Dr. Nicholas Pefkaros, MD

Dr. Nicholas Pefkaros, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Nicholas Pefkaros, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Titusville, FL. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 16 years. Read his story

1832 Garden St

Titusville, FL 32796

• AARP
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Pefkaros

See how frequently Dr. Pefkaros performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Retinal Vein Occlusion
Retina Diseases
Ocular Surface Reconstruction

Dr. Pefkaros's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Pefkaros' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Pefkaros "I have been in the field of medicine since my graduation in 2001. I took an oath, on that day, to abide by the ethics and morals of the profession of medicine. I took a similar oath when I joined the military to serve my county as an eye surgeon. Integrity, honesty and standing by my word is paramount in my personal and professional life. My team and I are genuinely interested in helping you achieve your vision goal and look forward to seeing you in the near future."

This content was provided by Dr. Pefkaros "As an ophthalmologist, my staff and I offer comprehensive and surgical eye care for the whole family. We strive to offer sophisticated and compassionate care to all of our patients. We treat our patients as we ourselves would like to be treated. Waiting times are minimized and we take same-day emergencies and have no endless voice mail prompts when you call. We take time to explain your eye condition and are always available for questions."

• Ophthalmology

• Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Erosion
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Eye Disease
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration

• Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Repair of Brow Ptosis and Blepharoptosis
  • Repair of Entropion or Ectropion
  • Sutureless Cataract Surgery
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

• Wills Eye Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2005
  • Active Duty, Us Army
    Other Education | Completed 2008

Dr. Pefkaros has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Pefkaros does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pefkaros and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Pefkaros' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pefkaros to family and friends
Dr. Pefkaros' Performance
in Rockledge, FL |
Excellent Doctor. Staff is very professional and pleasant to interact with. I chose him as my doctor after looking at Health Grades. The reviews were very helpful and made it easy for me to chose. I needed to do a review to add to his positive feed back. Wish all doctors could be so thorough and explain in layman's terms so the patient can comprehend what is going on. Very happy with my choice. Wait time is reasonable. Would strongly suggest picking Dr Pefkaros as your eye doctor.
in Melbourne, FL |
He is very compassionate about his patients and explains everything he is doing. A doctor that really cares is hard to find and he is a rare gem.
in Titusville, FL |
Amazing doctor, very nice, and explained everything that was going on very well.
in Melbourne, FL |
I recently, had a Bilateral blepharoplasty procedure with Dr. Pefkaros . I found him and his staff to be skilled, kind, patient and efficient. I am very pleased with the results of my procedure. I definitely would recommend him to family and friends. So happy to find a good Eye Doctor!
in Titusville |
I am a retired NASA engineer and I have a very detail oriented personality. I was looking for an eye doctor that could take care of my vision issues with the same detail that was expected of me during my professional years. I found that eye professional in Dr. Pefkaros. His attention to all aspects of my health was what I noticed first. But the fantastic vision I achieved after my procedure was what I am most grateful for. Thank you, Dr. Pefkaros. I will be referring friends and family to you.
in Cocoa Beach, FL |
I have had eyeglasses since I was six and I have never been under the care of such a wonderfully upbeat, skilled and compassionate ophthalmologist until I met Dr. Pefkaros. He came highly recommended by a friend and I will never go anywhere else. You can tell right away that his scope of skill and knowledge is over the top and he takes time to explain things and gives you time to ask things. I feel that many doctors could learn patient etiquette from Dr. Pefkaros. A truly humble superhero!
in Satellite Beach, FL |
This was the very best visit that I have ever had to an eye doctor. I really believe that Dr. Pefkaros wasn't as concerned about milking my insurance company as other eye clinics that I have visited in the past. I was given a thorough eye exam. He explained possible future problems, but didn't exaggerate my conditions. I will continue going to him for as long as I can.
in Satellite Beach, FL |
I visited Dr. Nick Pefkaros several years ago to renew my contact lens prescription. Instead, I got a first rate eye exam and first class customer service. Dr. Pefkaros was able to work around my allergy to dilation medications and took his time explaining my aging vision concerns. This was the most comprehensive eye exam that I have ever experienced. Dr. Pefkaros was professional, courteous and genuine concerned about my overall health and eyes.
in Satellie Beach, FL |
Had PRK done several years ago, the original dr. didnt go through the proper steps to ensure full recovery. After complaining about not being able to see, i went to Dr. P, he stated that my eyes healed to quickly, creating scare tissue over my corneas. This caused my vision to blur, i would need to go back under & have the surgery again in order to fix the prob. Not only did Dr. P go though the necessary procedure to ensure the scares wouldn't come back but he was friendly, professional & kind.
Cocoa, FL |
A+ My son had never been to an eye Dr. before but he made him feel comfortable and explained everything that he was doing. Nice guy. Staff was excellent from the moment we walked in the door.
in Satellite Beach, FL |
My eyes were watering so bad, I looked like I was crying all the time. I went to one ophthalmologist and he told me my condition was due to allergies. I was given a prescription for allergy eye drops that did not work. A friend suggested Dr. Pefkaros, so I went to see him and he told me that my overactive tear production was due to dry eyes. He performed a fast and painless procedure to stop my overactive tear production and I am thrilled! No more crying! He is great and so is his staff!!
in Rockledge, FL |
A friend recommend this doctor and after a visit with him, so would I. I have diabetes and I've been having difficulty with my eye sight. I was past due for a screening when I called. I was able to get in quickly enough with the assistance of their friendly staff. The office was very clean with snacks available in the waiting room! He listened to my complaints (itchy eyes), made suggestions and gave me samples to try. Very easy to talk to both the staff and Dr. Pefkaros.
in Titusville, FL |
I have been going to Dr. Pefkaros for over a year now and I highly recommend him to everyone. He is very knowledgeable and makes sure you understand what is going on. He doesn't rush and his wait times are excellent. Staff is great too!
in Melbourne, FL |
Dr. Pefkaros is very compassionate, caring, and knowledgeable. His diagnosis, explanations, and attention to detail are superb. You will not find a physician with a better bedside manner than Dr. Pefkaros. He is definitely worth making that initial appointment (even if you are not in the area) if you are considering a new ophthalmologist!
Rockledge, FL |
Dr P is wonderful for any and all your eye care needs. My whole family goes to him ages 5 to seniors. Would never go anywhere else.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
My friend recommended Dr Pefkaros when I moved to Titusville in 2014. I have been going to him since 2/14 and will continue even though I moved to West Palm Beach the end of June. I have glaucoma & the doctor I went to down here for 11 yrs never once told me about a procedure Dr Pefkaros did on my eyes so I could tear & cry. He's the best and very friendly staff.
Titusville, FL |
Dr. Pefkaros is very attentive and knowledgeable. He takes the time listen, gives thorough explanations and I trust the decisions he makes regarding my care.
in Titusville, FL |
My visit with Dr. Pefkaros and his team was a breath of fresh air in this town. He is passionate about what he does and it shows. His staff is also well educated and very informative. Thank you!
in Titusville, FL |
good guy. listens, explains.very pleasant. very good. free samples ( check expiration date) coupon ( expired) hey, free sample.can't win um all. hope to SEE him in 2017 ps: all very good cause nobody is perfect
Have you seen Dr. Nicholas Pefkaros, MD?
Are you Dr. Pefkaros?