Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Nicholas Voss, MD
Dr. Voss has practiced neurosurgery in the Wiregrass area for more than 17 years. As a spine specialist, Dr. Voss performs a significant volume of both minimally-invasive and complex surgeries, and he routinely works with patients suffering from neck and back pain, disc herniation and degenerative disc disease, painful radiculopathy and myelopathy, neurologic deficits, diseases of the brain including brain tumors as well as trauma of the brain and spine. Dr. Voss graduated from Tulane University's School of Medicine in New Orleans, La. He completed a surgical internship and neurosurgical residency at the University of Tennessee in Memphis, Tenn.

Neurospine Center

• VIVA Health
  • WellCare

Learn about Dr. Voss

Dr. Voss' Experience

Dr. Voss' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery

• Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Astrocytoma
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebral Vascular Disease
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Malignant Astrocytoma
  • Medulloblastoma
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

• Craniotomy for Aneurysm
  • Craniotomy for Brain Tumor
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Endoscopic Spinal Surgery
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lower Spine Surgery
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Stereotactic Radiosurgery
  • Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Spinal or Cranial
  • Vertebroplasty

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• Northwestern Center Feinberg School of Medicine
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1990
  • Tulane University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
  • University Of Tennessee
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1995
  • University Of Tennessee, Memphis, Semmes-Murphy Clinic
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Voss has no media or publications listed.

• German

Dr. Voss does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Voss and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Voss' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Voss to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Voss' Performance
in Dothan, AL |
I had a cervical spine problem and needed surgery to repair, last September of 2016. Dr. Voss' staff were very nice and courteous, setting up an appointment very quickly for me! I was very pleased with the results of the surgery! The recovery time was short and I was back up and and going about my normal routine within 2 months time! I would highly recommend Dr. Nicholas Voss to anyone who has need of a Neurosurgeon and I would not hesitate to go to him again.
in Kinston, AL |
I would recommend Dr voss very strongly. I have had surgery before but never without pain, but this time Dr voss did my surgery and there has not been any pain. may God bless him.
in Marianna, FL |
Dr Voss was amazing. He took such good care of me. We all fell in love with him.
in troy, al |
Dr. Voss recently performed a two level ACDF on me at Flowers Hospital in Dothan, AL. My total experience positively exceeded all my expectations. I highly recommend Dr. Voss to anyone who is having spinal issues. His positive attitude and caring personality gave me confidence that I had come to the right person for help with my problem. His office staff was very kind and helpful as were the nurses and staff at Flowers Hospital.
in Dothan, AL |
Dr. Voss and staff are great. They took the time to sit down and talk about options, treatments etc. I suffered for several years with sciatica and lower disc issues. Dr Voss was able to go and clear up my nerve pain and the herniated disc. I haven't felt this good in many many years. I definitely recommend him and his team to anyone I know who is having nerve and spine issues.
in Ozark, AL |
Doctor Voss is an outstanding surgeon. Prior to surgery he gave me a web site to inform of is was going to me WHich ease my mind. He held me over one night in the hospital I woke any with no more pain and I never asked the nurse for a pain med, I was up walking around the Nurse station that night. I would recommend him to anyone that requires back surgery. Thank you DR Voss for making me feel better.
in Hartford, AL |
Excellent surgeon!!! Hard to speak to a staff member but the Doctor was worth the trouble, immediately pain free:-)
Dothan, AL |
Dr. Voss took the time to explain my injury in a manner that was very understandable. He patiently answered all of the questions that my wife and I asked. We did not feel that he was hurried and trying to get to the next patient. The result of my procedure went exactly as he described that it would. The office staff was very courteous and friendly. I would definitely recommend Dr. Voss to my family and friends.
in Ozark, AL |
Provided outstanding medical care to me in a timely manner. He took time to explain everything, had great bedside manners. He also took me in early so i could meet my work appointments that day.
in Cottonwood, AL |
For over 10 years, I was advised by other doctors that there was nothing they could do for my neck problems per my MRI results. My new GP (family doctor) set me up with Dr. Voss. During my first appointment, he quickly diagnosed my problem was carpal tunnel related and not my neck. After two successful operations by Dr. Voss in 2016, I am able to sleep through the night, ride my motorcycle and bicycle and the numbness and pain is nothing but bad memories. Dr. Voss, I thank you and Kudos.
in Dothan, AL |
I came to Dr Voss with a stiff neck among a couple of other symptoms. He assessed my whole situation and determined the cause; which fortunately was not surgical. Despite the fact that he's a surgeon and my problem wasn't surgical, he still treated me and I am ever so grateful. He has excellent bedside manner and everyone I've ever talked to about him have given him rave reviews and say he fixed their problem. I would not hesitate to have him as my doctor should I ever require surgery.
in Dothan, AL |
I had back surgery in Nov. 2016, Dec.2 went home with on problems no pain in by back or legs. It's May still no pain. Helping my kids at there daycare everyday. Thanks Dr Voss. God Bless You for give me back my life.
in Chipley, Fl. |
Dr.Voss did not waste anytime after I had dye put in my spine to see what was making my leg numb and hurt if I stood on my feet over 10 min.at any onetime. Dr. Voss ask me to go to the hospital and scheduld the surgery the same day of my appointment. Surgery was two days later. Dr.Voss did the surgery just perfect. His bedside manners are so wonderful, you can tell he is a Christian, Dr.Voss cares about his patients very much & does not want his patients suffering. He is just a remarkable Dr.
Dothan, AL |
He is very nice and attentive before surgery but if you are still experiencing any pain which would require pain medication after 6 weeks he's through with you.
in Slocomb, AL |
Dr. Voss shared his findings from the MRI, recommended the corrective procedure, explained the pros and cons of having the procedure, then asked for my decision. My decision was to have the recommended procedure, which resulted in immediate relief of pain I had been suffering with. From the time I went into surgery until I was home was approximately three and one half hours. Two weeks later I was back at work at a lumber mill.
in Headland, AL |
I was in such pain from sciatica and had a trip planned for London with my husband. I asked Dr. Voss if he could make me able to travel free of the pain. He said yes. I trusted him and he did a great job!
in Dothan, AL |
he is a very good doctor and has very good bed side manners and i will recomend him to any body that needs his skills
in Graceville |
Excellent. Very sensitive and compassionate in trying to resolve the problem. Very professional. Not aloof. Explained procedure. Expedient in getting surgery scheduled. Kind to my family, keeping them informed regarding the surgery. His staff was more than helpful. This is the second surgery that he has performed on me, both cervical and lumbar laminectomies with excellent results. Would recommend without reservation I am very thankful.
in Dothan, AL |
DR VOSS CARES ABOUT HIS PATIENTS AND WILL GO THE EXTRA MILE TO DO WHAT EVER HE HAS TO DO FOR HIS PATIENTS. I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE.
Dr. Voss was awesome. I injured my back skiing, and was in a great deal of pain. I want to see Dr. Voss and he suggested first trying nonsurgical solutions. After trying the epidural I went back to see Dr. Voss and he described my surgical options and we decided on surgery the next day. The surgery went great. I was pain-free immediately. And I was up and around running errands the next day. Thank you Dr. Voss.
Dothan, AL |
Dr. Voss was extremely considerate and took the extra time to evaluate my family members needs.
Have you seen Dr. Nicholas Voss, MD?
Are you Dr. Voss?