Dr. Nicola Corbett, MD

Dr. Nicola Corbett, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. Corbett earned her medical degree from M.D. University of Texas Health Science Center School of Medicine, San Antonio, TX in May 2003. She completed her Orthopaedics Surgery Residency at the Tulane University Medical Center, New Orleans, where she served as Chief Orthopaedic Surgery Resident from July 2007 through June 2008. Also, while at Tulane University Medical Center, Dr. Corbett served as a Foot and Ankle Fellow Instructor from August 2008 through July 2009.Dr. Corbett is certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, Foot and Ankle Specialist, Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Specialist. She is a member of the Louisiana Orthopaedic Association, the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and a candidate member of the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society. In addition to specializing in foot and ankle, Dr. Corbett also has special interest and experience in Hand and Upper Extremity surgery.Dr. Corbett practices at the Ochsner Orthopedics Health Center-Slidell located on the Ochsner Medical Center-North Shore campus in the Neuroscience Building at 104 Medical Center Drive, Slidell.

Learn about Dr. Corbett

My understanding of the relationship between a physician and patient is that we work together to accomplish a desired goal. My principle roll is to provide the patient with accurate information about their condition or diagnosis. That usually includes defining non-operative and operative options for treatment that are available in managing a particular condition. As an orthopedic surgeon, my skills include a variety of very specific surgical procedures which benefit patients with orthopedic conditions. I give my best effort in applying my skills, my experience, advancing and ever changing technologies and my judgment to each circumstance or situation. I strive to provide the highest level and quality of care to all of my patients.

Dr. Corbett's Experience

Dr. Corbett's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon

• Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist Replacement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• Univ Of Tx Med Sch At San Antonio
    Medical School | Graduated 2003

Dr. Corbett has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Corbett does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Corbett and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Corbett's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Corbett to family and friends
4.3

Ochsner Health System

also has reviews with comments for this provider:

logo for Ochsner Health System
SEE THESE REVIEWS AND COMMENTS
Dr. Corbett's Performance
in Covington, LA |
Dr. Corbett came highly recommended from the ER Doctor we saw. However, Dr. Corbett exceeded our expectations. She was from the beginning professional, polite, positive, and made me feel at ease about my condition and impending surgery. Her attitude and professionalism is so contagious that you even feel the healing begin before the procedure. She is definitely a top tier Surgeon and MD.
in Covington, LA |
Fractured my ankle climbing Mt Everest (not true) I saw Dr Corbett on Tuesday 9th and she did surgery on the 10th. (9 screws/1 plate) She did an excellent job --I am very pleased.
in Folsom, LA |
Dr. Corbett came highly recommended to me by another MD at Ochsner. I underwent extensive corrective surgery of my plantar fasia that was basically "shredded" with Dr. Corbett. Dr. Corbett made sure that I totally understood the injury and the surgery that was needed to correct it. I had no problems with my recovery from the surgery and little to no pain. I would highly recommend Dr. Corbett to anyone who is having any foot or ankle problems as my experience with her has been great.
in Baton Rouge,La |
Diagnosed the problem right away
in Slidell LA |
Horrible...the doctor that is, however, her staff is wonderful. Went into her office and she rushed through everything...said you just need to go see a specialist! They took x-rays and she said nothing there! Funny thing is that the radiologist sees a possible scaphoid fracture....mentioned that to the doctor and still refuses to do anything. Stay far away if you feel like you need a doctor
We are very concerned to hear about this encounter and truly apologize for your recent experience. Please email connect@ochsner.org with your phone number and the location where you were seen so we can have a patient relations liaison reach out to you personally. Thank you for your time.
Slidell, LA |
Does not care about her patients, temperamental, no bedside manner. Do not let this doctor touch u. Will regret.
Thank you for this review. We're saddened to hear your experience was less than exemplary, and we'd like to have someone reach out to you personally. Please email us at connect@ochsner.org with your contact information so we can pass it along.
in Carriere Ms. |
Dr. Corbett is an extraordinary lady. My wife was the patient & can be very difficult at times. Dr. Corbett answered all questions and explained the basics of the procedure. The surgery went quickly, no complications, quick recovery with Dr. Corbett checking her and the x-rays personally at each visit. Dr. Corbett is a total professional, a credit to Ochsner Orthopedics and the reason my wife can walk again. Thanks Doc, you are the best.
Slidell, Louisiana |
I talked with her maybe 3,4 minutes. I felt as if she could not wait to get out the room. She did not answer all of my questions and I felt hurried. If I ever see her again for anything maybe I should block the door so she cannot leave so quickly. I understand that doctors time with patients is limited due to the amount of charting that needs to be done because I am in the field; Dr. Corbett should at least fake it better when meeting with patients.
in Covington, LA |
She explained things thoroughly and was very patience when doing so. Always had a smile and was very non-rushed. Really enjoyed my experience with her.
in Bay Saint Louis, MS |
I really like Dr. Corbett and her staff. The Doc is really friendly and will answer all questions. I just liked her!
in New Orleans, LA |
Dr Corbett is an excellent diagnostician and surgeon. She treated me for ankle and foot issues and I found that her diagnosis was exact. Her treatment procedure was successful and I was completely satisfied with my entire outcome and experience. I would highly recommend Dr. Corbett to anyone, for foot and ankle issues and other orthopedic issues as well.
Have you seen Dr. Nicola Corbett, MD?

Visit Dr. Corbett

Hospitals where Dr. Corbett has admitting privileges

Ochsner Medical Center - North Shore
100 Medical Center Dr
Slidell, LA 70461

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Corbett at Ochsner Health Center - Covington

Sports Medicine Specialist