Dr. Nicholas Grimaldi, DO

Dr. Nicholas Grimaldi, DO

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Nicholas Grimaldi, DO is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Morristown, TN. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 16 years. Dr. Grimaldi is affiliated with Morristown-Hamblen Healthcare System, Physicians Regional Medical Center, Lakeway Regional Hospital and Jefferson Memorial Hospital.

Dr. Grimaldi's Experience

See how Dr. Grimaldi's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Grimaldi

Dr. Grimaldi accepts 23 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Grimaldi has admitting privileges.

Dr. Grimaldi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Grimaldi to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Grimaldi's Performance
in Morristown, TN |
Dr. Grimaldi has been with me through the beginning of my process. Dr. Grimaldi is very spoke to me in a way that I understood everything that was going to happen from the start to finish. There are not many doctors would take from a Holiday to do surgery and this doctor did just that. My husband and I would recommend Dr. Grimaldi to anybody. He will answer any qoestion no matter how silly they seem to us, I wouldn't consider any other surgeon.
in Cosby, Tennessee |
My name is Jeanne, I recently had a right hip replacement done by Dr. Grimaldi. My pain level before surgery was a 10. I couldn't do anything, it affected my daily activities. My pain level after surgery is about a 1. I feel like I am going to fully recover. I am very happy with the Surgery, and I would recommend him to the world.
in Morristown, TN |
My Name is Kathy, I recently had a Cervical Fusion on my C5-C6, done by Dr. Grimaldi. My pain level before surgery was a 10, and limited my daily activities. The healing part was painful, but now I am pain free, and I can actually feel my hand. I'm glad I did the surgery. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Newport, TN |
I recently had surgery done with Dr. Grimaldi. I had a left shoulder arthroscopy. Before my surgery, my pain level was a 10. Now I feel 100% better. I can tell I have a lot more strength in my hand than what I had before. Now I feel like I can get my daily activities back. I have one more month of Therapy left, and after that I feel like can get fully back. I am so shocked because they said it would be 4-6 months before I was back, and now it's only been 6 weeks.
in Talbott, TN |
My name is Wilma, I recently had a back surgery done by Dr. Grimaldi. My pain level before the surgery was a 10. I couldn't walk or do anything. My pain level after surgery is around a 5 or 6, but it is only a few weeks out and it will take time to get better. I am very happy I had the surgery.
Maryville, TN |
My name is William "Bill" I recently had two Epidural Steroid Injections done by Dr. Grimaldi. Whenever i first came here, my pain level was tough, and it affected my daily life activities. After the first shot, I was 40% better. After the second shot, I am 90% better, and I don't have to walk with a cane. I am glad I did the shots, I am very happy, and I would recommend Dr. Grimaldi to anyone.
in Maryville, TN |
My name is Terry, I recently had an Epidural Steroid Injection done by Dr. Grimaldi. I have only had 1 done, and before the shot, my pain level was an 8-10. After the first shot, my pain level is about a 1. It is very mild, and the pain comes and goes. The first 3 days after the shot, I noticed my pain was almost gone. On the 4th day, I noticed 4 or 5 stabbing pains and that was it. I can walk straight without a limp. He wants to hold off on the other shots for when i need them.
in Sevierville, TN |
Left total hip replacement, out of extreme pain. Can get back to daily activities.
in Morristown, TN |
My name is Larry. I recently had a Lumbar 3-4 disecetomy. My pain level before surgery was a 10. It affected my daily activities and my sleep. My pain level after surgery is a level 7-8. All of my feeling is back in my legs. Which i am only 2 weeks out of surgery. I am very happy I did the surgery, and I would recommend doctor Grimaldi to anyone.
in Dandridge, TN |
My name is Ermina, I recently had a T10 Vertebral Augmentation. I had known osteoporosis and compression fractures. My pain level before my Augmentation was probably an 8. After the procedure, which he done in office, my pain level after is a 0. I am glad I did the procedure, I hope I don't have to do it again, but I would if i had to.
in Jefferson City, Tennessee |
My name is Sonya. I recently had a shoulder surgery. My level of pain before surgery was an 8 to a 9. The pain limited my daily activities. My pain level after surgery is about a 4 or 5, and I am only two weeks out. I am glad I had the surgery. Everyone told me I would regret it, but I don't regret a thing. I would recommend Dr. Grimaldi to anyone.
in Mooresburg, TN |
Complete waste of time! The staff was nice but the doctor was condescending, arrogant and somewhat rude. Runs the business like an automated carwash. The nurse interviews you for 30 minutes the doctor comes in and spends five minutes with you and goes onto the next patient. I was in a plane crash 30 years ago and wanted a full evaluation of my entire spine. I provided MRI from the VA. Zero communication between doctor and staff. (probably because he knows it all already) AVOID AVOID AVOID
in Greenville, TN |
I just recently had a Total Knee Replacement done by Dr. Grimaldi. My pain level before surgery was way up there. I couldn't sleep more than two hours at a time. I feel like my recovery from surgery has went well. My pain level after surgery is rare. I barley have any if no pain at all. I am glad he did the surgery. I feel like I have gotten my life back. I would recommend him to anyone.
in White Pine, TN |
My name is Joann, I recently had a Vertebral Augmentation by Dr. Grimaldi. My pain level was just about as bad as it could get, it was about a 10. After my procedure, my pain is completely gone. I am so happy I had the procedure and I would recommend Dr. Grimaldi to anyone.
in Morristown, TN |
I recently had 3 amputations on the tips of my fingers. Dr. Grimaldi researched and said i had Burger's disease, when other doctors had diagnosed me with raynaulds syndrome. I feel like the surgeries went well and I am almost 100% back in a month. I would recommend him to do anyone else's surgeries in a heartbeat. I had my surgery on December 21st, and he called me Christmas night to check on me and see how I was. That was very impressive.
Jefferson City, Tennesse |
I have had both of my knee's replaced by Dr. Grimaldi. My level of pain in my right knee was a 9-10. After surgery, I have no pain. I feel like I am getting my way of life back. My left knee pain was about a 7, after surgery it is only 12 weeks so it is intermittent. I would recommend him to anyone. I was also impressed that Dr. Grimaldi called me at night, at home, to check on me after surgery. I really appreciated that, and that is almost unheard of.
in Newport, TN |
My name is Timothy. I have had two surgeries by Dr. Grimaldi. I feel like this has helped me get my life back little by little. I had a neck surgery and the pain before was a level 9, after surgery, it's about a 3. I am very glad I had the surgery. I also had another surgery and my pain level was also a 9 or 10, now a 3. I would recommend Dr. Grimaldi for any surgery.
in Morristown, TN |
My name is Cynthia, I recently had a spinal fusion done. My pain level before surgery was a 10. I struggled with my normal daily activities. My pain level after surgery is a 2-3, and I am only 6 weeks out. I am very happy I had the surgery. I feel like I had a decent recovery. I would recommend Dr. Grimaldi do to surgery.
in Rogersville, Tn |
My name is Wanda, I am 73 years old. I just recently had a Left Total Hip Replacement done by Dr. Grimaldi. Before my surgery, I was in horrible pain. My improvement since surgery is at least 80-90%. I feel like i am getting better.
in Sneedville, TN |
My name is Cathy. I recently had a L4-5 Lumbar Fusion. Before the surgery, I was confined to the recliner, I had tried everything, and nothing worked. Dr. Grimaldi discussed the surgery with me and I finally decided to do it. I trusted him enough to do it and I'm glad I did. I feel like I am getting my life back now. I am up walking around, and feeding the animals on my farm.
in Morristown, TN |
Dr Grimaldi did a fantastic job, since surgery I have not had any pain at all. I was having pain in my knees and now I have no pain at all!
in White Pine, TN |
My name is Sonya. I recently had back surgery. My pain level before my surgery was beyond a 10. It hindered me from doing my daily activities. I had to use a cane, and couldn't even hardly walk. After surgery, I am about 70-80% better. I walk about a mile a day. I feel like he gave me my quality of life back.
in Elk Grove Village, IL |
Dr. Grimaldi is a wonderful doctor. He was thorough with all his responses and decisions made. I would recommend him to anyone. His staff and office is all around a very wonderful experience.
Cosby, TN |
My name is Reba. I recently had a lower back surgery, before that, my pain was a 15-20. It was the most awful pain I have ever felt in my life. After surgery my recovery has been amazing. I have had no pain whatsoever. I didn't have to take any pain medicine after the surgery. He is amazing! If you need back surgery, go to him! I trust him COMPLETELY!!
in Rogersville, Tn |
My name is Mary. I just recently had rotator cuff surgery. Before surgery, my pain level was around a 10. It hurt all the time. After surgery, it still hurts, around a 3 pain level, but not as bad. I would recommend Dr. Grimaldi to do surgery!
Chicago, IL |
My name is Phyllis, I am 74. I had a fusion in my back recently by Dr. Grimaldi. Before the surgery, I was in horrible pain. I was scheduled for Morristown Hamblen Hospital, but whenever I arrived they had to transfer me to Lakeway because they said they did not do that anymore. After the surgery, I am feeling much better! I am going to try and get my lifestyle back!
in Newport,TN |
My name is Dorothy, I recently had a back fusion. Before my surgery I had bad back pain limiting my daily activities. After the surgery I feel GREAT my recovery has been wonderful, everything Dr. Grimaldi has done has been wonderful. He is a great doctor and I would recommend him to everyone.
in Newport, TN |
My name is Alford. I had a total left hip replacement. Before the surgery, sometimes I couldn't walk. After the surgery I am barley feeling any pain. I am happy I did the surgery and I would recommend Dr. Grimaldi to anyone.
in Bean Station, TN |
My name is Ed. I am 81 years old. I was having horrible pain in my tight leg before my ESI's, i feel I am 95% better! I would recommend Dr. Grimaldi to anyone.
in Maryville, TN |
I recently had an Epidural Steroid Injection done with Dr. Grimaldi. Before the ESI, i had a level 10 pain in my back and left leg. I have only had one shot and now my pain is completely gone in my leg. I am so happy I did the shot!
in Melbourne, Flordia |
My name is Melvin, I had paralysis in my legs before I came to Dr. Grimaldi. He suggested that I should have had surgery long before I did. After my surgery I feel like I will fully recover. I am so glad I did the surgery and I am so glad I found Dr. Grimaldi. I would recommend him to anyone. He is a remarkable doctor!
in Cumberland Gap, TN |
My name is Bonnie. I had both of my knees replaced by Dr. Grimaldi. Before I couldn't hardly walk, now I Love my Knees!!! I would recommend him to anyone. He is a wonderful surgeon and doctor. He has a great personality!
in Rutledge,TN |
My name is Diane. I have been coming to Dr. Grimaldi for years. I just recently had shoulder surgery. Before the surgery I had pain all day, every day. I couldn't wash dishes, or do normal daily activities. The recovery process was good, and I am not even having to take any medicine. He gave me my life back. I would recommend him to anyone having problems.
in Strawberry Plains |
My name is Charlene. I would advise anyone to see Dr. Grimaldi. I had Carpal Tunnel in both hands and an ulnar nerve. I had surgery in both hands and I have no complaints about either one. He helped me gain my quality of life back.
in Jefferson City, Tennessee |
Dr. Grimaldi is the best around. He gave me my quality of life back. Before he did my back surgery i had such bad pain in my legs, after the surgery, my pain is completely gone. I would recommend Dr. Grimaldi and his friendly staff to anyone in the area. I am so thankful for him giving me my life back.
in Sneedville, TN |
He is very friendly, excellent bedside manner, and he walked me through the whole procedure.
in Blountville , TN |
For 3 years I had been treated as though was only after pain meds. Dr. Grimaldi found a fracture in my back that no one else had found. He told me if only 1 Dr had asked if did gymnastics when I was younger then my problem would've been discovered long before he found it. My surgery went great with scar only noticeable if you are looking for it, and as have huge tattoo on my back that he had cut down the middle that alone is impressive. He took the time to answer all questions my fam had.Awesome
in Rogersville, TN |
I am a 64 yr old male who had back surgery just 6 wks ago. Before my surgery I could not stand no longer than 5 minutes at a time...which made doing my job very difficult! After surgery...I seen immediate results. I took no pain medication after my surgery which shows you how good this Dr.did!!!! Now I have my quality of life back! I can do my job pain free and I would and have already recommended Dr.Grimaldi to anyone with this problem.
Sevierville, TN |
I am a 58 yr old female who had an epidural shot by Dr.Grimaldi. Before the shot,I hurt from my hip all the way down to my ankle....after the epidural shot I am doing so much better...this shot works!!!! I am no longer in pain!!! I could hardly walk before the shot,now my quality of life is so much better!!! I would definately recommend anyone with my kind of pain to come see Dr.Grimaldi!!! He is a wonderful Dr. The epidural shot did not even hurt!!! This Dr. is so good!!!!
in Greeneville, TN |
Before my surgery with Dr.Grimaldi I came into his office crying from the pain! I had 2 ruptured discs and after surgery I feel like I have a new back! I have my quality of life back now! I wasn't able to do walking before surgery now I can walk!!! I would highly recommend Dr.Grimaldi to anyone with this kind of pain!!!
in Dandridge, TN |
I am a 47 year old female who has had a wonderful experience at Dr.Grimaldis office! From beginning to end!! I like the staff. After surgery i feel so much better and would definately recommend Dr.Grimaldi to anyone!! The wait time at the office was always very short. It was the best office i have been to...very organized and very good care! I appreciate all the help I have gotten and appreciate Dr.Grimaldi the most!! He is a wonderful Dr.and did a great job!!!
Have you seen Dr. Nicholas Grimaldi, DO?
Are you Dr. Grimaldi?

Compare Dr. Grimaldi

Dr. Grimaldi's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Grimaldi has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

Why It Matters: Dr. Grimaldi's Board Certifications

• Bone Cancer
  • Broken Arm
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Vascular Disease
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chronic Back Pain
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Epilepsy
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lower Back Muscle Strain
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Muscle Diseases
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon
  • Shoulder Dislocation
  • Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Spinal Cord Injury
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Stroke

The Scoliosis and Spine Center Of MD

Completed in 2007

College of Charleston

Graduated in 1997

Dr. Grimaldi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Grimaldi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection