Dr. Nikhil N. Verma, MD

Dr. Nikhil N. Verma, MD

Sports Medicine | Male

I think the biggest evolution that we've seen, particularly in the field of sports medicine over the last 20 years, is really an evolution in our techniques in performing arthroscopic surgery. And along with that evolution in the surgical care comes rapid improvements in patient outcomes. And we see improvements in surgeries where patients may have been in the hospital for one, two, three days after surgery are now done routinely on an outpatient basis. And so what that translates for patients is they have less pain, less discomfort associated with the surgery, more rapid return of motion, more rapid return of strength, and ultimately more rapid return of function. For me to be able to take somebody who comes into my office and maybe comes in on crutches, is unable to walk, has difficulty or pain in a knee for example, and then to discharge them from my care six months later with a return to normal function and sports, that's a very tangible aspect of my job that's really very personally satisfying.Read more

Dr. Verma's Experience

See how Dr. Verma's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Verma

Dr. Verma accepts 5 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Verma has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Verma
Dr. Verma's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (44)
in Naperville, Ill. |
I must say Dr. Verma saved my shoulder from a failed shoulder repair. He did a reverse shoulded replacement and was so successful I have almost a 100% mobility and no pain at all. It's been a year sense the surgery and all has been well. The inconvience of a shoulder immobilizer for six weeks after surgery was the most discomfort I experienced. I had very little post surgery pain and that was controled with Naproxen 220mg twice dail. I'd highly recommend Dr. Verma.
in Crown Valparaiso, Indiana |
Right Shoulder Rotator cuff surgery repaired by Dr. Verma. Dr. Verma, did a great job, yes I would recommend Dr. Verma.
in Hanove Park |
Dr. Verma is very knowledgeable and friendly, respects and cares for his patient. He does not make quick decisions, tries resolving the health condition with therapy or other alternatives and if it doen't work than further goes with invasive procedure. Love the office and staff.
in Chicago, IL |
I would totally recommend Dr. Verma to family and friends as well. Dr. Verma has performed four surgeries on me i.e (rotator cuff, meniscus, and bi-lateral knee surgery) during a 2 1/2 year period. His professionalism, character, patience, and understanding demeanor puts Dr. Verma in a class by himself! I was well cared for and had a feeling of security and trust him and his staff as well.
in St John, IN |
18 months after Dr. Verma performed a total should replacement on my husband, he fell and broke the humerus on the same side. We were out of town, and we were able to talk to a doctor from his office while in the emergency room. Dr. Verma's direction, care and treatment has my husband well on his way to a great recovery. In the emergency situation and being out of town, I had contact whenever I needed to speak to a doctor until we could travel home for treatment by Dr. Verma. No one better!
in Deerfield |
Was refered by insurance company . He was kind and listened to what I had to say! Explained everything to me !
in Oak Forest, IL |
Dr. Verma and his staff are world-class. He repaired my Bucket-handle Tear of my Meniscus & also repaired damage that was done over 13 years ago during two prior knee reconstructions. I have not been this pain free & had this type of range of motion in my knee in over 13 years. The PT staff in their practice were critical in my post surgical success; they are also world-class. The office staff was professional, courteous and exceedingly helpful. I highly recommend Dr. Verma & his team.
in Lowell, IN |
I met Dr Verma when I finally admitted the pain I was experiencing had reached a level that affected my life in every aspect. From the moment I met him, I felt confident that he would lead me through whatever processes were needed to repair my shoulder. He has not disappointed in any way. Just 6 months after my initial appointement, and 3 months after my rotator cuff surgery, I have less pain and so much more mobility with that shoulder I am totally amazed.
in Gary, IN |
In 2014 Dr. Verma replaced my right shoulder that was totally deteriorated. Dr. Verma replaced the total shoulder. I had put off having this done for many years but it was a great experience. I never once had any pain with the surgery and never once have had a problem with my new shoulder. I will one day have to have my left shoulder done and will want Dr. Verma to do that surgery as well.
in Chicago, IL |
Having sustained a nasty tibial plateau fracture, I am very grateful to Dr. Verma for his skill and care restoring me to my very busy life. Although I am still rehabilitating my knee, I have resumed all my former activities including riding my horse! I consider myself very lucky to have had access to to excellent care.
in Naperville, IL |
I had a capsular release done. The results were phenomenal. Almost no pain and within 2 days I had recovered much of my flexibility. With physical therapy I was 100% in 45 days and cleared for golf. I had chosen Dr. Verma because of his outstanding reputation. Dr. Verma made me feel very comfortable from the moment I met him, and the results of my surgery even exceeded my high expectations.
in Westchester, IL |
Dr. Verma is a wonderful, personable doctor. He replaced my left shoulder three years ago and the surgery was successful. He is now helping me deal with my right knee. I would definitely recommend him to family and friends as he is a GREAT doctor. He has a great staff working with him. Disappointed that Jamie left the practice.
Have you seen Dr. Nikhil N. Verma, MD?
Are you Dr. Verma?

Compare Dr. Verma

Dr. Verma's Care Philosophy

Dr. Verma's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Sports Medicine
  •  Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Verma has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Verma's Board Certifications

• Orthopaedic Sports Medicine

• Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Cartilage Damage
  • Cartilage Tear
  • Elbow Pain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Foot Sprain
  • Golfer's Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Ligament Injuries
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
  • Shoulder Pain
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Sports Injuries
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures

University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1998

Rush-Presbyterian St. Luke's Medical Center

Completed in 2003

Sports Medicine and Shoulder Service Fellowship - The Hospital for Special Surgery

Completed in 2004

University of Michigan / Ann Arbor

Graduated in 1994

Dr. Verma does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Verma and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine

• Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement
  • Osteotomy
  • Partial Shoulder Replacement
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Reverse Total Shoulder and Total Shoulder Replacement
  • Shoulder Stabilizations
  • Total Shoulder Replacement
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.