Psychiatry  |
Dr. Neva Roark, MD
Dr. Neva Roark, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Huntsville, AL. She is 62 years old and has been practicing for 39 years. Dr. Roark is affiliated with Crestwood Medical Center and Huntsville Hospital.

4040 Memorial Pkwy SW

Huntsville, AL 35802

(256) 533-1970

• WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Roark

See how frequently Dr. Roark performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Bipolar Disorder
Impulse Control Disorders

Dr. Roark's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

• Medication Management
  • Psychiatric Evaluation

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• Eastern Virginia Medical School Of The Medical College Of Hampton Roads
    Medical School | Graduated 1978
  • University Cincinnati Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1979
  • University Cincinnati Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1984

Dr. Roark has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Roark does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Roark and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Roark's Reviews

FAIR
    GOOD
    GOOD
Huntsville, AL |
She was distant and insisted on things about my depression that weren't accurate or helpful. This was a while ago, and I've have had time to get some perspective on it. She just wouldn't listen and didn't seem to care how I felt about it. She was weirder than most psychiatrists. Even my therapist, who has dealt with her, described her as "squirrelly".
Huntsville, AL |
Dr Roark is a cold, uncaring clinician whose main concern is maintaining a business model, not patient care.
St Joseph, MO |
I lost complete trust in Dr. Roark during my AZ vacation. I had severe depression, but Dr. R would not talk via phone or Skype. She refused to call in a dosage increase to an AZ pharmacy (it would have taken 2 min.). Receptionist said Dr. R would not help until my Sept appt (it was then July) and that I should go to an AZ emergency room, despite awful wait times. Her crisis intervention skills: None. Her attitude: Cold, rigid, and elusive when I needed help desperately.
Cullman, AL |
If you can avoid it, don't see Dr Roark. Remember, not every doctor graduates at the top of the class and I have a feeling this is one just got by. Please do yourself and everyone else a favor and stop supporting her and keeping her in business.
Huntsville, AL |
She doesn't know conditions and medications, which is basically her whole job.
Huntsville, AL |
Visit went well enough. We discussed my current meds and set the dose to take until the next visit. I requested a refill on one of the meds and she refused. Without any direct discussion with me. Her behavior has been very condescending and non professional. I believe, she believes, she is of the ruling class in position and her moral views. This judgmental behavior controls her actions concerning her patients. This could be a deadly relationship for someone.
Huntsville, AL |
Very unpleasant. Authoritarian rather than authoritative. I felt insulted and degraded.
in Huntsville, AL |
I would not recommend her all she wanted to do was throw pills down my throat she has a disconnect that is felt the moment I met her.
in Huntsville, AL |
I would not recommend Dr Roark at all.
My experience was very unpleasant even degrading. I felt discriminated for religion,her behavior changed towards me after I answered her question about religion, and not trusting (everything I mentioned was questioned in a overly sceptical manner).
Have you seen Dr. Neva Roark, MD?
Are you Dr. Roark?