Dr. Nikhil Nayak, MD

Dr. Nikhil Nayak, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 40

Neurosurgery

Dr. Nikhil Nayak, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Arlington, VA. He is affiliated with medical facilities Reston Hospital Center and Virginia Hospital Center. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Office Hours

Virginia Neurosurgeons

Virginia Neurosurgeons1625 N George Mason Dr Ste 445 Arlington, VA 22205
    • Sat: closed

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Nayak is affiliated with Reston Hospital Center Reston, a highly rated hospital.

• Practices at Top Hospital Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

More Neurosurgery Specialists at Reston Hospital Center

Dr. Nayak's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Nayak

Dr. Nayak

The right man for the job!
Years of ice skating and landscaping abuse resulted in lower extremity pain and mobility issues in excess of 20 years. I had consulted with entirely too many orthopedic and neurological professionals offering just as many different treatment plans. From my initial appointment, I knew Dr. Nayak was the perfect fit for me! He has a calm, confident manner. Open to questioning, without defense or ego, he presented his best opinions on treatment. Now, 6 weeks out, I have regained mobility I have not enjoyed for almost 10 years. Virginia Hospital Center made the surgical admission and stay easy. I was assessed daily by Dr. Nayak, his PA, his partner Dr. Murray, NP's and/or hospitalists. Outside of the hospital, I have had 2 in person consultations and 1 video consultation with Dr. Nayak and an in person assessment with the PA Ms. Patel. All have been seamlessly scheduled. The surgical coordinator, Annie was invaluable and versed in many topics, she is a true asset to the practice!
Andra Wild – Apr 28, 2022
Positive results and outcome
6 week follow up. Pain and restrictive mobility is no longer an issue. Almost back to normal.
Mar 08, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nikhil Nayak, MD?
My surgery went exactly as planned and the results have been ideal!
Feb 19, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nikhil Nayak, MD?
Dr Nayak is a skilled neurosurgeon, with an outstanding bedside manner. The results of a recent spinal fusion procedure were outstanding. Several years of back and leg pain were significantly alleviated. I highly recommend Dr Nayak, his surgical team, and the Northern Virginia Hospital Center.
Bruce Brown – Jan 21, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nikhil Nayak, MD?
Dr. Nyak is a compassionate, caring, and skillful surgeon. I had to have emergency surgery to protect my mobility . The office staff are friendly and very helpful. Wait time for an appointment is minimal. Once you sign in for your appointment the you are called into an exam room generally within minutes,
J.Ludwic – Dec 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nikhil Nayak, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Nayak by my primary care physician after an MRI found obstructive hydrocephalus caused by a hemangioma (cavernoma). After a month of debilitating migraines, nausea and disorientation, I met with Dr. Nayak who explained the condition, options for treatment, and what I can expect moving forward. Simply put, Dr. Nayak is fantastic. He clearly explained the VP shunt surgery to both my husband and I, answered all of our questions (and even provided information to questions I hadn't thought about), and was thorough when describing a post-surgery recovery. Dr. Nayak is personable, patient, and an incredibly talented surgeon.
Sara Bryant – Dec 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nikhil Nayak, MD?
I am a very active 73 year old male who had no history of back problems prior to 2021. I had successful back surgery at Virginia Hospital Center, performed by Dr. Nayak in May 2021. My back condition had deteriorated rapidly from OK in January to very painful and difficult to walk in May. MRI Imaging showed a collapsed disc and Dr. Nayak was able to surgically eliminate the disc pressure on the spine and relieve all the pain. I am now back to running and exercising, playing golf, and doing the things that I did before surgery, with no pain. Dr. Nayak's diagnosis and prognosis was very reassuring to me, and my decision to proceed with Dr. Nayak's surgical repair to my back was proven correct. I would recommend Dr. Nayak and the Virginia Hospital Center to anyone.
Dan Hunt – Oct 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nikhil Nayak, MD?
Excellent surgeon. He did a minimally invasive procedure to relieve my sciatica pain. Professional. 10 weeks out and doing very well. Very little pain from the procedure.
Larry – Sep 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nikhil Nayak, MD?
An extraordinary neurosurgeon credited for saving my husband's life. Sadly after suffering gross complications due to the negligence of a prior neurological surgeon, Dr. Nayak successfully completed warranted surgery that ultimately saved his life. Without question he is a phenomenal surgeon! Given the opportunity to be his patient, know that you are in very skillful, trustworthy hands.
Kateri Plumb – Aug 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nikhil Nayak, MD?
Dr. Nayak is an excellent neurosurgeon. Obviously, very knowledgeable and skillful but also very personable. I had excellent results with my microdiscectomy/laminectomy and would highly recommend him to anyone with similar back issues.
Jun 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nikhil Nayak, MD?
Dr. Nayak is a compassionate and superbly skillful neurosurgeon who had practically saved and renewed my life. I had unbearable severe pain radiated from back to legs and life was so miserable that it was not worth living for. I could hardly walk or sleep due to the terrible pain. Dr. Nayak pinpointed the issue and the complicated surgery was a great success. His team is also excellent in providing pre/post surgery services. I like to express my deep gratitude to Dr. Nayak and his team for enabling me to enjoy life again ! Very much appreciated !
Peter Woo – Jun 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nikhil Nayak, MD?
Dr, Nayak is a very caring personable person. He explained things in detail in a way you could understand. He showed us what my back should look like, then what it really looked like. He also explained what needed to be done and the results it would bring. All I can say is after 11 years of back pain, I am now pain free. I have testified to many about the doctor's work. I thank him and I thank God for my healing.
Wilmer Stewart – May 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nikhil Nayak, MD?
It would be hard to imagine a neurosurgeon with more insight than Dr. Nayak. Although I chose to go with another neurosurgeon (for reasons that were unrelated to Dr. Nayak himself) to remove my brain tumor, my encounters with him left me with extraordinary confidence in his capability, insight, and passion for his work. Dr. Nayak personally reviewed my MRIs and then pushed back against the prevailing (and in the end, incorrect) interpretation of them. Not only did he get the diagnosis right, but he correctly predicted the exact type and grade of tumor I had - something which no other expert I consulted was able to do. That doesn't happen by chance. And each step of the way, Dr. Nayak was reassuring, supportive, and compassionate - qualities that are increasingly hard to find in modern medicine. All of this just to say that when you are facing a serious challenge which may require neurosurgery, Dr. Nayak and his team are the ones you want on your team.
Doug – Apr 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nikhil Nayak, MD?
Dr. Nayak is a skilled surgeon and a caring physician. From our first meeting, he listened carefully, evaluated my case meticulously, and clearly communicated all of my options and his recommendation. This was my third spinal surgery and it was complicated by some other health issues, the passage of time required to address those, and the retirement of the neurosurgeon who did the first two surgeries in the meantime. Dr. Nayak took it all into account and mapped out a path forward with the greatest chance of success. I’m so thankful to have ended up under his care and able to walk again!
Apr 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nikhil Nayak, MD?
Dr. Nayak and his team are amazing. He performed major brain surgery on me, and it was a tremendous success. I felt great right after surgery, and was able to go home within two days. Six weeks later I still feel fantastic and am back to my normal work and exercise routines. His great surgery was also validated by several other independent experts (at Johns Hopkins, Georgetown and the University of Virginia) who reviewed my post-operative MRIs. In addition, Dr. Nayak took the time to build a relationship with me and my family ahead of the surgery, making sure that we understood the procedure, the need for it and what I would experience during recovery. He has a fantastic bed-side manner and a great sense of humor, which I found very comforting during a very stressful time. The entire staff at Virginia Neurosurgeons, his office, have been incredibly helpful and responsive throughout, handling all of my post-operative visits, questions and needs with care, quickly and efficiently.
Apr 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nikhil Nayak, MD?
My experience with Dr. Nayak was excellent. I was diagnosed with mild scoliosis as a child and thought it might have something to do with general back pain I had been experiencing off and on for a while. Dr. Nayak was honest and direct with his assessment that my issues came most likely came from poor sleep hygiene. His explanation was clear, easy to understand, and polite. I especially appreciated his patience in giving me the time to fully explain my issues and ask questions. Sure enough with better sleep hygiene and a new mattress my back issues improved significantly. Ultimately I think that Dr. Nayak saved me a lot of time and hassle with his expertise.
Jason – Apr 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nikhil Nayak, MD?
I was admitted to the hospital for symptoms of upper and lower extremity numbness, I had a million dollar work up MRI’s and cat scans. I saw Dr.Nayak’s PA but only saw the Dr. him self on the day I was discharged 5 days later. And a Neurologist they both kept saying there was nothing wrong with me, we don’t know what your problem is. They were making me feel like I was crazy! I was discharged after five days and got a second opinion it turns out I had a herniated disc in my neck that was causing all my symptoms a neurosurgeon picked it out right away! So did Dr. Nanak even look at my MRI images or did he just go off of the radiology report which was grossly inaccurate.in any event use caution and get a second opinion if you are ever in this situation and if you feel something is wrong seek that second opinion. Very disappointed that I suffered so much longer then I needed to.
Mar 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nikhil Nayak, MD?
Dr. Nayak came very highly recommended from my primary care physician, who is also a close friend. Dr. Nayak was one of four surgeons I met with prior to choosing a surgeon to treat me. Dr. Nayak's approach to my exam was comprehensive and thoughtful. Unlike other surgeons who conducted a "cursory examine" and simply looked at the MRIs. After a full exam, Dr. Nayak reviewed the MRI images with me, taking time to explain exactly what we were seeing and what problems existed. Once I understood the problem, he explained the various methods of resolving my issues. He empowered me to understand what we were going to do, why, what the highest probability outcomes were, what potential challenges we may face, and what results we were looking for. Armed with this knowledge I was able to make a confident decision and arrived at my surgery date fully informed and comfortable. The results exceeded my expectations in every way. My pain and limited mobility were fully resolved.
Rob Reich – Jan 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nikhil Nayak, MD?
My experience with Dr. Nayak was top notch. I was very fortunate to be referred to him by my doctor. My surgery was successful and I feel better than ever! I truly recommend his services to anyone.
Teresa V. – Nov 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nikhil Nayak, MD?
Dr Nayak was very knowledgeable and supportive. He made referrals for an MRI and for PT. I appreciated his comcern and deep knowledge.
Dan Hawkins – Nov 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nikhil Nayak, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Nayak?