Dr. Niharika Mettu, MD

Medical Oncology | Female

Duke Cancer Center 20 Duke Medicine Cir Durham, NC 27710 Get Directions
Dr. Niharika Mettu, MD
Dr. Niharika Mettu, MD is a medical oncology doctor who practices in Durham, NC. She is 39 years old and has been practicing for 9 years. Dr. Mettu is affiliated with Duke University Hospital.

Dr. Mettu's Care Philosophy

My passion is the treatment of patients with gastrointestinal (GI) malignancies. I strive to take the very best care of my patients that I possibly can. Working with world-class colleagues and a multidisciplinary team which includes radiation and surgical oncologists makes this possible. I first became interested in oncology as a first-year medical student when I got to see tumors in my pathology class. I came to appreciate the beauty of the gastrointestinal tract while observing GI surgeries as a second-year medical student. My fascination with how cancers develop and how we may develop new therapies to treat cancer led me to pursue a PhD in molecular cancer biology. This training honed the critical thinking skills that I still use to this day as I think critically about how best to treat my patients. The close relationships that oncologists have with patients and their families clinched my decision to pursue a career as a medical oncologist. During my fellowship training I sought out subspecialty training in GI oncology. When I am not working I enjoy spending time with my husband and three young children and running.

Dr. Mettu's Experience

See how Dr. Mettu's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mettu

Dr. Mettu accepts 4 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Mettu has admitting privileges.

Dr. Mettu's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mettu to family and friends
3.0
based on 2 total reviews (1 with a comment)
Dr. Mettu's Performance
in Wake Forest, NC |
Dr Mettu was very professional and appeared to be concerned about my situation. She gave several recommendations for treatment and carefully explained how she planned to proceed
Have you seen Dr. Niharika Mettu, MD?
Are you Dr. Mettu?

Compare Dr. Mettu

Dr. Mettu's Care Philosophy

Dr. Mettu's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Medical Oncology
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology

Dr. Mettu has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. Mettu's Board Certifications

• Medical Oncology

• Anal Disorders
  • Anal and Rectal Cancer
  • Anemia
  • Blood Disorders
  • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
  • Colorectal Cancer

Duke University Medical Center

Completed in 2011

Duke University Medical Center

Completed in 2014

Dr. Mettu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mettu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Medical Oncology

Dr. Mettu does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Mettu and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.