Dr. Nicholas Newsum, MD

Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery ·  Male

Dr. Newsum
400 Celebration Pl # 280A Celebration, FL 34747

Dr. Nicholas Newsum, MD is a hand and upper extremity surgery specialist in Celebration, FL and has been practicing for 8 years. He graduated from University Of Toledo College Of Medicine in 2011 and specializes in hand and upper extremity surgery, orthopedic surgery, and more.

At a glance

• Recent Reviews . Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Hospital satisfaction . Patients said they were highly satisfied at this doctor's hospital. See hospitals

Dr. Newsum accepts

Dr. Newsum accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
Blue Care HMO
BlueDental Choice
Select HMO

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Newsum's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Elbow Disorders
  • Elbow Fracture
  • Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Finger Joint Replacement Surgery
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Newsum

Dr. Newsum?
Dr. Newsum's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Nicholas Newsum, MD
Dr. Newsum was very professional and spent the time with me to go over what he was going to do, what he found and a general idea as to what to expect after the fact. I appreciated that he never seemed to be in a hurry when dealing with me and he encouraged my asking of questions and details he may have not asked about. I will need more work done to the other hand as soon as finances allow and I want Dr. Newsum to be the one doing it. I give him a 9 out 10, why 9 you may ask? No one but Jesus Christ, is a perfect 10. Dr. Newsum, keep pushing for the top bar. Thank you Sir.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nicholas Newsum, MD?
I'm an RN, and developed arthritis in my Left Thumb. I'd been to other physicians, and was told "you have tendonitis" I knew it was more than that. I made the appointment with Dr. Newsum, and after x rays and exam it was clear that I had arthritis with spurs. It was severe enough to warrant surgery. Dr. Newsum explained in detail the procedure, treatment, and recovery process. Surgery went as planned and well. Recovery was the same. Dr. Newsum called me after the surgery to inquire about my well being. I have healed, and am happy to report NO MORE ARTHRITIS PAIN. I would/have recommended Dr. Newsum to anyone who has an orthopedic issue. The office staff in Celebration are extremely nice. Dr. Newsum took a very painful situation and make it better. Don't let his young appearance fool you, he is extremely knowledgeable and competent.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nicholas Newsum, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Newsum for what is commonly known as, "Jersey Finger." He explained what I was up against and the grind that I would face towards recovery. Following surgery, he spoke to my wife in the waiting room to explain how things went. People in the waiting room (unknown to her) wanted to know what kind of doctor he was because of the time he spent with her. Bottom line, great doctor that I will be happy to recommend to my family and friends.
Great doc.??
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nicholas Newsum, MD?
Dr Newsum is highly capable and a skilled physician. His level of care and ability is the best I have ever received for issues with my hands. If you have issues with your hand/arm this is the doctor I would recommend you see after visiting many doctors in the Central Florida area. The results I have had in his care are beyond my expectations and I am very satisfied.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nicholas Newsum, MD?
Dr Newsum was awesome. I had a Lipoma in my arm that needed to be removed. He was professional, a good listener, asked & answered questions and explained in detail what he would be doing and what to expect. He has a caring attitude, always smiles and doesn't rush you. I was quite impressed that he personally tried to contact me the day after my surgery. He is a great surgeon and I would highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nicholas Newsum, MD?
A skilled doctor and compassionate person. He listens to you, talks to you in language you can understand and explains the procedure(s) to solve your problem(s). Dr. Newsum genuinely takes an interest in you and your health. I can strongly recommend Dr. Newsum.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nicholas Newsum, MD?
I can't say enough wonderful things about Dr. Newsum. He is a superior surgeon and an extremely compassionate man. After my right hand was severely bitten by a dog, I went to WC Urgent Care for treatment. Unfortunately, the staff didn't clean the wound appropriately and then sutured it up tightly. Within 2 days, my hand and fingers swelled up like a baseball glove and my arm had red streaking and swelling beyond my elbow. I am so blessed that Dr. Newsum was on call the night I was admitted to the hospital. He performed an I&D on my hand at the bedside within a few hours. By the next day, I was able to tell an immediate difference in the swelling of my hand and arm. My injuries and infection required a 5-day hospitalization and intensive antibiotic therapy following surgery. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Dr. Newsum saved my hand and fingers that night by performing surgery so quickly and thoroughly. I would highly recommend this amazing surgeon to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nicholas Newsum, MD?
From 2018-2919 I saw Dr. Newsum for 2 different reasons. The first reason was an abscesses finger. We were having problems finding the reason it wouldn't heal. Dr. Newsum never gave up, did a lot of investigation work. The second reason was for treatment of Carpal Tunnel, first infections and then finally surgery. I love this doctor, he is smart, caring and listens to you. I trust him too
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nicholas Newsum, MD?
Dr. Newsum was recommended to me and I am very glad that he was. He is very knowledgeable and efficiently explains everything. I was informed that I had a scaphoid nonunion advanced collapse in my right wrist. Within a week of my consultation with him I was in the hospital preparing for my surgery. Dr. Newsum goes above and beyond to ensure that his patients are well taken care of. One example of this was when he called me from his personal phone on a Saturday to make sure that I was recovering well. I never felt rushed out of his office and he never left me with any questions unanswered. I would strongly recommend Dr. Newsum because my experience with him has been nothing but perfect.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nicholas Newsum, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Newsum?

Whether it is a fracture, arthritis, a congenital difference, or tendonitis that is limiting your hand, it can be quite frustrating to deal with because it interferes with every day tasks regardless of your hobbies, occupation or activity level. ...

• Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery

University Of Colorado
2011

• Sat: 8:00am - 5:00pm
    • Sun: 8:00am - 5:00pm

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Newsum treats patients.

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2019, 2018)

77% Patient experience rating, 8% higher than the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2019, 2018)

59% Patient experience rating, 10% lower than the national average

• Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2018, 2017)

76% Patient experience rating, 7% higher than the national average