Dr. Nicolas Ajkay, MD

Dr. Nicolas Ajkay, MD

General Surgery  |
Dr. Nicolas Ajkay, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Louisville, KY. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Dr. Ajkay is affiliated with University of Louisville Hospital.

401 E Chestnut St Unit 710

Louisville, KY 40202

Learn about Dr. Ajkay

See how frequently Dr. Ajkay performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Breast Surgical Procedure
Breast Diseases
Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision

Dr. Ajkay's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• General Surgery

• Breast Cancer
  • Breast Lump
  • Carcinoma in Situ
  • Cholecystitis and Gallstones
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Lipomas
  • Lung Cancer
  • Pancreatic Cancer
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Pleural Effusion

• Heart Surgery
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparotomy
  • Sphincterotomy
  • Thoracentesis
  • Thromboendarterectomy or Excision of Infected Graft
  • Tracheal Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kentucky.

• Fac Med Col Mayor Rosario, Bogota
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
  • University Of Kentucky Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008
  • Bryn Mawr Rehabilitation Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Ajkay has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ajkay does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ajkay and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ajkay's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ajkay to family and friends
Dr. Ajkay's Performance
in Louisville |
Dr. Ajkay was a breath of fresh air during a suffocating time for our family as my mother dealt with breast cancer. He was patient, and made you feel like you were the only priority every time we met. He listened to concerns, explained things in a way that we understood, and his bedside manner was exceptional. Making sure we were well informed up to the minute she went back for surgery, and checked on her in the hospital and followed up after she was home. Highly, highly recommend him.
Prospect, KY |
I cannot begin to say enough about my experience with Dr. Ajkay....in a very difficult time in my life. His knowledge, professionalism and his consideration made the experience bearable. He embodies characteristic of an excellent physician.
in Louisville, ky |
EXCELLENT care from surgeon and his wonderfully experienced team. Could not ask for better and I'm picky. I've been in healthcare for 26 years so know when I see 5 stars. Mendy, his medical assistant, is amazing. She always returns phone calls and sometimes just listens. BIG THANKS to all involved in my care. I had lumpectomy aug 1 2017. I tell everybody that if you have to have breast cancer, then need to see this surgeon and his team/staff. Thankful and blessed. Amen
in Louisville, KY |
The first meeting of Dr. Ajkay, was amazing. He and his staff, but him alone was veru compassionate, caring and loving toward my new diagnosis. He broke the procedure down in lament terms to have me understand the diagnosis, and the procedure to come. My nurse Navigator and Genectics was awesome as well. I was very nervous and scare, but once I left their office, 110% of my stress was relieved. They are a awesome group of providers. We need more professionals like them. Be blessed.
in corydon, indiana |
I was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 40. I made an appointment with Dr. Ajkay and I was so nervous to go to a cancer center. From the time I walked in the door, to registering, to the nurses and then Dr. Ajkay, I was so glad I was there. Dr. Ajkay is a very patient and concerned surgeon. He has the best bed side manner ever. I had many questions and he took his time to answer them to my understanding. He and his staff are great!
in Louisville, KY |
I was diagnosed with breast cancer in January and referred to Dr. Ajkay. Having never had any medical problems in my life, I had no idea what to expect. I have never met a more compassionate, caring person in my life and to have him as my Dr. Has been a blessing. He has been available and patient to answer all my questions and concerns. He did everything medically possible to prevent a mastectomy but in the end I did have to have my breast removed. Dr. Ajkay and his staff are now amazing team
in Louisville, Kentucky |
I was dx with stage 1 breast cancer at the age of 45. My gyn sent me to Dr. Ajkay. I was really nervous about going to a cancer dr. I met Dr. Ajkay and I loved him. He explained everything to me and my family and was so patient with all our questions. I am so glad he was my surgeon.
I was referred to Dr Ahkay by my gynecologist because my mammogram and genetic testing came back abnormal. I very hesitant about seeing someone from the Brown Cancer Center. However, Dr Ahkay was very professional and really took the time to answer any questions I had. I would recommend him to anyone. I only gave 4 stars because of the nurse practitioner in his office. She wasn't very friendly or had that caring quality to her.
Have you seen Dr. Nicolas Ajkay, MD?
Are you Dr. Ajkay?