Dr. Nicholas Bavaro, MD

Dr. Nicholas Bavaro, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Nicholas Bavaro, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Briarcliff Manor, NY. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Dr. Bavaro is affiliated with Nyack Hospital and Saint John's Riverside Hospital.

160 N State Rd

Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care

Learn about Dr. Bavaro

See how frequently Dr. Bavaro performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture
Ankle Sprains and Strains
Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear)

Dr. Bavaro's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Elbow Sprain
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Total Knee Arthroplasty With Robotic Assistance
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for New York.

• New York Medical College
  • St Lukes Roosevelt Hsop Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998
  • Ny U/Hosp Joint Dis
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Bavaro has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bavaro does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bavaro and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bavaro's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bavaro to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Bavaro's Performance
New City, NY |
Extremely bad experience. All appointments and surgery were late in the day, I believe the doctor was tired and took too many patients which I believe the doctor was tired and took too many patients which effected not only his performance but my health. He chose to lie then to have candor. Office staff lacks professionalism.
in New York, NY |
I have to say that having Dr Nick Bavaro as the surgeon to my hip replacement and arthritis issues in both hips was the excellent choice! Dr. Bavaro took great care in my examinations and explained the procedures, in detail, both in the office and again before both surgeries. My surgeries and follow up exams were without issue. I was always asked if I had any questions, and never felt rushed as you sometimes are with doctors on their busy schedules. The staff at the front desk were always
in New York, NY |
Needed a hip replacement. Research tons of NYC orthopedics online. Went to 4 consults. Thankfully Dr Bavaro was the last consult and the best choice. Can't say enough great things about him. From the staff to the consultation to the surgery and quick recovery! Definitely recommend!
in New York, NY |
Dr. Bavaro He is such a nice man, loving and cheery personality. EXTREMELY thorough and knowledgeable. He takes his time with his patients and doesn't rush through things. He reassured me several times and discussed every detail with me. I felt comfortable the whole time during the consultation and I am so grateful that I was able to get an appt with him. He is also the most humble man that you will ever meet! He is world renowned, the hip replacement guru,the king and you would never know. All
in New York, NY |
I cannot believe there aren't more amazing reviews here! This is the best Orthopedic Dr I have ever seen and due to polio I have been seeing orthopedic hip surgeons for 60 years! He is a wonderful surgeon and he really cares about his patients. He has done my hip and has cared for me twice with broken legs due to trauma. Dr Bavaro is widely respected in the medical community.
in Nanuet, NY |
Dr Bavaria was more concerned as to why I switched offices from Airmont to New City. I explained that I moved and needed to be closer to home. He was more concerned about his colleague than he was about me. I had knee replacement already and was preparing for the other knee. He was fixated on the Dr switch, he didn't even take an x ray, he prescribed 6 weeks of therapy and a diet. Prior to him entering the exam room, his asst. asked me twice if I had an x ray taken yet. He did not want to see me
in New York, NY |
There are 2 elements to turn a sports injury into a positive: 1) Work w/ a great doctor, 2) Be a good patient who wants to get stronger. I tore my meniscus this fall. For a month, I couldn't walk. Dr. B was able to extract the damaged meniscus. He checked on me after the surgery and told to my husband and myself about what he saw and emphasized that exercise was key. The next day, I walked and have followed PT and more exercise each week. I would recommend Dr. B w/out reservations.
in Haworth, NJ |
Dr. Bavaro was the surgeon on call when I had emergency surgery. He was thorough, professional and caring. He carefully explained the options and his recommendation. He completed the operation and everything that he had recommended worked out exactly as he explained it. His follow up was equally excellent, and due to his professionalism and expertise, everything has worked out as well as it could have. A big thank you to Dr. Bavaro!
in Stamford, CT |
Excellent results. Explained everything before operation perfectly. Great follow up.
in New City, NY |
Dr Bavaro was kind, caring & nice. He did not push for surgery. I would recommend him.
in Connecticut |
Dr. Bavaro was very kind and funny. He treated me with respect and took time to go over the procedure I was going to have. He gave me several options and explained what I could expect the outcome to be. People in my family have been going to see him for a long time. He is a great doctor.
in Hastings On Hudson, NY |
Dr. Bavaro provided excellent care fory dislocated shoulder and a broken wrist. Great advice and caring
in New York, NY |
As a tennis teaching professional, I have had several sports related injuries over the years, and although I have tried many other orthopedic surgeons, including many affiliated with professional sports teams, I can unequivocally say that Dr. Bavaro is the best!
in Weschester |
I went to see Dr. Bavaro about pain in my knee. He spent a lot of time with me. He made some jokes. And I can tell you try to make me laugh to take my mind off of the pain in my knee. I thought his instructions and the pain has started to get better. I'm going to follow up with him and I'm hopeful of a positive outcome.
in New York, NY |
Finally a doctor who listened to what I had to say and took everything I said seriously! My knee had been bothering me for over a year and now I'm on track to feeling better! I had a total knee replacement and am feeling wonderful! A year ago I could barely walk and now I'm back to playing golf and tennis and am pain free. Dr. Bavaro helped me get my life back!
in New city, ny |
Dr. Bavaro performed an ACL surgery on me. He informed me what to expect before and after. He approached me at the bed side before surgery and made me feel at eased. I'm very pleased. My knee is almost the same as it was before my injury. my recovery was a breeze. I recommend anyone including my family to doctor Bavaro!
in Cresskill, NJ |
I saw Dr. Bavaro about a knee tear- he first suggested to get a MRI to confirm grade of tear and draw a conclusion. A week later I went back for a followup to discuss my options - he suggested I try physical therapy first to rectify the issue and if that didnt work could discuss other options. Let me say this most Dr's now a day's would opt for the surgery right away to make as much money as possible well NOT Dr. Bravaro. I would highly recommend him to anyone as his ethics come b4 his pocket!
in Closter, NJ |
Dr. Bavaro demonstrated patience, care and compassion. I have been suffering in pain for quite some time and was pleasantly surprised by the high level of care that he provided. Thank you Dr. Bavaro!
Nanuet, NY |
BEWARE!!! I am a 25 year old in great shape who has literally been hobbled by this man. I was supposed to get a loose body removed from my knee which he claimed was an easy procedure and a 2 week recovery. Over 2 months later I am still hardly able to walk or function. He lied in all of my medical records about me having swelling in my knee prior to surgery, about the pain being worse before surgery, etc. Oh and the best part, the loose body is still in my knee!
in New York, NY |
The staff is unreliable. I needed forms to be filled out by the doctor for my job. I faxed it the first time it was not received. The second time I faxed it I called to confirm that it was received. I was told that it was by a staff member named Kathy. When I called to inquire if the doctor had filled out the form no one knew anything about it. I will probably lose my job because of the incompetence of this current staff. I will not be returning to this office.
Have you seen Dr. Nicholas Bavaro, MD?
Are you Dr. Bavaro?

Visit Dr. Bavaro

Dr. Bavaro accepts 13 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
    BlueConnect HMO
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
    Preferred Blue PPO
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO