Dr. Niharika Mettu, MD

Dr. Niharika Mettu, MD

Medical Oncology  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Niharika Mettu, MD is a medical oncology specialist in Durham, NC and has been practicing for 4 years. She graduated from Duke University School Of Medicine in 2008 and specializes in medical oncology.Read her story

20 Duke Medicine Cir

Durham, NC 27710

Learn about Dr. Mettu

See how frequently Dr. Mettu performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Pancreatic Cancer
Secondary Malignancies
Anal Disorders
high

Dr. Mettu's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Mettu's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Mettu "Please see above for my biography."

This content was provided by Dr. Mettu "My passion is the treatment of patients with gastrointestinal (GI) malignancies. I strive to take the very best care of my patients that I possibly can. Working with world-class colleagues and a multidisciplinary team which includes radiation and surgical oncologists makes this possible. I came to appreciate the beauty of the gastrointestinal tract while observing GI surgeries as a second-year medical student. My fascination with how cancers develop and how we may develop new therapies to treat cancer led me to pursue a PhD in molecular cancer biology. This training honed the critical thinking skills that I still use to this day as I think critically about how best to treat my patients. The close relationships that oncologists have with patients and their families clinched my decision to pursue a career as a medical oncologist. When I am not working I enjoy spending time with my husband and four young children and running."

• Medical Oncology

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
  • Medical Oncology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Duke University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2008
  • Duke University Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2011
  • Duke University Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Mettu has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Mettu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mettu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mettu's Reviews

3.0
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mettu to family and friends
2 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Dr. Mettu's Performance

Dr. Mettu Says:
"

Thank you for taking the time to rate your experience at the Duke Cancer Center. It is my pleasure to care for my patients, and I would welcome any opportunity to improve our practice at the Duke Cancer Center.

"

Dr Mettu was very professional and appeared to be concerned about my situation. She gave several recommendations for treatment and carefully explained how she planned to proceed
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0