Dr. Nicholas Brown, MD

Dr. Nicholas Brown, MD

General Surgery  |

Dr. Nicholas Brown, MD is a general surgery specialist in Wichita, KS and has been practicing for 6 years. He graduated from University of Kansas / School of Medicine in 2006 and specializes in general surgery and bariatric surgery.

Wichita Surgical Specialists

818 N Emporia St Ste 200

Wichita, KS 67214

Learn about Dr. Brown

See how frequently Dr. Brown performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Stomach Surgery
Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
Obesity
high

Dr. Brown's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Brown "As a surgeon I treat my patients how I would want to be treated by taking the extra time to listen to a patient's problems and concerns. My main goal when seeing a patient is to involve them in not only the diagnosis but also in the treatment whether or not that requires surgical intervention. I believe that if someone truly understands what the problem and solutions are, then they will be more likely to be successful with the treatment."

• General Surgery
  • Bariatric Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kansas.

• University of Kansas
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2000
  • University of Kansas / School of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2006
  • University Of Kansas School Of Medicine-Wichita
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2011
  • University Of Texas Health Science Center At Houston-Minimally Invasive & Bariatric Surgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012

Dr. Brown has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Brown does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Brown and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Brown's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Brown to family and friends
4.3
based on 6 total reviews (4 with comments)

Dr. Brown's Performance

Office environment
Staff friendliness
Average wait time

in Wichita, KS
Ended up going to the ER with a post-op problem and he repeatedly told the ER provider he was checked out and refused to even divulge in my case. Another general surgeon was contacted and I got taken care of after almost an hour of phone calls. Ridiculous and immature behavior. Would not let him...more
in Wichita, KS
Dr. B. was the absolute best! His bedside manner is excellent. After being released from the hospital, he called me directly to make sure all was well. Name another Dr. who would do that... I feel better than I ever have and I owe a lot of that to Dr. Brown!
in Wichita, Ks
Dr. Brown is a very compassionate, respectful, and knowledgeable surgeon with an excellent bedside manner. I would recommend him to any of my family members or friends.
in Wichita, KS
Dr. Brown is very attentive and listed to what I had to say. He did not seemed rushed when I saw him in the office. He is fellowship trained in bariatric surgery and that is important to me. My surgery went great and I love my results! No complaints

Are you Dr. Brown?