Dr. Nicholas Anderson, MD

Dr. Nicholas Anderson, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Nicholas Anderson, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Knoxville, TN. He is 45 years old and has been practicing for 18 years.

1124 E Weisgarber Rd Ste 207

Knoxville, TN 37909

Learn about Dr. Anderson

See how frequently Dr. Anderson performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration
Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration
Retina Diseases

Dr. Anderson's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Chorioretinitis
  • Chronic Endophthalmitis
  • Contusion of the Eyeball
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Retinal Ischemia
  • Retinal Neovascularization
  • Retinal Telangiectasia
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
  • Retinoschisis

• Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Repair of Eye Laceration
  • Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • Retina and Vitreous Surgery
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• University Of Virginia
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1994
  • Univ Of Tn Hlth Sci Ctr
    Medical School | Graduated 1999
  • Emory University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2003
  • Wills Eye Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

Dr. Anderson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Anderson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Anderson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Anderson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Anderson to family and friends
Dr. Anderson's Performance
in Knoxville |
Dr. Anderson did a fantastic job of explaining the nature of my eye issue, the plan to address it and the procedure itself. I recommend him highly to anyone who is in need of retinal care. He is very approachable with a pleasant manner.
in Knoxville |
I had been seeing another retina specialist for 18 months. We did not feel comfortable with his explanations or the plan he had for my treatment. Today was the first time my husband and I met Dr. Anderson. He reviewed my history, explained my diagnosis and helped us come up with a plan of treatment. We were so pleased that Dr. Anderson answered all of our questions and made sure that our concerns were answered. I would recommend anyone to schedule with him. Excellent experience.
in Sweetwater, TN |
I am 39 years old and had never heard of a retina detachment. Dr. Anderson performed emergency surgery once the detachment was found. My eye doctor contacted him after 5 pm on Tuesday and he had me in for surgery at 8 am the next day! He is a true professional who truly cares about the well-being of his patients. He is very knowledgeable and patient with me, always willing to answer my questions. I'm extremely thankful that I was put into his care to fix my retina, and would highly recommend him
in Oak Ridge, TN |
I feel extremely fortunate that Dr. Nicholas Anderson was the Doctor working the day I came to meet him for an emergency eye surgery for a detached retina. It has now been over a year since the surgery and my eye sight is actually better than the other eye! It was very scary when this occurred, but he was excellent and so was his staff at both the Oak Ridge & Knoxville offices. I hope I never need his services again, but if I do he is THE only eye doctor I will see.
Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Anderson is very thorough. He has taken a very conservative approach to monitoring my condition.. As a surgeon, he could have talked me into surgery several times in the past 5 years, but has not since my condition has remained stable.
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr.Anderson is wonderful. I had 2 tiny tears & a hole in my left retina & he took a laser pen out of his pocket & repaired my retina quickly. He is very friendly, personable,& professional. His office is thourough & wonderful, sending appointment reminders. I had vision problems recently, called his office & the next day he examined me. He diagnosed my problem promptly & his office called my eye surgeon, & scheduled an appt.. My most recent problem wasn't my retina, I trust him. He's the best.
in Maryville, TN |
Wonderful doctor. Very considerate. He also has the best handshake. Bonus, he's cute too! Certainly recommend Dr. Anderson to anyone.
in Loudon, tn |
I recently moved to East Tn. and was in need of a local retinologist. I did some research and chose Dr. Nicholas Anderson with Southeastern Retina Associates due to his outstanding educational background, vast experience and the fact he is involved in clinical trials and research. During my office visit, Dr Anderson was very thorough in his examination and patiently answered answered all of my questions. I feel fortunate to be under his care. In addition, his office staff are great!
Knoxville, TN |
We'll run office with very nice personnel. Dr. Anderson was patient with my elderly mother and has a very pleasant personality. I highly recommend him!
in Knoxville, TN |
Very good, as a newcomer to this area, I'm very satisfied I chose Dr Anderson.
in Crossville, Tn |
Dr Anderson is without any doubt the best of the best !! and I always receive the best care I have ever experienced ....Professional, courteous, personable, knowledgeable, explains everything so I can easily understand ...TERRIFIC DOCTOR, I trust him totally...... His staff is outstanding,!! I have taken the time to get a few of the names for their professionalism and wonderful personalities when dealing with patients..Thank you Brittany, Jordan,Ashley and Jamie (and there are more)......
in Knoxville, TN |
Friendly and professional. Takes time to discuss eye issues and answers questions.
in Sevierville, TN |
First we need to apologize to this office & doctor. We arrived at 2:15 for a 2:30 appointment & were advised our appointment was at 1:00. Unfortunately, when we checked our calendar we checked the wrong date & saw 2:30, so that's what time we thought the appoint was. When we said we would make another appointment they were very gracious & said they would take us. They took us in within 10 minutes & we done within an hour. They definitely went above & beyond & we promise it will not happen again.
in Knoxville, TN |
Very professional, very good demeanor, open to questions and provides factual answers. My experience has been good, and I have confidence to Dr. Anderson.
Oak Ridge, TN |
Dr. Anderson is a very caring doctor. He is on time for the schedule and answer all the questions that you ask.
in Maryville, TN |
Dr Anderson is very personable. I know he is busy, but he always acts like you are his most important patient.
Maryville, TN |
I would HIGHLY recommend Southeastern Retina Associates. I have taken my mom to see Dr. Anderson for about 3 years now. His staff is wonderful, they always treat my mom like a queen. They're very patient with her hearing loss and answer all our questions thoroughly. Dr. Anderson is an exceptional doctor. In addition to his medical expertise he is a kind human who always has a smile for his patients and remembers details of their lives.
in Greeneville, TN |
I saw Dr Anderson regarding a detached retina 1 year ago. The only issue with the initial appointment the day of surgery was not his fault. I was an add-on at the end of the day, but was asked to be there by 7:30 AM. I was there and had no breakfast. I was not told by the office staff I would be the last patient of the day and sat there until 2:30 that afternoon. I would have liked to have been told that it would be after lunch and I could go out and have a cup of black coffee or clear liquids.
Tazewell, TN |
Dr. Anderson is an excellent doctor whom I trust my vision with completely. He is always gracious,efficient, precise, and thorough. I would recommend him highly to everyone with vision problems. I am grateful to have him as my vision caregiver.
in Maryville, TN |
Great Physician, very affable, explains things clearly.
in Knoxville, TN |
My experience with Dr. Anderson and his staff was pleasant and efficient. I dealt with two employees at the reception desk, one at check-in and one at check-out, and two others who performed tests or assisted Dr. Anderson. All of them, as well as Dr. Anderson could not have been more personable and helpful in answering my questions and advising me of their findings.
Kingsport, TN |
Dr. Anderson did a great job explaining an epiretinal membrane, and what to expect with surgery. Surgery went great!
in Loudon |
I am very pleased with Dr. Anderson. He and his staff are very professional and clearly knowledgeable. If I could complain about anything, it would be the parking lot being full due to numerous offices in the building. But I have always been able to find a space someplace, but some times it takes more effort. And if this is the only negative I can think of, Dr. Anderson must be doing a pretty good job.
in Knoxville, TN |
I have been given multiple injections for my histoplasmosis for several years by Dr. Anderson. He is very caring, understanding, knowledgeable and professional. I have never had any problems with my injections whatsoever and I would trust his expertise and advice in any vision problems I may encounter in the future.
Have you seen Dr. Nicholas Anderson, MD?
Are you Dr. Anderson?