Dr. Nicole Basa, MD

Bariatric Surgery | Female

Dr. Nicole Basa, MD
Dr. Basa is a compassionate, caring surgeon who individualizes the care for each patient's disease process because each patient is unique. She has won multiple awards including being voted Best of the Best Surgeon, in the Hill Country News for 4 years in a row from 2012-2015, Vitals Patient's Choice Award for over 6 years, Top 10 Surgeon Award, and Compassionate Doctor Award for over 6 years. She is also a Texas Rising Star Surgeon in Super Doctors for 2 years in a row and was voted best Surgeon in Austin Monthly 2012. She appreciates these awards but she finds the most reward coming from each patient as they become healthier after surgery.

Dr. Basa's Care Philosophy

Compassionate, Specialized healthcare

Dr. Basa's Experience

See how Dr. Basa's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Basa

Dr. Basa accepts 15 insurance carriers

Dr. Basa is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 8 hospitals where Dr. Basa has admitting privileges.

Dr. Basa's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Basa to family and friends
    Dr. Basa Says:

Thank you to all Dr. Basa's patients who have shared their feedback for her care.  We value your feedback and we strive to continue to improve our practice.  If you have any concerns please call us at 512-260-3444.  Thank you for letting us serve you!

Dr. Basa's Performance
    in Round Rock, TX |
    Dr. Basa is awesome! I had a Gastric Sleeve procedure with her on June 16, 2017. I have amazingly had absolutely no issues with it. She and her staff are very comprehensive with the pre-work, preparing you for the procedure and then offer excellent follow-up care. She is very knowledgeable, professional, and has great bedside manners. Her office is easy to set appointments with and contact for questions. I highly recommend Cedar Park Surgeons if you are considering a bariatric surgery.
    Taylor, TX |
    As a nurse, I looked for an office and surgeon that was willing to go above and beyond. Dr. Basa is an amazing surgeon and really takes the time to listen and explain. After my surgery, I had to call the office with a concern and Dr. Albando personally called me back. He was very down to earth and willing to what was needed. The entire staff is kind and treats you like family. Jessica, the dietician, is very knowledgeable and dedicated to what she does. I love her encouragement and education. Yo
    in Cedar Park, TX |
    Dr. Basa has helped three members of my family. My husband needed a skin tag removed, which she did, in-office, my daughter received weight loss guidance (down 85lbs without surgery) and I am currently receiving weight loss services through their Ideal Protein meal plan. I am down 25lbs in 5 weeks! I highly recommend Dr. Basa and her team for your surgical and weight loss needs!
    in Austin, TX |
    Dr. Basa and her staff are so friendly and professional. They have been readily available for all of my questions, and have worked with me to get my procedure scheduled quickly. I met with a few other offices and this one far exceeds my expectations.
    in Hutto, Tx |
    Never felt more comfortable than i have with Dr. Basa and her staff..I for once look forward to my surgery. Awesome business!
    in Liberty Hill, Tx |
    Dr Basa truly cares about her patients. She is a wonderful surgeon and highly skilled. She has operated on me twice and I recovered so quickly! I appreciate her so much!
    in Cedar Park, TX |
    Great office and staff! Dr. Basa is very sweet and knowledgeable. The staff has it together and they streamline the process. Totally recommend!
    in Cedar Park, texas |
    Dr. Basa is an extraordinary physician. She is very compassionate towards her patients. She treats you like you are her only patient(which says alot because she is a busy doc) she listens to everything you have to say. I have been to doctors who just want to write you and prescription and have you on your way. NOT Dr. Basa! I could go on and on why she is a great doc but there isnt enough room on here. Bottom line you want to be treated right Go see Dr. Basa!
    in Leander, TX |
    Amazing doctor. She really focuses on patient care. I was very sick under her care and she and her nursing staff were always there for me.
    in Burnet TX |
    Dr. Basa and staff from day one made me feel at ease with this life change i have been considering. Everyone including Dr. Abando has made my last few days bearable with trying to adjust to my new stomach. I highly recommend Cedar Park Surgeons.
    in Hutto, TX |
    Dr. Basa has completely changed my life. She is so professional and easy to work with. The staff is very courteous and friendly. The program was very easy to go through and they are available for any questions you might have. I would not change anything about my journey with Dr. Basa!!!!
    Austin, TX |
    Not enough characters: ADA issues; did not look at any provided medical history; brought a student in with her without seeking permission first; was unaware of ADA limitations I had, etc.... She very nice, clearly knows HER stuff, but very little about other conditions that impact this procedure.
    Atlanta, GA |
    My daughter is a patient of Dr. Basa. Dr. Basa and her staff were courteous and informative. We have emailed back and forth with the office staff. They are very prompt and helpful. On my daughter's first visit, Dr. Basa was tied up with another patient so we waited a little extra. But her staff kept checking on us, offering us water, and then the coordinator went ahead and did her part so we wouldn't have to do it after the physician visit. We are all very pleased with the service!
    in Leander, TX |
    Dr. Basa is the most amazing doctor I have had the honor of being a patient with. She truly cares for her patients and is definitely hands on and takes the time to listen to your concerns and most importantly I appreciate that Dr Basa educates you along the way so you have complete understanding of what, why, and when!!!! Thank you Dr Basa and staff at Cedar Park Surgeons - I appreciate you all!!!
    in Austin, TX |
    Dr. Basa & Dr. Abondo were absolutely amazing. From my first meeting with Dr. Abondo, they were with me every step of the way. Their office supported me at every turn, and they were an awesome surgical team that did a fabulous job and made it as easy as it possibly could be. I can't recommend them enough - and I am so grateful that my primary care doctor referred me to them because she knew how great they are!
    in Round Rock, TX |
    I am seeing Dr. Basa for bariatic surgery. Dr. Basa and her team have been very professional and have answered all my questions. Following her instructions, I am feeling better and am confident in the upcoming surgery. I would recommend Dr. Basa to anyone needing bariatic surgery.
    in Marble Falls, TX |
    She and her staff are amazing! They are informative and friendly. My surgery is this Friday and I feel confident that I will be well taken care of!!! ??
    Austin, TX |
    Dr. Basa, Jessica & staff are AMAZING!! They truly helped me change my life!! Nothing but supportive and there when I need them via phone, email, support groups.
    in Round Rock, TX |
    Dr. Basa and the staff at Cedar Park Surgeons are fantastic. So professional and helpful. Everything was explained in detail and then some. I would highly recommend them to anyone seeking a bariatric surgeon.
    in Leander TX |
    Don't trust your health with anyone else! Dr. Basa is by far the best.
    in Cedar park, tx |
    It's pretty simple. Dr. Basa saved my life. I went in with every reason in the world to back out and she helped me. She has been sympathetic and very thorough. I felt safe. I owe my success to her and the staff at Cedar Park Surgeons
    in Channelview, TX |
    I absolutey love Dr. Basa and her fantastic staff. The whole process from consultation to surgery day and beyond was beyond anything I've ever experienced. Any questions or concerns that I had were always addressed in a timely manner. I absolutely, 100%, recommend Dr. Basa!!
    in Brownwood, Texas |
    Dr. Basa and her entire staff are amazing. Dr. Basa makes you feel like you're the only patient she has scheduled for the day. She takes the time to answer and questions and alleviate any fears you may have. Her staff is very responsive to calls, questions, and are professional.
    Austin, TX |
    I was highly impressed with the level of care that both my son and I received from this practice. We both needed surgeries for different reasons and the surgeons here treated us respectfully and professional. The medical staff is also excellent. Helpful pre-op and post-op. Always available to answer any questions and concerns. I am grateful my primary care doctor recommended this practice, I couldn't be happier with my son's and my outcomes.
    in Cedar Park, TX |
    I was pretty sick with an infected gallbladder. Dr. Basa got me in immediately and scheduled surgery for the following day. Everything went beautifully. Went in for my follow up and everything looks great. Dr.Basa is attentive, and has a great bedside manner. Her office staff is always professional, friendly, and courteous . I had a great experience considering, and I would reccomend her to anyone needing surgery.
    in Leander, TX |
    Dr. Basa was very professional and did a great job with my surgery. I was incredibly nervous but she made me feel more comfortable by answering all of my questions so I knew exactly what to expect. Everything turned out great and healed perfectly! Her office staff was very helpful and friendly, too.
    in Lago Vista, TX |
    Dr. Basa has restored my faith in conventional medical doctors! She is an incredible surgeon AND has a wonderful bedside manner. She is kind, compassionate, confident and takes her time explaining and answering questions. She has a way of making her patients feel at ease and cared for. She was the second surgeon I visited. The first one was awful...she was cold and tried to scare me into making certain decisions. Dr. Basa was the complete opposite. I am so grateful to have found her!
    in Round Rock, TX |
    Dr. Basa & her team are amazing. They will answer any questions & take as much time with you as needed. There's a Facebook group for the bariatric patients. Dr. Basa is on the page and will answer your questions. I haven't dealt with a surgeon who is that active & involved with their patients outside of the operating room. If you're considering bariatric surgery, you need to visit with Dr. Basa and her team. I highly recommend their services.
    in Taylor, TX |
    Dr. Basa is the most compassionate and kindest surgeon I have ever met. She took the time to explain exactly every detail of my procedure. I highly recommend her for anyone who is planning on having bariatric surgery!! She is the best!!
    in Georgetown, TX |
    Dr.Basa need more patients and she does her job. I was examined and I chose a time and date for the surgery. But the previous day at 4:15pm I receive a call from the hospital saying my surgery is moved from 10am to 11:30am and that too they were not sure. The person said that Dr.Basa moved in another patient in my slot. But there were no calls from the Doctors office asking me about the change in time. I was confused. I was taken in for 10am but had my surgery at 12:30noon. Under fasting it is !
    in Austin, TX |
    When I first saw Dr. Basa, she was very kind and understanding of my condition. She was very thorough and took precautions to get more information and run more tests about my condition before she recommended surgery. Dr. Basa is very personable, and professional. She took very good care of me after the surgery and made sure I was comfortable. I would highly recommend her. I just love Dr. Basa!!
    Amazing physician, great care and bedside manner. Highly recommend.
    Have you seen Dr. Nicole Basa, MD?
    Are you Dr. Basa?

Dr. Basa says...

Dr. Basa is a compassionate, caring surgeon who individualizes the care for each patient's disease process because each patient is unique.  She has won multiple awards including being voted Best of the Best Surgeon, in the Hill Country News for 4 years in a row from 2012-2015, Vitals Patient's Choice Award for over 6 years, Top 10 Surgeon Award, and Compassionate Doctor Award for over 6 years.  She is also a Texas Rising Star Surgeon in Super Doctors for 2 years in a row and was voted best Surgeon in Austin Monthly 2012.  She appreciates these awards but she finds the most reward coming from each patient as they become healthier after surgery.

Dr. Basa's Care Philosophy

Compassionate, Specialized healthcare

Dr. Basa says...

Dr. Basa is a board certified General Surgeon with an advanced fellowship in Minimally Invasive surgery.  She has been in practice in Cedar Park for 8 years.  She treats a variety of conditions from Obesity to Breast Cancer.  She continues to seek advanced skills during her practice and has recently obtained certification in Breast Ultrasound by the American Society of Breast Surgeons.  She performs ultrasound guided breast biopsies for her patients in the office.

Dr. Basa also uses robotic technology for her surgical patients.  She was the first surgeon in Central Texas to perform a completely robotic gastric bypass almost 5 years ago.  She continues to provide her patient's with the most cutting edge technology to help them heal and return back to their daily activities sooner.

Dr. Basa takes a very caring, individualized and compassionate approach to each patient she treats.

Dr. Basa says...

Dr. Basa has specialized training in Minimally Invasive Surgery.  She uses this training in all areas of surgery from Abdominal surgery to Breast Surgery.  She has excellent outcomes in both Bariatric and Breast Surgery.

Dr. Basa says...

Dr. Basa's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Bariatric Surgery
    •  Board certified in General Surgery

• Patient's Choice Award, 2008-2010
      • Compassionate Doctor Recognition, 2010
      • Most Outstanding Chief Surgical Resident, 2006
      • Interval jejunoileal bypass reduces the morbidity and mortality of Roux en Y gastric bypass in the Super Obese, 10/2003
      • Corticotropin-releasing factor receptor 1- deficient mice do not develop postoperative gastric ileus, 9/2003
      • Laparoscopic Transgastric Removal of eroded adjustable band: a novel approach, 4/2008
      • Bacterial Lipopolysaccharide shifts fasted plasma ghrelin to postprandial levels in rats., 5/2003
      • Improved Outcomes using a systematic and evidence based approach to the laparoscopic roux en y gastric bypass in a single academic institution., 10/2007
      • LPS inhibitis fasted plasma ghrelin levels in rats: role of IL-1 and PGs and functional implications., 10/2006
      • Surgical clips: a nidus for foreign body reaction after hepatic resection, 12/2005
      • Staphylococcal Osteomyelitis in a Pediatric Patient, 10/2004

• Inguinal Hernia
    • Kidney Cancer
    • Leukocytosis
    • Lipomas
    • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
    • Myelodysplastic Syndromes
    • Myeloproliferative Disorders
    • Nodular Lymphoma
    • Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
    • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
    • Prostate Cancer

Graduated in 1996

• Other Education
      Research Fellow Inst

Completed in 2003

Dr. Basa does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Basa and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Bariatric Surgery
    • Breast Surgical Oncology
    • Colon & Rectal Surgery
    • General Surgery
    • Oncoplastic Surgery

• Adjacent Tissue Transfer
    • Appendectomy, Laparoscopic
    • Appendectomy, Open
    • Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
    • Biopsy of Breast