Dr. Nicholas Ahn, MD

Dr. Nicholas Ahn, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Nicholas Ahn, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Cleveland, OH. He is 45 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Ahn is affiliated with University Hospitals Case Medical Center, University Hospital Richmond Medical Center and University Hospitals Ahuja Medical Center.

Dr. Ahn's Experience

See how Dr. Ahn's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ahn

Dr. Ahn accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Ahn has admitting privileges.

Dr. Ahn's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ahn to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Ahn's Performance
in Euclid, OH |
amazing doctor performed a discectomy thank you for my life back!!
in Canton, OH |
Dr. Ahn is an incredible doctor and surgeon. If I had to have another surgery, he would be my choice. He spends time and listens when you have questions and both my husband and I have had back surgeries and he has been our surgeon. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is in need of a spinal surgery.
in Uniontown, OH |
Dr Ahn gave me my life back. I had cervical fusion surgery January 2016 which as a revision. I'm back to enjoying my life. Thank you Dr. Ahn
Mentor, OH |
I was having back issues and Dr. Ahn gave me options and explained each thoroughly. I chose to have surgery as this was probably going to be needed in the future anyway and preferred to do this now instead of ending up with pain again and going through everything again at an older aged (already 66). The surgery was successful and I expect to be able to get back to my recreational activities shortly.
in Cleveland, OH |
I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Ahn to discuss the likely hood of needing back surgery. I had had previous back surgery with another surgeon 12 years ago. From the moment I met Dr. Ahn I felt so comfortable with him. I had the utmost confidence in him and his abilities. He has an awesome bedside manner and his skills are top notch. I had a revision and extension of a lumbar decompression and fusion by Dr. Ahn in February and I already back at work doing GREAT!
in Gates Mills, OH |
Dr. Ahn was a pleasure to work with during my spinal problem both from a personal and professional perspective. Very wonderful bedside manner, as well as a top notch surgeon who corrected my problem with little recuperation time. All of his staff was sympathetic and helpful in the healing process. I would highly recommend Dr. Ahn to my friends and feel fortunate to have him as my Osteopathic doctor. A+ in my book.
in Shaker Hts., OH |
Dr. Ahn listened to my concerns and explanations and really took the time to consider careful and appropriate options. I did not feel rushed and felt like he was interested in taking the time to address my challenges. Even though I had an appointment, the wait was an hour and I received no updates or communication from office staff. Once I got past the frustration of that, Dr. Ahn made up for all of it with his sense of professionalism and sincere care. I highly recommend him and plan to return!
in Cleveland, OH |
My experiences with Dr. Ahn could not have been better. I must count my blessings. I know people who had back surgery and the results were less than successful. My cervical spine problems are gone, albeit a few stiff necks once in awhile. One of the most telling traits of Dr. Ahn's excellence is he would not suggest or perform surgery until all avenues of alternative care were taken. Ethics at its best. He is a shining star in Cleveland.
in Cleveland, OH |
A caring and knowledgeable doctor. I would recommend him to my family and friends. He made me feel comfortable every step of the way.
Cortland, OH |
When I finally decided to do something about my chronic back problems, my PCP recommended Dr Ahn. I was hesitant due to the distance from my home but I am so thankful that I decided the travel was worth it. Dr Ahn is very patient and explained my situation clearly and was very honest explaining that I may or may not have complete resolution of my problems due to the length of time the nerves had been compressed. I would happily recommend him to my friends and family.
Cleveland, OH |
Dr. Ahn was compassionate and explained my medical condition in patient friendly terms. He listened to my concerns regarding the surgery and explained the pros and cons in terms I could understand. I was able to go ahead with the surgery based on Dr. Ahn's recommendation. I felt my best interest was served by having Dr. Ahn as my surgeon. During my post-operative visit, he told me my recovery was a miracle. Doctors treat, but God does the healing!!!
Outstanding doctor patient relationship. I did not feel rushed when discussing my health issues with Dr. Ahn. He is a very gentle and knowledgeable doctor. I am now pain free due to his skillful surgery.
in Chagrin Falls, OH |
My husband used Dr. Ahn two years ago for back surgery. He was not only patient with explanations of the procedure, but took the time to answer all our questions. He was compassionate and attentive during the entire experience. It made sense then when I developed back pain to go straight to Dr. Ahn. I would recommend him highly and I do!
in Lorain, OH |
I want to thank Dr Ahn for literally saving my life last year. He received me in an emergent situation, with a staph infection literally eating at my vertebrate. In fact, they weren't sure I'd make it out alive from the operations, let alone walk again. Well I did and I do. I am back to work, , and enjoying my hobbies of gardening and dancing , thanks to this Dr. You are the greatest, Dr, and I pray for you and your family always. thank you for my life .
in Painesville, OH |
Excellent in explaining procedures done, has a wonderful bedside manner that makes you feel at ease,is also surrounded by a knowledgeable and quite capable staff
in North Ridgeville, OH |
Dr Ahn has consistently given me advice that is in my best interest. I trust his strait forward answers to my particular needs. He also suggest alternates to surgery first.
in Austinburg, OH |
Very pleasant very informative
in Lakewood, OH |
Was able to get an x-ray and MRI scheduled with no hassle when all other options were months away. Listens well and gives great feedback. Double Laminectomy was a breeze.
in Beachwood, OH |
I would recommend Dr. Ahn to any of my friends and family. The surgery was very successful and I am no longer in pain. Dr. Ahn really cares about his patients and always answers all questions and makes the patient feel very comfortable.
in Kent, OH |
He is an excellent doctor. I referred to him by Dr. Grant. Whether I need his expertise on his specialities or it falls under some one else. He referred me to Dr. Gillespie and Dr. Fitzgerald. I like them and especially Dr. Ahn's empathy and gets to the problem and resolves it. His professional bedside manner is similar to my Uncle Arthur Burns who lived at University. Whenever I meet someone with back or neck problems I give them Dr. Ahn's number, sometimes a ride there.
in Cleveland, OH |
Dr. Ahn is my miracle worker. I would not be walking today if it wasn't for him. On top of being a wonderful surgeon he has an incredible bedside manor. He is very patient and explains things so you can understand and lets you know what to really expect. He is the best doctor I have ever had.
in Cleveland, OH |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Ahn to My family and friends. He has a great rapport with his patients. He makes me feel confident about treatments and medications he prescribes. He remembers me and my health issues which makes me feel like i have a doctor i can trust. He try to answer all of my questions and concerns. I have been seeing him since 2011 and would not even consider changing my doctor.
in Cleveland, OH |
At the point when I saw Dr. Ahn, I was already recommended for back surgery by a different doctor. I was skeptical and hesitant to move forward because I was afraid of the recovery. Dr. Ahn spent a significant amount of time pacifying me and explaining the procedure until I was comfortable to move forward. I would highly recommend Dr. Ahn to my family and friends.
in Pepper Pike, OH |
I was in extreme pain and Dr. Ahn truly changed my life. I went to him at the recommendation of a friend at work who had a very complex 2-part neck surgery . Dr. Ahn explained the different problems with my back, answered all my questions and was very thorough. He does not rush a patient into surgery, suggesting other options first. I have recommended Dr. Ahn to others. He is an exceptional doctor and I feel fortunate to have been his patient. There isn't a day that I'm not grateful to him
Chesterland, OH |
He is a wonderful and caring doctor. I would highly recommend him to everyone
in Kent, OH |
Dr. Ahn was wonderful as my surgeon for cervical fusion. In my first meeting with him he explained all non-surgical options to treat my symptoms. He did not push for surgery, but explained as he read my MRI that surgery was the only option to "fix" my condition. I felt confident in his explanations of the surgery and likely post-surgery effects. Excellent "bedside" manner. Courteous and enjoyable to interact with. Very good follow up experience as well. I would want him again if needed.
in Hudson, OH |
Dr. Ahn is very personable, takes time to explain options and what he recommends. He recommends all options before surgery.
in Novelty, OH |
Dr Ahn is extremely low keyed. He is very knowledgeable and listens to his patients.I have not had him perform surgery yet but he wants his patients to be ready and not pressured or rushed to have any procedure done. He is has been recommended by 2 other Doctors. He will spend as much time with you as needed. Not a rush rush person.
Independence, Ohio |
My consultation with Dr. Ahn went very well. He patiently listened to my concerns, reviewed my MRI & thoroughly explained the treatment options to both myself & husband. I would highly recommend Dr. Ahn.
in Macedonia, OH |
Although the waiting room was crowded, Dr. Ahn never made us feel rushed and took the time needed for my visit. I have never had a doctor as patient, kind, and informative as Dr. Ahn. He explained the procedure fully, answered every question, and left me feeling confident that he is the best doctor to treat my problems. I would not hesitate to recommend him to my family and friends.
Youngstown, OHcleveland, oh |
I found Dr. Ahn to be patient, caring, knowledgeable and professional. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Cleveland Heights, OH |
Dr. Ahn was very patient and kind from the moment I met him. He answered all of my questions and I had a lot, even though there was a room full of people waiting for him and he never made me feel rushed. I could barely use my arm before surgery; my pain and weakness are now gone. Very happy with this doctor and would recommend to my friends and family.
in Avon Lake, OH |
In August, Dr. Ahn performed my second back surgery. All went well and I'm very pleased that I can walk again without pain. As with the first surgery, he carefully explained the procedure and answered all my questions. He was very considerate of my family members. I'm very thankful Nicholas Ahn came to Cleveland.
in Cleveland, OH |
I was referred to Dr. Ahn for disc issues as a result of Rheumatoid Arthritis. in 2011 I had my first major surgery and Dr. Ahn and his team were very attentive to my concerns. The doctor provided a very thorough explanation of the procedure to myself and my husband.
in Kinsman, Oh |
Dr. Ahn was very professional but also compassionate. My surgery went as expected. He has a wonderful bedside manner. I would not hesitate to recommend him to friends and family.
Youngstown, OH |
Pleasure was all mine in finally meeting with and being examined by this Ivy League Dr.Answered all my questions, explained my imaging results, the "why's" and what "if's". Was not rushed in any way and looking forward to my follow up! George Murray-Youngstown,Ohio
Avon, OH |
Dr. Ahn is one of the most caring doctors I have been to. I broke my neck in 4 places and my back in 2 places. During my visits he never made me feel like he was in a rush to get to his next patient and always answered my questions and explained everything about my treatment so that I could understand what was going on.
Westlake, OH |
Did a fine job with spinal problem several years ago causing problem in my foot. Now he is very clear in his explanations and patiently assures that all your questions are answered
Cleveland, OH |
Dr. Ahn explained my condition and treatment thoroughly. I have complete confidence in how he is going to help me. Thank you!
in Garfield Hts OH |
Dr. Ahn was great with my mother's first visit. After a few tests it was determined that my mom had no serious issues with her neck. This was excellent news for our family. Dr. Ahn explain every detail and was very kind and gentle with my mother. This was one doctor visit that my mother really enjoyed.
in Lakeville, OH |
In Sept. 2016, Dr. Ahn performed emergency surgery on my neck. Due to his surgical skills, it was very successful. Dr. Ahn is an extremely calm, caring and compassionate doctor. He quietly conveys to his patients confidence and trust in his abilities. Explained everything.
in Lakevile, Ohio |
Dr. Ahn operated on my wife in mid September 2016, after an MRI showed she needed immediate emergency surgery to relieve pressure on her spinal column. When she went to surgery she used a wheel chair to get around and was unable to feed herself or write her signature. Dr. Ahn performed emergency surgery to relieve pressure on her spinal column (occiput to T2, C2 Laminectomy). The surgery was successful and she is regaining her ability to take care of herself and the ability to get around.
in Cleveland, OH |
I was very comfortable during my first visit with information shared, time taken explaining ex-rays and options given. Back surgery was not the first option recommended, but ultimately it was necessary. A member of Dr. Ahn's team visited me during rehab and I have had regular follow-up with Dr. Ahn since surgery March 3, 20015. My recovery has gone well.
in Cleveland, OH |
I was referred to Dr. Ahn by my primary doctor for severe back pain. From the time I first met him and through my surgery (which was a great success), he has been like a part of my family. His follow up has been professional and caring. I could not recommend more to anyone needing great skills and true concern for my wellness.
in Maple Hts., OH |
Dr. Ahn is a very patient, compassionate doctor. He is very thorough, and spends the time needed with his patients. He has done 2 spinal surgeries for me and I'm scheduled for my third. I need to have my daughters and husband involved in my healthcare and he is really ok with having them come to my appts. and explaining everything to them. Having him do this upcoming surgery is the only comfort I have. He fits in perfectly with the rest of my team of doctors and what I believe UH is as a whole.
in 1372 W. 85th ST. front down unit Cleveland, OH 441 |
Dr. Ahn, did my surgery i think he did a good job
in Niles, OH |
Dr. Ahn operated on my back 6 weeks ago and I am feeling better every day.
in Bedford, OH |
Dr Ahn is kind very, very easy to talk to, thorough, explains things thoroughly, the surgery he did on my spine relieved my pain and I can move and walk easily now. Follow up visits went smoothly. My family was kept well informed during my surgery he was kind and answered their questions . His staff are very helpful when making appointments or with any questione. His NP Linette is also very nice patient and helpful I would recommend Dr Ahn if anyone needs surgery or a consult
in Brunswick, GA |
Dr Ahn done my Aunts back surgery, she gets around a lot better. He is an awesome Dr with a great staff!! After meeting him and seeing my Aunt doing so much better, I wished I lived there so I could see him. My husband and I went to stay with my Aunt during and after surgery to help her out.
in Rittman, OH |
Dr. Ahn is a very caring surgeon. Both pre and post surgical care were fantastic. His diagnosis was spot on and the surgery was very successful. Both his staff and himself show that the patient matters and he has been willing to spend all of the time necessary with me.
Have you seen Dr. Nicholas Ahn, MD?
Are you Dr. Ahn?

Compare Dr. Ahn

Dr. Ahn's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Ohio not available

Dr. Ahn has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

Why It Matters: Dr. Ahn's Board Certifications

• Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Graduated in 1992

John Hopkins Hospital
    Johns Hopkins University School Of Nursing
    Rush Presbyterian St. Luke`S Medical Center

Dr. Ahn does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ahn and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Carpal Tunnel Release
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic