Dr. Nicholas Piantanida, MD

Dr. Nicholas Piantanida, MD

Sports Medicine  |
28 reviews

Dr. Nicholas Piantanida, MD is a sports medicine doctor who practices in Colorado Springs, CO. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Dr. Piantanida is affiliated with Penrose-St. Francis Health Services....See Less

Centura Health Physician Group Primary Care Broadmoor

• Kaiser Permanente
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. Piantanida

My goal for practice is to partner with the patient to optimize their health. It is important to educate a patient so that they can make healthy lifestyle choices and, when needed, appropriate medical choices. We strive to be a part of their patient centered medical home.

Dr. Piantanida's Experience

Dr. Piantanida's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Sports Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice and Sports Medicine

• Sports Medicine

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*
  • Sports Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Uniformed Services University of The Health Sciences
  • Unfrmd Srvcs University Health Scis
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003
  • University Nc
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

Dr. Piantanida has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Piantanida does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Piantanida and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Penrose-St. Francis Health Services

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Piantanida is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Piantanida's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Piantanida to family and friends
2.3
Dr. Piantanida's Performance
in CO |
I'm not sure why there are so many negative reviews because I have seen dr p for several visits now and I think he is an absolutely wonderful doctor. He is thoughtful and kind. Seems that the comments below are from the same person pretending to be someone else, they are using the same adjectives like rude, incompetent and same phrases like "does not care about patients. Only money". And using lots of quotations around doctor, health grades should check on that persons IP address
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I wouldn't trust this jerk to dispense asprin. His self righteous attitude and total lack of compassion turned me off. His staff, especially Stephany, were rude and inept. Never returning.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
This is the most incompetent "doctor" ever. Its a toss up between him and his staff for rudest medical personnel in town. Over and over again they screwed up orders and referrals. DON'T GO HERE
in Colorado Springs, CO |
This is the rudest doctors office ever. The doctor was incompetent and the staff couldn't staple two pieces of paper together if their life depended on it. No one cares about the patient, only money.
Total jerk. Insipid staff. Don't go here
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Worst "doctor" ever. He was condescending and rude. The staff was the rude and difficult to deal with. Dont go here
in Colorado Springs, CO |
It is insulting to real doctors to call this man a doctor. He doesn't listen to patients. He is dismissive and rude, like the rest of the staff. Especially Stephany. Not one person here cares about the patient. Not one. Ridiculously long wait times and unnecessary tests seem to be the norm. The office was dirty and shabby. I received better medical treatment in a local doctor's office in Iraq.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Stay away from this jerk. The only thing that interested him was my money. After waiting for over an hour, he rushed me through my appointment in 3 minutes. He was half way out the door before I realized it and when I asked him a question, he looked annoyed and brushed me off. On top of this, every other person I had to deal with in the office was completely inept
in Colorado Springs, CO |
These are the rudest medical people I've ever encountered. Not a single person cared about the patient. Only money.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Worst doctor I've ever seen. Couldn't care less about the patient. Everything he does is focused on bringing in the most revenue. Unnecessary tests and proceedures. The staff is rude, insulting, and lies to patients. DO NOT GO HERE!
Roger, we are so sorry that your experience with Dr. Piantanida wasn't as you expected. It is very important to find a provider that can meet your needs. Not every doctors is right for every patient. We do have other providers in this office that may fit your needs better. Please give us a call at 719-776-3300 and we would be more than happy to help make an appointment for you to meet another provider.
in Denver, CO |
This man, and his whole office, are the most incompetent people I've ever had the extreme displeasure to have had to deal with. Requests for appointments "get lost". The female staff are rude and obnoxious, except for the receptionist. The "doctor" didn't listen to me and prescribed the wrong medication. Do NOT go here.
Kelly, we are so sorry that you last appointment with Dr. Piantanida didn't go well. Our goal is to provide the best possible care for all of our patients, all the time. But, we can't get better if we don't know what we did wrong. A public forum like this is not the best way to share personal health information so, Please call our practice manager Stephanie at 719-776-3304 so we can discuss your experience so we can do better next time. Thanks.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I have had excellent interface and treatment from Dr. P. He is able to discuss and make appropriate recommendations or treatment for all of my medical concerns.
Gary, Thank you for you feedback. Dr. Piantanida strives for excellent patient centered care and values patient communication. Thank you.
Denver, CO |
Dr.Piantanida is one of the best physicians in Colorado. He takes care of my entire family. He is professional, caring, knowledgeable, funny, smart and takes his time to listen. I would not want any other physician for my family.
Denver, CO |
Dr. Piantanida is the best doctor I have ever been to. I would recommend him to anyone. The office associates are very helpful as well. It is a warm and welcoming practice.
in colorado springs, co |
Dr. Piantanida, my primary-care doctor, is pleasant and friendly, kind and genuinely concerned, intelligent and wise, extremely knowledgeable, and able to care for all my needs. I'm 88 years of age with a number of medical problems. I would say without question that he is the best doctor I have ever had. You will be fortunate if you can become one of his patients.
Mary, Thank you for the kind words. Dr. Piantanida and the team truly care about our patients and meeting their healthcare needs. thank you.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Totally inept staff. Incompetent medical personnel from the PAs to the doctors. Long wait times and rude staff who swear at you and lie.
Colorado Springs, Co |
Dr. P is GREAT he takes the time to figure out what is wrong and talks to you so that you can understand how to treat the symptoms. He will keep talking to you until you understand. I highly recommend him he is the best Dr. I have had and I'm in my 50's. Thanks Dr. P for caring so much!
Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr Piantanida was treating my father for some ulcers on his legs couple of years ago. Within few months after care, his ulcers healed and was under less pain. he is very professional, knowledgeable, and kind. My father was very happy with Dr. "P".
Colorado Springs, CO |
NEVER EVER FIND A DR THAT WILL WORK FOR YOU!
Colorado Springs, CO |
Didn't have much faith in his diagnostic abilities...I had to steer him in the right direction and insist on the necessary tests otherwise they may not have ever been done. If you don't have great insurance you may not get great treatment.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Doctor Piantanida is friendly, but professional concerning my care. He has helped create a plan to deal with my health issues by listening to my issues and concerns.
Have you seen Dr. Nicholas Piantanida, MD?

Visit Dr. Piantanida