Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Nicholas Anderson, MD
Dr. Nicholas Anderson, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Knoxville, TN. He is 45 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Dr. Anderson is affiliated with University of Tennessee Medical Center.

Southeastern Retina Associates

1124 E Weisgarber Rd Ste 207

Knoxville, TN 37909

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan
  • Golden Rule
  • HealthSmart
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • POMCO Group

Learn about Dr. Anderson

Dr. Anderson's Experience

Dr. Anderson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Chorioretinitis
  • Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Contusion of the Eyeball
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Retinal Ischemia
  • Retinal Neovascularization
  • Retinal Telangiectasia
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
  • Retinoschisis

• Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Repair of Eye Laceration
  • Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • Retina and Vitreous Surgery
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• University of Virginia
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1994
  • UNIV OF TN HLTH SCI CTR
    Medical School | Graduated 1999
  • Emory University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2003
  • Wills Eye Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

Dr. Anderson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Anderson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Anderson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Anderson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Anderson to family and friends
Dr. Anderson's Performance
in Maryville, TN |
Wonderful doctor. Very considerate. He also has the best handshake. Bonus, he's cute too! Certainly recommend Dr. Anderson to anyone.
in Loudon, tn |
I recently moved to East Tn. and was in need of a local retinologist. I did some research and chose Dr. Nicholas Anderson with Southeastern Retina Associates due to his outstanding educational background, vast experience and the fact he is involved in clinical trials and research. During my office visit, Dr Anderson was very thorough in his examination and patiently answered answered all of my questions. I feel fortunate to be under his care. In addition, his office staff are great!
Knoxville, TN |
We'll run office with very nice personnel. Dr. Anderson was patient with my elderly mother and has a very pleasant personality. I highly recommend him!
in Knoxville, TN |
Very good, as a newcomer to this area, I'm very satisfied I chose Dr Anderson.
in Crossville, Tn |
Dr Anderson is without any doubt the best of the best !! and I always receive the best care I have ever experienced ....Professional, courteous, personable, knowledgeable, explains everything so I can easily understand ...TERRIFIC DOCTOR, I trust him totally...... His staff is outstanding,!! I have taken the time to get a few of the names for their professionalism and wonderful personalities when dealing with patients..Thank you Brittany, Jordan,Ashley and Jamie (and there are more)......
in Knoxville, TN |
Friendly and professional. Takes time to discuss eye issues and answers questions.
in Sevierville, TN |
First we need to apologize to this office & doctor. We arrived at 2:15 for a 2:30 appointment & were advised our appointment was at 1:00. Unfortunately, when we checked our calendar we checked the wrong date & saw 2:30, so that's what time we thought the appoint was. When we said we would make another appointment they were very gracious & said they would take us. They took us in within 10 minutes & we done within an hour. They definitely went above & beyond & we promise it will not happen again.
in Knoxville, TN |
Very professional, very good demeanor, open to questions and provides factual answers. My experience has been good, and I have confidence to Dr. Anderson.
Oak Ridge, TN |
Dr. Anderson is a very caring doctor. He is on time for the schedule and answer all the questions that you ask.
in Maryville, TN |
Dr Anderson is very personable. I know he is busy, but he always acts like you are his most important patient.
Maryville, TN |
I would HIGHLY recommend Southeastern Retina Associates. I have taken my mom to see Dr. Anderson for about 3 years now. His staff is wonderful, they always treat my mom like a queen. They're very patient with her hearing loss and answer all our questions thoroughly. Dr. Anderson is an exceptional doctor. In addition to his medical expertise he is a kind human who always has a smile for his patients and remembers details of their lives.
in Greeneville, TN |
I saw Dr Anderson regarding a detached retina 1 year ago. The only issue with the initial appointment the day of surgery was not his fault. I was an add-on at the end of the day, but was asked to be there by 7:30 AM. I was there and had no breakfast. I was not told by the office staff I would be the last patient of the day and sat there until 2:30 that afternoon. I would have liked to have been told that it would be after lunch and I could go out and have a cup of black coffee or clear liquids.
Tazewell, TN |
Dr. Anderson is an excellent doctor whom I trust my vision with completely. He is always gracious,efficient, precise, and thorough. I would recommend him highly to everyone with vision problems. I am grateful to have him as my vision caregiver.
in Maryville, TN |
Great Physician, very affable, explains things clearly.
in Knoxville, TN |
My experience with Dr. Anderson and his staff was pleasant and efficient. I dealt with two employees at the reception desk, one at check-in and one at check-out, and two others who performed tests or assisted Dr. Anderson. All of them, as well as Dr. Anderson could not have been more personable and helpful in answering my questions and advising me of their findings.
Kingsport, TN |
Dr. Anderson did a great job explaining an epiretinal membrane, and what to expect with surgery. Surgery went great!
in Loudon |
I am very pleased with Dr. Anderson. He and his staff are very professional and clearly knowledgeable. If I could complain about anything, it would be the parking lot being full due to numerous offices in the building. But I have always been able to find a space someplace, but some times it takes more effort. And if this is the only negative I can think of, Dr. Anderson must be doing a pretty good job.
in Knoxville, TN |
I have been given multiple injections for my histoplasmosis for several years by Dr. Anderson. He is very caring, understanding, knowledgeable and professional. I have never had any problems with my injections whatsoever and I would trust his expertise and advice in any vision problems I may encounter in the future.
Have you seen Dr. Nicholas Anderson, MD?
Are you Dr. Anderson?

Visit Dr. Anderson

Dr. Anderson accepts 17 insurance carriers
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan
  • Golden Rule
  • HealthSmart
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • POMCO Group