causes me to feel extremely valued as a person and a patient. He is much in demand, so advance scheduling is usually required, but that's not unusual in order to see someone who's reputed to be "one of the best" at what they do. I'm very happy with Eye Surgeons and Dr. Wagle.
Wow! Thanks for the review and sharing your experience with ESA and Dr. Wagle over the years. We truly appreciate it!
in Milan, IL |
Continual monitoring of glaucoma for several years. Recent cataract surgery . Offers explanations and answers questions.
in Bettendorf, IA |
What best i can say about this doctor.. He is my life saver..
Have you seen Dr. Nikhil Wagle, MD?

Visit Dr. Wagle